Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

no what

this is not okay

i wanted that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A Binbougami ga! yuri doujin??!?!

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/untitled_19#1

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wrong pairing though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Remembering the ending and tearing up...!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Zennistrad/status/818560654504325121

TFW they drop Platinum Games so they can put more resources into Halo Wars 2

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

that isn't really what's happening

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Parallax posted:

that isn't really what's happening

I know. The juxtaposition is still funny though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
that's not even really a matter of juxtaposition, it's a distraction. they're deflecting questions about why scalebound is being dropped with "look at these other games we're still making"

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Xinder posted:

that's not even really a matter of juxtaposition, it's a distraction. they're deflecting questions about why scalebound is being dropped with "look at these other games we're still making"

what are they supposed to say

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Parallax posted:

i dunno but saying "look at these other games" isn't it. maybe just leave it at "we aren't willing to share the terms of our business contracts."

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Lol

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Xinder posted:

i dunno but saying "look at these other games" isn't it. maybe just leave it at "we aren't willing to share the terms of our business contracts."

the point of them saying that is so people or investors don't get freaked out about them not having any games coming out

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Parallax posted:

I honestly wouldn't bring up other games in the same statement at all. You and I know that this probably isn't a matter of resources being shifted away from Scalebound to Game X, but Average Fan usually doesn't, and a statement like that seems to just beg for the misunderstanding to be made.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there is nothing wrong with them mentioning other projects they have in development and microsoft cancelled the game because they felt it was best for their business, which is how a business is supposed to operate.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Parallax posted:

the point of them saying that is so people or investors don't get freaked out about them not having any games coming out

except there was nothing suggesting that? scalebound wasn't tied to anything else nor even made by the same developer as the other mentioned games. those other games had no relevance to the announcement. they didn't need to be brought up.

like who the gently caress are they targeting at that freaks out because scalebound is canceled that means microsoft is going to cancel all the games they're producing?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

microsoft routinely stripmines or otherwise fucks over their devs, that's just how an incompetent business goliath is supposed to operate

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's just PR, man

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Motto posted:

It's just PR, man

yeah and it happens all the time. still stupid the way they do it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

there is nothing wrong with them mentioning other projects they have in development and microsoft cancelled the game because they felt it was best for their business, which is how a business is supposed to operate.

how dare businesses run things in their best interests! :arghfist:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

unironically agreed

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

unironically agreed

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xinder posted:

except there was nothing suggesting that? scalebound wasn't tied to anything else nor even made by the same developer as the other mentioned games. those other games had no relevance to the announcement. they didn't need to be brought up.

like who the gently caress are they targeting at that freaks out because scalebound is canceled that means microsoft is going to cancel all the games they're producing?

Nobody thinks they are going to cancel everything else but it's still a good PR move to include news like that. Microsoft put resources (in this case money) into a game that is now not going to give any return at all, so saying that other games they put time and/or money into are still on track is a pretty standard move.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

this drug dealer in the front page article sounds like bees.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think it's okay to find generic corporate speak and evasiveness annoying regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Not something to get really angry about though.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

ill get angry at what the gently caress i want

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Sorry Corals posted:

im angry at this post

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Red Minjo posted:

Whenever I see Hina I just hear "Yuna-nee" in my head, it's all I can think.

Motto posted:

Yuna-nee

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Parallax posted:

im angry at this post

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mm

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think it's okay to find generic corporate speak and evasiveness annoying regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

This, but

Sorry Corals posted:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I can't tell what she's holding.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Made some gundam, try guessing there name and series. The Green one I made last year.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waVSu4adDM

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Made some gundam, try guessing there name and series. The Green one I made last year.

00 gundam with raiser from gundam 00, lightning gundam from gundam build fighters try, gundam barbatos and graze both from gundam iron-blooded orphans.

What do I win?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Cuntellectual posted:

Well, I've recovered all my accounts now. :toot:

That was a harrowing few days.
:)

Truga posted:

I told my lovely annoying religious relatives that kept pestering me about marriage I'm gay. They finally stopped for some reason.

they voted against gay marriage again, gently caress em
:(

Everything Burrito posted:

turn it around on them and ask when they're going to die since that's the only major life changing event they have left
Ice cold, burrito.

Terper posted:

Re: Binbougami ga:
Remembering the ending and tearing up...!!

In other news, looks like I'll have a poo poo ton of more reading to do, on top of having to grade stuff (which I didn't have to do last semester).
Yay, not a lot of time for anime :confuoot:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Droyer posted:

I can't tell what she's holding.

probably a really sketchy rod of remorse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

• Locked thread