Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I really want to see SAS/HOU in the playoffs. The SSOL suns versus those spurs teams were some of the best basketball of the decade. I would love to see the Pop scheming against it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I might love Noel more than anyone in this thread, but given the right combination of picks I would trade him for McCollum.

I wouldn't trade the 2017 pick unprotected, but maybe with a top 5 protection/top 8 protection in 2018? I'm not sure Portland goes for that but that's what I would initially offer

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Has Bill Simmons discussed how Ewing Theory applies to Dwight + the Rockets? Is the impact even worse when you're giving a ridiculous amount of possessions to someone who can't post up for poo poo?

e:

Pablo Prigioni has retired, bye sports dad

Capela is doing well and will be re evaluated at the end of the week

chunkles fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 9, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

aBagorn posted:

I might love Noel more than anyone in this thread, but given the right combination of picks I would trade him for McCollum.

I wouldn't trade the 2017 pick unprotected, but maybe with a top 5 protection/top 8 protection in 2018? I'm not sure Portland goes for that but that's what I would initially offer

This is why you keep Noel:

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/818559821121257472

https://twitter.com/JHolasHoops/status/818558602273177600

The trio of Embiid, Noel, and Covington is insanely good on defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

aBagorn posted:

Philly should be hesitant on trading picks with long protection. It prevents you from being able/knowing what you can move down the line. Philly has a stocked cupboard, I'd value that future flexibility and not sure I'd tie up essentially 3 years of being able to move picks for McCollum.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

How the gently caress does Brooklyn have 8 wins? Is there anyone who watches them who can explain this to me?

They try really really hard.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those Sixers defense number match the eye test too. Embiid just swallows people up. Guards, wings it doesn't matter

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lockback posted:

Philly should be hesitant on trading picks with long protection. It prevents you from being able/knowing what you can move down the line. Philly has a stocked cupboard, I'd value that future flexibility and not sure I'd tie up essentially 3 years of being able to move picks for McCollum.

I didn't think of this.

All things being considered, yeah I'd keep Noel and re-sign him. But I'm just saying that there is a scenario in which I would be up for trading him

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Wait is Robert Covington actually an NBA caliber player?

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

When does the next episode of BALL, the official podcast of this thread, drop?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

On defense, yes. Helping to get the ball in the hoop, no.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sharparoni posted:

We're trying to get it together!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

He's legit one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

What happened to his 3p%? He wasn't godawful before

I'm also happy to see that BRef is still pushing nicknames they just make up: "Lord Covington"

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

LOL owned. I read he is trying to get to GS. (And there might be mutual interest. Why?) Don't let him do it ATL.

gently caress

THAT

!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dunleavy's agent has been trying to get him to a title team for ten years, no one's ever bit.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

He's an excellent defender but his mediocre shooting has been even worse so far this year and he shoots a lot. He shot like 35% from 3 before this year so if he could get back to there he'd be a solid rotation player

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Lockback posted:

If they want Korver and his 7 billion 3 pointers they need to match contracts and no one is touching that awful shumpert contract.

They don't absolutely need Dunleavy in the deal to match contracts as the Cavs have a big trade exception from the Varejao deal. But if Dunleavy goes then they still keep that exception for another potential deal before the deadline.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/818578206387306497

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/818578935994871809

also re: dunleavy

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/818556956138995717

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Thunder had signed and traded Durant for the third best ISO player this season, Harrison Barnes, where would they be in the standings?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lmao that's awesome. I loving hate Dunleavy.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

This season, his .594 eFG is the 11th-best mark among players with more than 200 attempts. Of the players ahead of _______ , only one of them isn’t a big man. He’s also third in the NBA in 3-point percentage among players with 200 or more attempts from behind the arc.

Zoom out, and the numbers are even more impressive. Among guards and forwards, _______’s eFG percentage is the 40th-best mark ever. (Before his recent abysmal three-game stretch, he was 10th). Currently, he’s one of only four players all time to have an eFG above .590 while attempting six or more 3s a game. _______ trails only 2015–16 Steph Curry and 2004–05 Damon Jones.

Guess the player!

Nick Young

https://theringer.com/los-angeles-lakers-nick-young-shooting-64cd991c4bdf#.u7d8h1ilo

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 9, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

there goes my dream of a reliable power forward

Jack's Flow posted:

Guess the player!

my main man Kyle Lowry ?

edit: I googled after to check and I love being wrong here. What a delightful surprise

BWV fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 9, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

i was not expecting this answer my guess would have been eric gordon

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

i was not expecting this answer my guess would have been eric gordon

Yeah Gordon was my first thought too.

e: side note, Eric Gordon's PER seems shockingly low considering his shooting numbers

Papercut fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 9, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jota posted:

He's an excellent defender but his mediocre shooting has been even worse so far this year and he shoots a lot. He shot like 35% from 3 before this year so if he could get back to there he'd be a solid rotation player

Does he still run around on tiny little twigs

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

chunkles posted:

What happened to his 3p%? He wasn't godawful before

I'm also happy to see that BRef is still pushing nicknames they just make up: "Lord Covington"

He had a really bad cold streak to start the season and then got hurt right as he was breaking out of it. Throughout his career he's been a 35%-40% shooter from three.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

Does he still run around on tiny little twigs

That picture was bad, but when he's on the court it doesn't seem so awful.

Brandon Ingram's on the other hand looks like they would snap off at any second

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I was kind of suprised Quincy Acy wasnt playing somewhere this year, dude always throws down some sick dunks...less suprised Bennett was cut again

On anoither note I love watching the Top 10 plays of the day on youtube but that commentator that does it and rolls his R's annoys the absoloute poo poo out of me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BoonyPC posted:

I was kind of suprised Quincy Acy wasnt playing somewhere this year, dude always throws down some sick dunks...less suprised Bennett was cut again

On anoither note I love watching the Top 10 plays of the day on youtube but that commentator that does it and rolls his R's annoys the absoloute poo poo out of me.

Act was on the Mavs then all their guards were injured and he had to be cut. They recently cut Pierre Jackson so I wouldn't be shocked to see him back on the team sooner than later.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sharparoni posted:

wwe have a podcast???

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Death is certain

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao what the gently caress are the Hawks even doing. They're planning on contending after they strengthened a team thats swept them 2 years in a row?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

BoonyPC posted:

Haha half the comments are always complaining about that guy when he does the videos. He cant even get names right sometimes. Literally everyone else is better than him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Away all Goats posted:

lmao what the gently caress are the Hawks even doing. They're planning on contending after they strengthened a team thats swept them 2 years in a row?

10 bucks say the initial offers for Milsap were so awful that it's better to have a decent regular season than trade him away currently.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Hawks top goal should be to not finish as the 4-5-8 seed

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Got to the Bulls game early and picked up a gift for RD Mangles

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

throw it into the scorers' table and yell THIS IS FOR KIRK

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I like to think this season is Rondo's revenge on Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jimmy's got the flu and russ is in town.

my only hope is that tonight we see a repeat of one of my all-time favorite moments which is when McDermott somehow got switched onto Russ when he was in rampage mode while Durant was hurt and Doug had the Psycho T Ron Artest Terror expression.

• Locked thread