Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

OBJ punching a wall after a playoff loss is literally nothing, except for funny. Punched walls probably happen at least a few times per season. Not saying that it would be acceptable for a normal person to go around punching walls, but this is an incredibly physical game and he wasn't hurting anybody besides himself, or destroying property outside of the stadium.

I don't care about the wall punching so much, it's the other things. Anyway, I'm an Eagles fan so I hope he hits a stud next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
He could probably stand to chill out a bit, for his own good, but yeah I appreciate how much OBJ wants to win.

I would have preferred he show it during the game though. He's gonna get destroyed in the media all offseason.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't care about the wall punching so much, it's the other things. Anyway, I'm an Eagles fan so I hope he hits a stud next time.

Not entirely sure you know what a mental illness is tbh.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

ITT we armchair diagnose athletes acting in extremely high-pressure situations

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I hope he hits a ref next time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
OBJ just needs to buy a pet monkey and relax. Its worked for other elite receivers.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

OBJ will get used to failure, eventually

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
i took a sports psychology class once and when athletes act out like this its because theyre secretly gay

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
True, like every young 20 something he needs to learn that life is just a series of failures until you are stuck in a loveless relationship, a demoralizing job and up to your eyeballs in debt, waking up each day and eyeing the safe in your closet that contains a pistol while you get dressed thinking "maybe today is the day, it would be so easy, so fast."

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If OBJ has only punched one hole in a wall and it was over a NFL playoff loss after he had 23 targets and like 4 catches, then he's already doing way better than my old roommate who punched several holes in a wall over his dumb first ex.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Catch the ball in the end zone, wont need to punch walls.

Also boats.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

True, like every young 20 something he needs to learn that life is just a series of failures until you are stuck in a loveless relationship, a demoralizing job and up to your eyeballs in debt, waking up each day and eyeing the safe in your closet that contains a pistol while you get dressed thinking "maybe today is the day, it would be so easy, so fast."

jesus man

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
OBJ is an immature brat who is extremely competitive and also wears his emotions on his sleeve, he's not loving mentally ill

well i mean more mentally ill than anyone who plays football for a living hahaha CTE FOLKS

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6QzDrT_x8

89 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 9, 2017

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Eagles found their fall guy for shite receiver play.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/818495013306978304

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

El Patron posted:

Oh iggles, it will take more than that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Greg Lewis was a terrible wide receiver himself back in the day, so maybe they're onto something.

Also the only Eagles WR to catch a touchdown in a Super Bowl :negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

i took a sports psychology class once and when athletes act out like this its because theyre secretly gay

:lol:

why I do not own a gun, tbh

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 9, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Doltos posted:

That would explain all the holes in the cheese.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

El Patron posted:

T.O coming back as a WR coach

Nov 6, 2002

Fredex!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He should be getting out of prison any day now I believe

Nov 6, 2002

I will always remember that Rodney Harrison had more catches than Fredex in XXXIX.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

T.O coming back as a WR coach

Unironically would love this.

Nov 6, 2002

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

https://twitter.com/FMitchell84/status/818540662270361602?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Never Howie's fault. Never. Next year we will overpay for DeSean and our WR play will be better. Because coaching. So hey, how bout our DB coach? Is the corner play his fault?

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 10, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Fredex is right.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Member that time Agholor was lined up wrong and ate a penalty that cost us a TD and all he had to do for that not to happen was look to the sideline to see Greg Lewis right there screaming like a madman that he was lined up wrong? I member.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/nelson-agholors-penalty-was-worse-than-we-thought/

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Agholor did it last year too and hosed Ertz on a TD on that one was well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CyberPingu posted:

This is stupid. Stop being stupid.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Anyone diagnosing someone on the internet is not qualified to diagnose someone's mental health. Prove me wrong and you can get them in trouble

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Better not be a revolver because I don't think he could catch anything on only 6 targets.

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the Eagles WRs but I'd be pretty surprised if firing Lewis will accomplish much. You could make an argument for Josh Huff being the 2nd-most talented wideout on the roster* this year. That's hosed up but a lot of that is on Chip Kelly.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 10, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah I was really bummed when Josh Huff imploded

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the Eagles WRs but I'd be pretty surprised if firing Lewis will accomplish much. You could make an argument for Josh Huff being the 2nd-most talented wideout on the roster* this year. That's hosed up but a lot of that is on Chip Kelly.

Dude had 13 catches for 70-something yards, 1 TD, 1 fumble (0 lost) through 7 games. He's got 500 yards receiving since 2014. Not sure that would be an easy argument to make.

Meanwhile all three starting wideouts had a drop rate in the league's top 50 which is poo poo terrible and at least partially on the coaching. No WR coach is gonna survive that.

It's amazing how much this team resembled the early McNabb teams. Starring Trey Burton as L.J. Smith, Nelson Agholor as Todd Pinkston, Dorial Green-Beckham as Freddie Mitchell, and Darren Sproles as Brian Westbrook. Jason Peters as Tra Thomas, Lane Johnson as Jon Runyan, Brandon Brooks as Shawn Andrews, and Doug Pederson as himself.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So that means we're going to the Super Bowl in a few years right??

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Greg Lewis was a questionable hire in the first place. He didn't have much experience.

Vengarr posted:

Greg Lewis was a terrible wide receiver himself back in the day, so maybe they're onto something.

Doug Pederson would be playing with fire with that kind of logic.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Never Howie's fault. Never. Next year we will overpay for DeSean and our WR play will be better. Because coaching. So hey, how bout our DB coach? Is the corner play his fault?

Yeah, blame Howie because Chip Kelly got rid of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin and replaced them with Nelson Agholor and Jordan Matthews. Sorry he wasn't also able to upgrade the entire receiving corps in the same year he brought in a franchise quarterback.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
how would you even accurately judge Agholor before this year anyways? It's only his 2nd year and his QBs last year were a mix of Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez. Besides all of that though, WRs usually take 3 years to develop. It's rare (read: HoFers) for a WR to be an immediate star

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

how would you even accurately judge Agholor before this year anyways?

Not catching balls thrown to your numbers is usually a worrying sign for a position that somewhat relies on you having to consistently catch those.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Lost in the discussion of all the Reuban Randalls and Chris Givenses and Bryce Treggs, is the one player that Howie did release that would have been a clear upgrade over at least 2 of the Eagles starting wide receivers: Riley Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jerry Rice (2017) would have been an upgrade over all of the Eagles WRs

• Locked thread