Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If you need funds ask in discord, but this new due featured is making bank off the vast pubbies masses. (% Will also go down after presidential election.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Sidestep posted:

I joined up with the Dem horde as a crypto-commie in Montana. Apparently there are already a couple of goons wrecking it here, is there a nearby Red state my efforts might be better served in?

you can join me in the south

i'm in NC and it's not bad, more of a challenge if you like that

Aramoro posted:

Whelp Dem party fee up to 50%, no more rallies for me for a while.

1) you shouldn't do rallies to begin with, get in discord and ask for money

2) fees are at 50% for the presidential election so we can take the white house, will be lower after that

3) plus we're having to play catch up in some of the more difficult/important races when the full cost of ads and stuff kicked in, we were seriously strapped for cash then

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

reignonyourparade posted:

Maybe not a full state legislature but some sort of second position for each state so it's not "win governor completely control state" would probably nice. State treasurer perhaps?

dev said he'd like to add state legislature positions, like maybe 2 or 3 that get elected

and the legislature is largely NPC at the beginning, but you can strengthen it and stuff from there, but then gov would be able to veto, lege go for 2/3rds vote, etc.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Maybe not a full state legislature but some sort of second position for each state so it's not "win governor completely control state" would probably nice. State treasurer perhaps?

im thinking of having majority and minority leaders for each state legislature who basically control their lege parties. Players will be able to spend money/power to campaign for the NPC legislature, so basically an indirect election. After an election, say the GOP wins 60% of state lege in a state, then the GOP majority leader of state lege will be able to propose and pass bills... unless theirs a dem gov who vetoes them! It'll add 2 or 3 positions per state, instead of hundreds, and add a level of state politics.

if the game suddenly gets 10,000 players then ill add full state legislatures lol

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Lowered to 20%, all you complainers.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
republicans seem pretty hosed tbh, most players are democrats and after awhile dems will gain such an advantage in money and power that republicans will never win, unless there's a dem split but establishment power fucks over the splitters

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Effectively being a 1 party state should give a huge boost to 3rd parties until one of them also reigns supreme.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Effectively being a 1 party state should give a huge boost to 3rd parties until one of them also reigns supreme.

Why would being a 1 party state boost 3rd parties?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

consumed by normies posted:

im thinking of having majority and minority leaders for each state legislature who basically control their lege parties. Players will be able to spend money/power to campaign for the NPC legislature, so basically an indirect election.

This is a cool idea. You get the basic functionality, but leave the door open for expansion if there's demand.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Karl Sharks posted:

1) you shouldn't do rallies to begin with, get in discord and ask for money

Im on discord but no one replies really, it's just talking poo poo about spreadsheets and the to the reps and neutrals in there.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aramoro posted:

Im on discord but no one replies really, it's just talking poo poo about spreadsheets and the to the reps and neutrals in there.

in the lobby?

get unmasked

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

freckle posted:

in the lobby?

get unmasked

Therin lies the quandary

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I am a New York politician named Meryl Streep who has joined the Liberation Front for Leninist Youth Fighters (Eurocommunist).

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

State party chairman to oversee the primary process. Also Lt Gov as an appointed position that does nothing but raise influence.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9 posted:

republicans seem pretty hosed tbh, most players are democrats and after awhile dems will gain such an advantage in money and power that republicans will never win, unless there's a dem split but establishment power fucks over the splitters

there will be pushback against dominant parties.

For example, there will basically be random events (Stock market crash! Unemployment increases across the nation!) that will deal a large blow to incumbents, shaking things up.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

For example, there will basically be random events (Stock market crash! Unemployment increases across the nation!) that will deal a large blow to incumbents, shaking things up.

will the dominant party be able to pass laws to mitigate/reverse the damage?

like if unemployment rises, can we start a national jobs program?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Can you make these regional- or state-level random events as well, to increase the unpredictability. "Power outage in the northeast delays voting by 6 hours." kind of things.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've been thinking about some of the forces that work against a party staying in complete control. They obviously aren't necessarily in balance, as some places are able to keep things locked down.

One interesting thing to try and model is how accountability is a huge pain in the rear end, and give politicians the ability to dodge it.

Suppose there's a riot at a state prison, that'd normally be a big problem for the Governor and the legislature, but if the prison is run by a private contractor, then at least part of the blame goes to the company, allowing the elected officials to dodge responsibility.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that there are many ways to deal with a crisis. If a state run hospital has problems, you could fix it, or sell the hospital. Either one resolves the issue to some extent.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Looks like another /pol/ recruitment thread just went up, so if you've been thinking about joining the Dems, now's a great time!

Sidestep
May 16, 2012

Are policy speeches the only way to shift positions? I chose kind of poorly starting out, not realizing how important they were. The -10 influence is rough to build up and then burn off to shift a single step.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, give speeches until you're below 10%. You're already in a cheap state, so just keep cycling between 0-10% until you have the positions you want (if you were in a more expensive state I'd recommend moving to WY to cycle positions). Including the 10 TV ads, it'll cost a total of about 30 power and $1-2k per speech. As always, ask the dem discord if you run out of money.

The only other way to switch positions right now is to vote on bills in the senate, but you aren't likely to get there if your positions don't already match your state.

Sidestep
May 16, 2012

Cool, I will continue my slow shuffle to the middle then. Fortunately a couple of party donors set me up with a decent warchest to get started, so it is just waiting for the power ticks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cams posted:

seriously what is this horseshit

"if you have two cows, would you give one to your neighbor?"

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

"if you have two cows, would you give one to your neighbor?"

Eat your neighbor IMO.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Trayvon Martin
Party: Republican
Social Positions: Extremely Right Wing
Economic Positions: Extremely Right Wing

:ughh:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Gimmick: Successful

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

18 Character Limit posted:

How did you get your campaign song to autoplay?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

freckle posted:

How did you get your campaign song to autoplay?

It's a bug, I think. I submitted it earlier for fixing.

Edit: if it's determined not to be one, I'll post the method.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Joined the Democrats in NC, but apparently I'm so blind I can't even find my account link to post.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hahaha what's your name?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Hahaha what's your name?

, i'm guessing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

:sherman:

How should I go about going to the Dem discord and begging for money in a quixotic attempt to get elected in Utah

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

StashAugustine posted:

:sherman:

How should I go about going to the Dem discord and begging for money in a quixotic attempt to get elected in Utah

Link should be found in the in-game party discussion thread, or email me ingame (Dem Chairman) and I'll get it to you.

This goes for anyone not in yet who is interested - Team GOP did another /pol/ recruitment wave, so no time like the present.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

So just pop in and say "give me money pls"?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So did we just PISS away a shitload of power and money down the rumhole?

Election is over and currently showing no one as President.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

freckle posted:

So did we just PISS away a shitload of power and money down the rumhole?

Election is over and currently showing no one as President.

some dumb issue thats been fixed.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
cool politician names 4 u

Cucky Pizzone
James Alefantis
Piss Golem (taken)

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's a bug, I think. I submitted it earlier for fixing.

Edit: if it's determined not to be one, I'll post the method.

his song autoplays too so spill the beans.

E: NM explained in discord.

freckle has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Jan 11, 2017

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

quick troll /pol/ with us

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/106728622

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

In as Patrick Swayze in Nevada. My new goal is to oust Republican Senator Marvin Shkreli and implement mandatory dirty dancing lessons statewide.

• Locked thread