Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
had a two hour chest, shoulders and triceps workout today, after work

i am literally LITERALLY dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

My friends don't like lifting and see the gym as a waste of time. :(
Just gotta tell people to stop swole shaming you. Especially funny if you say it to the hugbox people you know and they apologize and ask what swole means.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 9, 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

My friends don't like lifting and see the gym as a waste of time. :(

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 9, 2017

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tiny Lowtax posted:

When you have no friends you have to brag in the internet about how much you lift as if anyone gives a gently caress at all
it isn't E_P's fault that he's surrounded by 50 million people who are culturally conditions never to talk to him

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

it isn't E_P's fault that he's surrounded by 50 million people who are culturally conditions never to talk to him

doesnt he live in japan? id always imagined if u were super swole over there ud be like some sort of mythical exotic beast and everyone would love and fear you

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Being different is generally not a good thing in japan. Also I thought it was korea.

But again, much the same.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Being different is generally not a good thing in japan. Also I thought it was korea.

But again, much the same.

smh my dream of being a white muscle god in japan is ruined!!!!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tolkien minority posted:

doesnt he live in japan? id always imagined if u were super swole over there ud be like some sort of mythical exotic beast and everyone would love and fear you
they already have ladybaby, so seat is taken

also both counties operate on a shame-based culture of disapproving state anyhow

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

It's Korea and people are kind enough but I need to keep my English in practice.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

When you have no friends you have to brag in the internet about how much you lift as if anyone gives a gently caress at all
Sorry for riling you up with my posting, if you follow this link and add e_p you can put me on ignore so you no longer have to read my posts. Sorry.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
uhhhh no, we should all put tiny lowtax on ignore since this thread's chain of command is based on descending order of max bench

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

E_P posted:

Sorry for riling you up with my posting, if you follow this link and add e_p you can put me on ignore so you no longer have to read my posts. Sorry.

tiny lowtax is just a very angry man dont take it personally when he lashes out

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I always feel like such a worthless turd after a big leg day. Can't move, can't think.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

do your guys grocery stores have those little pre cut stir fry meat packets?

because holy hell are those things clutch.

yeah my sodium is through the roof but who gives a poo poo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Tolkien minority posted:

tiny lowtax is just a very angry man dont take it personally when he lashes out

Same

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Nice popeye.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

what wrong with that guys arm

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Tolkien minority posted:

what wrong with that guys arm

It's enfield

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

who's doin leg day today raise your foot

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

deadlifts right before bed. no way this could backfire.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Argh, gym so full of resolutionistas!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I've started up running and I'm actually liking it. Please send a hitman to relieve me of my sins.

I did 10k last saturday after doing chest and arms for 2h. It is sad that I get a better endorphin rush from cardio than being in the gym. :(

^^^^Don't hate, because of them I feel bigger than usually.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The gym was packed yesterday and there was a guy with his girlfriend doing tricep extensions on the one single benchpress station in the gym. So I walk up and ask If I can use the bench press inbetween their stuff. The guy seems really reluctant but agrees

And just like that, like four other dudes approach at the same time after having seen me ask for the bench and ask if they can also work in lol. Of course they could NOT, 3 people using a station is enough

u snooze u loze

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

The gym was packed yesterday and there was a guy with his girlfriend doing tricep extensions on the one single benchpress station in the gym. So I walk up and ask If I can use the bench press inbetween their stuff. The guy seems really reluctant but agrees

And just like that, like four other dudes approach at the same time after having seen me ask for the bench and ask if they can also work in lol. Of course they could NOT, 3 people using a station is enough

u snooze u loze

I love seeing people wanting to use a machine/station that is being used but don't have the guts to ask to work in or how long they are taking.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm digging my new PHUL thingy, although there was a little speed bump last week with some weather/work stuff. I was worried doing my strength oriented 3x5 BP and OHP in the same workout, and right after each other, would bite me in the rear end. It was tough as poo poo at first, but I worked up to to the same weights I was at before this program(when I did them separate days) and it was pretty easy, considering. Even added in 2 sets of incline BP after them as well for a tad more volume.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Remember 8 weeks no lifting when your rotator cuffs start hurting.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Mine have always felt pretty good. The only bit of shoulder discomfort I ever get is sometimes when I neglect my mobility, my anterior delt will be tight and bother me when I bench heavy. Hasn't happened in a while though. I can do that little test where you put your hand on the opposite shoulder and flare your elbow up without any pain at all. Of course, I'm still very wary of injuries for obvious reasons but so far so good lately. I'm curious, what does rotator cuff pain feel like? I just always read it's a pinching feeling inside your shoulders.

e: I have a fairly good understanding of how impingement works, I've just never felt that sort of pain and I like to be on the lookout.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It feels like a good burn during the session so you do a few more sets since you're in the zone today and then RIP hello darkness

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's a bit like the wicked bicep pump you feel 2 reps before one tears.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Squat PR goes up easy so you chuckle and mumble "lightweight" under your breath and then drop a 10 plate on your foot and fracture your toe.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
waiting for the day im too slow to move my feet away from a change plate i drop

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i know i'm noted as the most injury prone person in this thread but I've literally never had any of that happen.

e: in fact the only real thing was my knee acting like a bitch for a long time, which is understandable when you are using it a millions hours a week at work. I demand my most injury prone person title be rescinded

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
hey, what grip width do you guys like to use for incline bench? for regular bench, my ring finger on the rings is best for me, and on ohp, I have the edge of my hands about 1.5 inches from the knurling(basically just outside shoulder width a little) but I'm not sure for incline. I've been doing it starting with my pinky on the rings and scooting each hand about another inch further inward which seems a good compromise. I'm sure this is a "what feels best" scenario but I'm just curious. I'm not sure what angle the bench is, most likely 45 because it seems to be right in the middle of vert/horizontal

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
irl I've only done my shoulder in snatching, popped something in my neck on a hack squat machine (can't sleep on pillows or it locks up), and hurt my knee box squatting. Plus persistent tennis elbows and the occasional cut, scrape and splinter on rusty equipment.

My brother fractured his toe with a wayward 10kg and a gym buddy of mine (don't know his name after 6 years we're that close) tore a pec on a bench day.

And a bloke called Phil had a heart attack and died deadlifting just before I arrived one evening (so the platform was free).

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

and hurt my knee box squatting

kind of funny how people always say box squats and sitting back real far is easier on your knees. I guess in terms of pure force it probably is, but I've found out my knees generally like it better when they are tracking a bit more forward, perhaps just a hair ahead of toes. glad i swapped to high bar. what sort of knee pain was it?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It was a high box and I was playing with weights way over my max because I was young and had only been lifting a year and life seemed full of promise. It's not box squatting's fault, I was doing things wrong.

Couldn't support weight on that leg properly for the best part of a month.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm at work (but lifting in our gym room awww yeahhhh)

Also it's deadlift day aww yeahhhh

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm at work but no gym. Although I do think I've figured out this patient's problem: knee pain due to being 5'2"and 340 pounds.

Stop eating, you fat gently caress.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

A human sphere. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Health at any shape