Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm purebred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

I just found out this weekend that my niece is pregnant. She's 17. My sister is going to be a grandmother at 33.

lol if you didn't grow up as white trash in a trailer

Looks like your niece made it longer than your sister then so... progress?

My cousin had her first kid at 16, also nearly went to jail for injecting the hit that OD'd and killed the father

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

Looks like your niece made it longer than your sister then so... progress?

:hfive:

Like ten more generations and they will be appropriately aged

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As a 1/16th Blackfoot I can tell you the best thing about being a minority if nailing white chicks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

:hfive:

Like ten more generations and they will be appropriately aged

Teach them that working IT and doing deadlifts will keep those hormones in check

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm Canadian

:silent:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Half chinese, half french-canadian stock that slowly migrated south to Rhode Island over a couple hundred years.

So yeah, I'm a banana. It's my people's word, we can use it.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Ehud posted:

I just found out this weekend that my niece is pregnant. She's 17. My sister is going to be a grandmother at 33.

lol if you didn't grow up as white trash in a trailer

I had my first kid at just barely 18, my second at 19...they're now 19/20 and so far thank jeebus i'm not a grandpa yet.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
i love too sire children

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The pedigree of my children is gonna be off the hook!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
From birth i will teach my children how to tie knots, Judo, and the Mozambique technique

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Let's just hope none of them look like Philbin!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/818932381512060928

What?!

https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Durkin/status/818931383993122816

Okay

https://twitter.com/JohnMiddlekauff/status/818930834220560384

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Amy Pole Her posted:

Let's just hope none of them look like Philbin!

I don't get it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Half chinese, half french-canadian stock that slowly migrated south to Rhode Island over a couple hundred years.

Me too! :v:

OK, only the Rhode Island part.

As an aside, AncestryDNA is fun because you can learn that whole swathes of your supposed ethnic background were totally made up!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/818935425674973184

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

As an aside, AncestryDNA is fun because you can learn that whole swathes of your supposed ethnic background were totally made up!

I signed up for Ancestry and found a lot of interesting things. I found the divorce filing for my great grandfather that I was named after and the reason for divorce was "gross neglect and extreme cruelty"

:hellyeah: pieces of poo poo all the way down the tree

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

swickles posted:

So on to the Chiefs. There is this I guess.

Friends,
I'm sorry to say but I cannot and will not be watching any more football this season (although I haven't been doing much since the Hill debacle) and I do not think I will be watching any more for a very long time. You see, I've been forcing myself to follow my old sport even after the Chiefs abandoned me. It's mostly due to loyalty and tradition; I like watching the sport after all. I even chose to follow the Jaguars for a season to keep my flagging football interests alive. No affront to them (I still believe a 10-6 season is on the horizon after Gus Bradley was fired! Bortles will be top ten for sure!) but my heart wasn't in it. Even when I do arrive here on this forum and watch football while posting, I cannot keep my righteous anger over the drafting of Tyreek Hill at bay. This may surprise you but your friend Parm has a little bit of a temper sometimes I should have quit the sport the moment Hill was drafted but I held on naively, like a drat fool, hoping the best would happen and that Justice would prevail. All of you who called me out on this were correct. Thank you for your honesty. I will definitely appreciate it.

Truly, the NFL has made it clear that it is no longer for me. Every year that goes by, another team falls off the list of respectable teams and another abuser gets signed for mega-bucks. It's hard to keep cheering for such a sport as I get older and older. I always assumed my team would be clear and they would learn the lesson of Jovan Belcher but John Dorsey and Andy Reid forgot that. So did the fans. I'll never forgive people for cheering his name in Arrowhead. I can't abide by it. If I don't make a stand, I'll be justifying anything while football just becomes fouler and fouler. It's enough to have ten evil teams but now there's going to be at least fifteen here before too long. What happens if there's twenty? I'm not standing by to find out. So, this is it: I am officially finishing my posting career in TFF and my football fandom altogether. We've had some good times, my dear friends, but I need to leave for the well-being of my own psyche.

Before I go, however, I have some more to say. As the most controversial poster in this forum, I must resolve some hanging issues:
1. My posting was never a gimmick. I have never posted with a gimmick and I never will. I post sincerely and without irony about issues I care quite a bit about and I always have. I might be wrong about some things (and Lord knows I have been) but I always post from the heart. I admit that I have "trolled" some people before so as to create some laughs but I have never ascribed to a gimmick style. In fact, I consider all the desperate posters chasing after me to accuse me of gimmicking to be gimmick posting themselves. Truly disappointing.
2. My evil team's list is real and fair and I respect and admire anyone else who creates their own. It will be different than mine and as long as you can justify it, then it's just as valid. I would ask my friends to always consider a list of teams and players they personally despise on an ethical level as that's the simplest and most basic form of sports fandom.
3. There are certain arguments with regards to my old team that I refused to engage in. One is the fallacy that every team probably has a bad player on it so just stop caring. I would hate to be so cynical. The second involves the biggest Chiefs tragedy of all time: Jovan Belcher. Some dastardly posters tried to troll me using that awful event and I hope they are ashamed of themselves for doing so. I avoided this argument because it was, uh, bad and not much fun to talk about, you know? The answer was always pretty simple and obvious but certain posters engaged in bad faith arguments with attempts to "get" me so I'll handle it now and forever. Scott Pioli handled the Jovan Belcher situation as best he could by giving a moment of silence to the victims of domestic violence and setting up a fund for Belcher's orphan. This is clear and obvious.
4. Alex Smith is still bottom five in the league and that's always been true and I've always been right about it.

If you would like to keep in touch with me, please know that I will be on SA still. I'm thinking about seriously getting into the NBA (a much more Just sport) so you might even see me in those threads. My Twitter handle is @lakdifflanchzed (it's an old account named after my first D&D character so lay off ). I'll not be giving off my facebook or my tumblr at this time. In the meantime, I intend to find another thing to channel my hobby energy into.

Perhaps a day may come when I begin posting again. A lot of things have to change but I don't think football will be around in any real good state for much longer. It's going to be like NASCAR pretty soon. Goodell will see to that. If I am to return, the following things must happen:
1. Goodell is fired and a new GM willing to punish players and teams for actual misdeeds and not hosed up socks or whatever. Maybe someone who's not a lovely owner shill?
2. Andy Reid, John Dorsey, Tyreek Hill and Alex Smith are no longer in the league in any serious way.
3. Ben Roethlisberger, James Harrison, John Elway, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Jameis Winston, Frank Clark, Adrian Peterson, Dorial-Green Beckham, Terrell Suggs, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Dan Synder, Jeremy Hill, and probably several others I'm forgetting at the moment must also be removed from the league and from league history. Ray Rice, Josh Brown, Greg Hardy and Perrish Cox need to remain exiled for life.
4. For gently caress's sake take OJ's loving bust out of the hall goddamn it's not that hard to just put the thing in a loving wheelbarrow and just push it out the back and into a ravine

Once I am satisfied with the state of the NFL I will perhaps return. It seems unlikely and I doubt even then I'll have the time to care. Time moves on after all and so must I. There are many good posters here and I'll always treasure the memories I have. Rams/Hawks 7-9 bowl? Amazing. Steeler fan meltdowns? Can't forget it. But it's time to leave for me. I wish that take this one thing away from this thread: Always stand up for Justice in whichever way you think you can. Never give in to cynicism and forlorn acceptance. If you truly care about something, then you must care. I have deeply cared for football and will probably do so for a time yet. I wished that it would become the force for change that I knew it could be. I was disappointed but instead of hanging on out of habit, I will move on and find something I can care about guilt-free. If you care as I do, then maybe it's time to stand up for the sport and demand better as I have done for the past however many years.

Please feel free to have a discussion about some of the finer points that I've brought up tonight. Evil teams, the fate of football, gently caress Alex Smith. Whatever you guys want. Go for it.
Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

:lol:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have the same last name as an assassin but spelled differently.

I found out it was changed to distance my family from said assassin.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

How many bathtub marys are too many? asking for the city of Cranston.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

Is your last name Creeed?

Also, I'm a mutt. All of your ancestries belong to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

Is that so, kiimo Auditor de Firenz.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

Is your last name Creeed?

Joruus

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm white as all hell and my fetish is not having sex

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I signed up for Ancestry and found a lot of interesting things. I found the divorce filing for my great grandfather that I was named after and the reason for divorce was "gross neglect and extreme cruelty"

:hellyeah: pieces of poo poo all the way down the tree

Ancestry was a gift from my aunt to the whole family, she bought the entire package and sent it to us.

Except we noticed one tree missing. She put in the dude who signed the Declaration of Independence (our direct line, who later moved to Canada ironically enough?), and his brother who started one of the largest shipping industries in Virginia..

But she left out the dude who moved to St Augustine and became one of the largest slave traders/owners in all of Florida. Which is especially funny because I guess he died without any heirs and yet here we are, moving back to Florida (and the US) in 1935.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

How many bathtub marys are too many? asking for the city of Cranston.

The only rule I know of governing them is that you definitely aren't supposed to stack them vertically on top of each other.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I like your last name. That's a good last name.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

But she left out the dude who moved to St Augustine and became one of the largest slave traders/owners in all of Florida. Which is especially funny because I guess he died without any heirs and yet here we are, moving back to Florida (and the US) in 1935.

Nah you gotta own that poo poo. Like half of my family swears we're related to Jesse James and they're all proud as hell about it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There are only seven games left boys and girls.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Many of us do not work on Monday.

Hello playoffs day drinking.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

So yeah, I'm a banana. It's my people's word, we can use it.

:hfive: fellow yellow outside white inside

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I am 30 and a white man.

Goooooooooooooo Redskins!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Many of us do not work on Monday.
same :cheers:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chichevache posted:

There is a reparations council?
You blew it, kid.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You blew it, kid.

My last name is also major popular in West Africa because great great great whoever decided if he couldn't own them he didn't want them living here! :smithicide:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My first name is a hated NFL players last name

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Must be hell going through life named Elway.

And please tell me you changed your own forum name and there isn't another name change thread. I was just now catching up.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Talib?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Brady how unfortunate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There are only seven games left boys and girls.

And the Packers are gonna win 3 of em.

• Locked thread