Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

RoboRodent posted:

Man, Hitler sure was great!!
He had his faults, to be sure, but he did kill Hitler.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

John Big Booty posted:

He had his faults, to be sure, but he did kill Hitler.

:aaaaa:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
But he also killed the man who killed Hitler.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
He also undermined the (nonexistent) legitimacy of nazism for decades.

Too bad the effect seems to have worn off.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've noticed the trains seem to be running more on schedule this winter than usual.

Uh-oh

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

The sad thing with Eastwood is just how much his filmmaking dropped in quality during his talking to the chair moments. Gran Torino was legitimately brilliant, then we've had the dreadful American Sniper and the 'only Ron Howard should have made this' bore that was Sully which was based around a narrative that existed only in Clint's head.

I think it's time to put him in a home.

I saw Changeling, a film he directed about a historical incident in the '20s where an LA woman's son is kidnapped, and the police so half-rear end the job looking for him, they bring home a random kid from Illinois who wanted to go to Hollywood. Then when the woman said "hey, this isn't my kid!", the cops put her in an insane asylum, more or less for back-talk. And it turned out her kid and a bunch of others were murdered by a serial killer. It was a surprisingly sober and sympathetic work from Eastwood, much more in line with Gran Torino (which was excellent, agreed) than what I'd expect given how he was ranting against Obama.

I was just disappointed because the title lied to me and it didn't turn out to be about the Fae kidnapping this woman's child and replacing it with a doll made from rags and a coyote's head that slowly drives her insane.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
most of Eastwood's movies are about the establishment being inept or corrupt because he is an embarrassing libertarian

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yawgmoth posted:

Not that we needed yet more proof that republicans are embarrassingly easy to con into voting against their own interests/lives, but god drat.

Republican bad democrat good :) Poor people are morally inferior :) Hillary '16 baby! :D

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

canpakes posted:

Republican bad democrat good :) Poor people are morally inferior :) Hillary '16 baby! :D

This but unironically except for the part about the poors.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Krabboss posted:

most of Eastwood's movies are about the establishment being inept or corrupt because he is an embarrassing libertarian

Where does Firefox fit in this?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

canpakes posted:

Baby got butthurt

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I liked Sully. It can't be easy making an exciting movie out of an event that took all of 200 seconds.

Kind of like making a 3 movie trilogy out of the Hobbit.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

canpakes posted:

Sssssh, you're not supposed to point out they're poor, call them hillbillies or white trash or something like that!

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

canpakes posted:

Yeah!! When Democrats build the largest surveillance state in world history, it's protecting America. That is, until those mean old Republicans get their hands on it. WELP!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Krispy Kareem posted:

I liked Sully. It can't be easy making an exciting movie out of an event that took all of 200 seconds.

Kind of like making a 3 movie trilogy out of the Hobbit.

It wasn't a movie that needed to be made, but Hollywood eh.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What movies need to be made?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I'll tell you. More marvel and Star Wars movies.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

I'll tell you. More marvel and Star Wars movies.

More like oldfranchiseless.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

oldpainless posted:

What movies need to be made?

Another Resident Evil, apparently.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Poetry.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I don't know, sounds to me like they're already married.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Someone was ready to take a screenshot pretty much the second that guy posted? Not buying that one.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Someone was ready to take a screenshot pretty much the second that guy posted? Not buying that one.

Maybe he did it himself to show off to his skyrim buddies?

I want to believe

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh so this is unpopular now to Imgur?

:nallears:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ularg posted:

Oh so this is unpopular now to Imgur?

:nallears:

Well if they liked traditional gender roles, would they be spending most of their time on a website complaining about woman and the black guys they're having sex with instead of them?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pesticide20 posted:

Where does Firefox fit in this?

In a dumpster.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
But nobody will share this

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Oh I see. This all gets odd for me because I'm Swedish and the age of consent here is 15 with even 14 accepted in rare cases. So whenever I see Americans losing their mind over some 17 year old girl I usually jot it down to their puritan heritage.

But it's Nintendos game. They can do what they like. Seems silly for people to complain about a few missing lines. Doubly so if they consider a half naked 17 year old a vital part of the game.

you are a pedophile

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

same, but for that missing waitress

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love traditional gender rolls.

And if you know the age of consent you're weird. Just a big creep.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

And if you know the age of consent you're weird. Just a big creep.

It should be a honeypot question.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ahh yes, the great "I'm technically not committing statutory rape" scene in a big-budget action movie. Truly a cinematic masterpiece.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Ahh yes, the great "I'm technically not committing statutory rape" scene in a big-budget action movie. Truly a cinematic masterpiece.

When 80 minute animated toy commercial is legit better than your 4 attempts to make a live action big budget film of the same material , you've got some problems.

It just shouldn't be that hard to make a big dumb movie about giant robots smashing stuff up real good.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It was also great how they put the underage girl in super short shorts and kept the camera on her rear end nice and long...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Shai-Hulud posted:

It was also great how they put the underage girl in super short shorts and kept the camera on her rear end nice and long...

It's okay, she was 18 or 19 during filming so all the gratuitous sexualization of an underage high schooler was really legal!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

you are a pedophile
Yanks getting huffy over young people loving never gets old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.22.htm

quote:

(e) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(2):

(1) that the actor was the spouse of the child at the time of the offense; or

(2) that:

(A) the actor was not more than three years older than the victim and at the time of the offense:

(i) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or

(ii) was not a person who under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, had a reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this section; and

(B) the victim:

(i) was a child of 14 years of age or older; and

(ii) was not a person whom the actor was prohibited from marrying or purporting to marry or with whom the actor was prohibited from living under the appearance of being married under Section 25.01.