Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Freezing rear end garage gym and deadlifts. Salami after, possibly during.

Is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

You just need a really old scary looking space heater so that it's like 130 degrees right next to the heater and like 47 degrees everywhere else in the garage

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Wish I had a barbell in my garage. Foot of snow outside and more coming. Looks like no deadlifts tonight.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Still no snow out here in SK. Shoulders today, 225x10x3 seated press, seated lat raise, cable crossover, seated db 90x10x3, upright cable row, bb shrugs front the backwards.

Absolutely dead in the gym but it is Sunday. There was one old guy who looked like he was on THT and I wanted to ask him where his clinic was.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'm at the gym

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm at the gym

How's the shoulder? :)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

It's actually getting better! Every now and again I'll feel a little stabbing pain, but I'm able to do a lot of exercises without any pain. I'm still not benching heavy because that was a direct cause of a lot of the pain, however I was able to do 100 push-ups without any pain, so thats a start.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I've doubled up on space heaters for a 2500W capacity. Gonna give it another go around 1 when outside temp peaks.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If they are gas or propane make sure you keep all windows and doors closed for maximum performance

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
All I have at my gym are dumbells and machines, what are the best dumb Bell exercises possible for maximum hash brown intake offset possible. I love hashbrowns but also love not being a fat piece of poo poo.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Voltage posted:

All I have at my gym are dumbells and machines, what are the best dumb Bell exercises possible for maximum hash brown intake offset possible. I love hashbrowns but also love not being a fat piece of poo poo.

thats uh, not how it works

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Voltage posted:

Hammer curls kinda match the movement of shoveling food into your face

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Listen, im not fuckin around here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
gym

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Voltage posted:

Listen, im not fuckin around here

im the fat guy trying to not be fat by having a single slice of bacon along with a giant plateful of fried potatoes

to be clear i am not mocking you for wanting to workout, which is cool and good, but if you want to not be fat you gotta start with the diet bruh no amount of any dumbbell stuff will make a difference

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
that looks delicious ... im eating burritos and tacos from moes atm

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tolkien minority posted:

im the fat guy trying to not be fat by having a single slice of bacon along with a giant plateful of fried potatoes

to be clear i am not mocking you for wanting to workout, which is cool and good, but if you want to not be fat you gotta start with the diet bruh no amount of any dumbbell stuff will make a difference

He could carry the dumbbells for 30 miles every day.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Dum Cumpster posted:

He could carry the dumbbells for 30 miles every day.

uphill so he can afford to eat more fried potatoes

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm at the gym

same

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I was at the gym.

The undergrads came back... it's like a delayed resolutioner rush. No one doing dumb poo poo yet though.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

No complaints here either. More college ladies in yoga pants is a good thing

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
the gym was pretty empty because Sunday and it was 15F outside so i wore two layers to lift inside ffff

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My bulk has gone poorly.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I was at the gym.

The undergrads came back... it's like a delayed resolutioner rush. No one doing dumb poo poo yet though.

Ugh, my gym is full of undergrads chatting on the equipment.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

E_P posted:

There was a girl very impatiently waiting on the rack while I was squating, it looked like she really wanted to ask me how much longer I had left but she didnt want to risk trying to speak English so she just kind of did some empty barbell squats next to me passive aggressively to signal intent. She seemed very relieved when I finished like she she just outsmarted all her high school English teachers by moving the foreigner without having to open her mouth. Small wins I suppose.
yeah, this is exactly how i imagine the korean gym experience

also some narc just pulled the lunk alarm on my 1am workouts

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Peeps should have possibly considered they moved into apartments over a gym

At the gym pooping right now.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Finally didn't snooze and made it to the gym at 530 after years of trying and instead going after work or at night. Feel awesome and ridiculously clear headed. Hope I don't hit a wall in like an hour at work. Gonna try to keep it up though. My gym is so crowded in the evenings and nights, until I can get a home gym I'm gonna try to keep doing this. God bless!!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Do I just drink coffee literally day instead of twice a day

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Eat burritos and poo poo all day, supplement with coffee.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I literally get a burrito Monday through Friday. Anna's Tacqueria in Boston baby

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Carry on, then.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I believe you mean "tacorrhea."

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Lmao. Gonna pretend I made that up

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Chest day today 315x6 on the decline then 275x10x2. Cable fly, db bench, incline smith, cable tricep pushdown, tricep dips. I am trying to do more sets these days IE 4 or 5. I have been in a real habit of doing 3 sets and then bouncing off but I figure an extra set would do me well.

The trainer who told me he is going to start a cycle was talking to me about how people are already canceling workouts with him in week two of the new year. Stay motivated new lifters if you are lurking. After 8 weeks it becomes habitual.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Finally didn't snooze and made it to the gym at 530 after years of trying and instead going after work or at night. Feel awesome and ridiculously clear headed. Hope I don't hit a wall in like an hour at work. Gonna try to keep it up though. My gym is so crowded in the evenings and nights, until I can get a home gym I'm gonna try to keep doing this. God bless!!

I've been trying to hit the gym at 5:30 lately, hard as gently caress to get myself up, but when I do I feel so much better all drat day if I pound out a hard workout in the morning. Plus my gym is completely empty then, as in I can just scream the whole time if I feel so inclined.

I then even have time to make myself a nice breakfast before I even have to leave for work.

dont_h8_eviscerate
Jan 9, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
y even bother working out when u can just loaf and recreate the holocaust

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

E_P posted:

Chest day today 31blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

When you have no friends you have to brag in the internet about how much you lift as if anyone gives a gently caress at all

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Voltage posted:

I've been trying to hit the gym at 5:30 lately, hard as gently caress to get myself up, but when I do I feel so much better all drat day if I pound out a hard workout in the morning. Plus my gym is completely empty then, as in I can just scream the whole time if I feel so inclined.

I then even have time to make myself a nice breakfast before I even have to leave for work.

I'm a little tired now but yeah overall I feel a lot better. Tossed a flex at my boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

When you have no friends you have to brag in the internet about how much you lift as if anyone gives a gently caress at all

My friends don't like lifting and see the gym as a waste of time. :(