Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

KataraniSword posted:

It's not the most generous with its premium currency (I find FFRK beats it out there, though FFRK's lack of narrative and real-time gameplay understandably turn off a lot of people), and it makes up for that generosity by being downright cruel in other ways.

No other game I know of has emulator grinding macros as a F2P optimization technique. Trust Masteries are a really dumb and bad system.

Yea. I think since I'm still new, I can see this, but others just aren't cognizant, cuz like that poster stated, they get "EXTREMELY JEALOUS" when they see someone else's character who might have spent thousands on this phone game. If TMs did something you needed, I'd maybe get it? But you don't need them as stated over and over. At least I'm aware of this new nefarious trend in gaming and can hopefully never get into a game enough where I'm "EXTREMELY JEALOUS" over this or that.

I guess some of my angst over all of this is because Final Fantasy is my favorite franchise of all time. But as another friend who I've been discussing this with has pointed out, Pokemon even does this now with Pokemon GO; spending tons of money definitely helps you be the best like no one ever was. I guess this is just another "mah childhood" moments for me similar to friends I have that are Star Wars fans being super sad about the lovely new Disney movies.

Fenrir posted:

What the... I can't even :psyduck:

Not sure what is weird about the picture but yeah that's exactly how I feel about FFBE now.

Yunvespla fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Well I'm stumped.

Gotta fast track that sweet Holy Blade to use against D Fina's light weakness.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
And yes, I'm prob overreacting you can point that out if you have no refutations and want another post in your post count on the something awful forums :D

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the new disney star wars movies are better than the previous 6

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm glad I have experience playing F2P games because apparently lack of exposure to them makes you a huge weirdo about how other people play games

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

the new disney star wars movies are better than the previous 6

can confirm

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hardbody's the only person I've seen with higher attack, but only by 1 point and Noctis >>>> Gilgamesh.

Oh my sweet summer child:

My whale friend RobotDA. Unfortunately I lack Brave Suit or my Noodles would be the same.

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 9, 2017

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

KataraniSword posted:

No other game I know of has emulator grinding macros as a F2P optimization technique. Trust Masteries are a really dumb and bad system.

I was reluctant because emulator macros are usually a one-way ticket to being banned, but it seems to be an accepted thing here as long as you only grind TM and only do it for no more than about 8-9 hours a day max so you can plausibly claim you were playing, so whatever.

edit: yay, just checked and my newly set up macro grinded out about 7% TM this weekend. So yeah, roughly 3 weeks per group seems to be the going rate.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 9, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rigel posted:

I was reluctant because emulator macros are usually a one-way ticket to being banned, but it seems to be an accepted thing here as long as you only grind TM and only do it like 8-9 hours a day so you can plausibly claim you were playing, so whatever.

ive tm grinded like 18+ hours a day on multiple occasions, i didnt know that was a problem?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

rabidsquid posted:

ive tm grinded like 18+ hours a day on multiple occasions, i didnt know that was a problem?

Its technically against the TOS, and there appears to be scattered rare stories here and there of players being banned for macroing 24/7 (they may have been doing more than just TM though), so I decided to only macro TM during evenings and weekends to be safe.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

It's not the most generous with its premium currency (I find FFRK beats it out there, though FFRK's lack of narrative and real-time gameplay understandably turn off a lot of people), and it makes up for that generosity by being downright cruel in other ways.

FFRK's resources actually really annoy me, because it's 50 mythril pulls or bust. Here, I can have my 10000 Lapis set aside for a future banner, while still daily pulling and using summon tickets. It gives a comfortable trickle of new characters and occasional big surprises, whereas FFRK to me just feels like "go big or go home".

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

Oh my sweet summer child:

My whale friend RobotDA. Unfortunately I lack Brave Suit or my Noodles would be the same.

Exact same setup one of my whale friends on twitch has. Funny thing is, when I friended him, all he had was a 450 CoD.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Rigel posted:

Its technically against the TOS, and there appears to be scattered rare stories here and there of players being banned for macroing 24/7 (they may have been doing more than just TM though), so I decided to only macro TM during evenings and weekends to be safe.

There isn't a single person in all of global that has been banned for macroing. They were banned for injecting TMRs.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I probably would have spent money on this game (outside of the Early Bird Bundle at the end of beta which I did buy) had they ever given me an option with a reasonably valuable bundle...like, say, bringing back the Early Bird Bundle from beta.

But as it stands, I just truck along using my lapis for TM farming and tickets for pulling with on choice banners.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Gafgarion is sitting at around 80% trust mastery. Should I use two trust moogles to take it to 100 right now? I'd still have a couple moogles left.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If you're going to TM farm, probably not since we're currently in a lull where you have plenty of time to do so.

If not, then probably, since Bracer is a good accessory to have.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

So.... I had 7,000 lapis lying around. It wasn't all free, I bought some during christmas but free lapis piled on top of it, and tonight I figured I'd do an 11-summon again. Nothing will come of it, we just saw some fool today waste hundreds of dollars chasing after this stupi... rainbow?

No.... oh gently caress me, I don't even need her, I have good mages. Please don't be dark Fina, there's lots of other poo poo this rainbow crystal could be, even disappointing crap. lol, yep there she is, God dammit, now what? I don't even know what her TM is, all I know is that she's not much different from exdeath.

edit: the rest of that 11 summons was a kefka and some garbage.

edit2: ok. her TM doesn't look great, so probably not a game changer.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 9, 2017

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Her TM is amazing and is effectively a 50% magic TM. You should Prioritize it. Its the best mage TM in the game outside of dual Cast.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Hardbody posted:

Her TM is amazing and is effectively a 50% magic TM. You should Prioritize it. Its the best mage TM in the game outside of dual Cast.

Yep, I don't know what I was thinking to not reach the obvious conclusion, but you are right, her TM is loving bananas. I guess I know what I'll go for after I get excalibur in 2 weeks.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

I probably won't even whale for Orlandu

When he finally arrives he will have such lovely rates the outcry will be phenomenal and probably lead to the gacha change (while being totally planned for). You have to be prepared to dump 200 pulls AT LEAST to even have the slightest chance to even start thinking about ever owning him. A realistic target is more like 500-600 pulls that you should prepare in order to have a decent chance. You probably will see a couple of Rainbows but they wont be Orlandu. That, you also have to be prepared for.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I checked out the unit rankings wiki and in my initial roll i got the aforementioned chizuru plus refia, elle, sazh and general leo so that seems pretty decent

feel like leo should be the most OP draw tbh

i also drew edge and shadow from story tickets who were like my faves as a dumb kid and its too bad they are merely 3 stars and apparently shadow sucks

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I checked out the unit rankings wiki and in my initial roll i got the aforementioned chizuru plus refia, elle, sazh and general leo so that seems pretty decent

feel like leo should be the most OP draw tbh

i also drew edge and shadow from story tickets who were like my faves as a dumb kid and its too bad they are merely 3 stars and apparently shadow sucks

Chiz and Refia are your kings here. All the others are just mediocre or straight out trash.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Vax posted:

Chiz and Refia are your kings here. All the others are just mediocre or straight out trash.

Leo can be useful for a little bit if new. It beats my starter team of Chiz, Kefka, Shadow, Penelo, and Fran.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So i woke up to a "group bonus" which had a bunch of stat pots and tickets.

Any idea what that was about?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

m.hache posted:

So i woke up to a "group bonus" which had a bunch of stat pots and tickets.

Any idea what that was about?

They're the cumulative point total rewards for the Frostor event.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

They're the cumulative point total rewards for the Frostor event.

Oh awesome

Completely forgot about that.

Also managed to pull Luka this morning. I can finally replace Lenna but I'm going to miss my cheer buff.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Is anontella impossible without a cover tank? Had another shot with a near maxed out 6* team + agrias (no TMs however) and a whale pal luneth and still got blown up before I could kill a single part

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So for anyone else who uses the Nox macros to farm earth shrine, is there any way to make it shorter? It's only supposed to take like 38 seconds or something but for me it seems to be misaligned or something because it'll attack one enemy, then there's like five minutes of nothing until it hits the auto button. It's fine if I'm just letting it idle all afternoon or something, but it gets really annoying really fast if I want to do something else.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

So for anyone else who uses the Nox macros to farm earth shrine, is there any way to make it shorter? It's only supposed to take like 38 seconds or something but for me it seems to be misaligned or something because it'll attack one enemy, then there's like five minutes of nothing until it hits the auto button. It's fine if I'm just letting it idle all afternoon or something, but it gets really annoying really fast if I want to do something else.

Something is glitched. Delete the macro and try recreating it again. Also, are you sure you have the screen resolution set correctly? If nothing else works, try MEMU instead.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I don't mind dropping the occasional five bucks or so on a game as a reward for having good free to play pulls.

daily pull and 7 tickets, all blue crystals. I'm not even close to a rainbow crystal, I estimate a little over 59,000 pulls until I get another one, so the five bucks goes back in my pocket :v: The units I got don't suck(first Xiao in that bunch), but the odds are not encouraging.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Did you follow all the instructions including setting up the resolution?

e-Also I repeat do not use your tickets or 11 pull in this loving banner. Yesterday I set up nox and used my 10 tickets and daily on the throwaway account while settings up and got like 6 elles.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 9, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did you follow all the instructions including setting up the resolution?

The only instructions are "Resolution should be set to 1280x720, Tablet Mode." I've followed everything that guide says to the letter, and across multiple devices it's been like this so I don't know what the problem is.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
To be fair, the best use for purchased lapis by far is TM grinding. You can turn 3* and 4* bases (which are relatively easy to get f2p) into really great units. Then paired with a whale friend unit, you can steamroll most content. I was completely f2p until the Christmas bundle (which I got with google play gift cards, so I'm not sure if I can still call myself f2p... but I haven't spent any actual money.. so I don't know) I used all that lapis to grind out TMs and now I have a really awesome Gilgamesh (who was my first 5* base character ever after playing for 6 months).

tl;dr - You can play and enjoy this game, and get your fill of nostalgia without paying any money, and be able to beat all of the current content, without any TMs or 5* base units.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

The only instructions are "Resolution should be set to 1280x720, Tablet Mode." I've followed everything that guide says to the letter, and across multiple devices it's been like this so I don't know what the problem is.

I dont know man, are you using the actual nox script? When you running it it looks like the game is clicking on 3 spots in a rapid manner over and over again. You need to set the macro to repeat till you manually turn it off and thats it.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot posted:

You need to make sure your units in slot 1 and 3 are your fastest attackers and are strong enough to kill the mobs on their own. (Minimum 80-100 ATK as a rough guideline) Because only units 1 and 3 are being clicked. (that's top left and bottom left) If something goes wrong there is a failover auto push every couple of minutes. Which for you is being triggered because something is wrong with your setup.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Rigel posted:

So.... I had 7,000 lapis lying around. It wasn't all free, I bought some during christmas but free lapis piled on top of it, and tonight I figured I'd do an 11-summon again. Nothing will come of it, we just saw some fool today waste hundreds of dollars chasing after this stupi... rainbow?

No.... oh gently caress me, I don't even need her, I have good mages. Please don't be dark Fina, there's lots of other poo poo this rainbow crystal could be, even disappointing crap. lol, yep there she is, God dammit, now what? I don't even know what her TM is, all I know is that she's not much different from exdeath.

edit: the rest of that 11 summons was a kefka and some garbage.

edit2: ok. her TM doesn't look great, so probably not a game changer.

My team after one round with Dark Fina:

Trust me, she's much more than "just a better exdeath".

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Shark Tower posted:

My team after one round with Dark Fina:

Trust me, she's much more than "just a better exdeath".

Wow. I don't have the time, lapis or patience to do arena beyond the 90k line, but is it even possible to survive going second against that kind of team?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Umm :psyduck: I'll take it though, riskfree wins

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captaindirtnap posted:

Wow. I don't have the time, lapis or patience to do arena beyond the 90k line, but is it even possible to survive going second against that kind of team?

The damage limit per spell/attack is 999. A dualcast or dual wielded attack can do 999 twice. Chains can exceed the 999 limit too.

That said, the computer AI never uses dualcast, but will use dual wield since that is automatic anyway.

Now looking at his screenshot, it seems that his team took on the typical amount of damage that the AI would dish out in an opening round with that team. Be glad that flasks are neutered this week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

The damage limit per spell/attack is 999. A dualcast or dual wielded attack can do 999 twice. Chains can exceed the 999 limit too.

That said, the computer AI never uses dualcast, but will use dual wield since that is automatic anyway.

Now looking at his screenshot, it seems that his team took on the typical amount of damage that the AI would dish out in an opening round with that team. Be glad that flasks are neutered this week...

Actually, all that damage is from D Fina. JUST D Fina.

I went first and took down all 4 nocti and brought Fina to red. She proceeded to trigger retaliate twice, holy once on chiz, stonga'ed on her turn, then ultima'ed on the 2nd turn.

Captaindirtnap posted:

Sure. Pray enough of them waste their turn with useless actions. It's not too uncommon, but still basically a coin flip.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 9, 2017

• Locked thread