Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Noctis has a combo with a couple of his skills doesn't he? Or was that one of the "lol gently caress global" nerfs?

That was one of the "gently caress global" nerfs. None of his skills combo in Global, which lowers him from Orlandu tier to merely loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
People spoke of one-shotting Dark Fina with 7XX ATK Noctis Point-Warp. I'll be in that league before March :v:
Definitely amazing, would not be that much without all the utility he brings. I've won many battles by all the things that makes him amazing. Lightning's looking old and busted, like she's the friend unit you take when there's no 6* Chiz, Luneth, Noct, Cod, etc

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Noctis not having Auto-Refresh in global is the most head scratching thing to me. We already have Auto-Refresh on our 5* base units, would it have killed Noctis to also have it?

I guess his abnormally high MP pool makes it much better than most.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

AegisP posted:

Noctis not having Auto-Refresh in global is the most head scratching thing to me. We already have Auto-Refresh on our 5* base units, would it have killed Noctis to also have it?

I guess his abnormally high MP pool makes it much better than most.

He has multiple other MP refresh tools available, it's not a major issue.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MrLonghair posted:

People spoke of one-shotting Dark Fina with 7XX ATK Noctis Point-Warp. I'll be in that league before March :v:
Definitely amazing, would not be that much without all the utility he brings. I've won many battles by all the things that makes him amazing. Lightning's looking old and busted, like she's the friend unit you take when there's no 6* Chiz, Luneth, Noct, Cod, etc

She's also the unit you take when you need to fill those "use X limit bursts" requirements; more attack hits means more crystal drops. It's the one thing her absurdly long animation is good for.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vax posted:

It's cool. More events = more tickets to hoard for THE CID.

Want to break the 200 mark to have a coinflip with my tix alone. Would be dope.

Sitting at 84 tickets and just over 17k lapis. I'd stream my failure and rage when the time comes but :effort:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hamsystem posted:

ID: 827 538 025
hamsystm

I think you typoed your ID number.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sitting at 84 tickets and just over 17k lapis. I'd stream my failure and rage when the time comes but :effort:

Do it on Twitch so you can refinance everything you've lost.
Someone linked that stream a couple pages back so I checked one of the two dudes' channel and they basically make up their crazy whaling money back in Twitch donations. It's genius I tell ya.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Whatever they do with onion knight, orlandu, dark veritas, tidus, balthier, etc I just hope they leave the strong base 3 and base 4 units alone. Dont touch tilith or WoL gumi, please dont!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whatever they do with onion knight, orlandu, dark veritas, tidus, balthier, etc I just hope they leave the strong base 3 and base 4 units alone. Dont touch tilith or WoL gumi, please dont!

I'm still honestly surprised they didn't make Tilith a 5* base for global. I was honestly expecting them to do so.

The only reason I'm slightly hopeful that they'll un-nerf units like Notics in the future is that Gumi used to do a similar thing with new units in Brave Frontier around the time Zelnite's batch was added where they'd introduce the new units, but only up to their 5* forms and then a few weeks later they'd add the 6* forms for those units. I forget if they ever gave a reason for why they did that stuff but I think it was because global was something like 3-4 unit batches ahead of the content when compared to how they were released in Japan. They eventually stopped but that may have been due to the release of 7* units (and they now have omni evolutions, basically 8*).

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I forgot Lightning gets innate DW at level 100. Even with that they need to ungimp Noctis once Orlandude's come to save the day. She's got that, Noct has utility, Orlandondorf's got his holy shits.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hamsystem posted:

Added myself to the list, could use some help with Pro level DF. I've almost gotten her a few times but no one on my friend's list is quite whale enough.

ID: 827 538 035
hamsystm

Have a 6* DF currently 82 and Noctis at 5* just waiting on mats.

Edit: Had my number wrong

Quoting this since I put the wrong number originally.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got my first bracer done today, which means my Chizuru finally broke 700 ATK.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

didn't the last month end of the 6th though

Sorry for the late reply but I'm basing this on a mail in my inbox that says Arena Monthly Awards that was received on Jan 4. I'd assume that's for Dec? I could be wrong...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

hamsystem posted:

Quoting this since I put the wrong number originally.

Added! Remember to let my 5038 HP Noctis use Fish to draw her interest, he'll tank Dark Kiss and spare the rest of the crew. (or if you already have someone doing that, he can deliver decent damage with Point Warp)

e: Meanwhile, the next ten days of the Japanese version
TM Campaign
Each pull gives a moogle ranging from 3★ - 5★.
Only available on Dailies, FFBE Gacha, and Regular Gacha.

Chance of moogle that is

quote:

Blue Crystal: 3* Moogle, 5% TM for one specific unit
Yellow Crystal: 4* Moogle, 5% TM for any unit whatsoever
Rainbow Crystal: 5* Moogle, 10% TM for any unit whatsoever
and the introduction of EX points which sound like HELLO WHALES please spend money here to get guaranteed new units

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 11, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

MrLonghair posted:

Added! Remember to let my 5038 HP Noctis use Fish to draw her interest, he'll tank Dark Kiss and spare the rest of the crew. (or if you already have someone doing that, he can deliver decent damage with Point Warp)

e: Meanwhile, the next ten days of the Japanese version
TM Campaign
Each pull gives a moogle ranging from 3★ - 5★.
Only available on Dailies, FFBE Gacha, and Regular Gacha.

Chance of moogle that is

and the introduction of EX points which sound like HELLO WHALES please spend money here to get guaranteed new units

Thanks man! I got it done finally. The whip was a pretty big upgrade.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

MrLonghair posted:

I forgot Lightning gets innate DW at level 100. Even with that they need to ungimp Noctis once Orlandude's come to save the day. She's got that, Noct has utility, Orlandondorf's got his holy shits.

So what's Luneth got then?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

So what's Luneth got then?

He hits stuff hard and doesn't need TMRs to do it.

Past that, he and Greg are kind of the shallow end of the broken pool.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Tagichatn posted:

Well, two weeks of type-0 probably means that Ariana Grande is like Maxwell and not in the gacha.

I honestly think she will be given away for free during an event, as a 3*. The event will enable or help you to get her to 5*. She might not have a 6* form at all.

I realize this sounds crazy, but the point of Ariana is to get new players, not for the existing. They need to be able to play with her right away. She is there as a gateway to hook them on the game in general. I don't think their objective is to make her the new Orlandu or Onion Knight.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mugaaz posted:

I honestly think she will be given away for free during an event, as a 3*. The event will enable or help you to get her to 5*. She might not have a 6* form at all.

I realize this sounds crazy, but the point of Ariana is to get new players, not for the existing. They need to be able to play with her right away. She is there as a gateway to hook them on the game in general. I don't think their objective is to make her the new Orlandu or Onion Knight.

This seems legit. Best case scenario is that she'll be secretly broken like Black Cat Lid was. Still, Brave Frontier did event-given free collab units all the time and for the most part they're basically newbie stepping stones/collectors units.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Luneth and Greg are the cookiecutterest cookiecutters. Noctis is spreadsheet.jpeg

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Greg may be shallow, but I still wanted him over lightning and luneth.
I cannot wait for Orlandu to hit. I've just been TM grinding for the past month or so besides running though events just enough to get all the rewards. Finally broke 700 atk with greg, and should push it up higher once maxwell, garg, and hayate all finish. Got 2 Lockes I just started as well to make my CoD a monster, and then I may get to work on my wall of Shanattos or Kefkas. So many rewards, such a long grind. Also have 2 more Cecils to work on....

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Type-0 came out of loving nowhere. At least it's another farm event that gives me time to grind more lapis for Orlandu.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MrLonghair posted:

Can that work with Noctis?

Also, sorry about the Lightning, she's the best I have, guys.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I had an arena match against a team with a D Fina who got the first move. I run 4x Exdeath + Refia and they managed to kill off one of my Exdeaths. No big deal and 3 double meteors later everyone but D Fina was dead and she was at ~15% HP. I wanted to see what her counters were like so I Barraged w/ DW and Golem Staff+Rune Staff equipped Refia. She didn't get stoned or silenced so I'm guessing she had a Ribbon or was super lucky.

Turns out D Fina was wearing Ring of Lucii and she proceeds to pound my Refia's bhole with like 6 Holy casts and manages to kill her from 4.9k max HP outright. She then follows up with a few of her AoE counters and brings the rest of my team within like 600 HP of dying. loving crazy, now I know better than to gently caress with her.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I watched the video with doge vs the kid in the Pokémon hat and felt a little embarrassed for them getting so into it and talking to the phone screen and whatnot. Then the next video was the doge guy pulling 600 loving crystals before her got dark fina...I felt really uncomfortable watching it but couldn't look away mainly because I have never seen that large of a volume of pulls before and I wanted to know what it looked like. But man what a trashy existence talking about how your year is ruined because you spent 2000 bucks and didn't get the "waifu" you wanted along with other super embarrassing commentary and reactions. Kind of makes me not want to play this game on many levels. And one of those levels is ever paying money to Gumi ever again - I think I'm out because that poo poo is rigged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDefMq24OE

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
I find the ziss videos educational. I've gotten enough enjoyment out of this game to shell out money to Gumi but unless you macro TMR (which is an absurd mechanic) there isn't much point.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahahaha. Daily pull was Elle then I saw we got a ticket for the daily reward.

RAINBOW!

Look what popped out :laffo:

That's my seventh Miyuki :v:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Dang it. I just want one! (Preferably not as a rainbow crystal)

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I honestly wouldn't be angry at a rainbow Miyuki. I have 4 Blade Masteries and only 1 Shakirabufuki. No, no... I get rainbow Kuja and Celes.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

deathbagel posted:

I honestly wouldn't be angry at a rainbow Miyuki. I have 4 Blade Masteries and only 1 Shakirabufuki. No, no... I get rainbow Kuja and Celes.

I already have 3 Sakurafubukis and these miyukis are starting to pile up. You know what I'd have liked? A rainbow Zidane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i still need a miyuki but getting a rainbow one wouldnt feel great. of course it would feel better than that rakshasha did :v:

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
If anyone else is grinding Aquapolis ADV for unit exp when doing the daily quest, the gil values for the areas are:
1st area 720
1st area boss 200 = 920 total
2nd area (total) 2360
2nd area boss 290 = 2650 total
3rd area (total) 3450

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Orlandu is this games Mickey & Brooms. Not happening any time soon.

This moogle event lasts two weeks. In two weeks the Orlandeu banner drops in FFRK. I expect us to get the banner at the same time along with a sale on FFT:WoL in the mobile store.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Hardbody posted:

This moogle event lasts two weeks. In two weeks the Orlandeu banner drops in FFRK. I expect us to get the banner at the same time along with a sale on FFT:WoL in the mobile store.

My tickets are ready. My wallet is not. :shepspends:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holy poo poo altema didnt have all of the new ffbe units yesterday but looking it over today that is some insane power creep. loving dual wield+ materia that gives you dual wield AND bonus to attacks if you are using bladed weapons? Already insane stat bonus that she can further enhanced with a self buff that unlocks her strongest attacks? loving tanky to boot?

Shes like a straight up upgrade to luneth in every regard.

The white mage has loving curagaja, mass revive, stop immunity, full stop cleanse, strong regen, both encourage and meditate and dual white? Like tilith can still support better than her but nothing trumps her flexibility while healing plus shes a huge gently caress you to the stop pvp meta

Gumi-lets loving start the new year with some massive power creep!

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 11, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vax posted:

My tickets are ready. My wallet is not. :shepspends:

i already dont draw base 5* so this wont really be any meaningful change for me

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'd like a rainbow :v: I'd also like to try to resist pulling for awhile because it's been a sea of blue with units that aren't bad and have okay to decent TM rewards lately. I just want something exciting!

I keep saying that I should save lapis and stuff for TM farming so my units can start looking decent eventually but I pull anyway...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Armitage posted:

I'd like a rainbow :v: I'd also like to try to resist pulling for awhile because it's been a sea of blue with units that aren't bad and have okay to decent TM rewards lately. I just want something exciting!

I keep saying that I should save lapis and stuff for TM farming so my units can start looking decent eventually but I pull anyway...

i accidentally clicked on that free poo poo we got the other day on my emulator and was like "oops 250 lapis on my android account better daily half price pull" even tho i was gonna use the lapis from that to refresh for tm farming :saddowns:

edit: which i do on the loving emulator to begin with so thats where i actually wanted that lapis anyway. argh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Finally part of the rainbow crystal and 5* base crew: Got a Mercedes on daily, felt lucky and pulled again and got a rainbow! Got Noctis instead of Dark Fina though so I can't complain.

• Locked thread