Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm cummins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think sonics got that parasite that eats your retina if you leave your contacts in for too long

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The girlfriend got me to install the Wish app and it's like 90% cheap rear end bootlegs

quote:

12Pcs / Lot New Pokemon Toys 2-3cm Mini Cartoon PVC Action Kids Toys Action Figure Birthday Christmas Gift Retail /. Add it to your wishlist!

http://www.wish.com/c/5799c42bfab791309113b3cb

Edit:
2016 Emoji 3D Cartoon Printed Joggers Womens/Mens Cartoon Harem Pants Casual Trousers Novelty Couple Sports Sweatpants. Add it to your wishlist!

http://www.wish.com/c/551ec122844f9c334fcc3692

Len has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Jan 8, 2017

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Aesop Poprock posted:

Has any sort of review internet personality person ever actually made an ok film. I haven't watched any of the AVGN or TGWTG'S stuff but I'm assuming they're unwatchable

The Ashen's film wasn't the greatest but it was pretty OK and set out to do what it wanted to do, which is pretty admirable for any kind of indie film, even one with a reasonable budget. The problem with a lot of those internet reviewer movies (or really a lot of indie passion projects) is that they think that "giving your audience what they want" is literally just setting up a parade of references to things barely strung together by a plot that almost doesn't exist. I think the reason the Ashen's film is actually OK is because they actually went the extra step and got people who knew how to make a movie. When you compare that with the tales from the TGWTG's "sets" it puts a lot of things into perspective. Quest for the Gamechild looks, sounds and functions like an actual film, it has a standard plot structure, editing by real editors, an actual soundtrack, the list goes on. Most internet people movies don't even look good compared to things like Asylum productions or Lifetime movies, and Gamechild at least looks like it could have been made to pad out time on basic cable. All that being said it's still, like, a 5/10 at best. There's something to be said however for niche films with niche audiences. One of my favorite movies has a 64 on Metacritic, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that if you looked at who directed it and what it was about and it wasn't immediately your kind of thing than you probably shouldn't have seen it because it wasn't going to win you over. It was like when a bunch of reviews complained the film of Les Miserables was "too long", if you didn't want to see a two and a half hour long big budget rendition of a stage show, you should have spent your money elsewhere (Les Mis has a lot of other problems but that one seemed like going to see Star Wars and complaining about there being too many laser guns).

Hell even internet people who supposedly went to actual film school make terrible movies. Spacecop was absolute garbage, and not in the good way it was trying to be.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The first episode of Ashen's Tech Dump, which lasts 5 minutes, had more jokes that landed than his movie. That was the problem, it was just so unfunny.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the opening sequence in the Ashens movie is pretty good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like Ashens just because he seems a nice guy and he could've turned into a complete rear end with his channel blowing up. The film was awful, mind.

I watched a video with him and some other guy and woman and whenever the woman tried to say something he basically ignored her and talked over her and I think he really loves the sound of his own voice.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think he really loves the sound of his own voice.

Well, yeah, but so do most of the people who watch his videos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Top of this very page friend

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

It's a bootleg of a bootleg, which means that post is actually doing this thread proud.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In trying to rack my brain as to whether I've seen that photo in the past, seen the abomination in real life, or just seen a very similar ice cream van roaming the streets. All are likely.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EorayMel posted:

It's a bootleg of a bootleg, which means that post is actually doing this thread proud.
YEAH WELL BUDDY

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aesop Poprock posted:

Has any sort of review internet personality person ever actually made an ok film. I haven't watched any of the AVGN or TGWTG'S stuff but I'm assuming they're unwatchable

The AVGN movie was okay. The TGWTG "movies" are loving atrocious.

e: this isn't to say you should go drop money on the AVGN movie unless you really wanna support James Rolfe, but it's totally watchable and I'd say it's probably the best of the lot. If you get a chance to watch it for free that'd probably be the way to go.

WeedlordGoku69 has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Jan 8, 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Snowy posted:

It looks like they have a picture of their wall hanging on the same wall but the Tasmanian devil killed off whatever character was there before

THMIS reboot looking good

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

EL BROMANCE posted:

In trying to rack my brain as to whether I've seen that photo in the past, seen the abomination in real life, or just seen a very similar ice cream van roaming the streets. All are likely.

All ice cream vans are legally required to look like that.

The one near me plays an icecreamified version of Queen's "It's a Hard Life" for some unknowable reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder which property they've ripped off the most. I've definitely seen a bunch of ones with awful Simpsons drawings on them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Disproportionation posted:

All ice cream vans are legally required to look like that.

The one near me plays an icecreamified version of Queen's "It's a Hard Life" for some unknowable reason.

The ones here just play a horrifying dissonant chime that sounds like someone threw a music box down a flight of stairs. It sounds like something out of a horror film.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wonder which property they've ripped off the most. I've definitely seen a bunch of ones with awful Simpsons drawings on them.

I've probably seen mickey mouse and bugs bunny the most myself on ice cream trucks.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Nuebot posted:

The ones here just play a horrifying dissonant chime that sounds like someone threw a music box down a flight of stairs. It sounds like something out of a horror film.

There were two where I used to live. One played Turkey in the Straw, which always made me think of the Animaniacs state capitol song. The other one played something that I'm about 90% sure was the Chocobo song.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TVs Ian posted:

There were two where I used to live. One played Turkey in the Straw, which always made me think of the Animaniacs state capitol song.

Oh I wish it made me think of Animaniacs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB5AMQslyC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMK45nYx4oc

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Autechresaint posted:

Does creepy guy on YouTube modifying toys to add genitalia count as bootleg? He says he sells finished versions. They look terrible, worse than the professional versions.

NWS warning for realistic plastic fake genitals
https://youtu.be/07YmJEreZNM
Holy poo poo.

https://youtu.be/lk6OFTfhMMo?t=5m12s (also :nws:)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

TVs Ian posted:

There were two where I used to live. One played Turkey in the Straw, which always made me think of the Animaniacs state capitol song. The other one played something that I'm about 90% sure was the Chocobo song.

I hear that, or "Do your ears hang low?" often.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nuebot posted:

http://leafcrunch.tumblr.com/post/119490479379/sun-and-time-leafcrunch-my-neighbourhood-has

Lol @ this

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I tried really hard to find a video or something of the ones here but no dice. Hopefully I can grab one if another turns down my street.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Choco1980 posted:

I hear that, or "Do your ears hang low?" often.

Wait isn't "Do your ears hang low" a "Turkey in the Straw" bootleg?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So pokemon rip off games are pretty common. This one popped up in an ad for me last night.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duel.legends.en&hl=en

On the surface it seems more generic "battle-monsters" and the designs are almost literally pokemon crossed with digimon.

But the gameplay video is a little more copyright-infringy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qMG6q8xrIE

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm not comfortable with where that Try Me arrow is pointing in relation to the print on the backing. No, I think I'll just slowly back away from that "Big Fella"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Did you take this picture yourself? I will pay you to buy me one.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

2015 Hot Toys Suit Free Shipping An Suit Electric Gun Toy Gun Set Pistol Submachine Gun Sniper Rifle Gun Boy Gift

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Choco1980 posted:

Did you take this picture yourself? I will pay you to buy me one.

Sadly I did not.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Shin Big Fella

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Oh no!
There goes Tokyo
Go go Big Fella

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I'm puzzled as to why, after ripping off and mashing up everything else wholesale, they changed Shrek's head.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nuevo posted:

I'm puzzled as to why, after ripping off and mashing up everything else wholesale, they changed Shrek's head.

That's actually Fungus the Bogeyman's head. The cast list down the bottom of the poster actually worked on the animated Fungus the Bogeyman TV series so those are probably the only correct details on the entire poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

What the everloving gently caress? it's like a trailer to a really hosed up horror movie for a bit.

Edit: if he wasn't doing that to toys he'd be doing it to stray cats or something, you know it.

King Doom has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Jan 14, 2017