Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EvilHawk posted:

That's a loving weird transfer. Why are Stoke selling him?

It really is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

EvilHawk posted:

They have no choice. Once a player hears Boro is in for him he's gone.

ephex posted:

how are you feeling about this

Good.

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

bojan also liked something on negredo's instagram, it's a done deal

Lets get some bold text going because there is not a god drat chance this deal isn't happening immediately and without complication.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

Lets get some bold text going because there is not a god drat chance this deal isn't happening immediately and without complication.

agreed op

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Never going to get in the team ahead of Jon Walters!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Wonder if bojan ever dreamed he'd be playing for the mighty boro one day when he was child slave at barcelona

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

Ravel Morrison is training with Wigan, but they haven't decided whether to make an offer for him yet. I'm sure Lazio will just let him go for free to whomever wants him.

He's such a loving idiot. He had so much potential.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Ninpo posted:

He's such a loving idiot. He had so much potential.

Morrison or Bojan? Haha. But yeah both had potential and are now about to end their careers so early signing for poo poo clubs. :sosad:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm pretty sure Stoke are selling Bojan because he's shite?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Xabi posted:

I'm pretty sure Stoke are selling Bojan because he's shite?

I mean he's better than Jozy Alitodre who is worth 1 jermaine defoe so he's actually fully sick?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

you cant spell pissflaps without courage so you are the perfect fit to bold that text

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Traore and Bojan are going to link up at Boro to devastating effect or something like that

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

China have upped Kalanic's salary with 15m a season. He makes 1m now.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wonder what taxes are like in China

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Chelsea recalled Nathan Ake with "immediate effect" which seems...really loving weird?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Akileese posted:

Chelsea recalled Nathan Ake with "immediate effect" which seems...really loving weird?

Not really, considering they have like 2 and half centrebacks for their 3 CB system.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Akileese posted:

that's not at all weird. do you know how loans work?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

that's not at all weird. do you know how loans work?

Yes. They send a player out to a club and then normally have to essentially pay a fee to recall the player. What I was missing from this was Chelsea apparently had a recall clause for the month of January built into the loan deal.

Players don't normally get recalled from loans unless they're not playing and getting sent back out. I don't know why the gently caress I put quotes around immediate effect so my bad for that.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
In Scottish transfer news: Rangers have signed American midfielder Emerson Hyndman on loan from Bournemouth, and I think they are going to sign another midfielder, Jon Toral on loan from Arsenal.

Hearts have signed OAP Aaron Hughes on a short term deal.

Celtic have all but signed 19 year old J. Christ Koussai Eboue from Krasnodar, famous for his nice meltdown

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Her Dryer posted:

In Scottish transfer news: Rangers have signed American midfielder Emerson Hyndman on loan from Bournemouth, and I think they are going to sign another midfielder, Jon Toral on loan from Arsenal.

Hearts have signed OAP Aaron Hughes on a short term deal.

Celtic have all but signed 19 year old J. Christ Koussai Eboue from Krasnodar, famous for his nice meltdown

Lmao at #22 in that video

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

MrBling posted:

Not really, considering they have like 2 and half centrebacks for their 3 CB system.

It doesn't make sense to me. Chelsea have Luiz, Cahill, Terry and Zouma that are all natural CBs. Azpillicueta has looked pretty good on the right and Ivanovic should be an ok backup as well. And then Chalobah could probably slot in anywhere in the back 3 as well. So that's 7 players for 3 positions.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It doesn't make sense to me. Chelsea have Luiz, Cahill, Terry and Zouma that are all natural CBs. Azpillicueta has looked pretty good on the right and Ivanovic should be an ok backup as well. And then Chalobah could probably slot in anywhere in the back 3 as well. So that's 7 players for 3 positions.

Terry is 80 years old and completely dead. Cahill is alright, but nothing more. Ideally Azpilicueta would be playing the right wing back role if he hasn't forgotten how to be a right back at this point

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
J. Christ, Kassie Eboue!!!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

Yes. They send a player out to a club and then normally have to essentially pay a fee to recall the player. What I was missing from this was Chelsea apparently had a recall clause for the month of January built into the loan deal.

Players don't normally get recalled from loans unless they're not playing and getting sent back out. I don't know why the gently caress I put quotes around immediate effect so my bad for that.

Apparently he's done pretty well at the mouth, and they're recalling him because he's good enough to provide cover for their depleted defense.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Frankston posted:

Traore and Bojan are going to link up at Boro to devastating effect or something like that

the front 4 of negredo, ramirez, bojan and traore phwoar

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

MrBling posted:

Terry is 80 years old and completely dead. Cahill is alright, but nothing more. Ideally Azpilicueta would be playing the right wing back role if he hasn't forgotten how to be a right back at this point

But Ake isn't going to play over Terry or Cahill, or even Azpilicueta. I bet Ake doesn't get more than 200 minutes in all competitions this season.

Next season Christensen, Zouma and Luiz should be the starting back 3. Terry and Ivanovic will be gone, and hopefully Cahill and Azpilicueta will be backup CBs with Azpilicueta also playing Wingback if he has the technical ability.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

But Ake isn't going to play over Terry or Cahill, or even Azpilicueta. I bet Ake doesn't get more than 200 minutes in all competitions this season.

Next season Christensen, Zouma and Luiz should be the starting back 3. Terry and Ivanovic will be gone, and hopefully Cahill and Azpilicueta will be backup CBs with Azpilicueta also playing Wingback if he has the technical ability.

Kurt Zouma has had 1 (?) appearance all season and you expect him to be a regular starter next season?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

Kurt Zouma has had 1 (?) appearance all season and you expect him to be a regular starter next season?

I think he should be back to his pre-ACL tear form by next season, and his pre-injury form was really good. Zouma made 63 appearances in Ligue 1 as a teenager and has 59 appearances for Chelsea, and I just found out he was named after Kurt Sloane from the movie Kickboxer.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lmao at #22 in that video

That's some next level Pep poo poo to send the mascot out as well to help surround the ref

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
looks like the prodigal son is gona gently caress off somewhere else to be poo poo and fail.
aka downing is gona go on loan somewhere

also noted good player dave nuge is going to derby

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Ake played a season at LB for Watford and he has CDM experience as well. Forget where he played at Bournemouth this season. Not exactly recalling an out and out CB here.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I'm pretty sure conte wants to see if ake can play as a wing back. he has no cover for that position

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
The biggest signing of the Winter transfer window, Cohen Bramall from Hednesford Town to Arsenal, is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/818791660196888576

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Title challenge back on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is a shame

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/818755586875604992

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Roy Hodgson's goblin to Big Sam's bench is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/818777981497774081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

He's always been Big Sam's goblin

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SevillaFC/status/818867266456604673

Nice to include a picture of him playing in his natural position

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trem_two posted:

Nice to include a picture of him playing in his natural position

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So how many former Bolton players is Big Sam going to bring to Palace? What's Kevin Nolan up to these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

sebzilla posted:

He's always been Big Sam's goblin

He was at his goblin peak at Anfield though.

• Locked thread