Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MrLonghair posted:

I did not expect Type-0 banner. I expected skipping it all. Ace's got a 30% MAG and 20% MP TM Seven's TM is a ribbon, Jack's TM "fills LB gauge while in battle" (?), Trey 20% boost to MAG and SPR.

Then they mislinked "Akademia" to point to the Type-0 characters pic, so whatever was that event like in JP?
e: they corrected the link, it's a Mog King grind event, BGN x1 summon ticket, INT 200 Phantoma, ADV 300 Phantoma, PRO 500 Phantoma, ELT 500 lapis. Trust Moogle to be had!
And two really lovely weapons and a lovely accessory that haven't been improved for the time into the game which we get them compared to JP.

Get Ace for 100% bonus of Phantoma drops, Seven for 75% bonus, friend unit them if you get them and you will be loved. I'm all out of Gigantaurs but even at lv1 they will be welcomed and I will switch to one for a companion unit.

Chances are that it's two weeks, then, and that the second week they might roll the second FF Type-0 banner in alongside the first, with Queen (literally the worst Base 5*), Nine, Cinque, and Eight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well at least you get to horde more tickets for the TG Friday.

So what global exclusive abilities do the Type-0 guys have? Because as they are right now, without enhancements, they are pretty trash.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Looks like another week off from daily pulls, and another event to only grind out moogles/tickets/quartz/cactuars/6*mats. Hi5's all around everybody.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Only reason to pull is for bonus multiplier characters to accelerate the grind, if the currency droprates are tasteful that is.

e: 9999 phantoma for the trust moog? If the dropoff after first completion isn't obscenely bad, sure. 1000 per summon ticket. 4800 for the artefact.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 10, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The artifact and the twinspell materia look to be the only must haves. After that, the usual order probably applies: tickets, quartz, gigantaurs, moogle, and 6 star mats as needed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Only reason to pull is for bonus multiplier characters to accelerate the grind, if the currency droprates are tasteful that is.

In the past, the drop rates have been poo poo during the first week. Wait for week 2 to go all in.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MrLonghair posted:

e: 9999 phantoma for the trust moog? If the dropoff after first completion isn't obscenely bad, sure. 1000 per summon ticket. 4800 for the artefact.

If the Doublicorn appears as commonly as Metal Gigantuars/Metal Gods, then even then it's not too bad; that's three and change. That's about as many as you'd be expected to see with "normal" luck through the two weeks, so.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Given they suggest using Escape, is this a farmable Exploration then?
Also what makes Queen so much worse than say, Delita?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I can see the artifact, but I definitely wouldn't classify twinspell as "must have" it's 2% mp over a currently craftable materia, which in all likelihood you will be replacing with one of the other, more mag, options. Even on Dark Fina and ExDeath it's only ~38mp.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

Given they suggest using Escape, is this a farmable Exploration then?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not going to waste 15 mins per exploration waiting for one of them to spawn...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

I can see the artifact, but I definitely wouldn't classify twinspell as "must have" it's 2% mp over a currently craftable materia, which in all likelihood you will be replacing with one of the other, more mag, options. Even on Dark Fina and ExDeath it's only ~38mp.

I use a lot of MAG +10% on my four ExDeath team, so the additional MP boost is nice, but I see your point. It depends on who you have and whether you've farmed up a bunch of Shantoto TM's.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HGH posted:

Also what makes Queen so much worse than say, Delita?

Delita has a -40% DEF Break and -40% SPR Break, a juiced up Focus, and Barrage, on top of having access to pretty much every common melee weapon type and a few uncommon ones.

Queen has a juiced up Barrage, Curaja, and a few magic attacks she can't make effective use of since her best MAG weapon is the Enhancer - she can only equip swords, greatswords, and daggers. Oh, and she gets an ATK boost if she ever drops stupidly low on HP (less than 3%, according to the reddit wiki)... except you lose said boost if she dies or after 3 turns, whichever comes first.

Keep in mind that being the worst Base 5* doesn't exclude her from being a Base 5*... she's still better than most more common units, she's just got very little she can do on her own.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 10, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

New FFBE characters are going to be popping up in japan soon.

From what I understand its a 5 star base healer with dual white, curaja, curaga and has reraise. Her limit break fully restores your party, brings them back from death and cleanses all status effects including stops. Her TM gives whoever is equipped with it auto regen, auto refresh, auto limit.

The other is a physical base 4* attacker thats a combo style character which we haven't really gotten any like yet (I think Prishe was the first one?). Your follow up attacks properties change depending on the last skill used. He chain based with his attacks doing multiple hits. You can choose single target or aoe finishers for your combos. His trust reward is a male exclusive shirt that gives +20% mp, +20 attack and 32 Defense.

The third character is a *4 red mage that has 4 different attribute attacks that also buff her resistances while using them. What makes her unique is her ability to give your party stop immunity through an ability. Her limit break hits the enemy with a barrage of magic while giving your party resistances for those 4 elements (fire, ice, wind and light). Her TM is a fantastic 100 atk 84 matk sword for hybrids.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

KataraniSword posted:

If the Doublicorn appears as commonly as Metal Gigantuars/Metal Gods, then even then it's not too bad

quote:

Doublicorn does 2 x 9999 attacks each turn
fffffffffuck. Mirage Vest Cecil, go.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Looks like Shadow might finally be good for something

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

fffffffffuck. Mirage Vest Cecil, go.

The metal gigantaurs did the same while having poo poo tons of defense. Hopefully a strong friend is enough to burn him down in one turn.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

Chances are that it's two weeks, then, and that the second week they might roll the second FF Type-0 banner in alongside the first, with Queen (literally the worst Base 5*), Nine, Cinque, and Eight.

At least queen has an amazing TM. Ace has.........?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hardbody posted:

At least queen has an amazing TM. Ace has.........?

It sounds like they maybe incorporated some of Aces enhancements straight into his default form so things like tri-lacer will hit as hard as ultima by default with the possibility of hitting wwaaaaaay harder if you are lucky, if it also gains the elemental resistance shred then he will have a particular niche. He is a high sustain magic unit character, sort of like Emperor.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Okay, JP Doublicorn has 600k HP, does not attack until below 99% HP, Mirage Vest Cecil is one way to take care of that problem and leave it up for DPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZNInkE9Cyg
Ring of Lucii curiosities sated. 670 MAG at the end of an 11 chain, 1.5 million damage Alterna.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 10, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MrLonghair posted:

I did not expect Type-0 banner. I expected skipping it all. Ace's got a 30% MAG and 20% MP TM Seven's TM is a ribbon, Jack's TM "fills LB gauge while in battle" (?), Trey 20% boost to MAG and SPR.

Then they mislinked "Akademia" to point to the Type-0 characters pic, so whatever was that event like in JP?
e: they corrected the link, it's a Mog King grind event, BGN x1 summon ticket, INT 200 Phantoma, ADV 300 Phantoma, PRO 500 Phantoma, ELT 500 lapis. Trust Moogle to be had!
And two really lovely weapons and a lovely accessory that haven't been improved for the time into the game which we get them compared to JP.

Get Ace for 100% bonus of Phantoma drops, Seven for 75% bonus, friend unit them if you get them and you will be loved. I'm all out of Gigantaurs but even at lv1 they will be welcomed and I will switch to one for a companion unit.

Getting this event sucks because it means Orlandu's probably going to be that much further away.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The other is a physical base 4* attacker thats a combo style character which we haven't really gotten any like yet (I think Prishe was the first one?). Your follow up attacks properties change depending on the last skill used. He chain based with his attacks doing multiple hits. You can choose single target or aoe finishers for your combos. His trust reward is a male exclusive shirt that gives +20% mp, +20 attack and 32 Defense.

Noctis has a combo with a couple of his skills doesn't he? Or was that one of the "lol gently caress global" nerfs?

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

@Hardbody guess we get to watch you do 5 pulls on this next event aye? Let's get that stream going and watch the Bediles flow!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
What's up with the "Dark Lina"s on the Goon Friends Spreadsheet? :v:

I booted a bunch of inactives and have a bunch of spots if anyone wants a ~600 ATK Chizzy with Chirijiraden for chaining. Nothing special but I'm super active. I also sent a few request to you guys on the spreadsheet.

411 249 974

Fishmonkey: Your friend code has 1 too many digits!

BDawg: I get a 'user not found' when searching for your ID.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I guess that Artifact cube is technically an upgrade to any Doublehand-using DPS you have, since it's flat out better than the Hyper Wrist or Hero's Ring you have on them already.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well, two weeks of type-0 probably means that Ariana Grande is like Maxwell and not in the gacha.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Getting this event sucks because it means Orlandu's probably going to be that much further away.

Noctis has a combo with a couple of his skills doesn't he? Or was that one of the "lol gently caress global" nerfs?

Noctis' single best ability has been removed as part of his global transition, yes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Sabin should be able to do combos.

Jack doesn't look terrible, gets both a DEF break and Cheer.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The one nice thing about us getting Type-0 after all, is that the second half of this banner will give us a 3* base with a 20% ATK/DEF materia TM.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AegisP posted:

The one nice thing about us getting Type-0 after all, is that the second half of this banner will give us a 3* base with a 20% ATK/DEF materia TM.

Oh thank god, I only got one Karl from the FFBE event, and this will make up for it. I'll save some tickets for week two and try to grab one.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
I kindof sortof want to whale on the gambler. I love gamblers. I never played this game though....

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

AegisP posted:

Oh yes please.

AegisP posted:

I guess that Artifact cube is technically an upgrade to any Doublehand-using DPS you have, since it's flat out better than the Hyper Wrist or Hero's Ring you have on them already.

*looks at the 2nd Bracer about to pop off the assembly line, and the 2x Snows up next*

Yeah, about that.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 10, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
we haven't yet received the rewards for prior months arena right?

seem to be short a moogle currently if we have

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
We did, on Jan 4th IIRC.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Added myself to the list, could use some help with Pro level DF. I've almost gotten her a few times but no one on my friend's list is quite whale enough.

ID: 827 538 035
hamsystm

Have a 6* DF currently 82 and Noctis at 5* just waiting on mats.

Edit: Had my number wrong

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 10, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

We did, on Jan 4th IIRC.

didn't the last month end of the 6th though

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's cool. More events = more tickets to hoard for THE CID.

Want to break the 200 mark to have a coinflip with my tix alone. Would be dope.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Well, two weeks of type-0 probably means that Ariana Grande is like Maxwell and not in the gacha.

This is good for me because it's the only way I can get 5* base units :v:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

hamsystem posted:

Added myself to the list, could use some help with Pro level DF. I've almost gotten her a few times but no one on my friend's list is quite whale enough.

ID: 827 538 025
hamsystm

Have a 6* DF currently 82 and Noctis at 5* just waiting on mats.

Pro DF? I've got a fat Noctis dedicated for her ELT variant that should be able to help, but I was unable to find you through search. I'm 790,951,475

Really helps to have two in the squad of five with all the utility that comes. He's at over 5000 HP and immune to her garbage, he should be able to tank her

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

MrLonghair posted:

Pro DF? I've got a fat Noctis dedicated for her ELT variant that should be able to help, but I was unable to find you through search. I'm 790,951,475

Really helps to have two in the squad of five with all the utility that comes. He's at over 5000 HP and immune to her garbage, he should be able to tank her

I couldn't find you either but I'll keep trying. Something must be screwy on their end.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Orlandu is this games Mickey & Brooms. Not happening any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm already resigned to orlandu taking time to get here but dont have me wait through all these banners with my WoL in 5*. When where him and garland supposed to get their 6*?

Ive got tons of gigantuars that need to be burned.

• Locked thread