Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Oh I thought those were Legends.
Legends are basically Scouts/Commanders, which are between Legion and Deluxes of a somewhat varying pricepoint. There's Legion stuff in the RID line, the tiny horrific Windblade no one should own is a Legion.

And yeah you'd think they could settle on a naming series that wasn't stupidly confusing but Hasbro's marketing has like, that one weird guy I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lepecard posted:

Wow, now that I think about it, this newest Netflix series is basically the 5th or 6th generation of Voltron.

Man, poo poo got weird especially the Voltron made up of dinosaurs....

No one remembers Vehicle Voltron

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spiderdrake posted:

Legends are basically Scouts/Commanders, which are between Legion and Deluxes of a somewhat varying pricepoint. There's Legion stuff in the RID line, the tiny horrific Windblade no one should own is a Legion.

And yeah you'd think they could settle on a naming series that wasn't stupidly confusing but Hasbro's marketing has like, that one weird guy I guess?

Yeah that's a bit confusing. I thought it was Legends - Leader - Deluxe - Voyager. Oh well, still gonna buy the ones I like!

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

You Am I posted:

I do because it's the best one. No pastel space mice. I even have the Matchbox release combined up on top of my fridge. Lion team is totally overrated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Before I post it elsewhere, does anyone want to buy my Netflix Voltron?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, the Titanmasters of wave 3 have cropped up in my local stores, no real sight of any of the deluxes. There was one Soundwave though.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Captain Invictus posted:

oh, right, there's a new show isn't there.

I think I'll be a horrible "Geewunner" about Voltron, what with all the great Golion figures that have come out recently.

I would have preordered Voltron but its $300 dollars I couldn't afford to drop right before Christmas. Now to hope they do another run.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

You Am I posted:

Dairugger XV is a better show than GoLion but nobody will watch it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like the guys who OS and KOed Feral Rex and Warbotron Bruticus are doing the TFC Liokaiser this year. At least that's what the FB posts claim.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Revolver Bunker posted:

I would have preordered Voltron but its $300 dollars I couldn't afford to drop right before Christmas. Now to hope they do another run.

I got the EX Voltron and just as a heads up, the combined mode is good, but the real reason to get it is the individual lions. It's a fine Voltron but the lions are the star of the show thanks to their posability and anatomical detail. Easily the best of any toy version ever. Not to put you off it, but just so you know what you're paying for.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

How much does a set go for??

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

On a whim I watched the five part pilot of the Go-Bots cartoon and

this may be controversial but it's actually a much tighter premiere than "More Than meets The Eye"

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It is really fun watching people try to guess who is who on this

There's really no point, is there? Age of Extinction had Rocky movie names but I don't think they correlated. They were just seemingly random.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

TFRazorsaw posted:

On a whim I watched the five part pilot of the Go-Bots cartoon and

this may be controversial but it's actually a much tighter premiere than "More Than meets The Eye"

That seems plausible, on reflection MTMTE seems a little slap dash, it did have to cut character spotlight scenes for time while managing to include a character who wouldn't be sold until the following year under a different name. Honestly people beat up on the GoBots cartoon more than it deserves, it wasn't top notch or anything and it's been a while since I've seen any of it but I don't remember it ever hitting the lows of something like B.O.T. (Aside from the rocklords movie anyway)

Other fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 11, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Movie toy Mindwipe was cool.

FT Sovereign came today. He's really heavy and really good with a couple of bits that are hard for me, a weak baby, to do. It also comes with the biggest effect parts I've ever seen.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Other posted:

That seems plausible, on reflection MTMTE seems a little slap dash, it did have to cut character spotlight scenes for time while managing to include a character who wouldn't be sold until the following year under a different name. Honestly people beat up on the GoBots cartoon more than it deserves, it wasn't top notch or anything and it's been a while since I've seen any of it but I don't remember it ever hitting the lows of something like B.O.T. (Aside from the rocklords movie anyway)

The Go-Bots pilot manages to do several things in its time:

- Establish a hierarchy among the Guardians and Renegades. There's world building with the council, showing Leader-1 has someone to defer to, and shows there's a separation between political figures and soldiers. Likewise, aside from just showing Cy-Kill to be a leader, Fitor is clearly defined as his second in command. Meanwhile, over in Transformers, people STILL argue about whether Optimus and Megatron's no. 2's were Ironhide or Jazz and Starscream or Soundwave.
- There's a running plot through the whole thing that's easy to follow from one event to the next - take control of humanity, have them build a fleet of Zods, use the Zods to invade Gobotron. MTMTE is all over the drat place, with the Decepticons' primary goals shifting constantly and nothing really building up to the next episode. They try to bring it together by giving the Cons a means of getting off Earth, but everything prior to that is going from one standard super villain scheme to another.
- There's no giant plothole you can drive Trypticon through like MTMTE has with the Autobots suddenly being unable to fly.
- Human characters. Spike and Sparkplug are, to be frank, walking scenery. I realize some people prefer this, but if human characters are going to be there, I think they need to contribute. Scooter's pal is basically the same bland nobody Spike is, but the rest of them have a decent dynamic with the primary GoBots and each other. And then there's Braxis. Honestly? The guy's freaking hilarious. He's like if Dr. Archeville were actually entertaining. Rene Auberjonois's voice acting is a big part of this, but his dynamic with the Renegades is also pretty drat hilarious in how they completely and utterly loathe him. They also all factor better into the plot and have a better reason for being around than "the Decepticons attacked our workplace and now the Autobots adopted us I guess".
- Focusing on a small group of characters between both factions instead of a good dozen on both sides at once leads to more focused characterization. There's nothing revolutionary here, but the primary groups of three on both sides get room to breathe and establish themselves more than any of the Autobots and Decepticons who aren't named Optimus, Megatron, or Starscream do. Leader-1, Scooter (who, yes, is annoying, but it's a personality at least), Turbo, Crasher, Cy-Kill, and Cop-Tur all get to establish themselves and their abilities instead of... everything being all over the place.
- This is subjective but... Cy-Kill is actually more charismatic in these five episodes than Megatron ever is. His plan making sense is, again, a plus, but he seems to show his underlings respect when they deserve it and flex his authority through force when he wants to make a point. He makes pragmatic decisions, like choosing to leave Crasher behind after she gets buried, but gives her her due in the proccess, which actually sounds SINCERE. Megatron... is just kind of a screaming rear end in a top hat in the G1 cartoon. Again, it's nothing revolutionary, but I can actually understand why the Renegades follow this guy.
- Crasher is loving hilarious. 50 percent of her dialogue is just laughing inappropriately. They try to mind probe her? Her deepest secret is "LEADER-1 I USED TO HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU". This is apparently a big enough blow to her pride she's eager to force the same thing on him in a later part of the episode.

Anyway, this has been me thinking too hard about 1980's children's cartoons.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

There's really no point, is there? Age of Extinction had Rocky movie names but I don't think they correlated. They were just seemingly random.

They're literally random

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Deceptive Thinker posted:

They're literally random

Just like the actual names of the characters in the movies!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

I kind of do but I don't want to pay much, PM if you really want to get rid of it.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Gobots also killed TF on female characters, both in quantity and design. Take Crasher for example, she was a great villain and her voice was as awesome as Scooter's was annoying.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

her entire personality basically adds up to being Armada Cyclonus. She's great.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I just figured how to correctly and securely peg Skullcruncher's tail to his forearm in bot mode using the croc claw, which apparently is intended. Looks like a cool shield now, with that and his floppiness fixed he's one of my favorite deluxes. Plus that croc mode is so fantastic!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I just figured how to correctly and securely peg Skullcruncher's tail to his forearm in bot mode using the croc claw, which apparently is intended.
You figured out how to put a peg in a hole?

Next you'll notice the sliding rail on Hardhead and your video won't have his cannon awkwardly angled to the side!

The Iron Factory Ginrai's jetpack connects via modified 5mm peg, meaning Skullsmasher's butt area flip up peg can be used to attach said jetpack, creating the silliest looking rocket propelled gator

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I rediscovered my love for the Warbotron (well, the Machine Boy KOs) Bruticus guys last night. They get a bad rap from a lot of people but I just love how chunky they are. I am stoked for my soon to be arriving oversized versions of them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

catch22 posted:

Gobots also killed TF on female characters, both in quantity and design. Take Crasher for example, she was a great villain and her voice was as awesome as Scooter's was annoying.

Reminds me that a recurring villain in the previous Ben 10 series is basically a human sized Crasher who gets a surprising amount of character development over the show's run

Blackheart posted:

I just figured how to correctly and securely peg Skullcruncher's tail to his forearm in bot mode using the croc claw, which apparently is intended. Looks like a cool shield now, with that and his floppiness fixed he's one of my favorite deluxes. Plus that croc mode is so fantastic!

Reminds me that I need to order a bottle of pledge when I get the chance

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hey guys RiD is doing combiners now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHaryQ1RWw0

Ooohhhh...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can hear Thew screaming IT LONGS FOR DEATH in my head
from character

drrockso20 posted:

Reminds me that I need to order a bottle of pledge when I get the chance
The poo poo is seriously useful. 90% of the 'waaa, this toy sucks, joints all poopy' complaining can be fixed in like 17 seconds of work and a half-day of drying

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

Apparently there's an undocumented but intended way to secure the tail onto the croc claw that looks better than the awkward giant arm gun thing. I haven't messed around with mine yet but I think this picture I just Googled is it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Anora posted:

Ooohhhh...

AHHHH KILL IT

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's fairly neat for a simple kids toy that fits in your hand, and looks better than the energon combiners

I do wonder why those seem to be the only combiners in a line titled "combiner force", maybe there will be larger versions

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

You can put PEGS IN HOLES?

Actually I meant something like this:

Knormal posted:

Apparently there's an undocumented but intended way to secure the tail onto the croc claw that looks better than the awkward giant arm gun thing. I haven't messed around with mine yet but I think this picture I just Googled is it.

Only with the croc paw in it's regular bot mode placement (and the tail seems to fit better the other way too). The outer toes slot into the little openings the tail has. Looks better than just pegging the white peg into his shoulder!

e: there's some new movie figure listings:

quote:

TF5 Movie Masterpiece Mars – $79.99
TF5 Movie Masterpiece Jupiter – $99.99
TF5 Movie Masterpiece “Saturn” – $79.99
TF5 Movie All Spark Starter Pack – $39.99
TF5 Movie Deluxe Class – $19.99
TF5 Movie Legion Class (2-Pack) – $15.00
TF5 Movie Power Cube Figure – $14.99
TF5 Movie Combiner Set with Slug – $34.99
TF5 Movie Planet Cybertron – $149.99
TF5 Movie Planet Cybertron (Deluxe) – $39.99

Including a "combiner set" but with that price I'm guessing it's legion-scaled. Also 3 "movie masterpieces", huh.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 12, 2017

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Knormal posted:

I really don't see how that's better. It seems, at a minimum, much worse.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well that's one way to hold a shield but I just put it on the side of his arm, with the tail end facing up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

You can put PEGS IN HOLES?

Actually I meant something like this:

Only with the croc paw in it's regular bot mode placement (and the tail seems to fit better the other way too). The outer toes slot into the little openings the tail has. Looks better than just pegging the white peg into his shoulder!

e: there's some new movie figure listings:

Including a "combiner set" but with that price I'm guessing it's legion-scaled. Also 3 "movie masterpieces", huh.

One of the 79.99 ones is Bumblebee, the 99.99 might be an Optimus!?

A Masterpiece retool/remake of ROTF prime (without electronics so the torso can be more accurate/complex/compact) could be the best toy of all time.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

One of the 79.99 ones is Bumblebee, the 99.99 might be an Optimus!?

A Masterpiece retool/remake of ROTF prime (without electronics so the torso can be more accurate/complex/compact) could be the best toy of all time.

Considering Jupiter is also listed as a pre-movie release Voyager, I'd say that's definitely Optimus. Assuming the randomly chosen codenames are consistent for each character across the line, of course.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Ooohhhh...

I'm going to pretend I didn't tap on that link. If I were to have, I could never unsee it.

strangehamster posted:

AHHHH KILL IT

Kill what? It doesn't look like anything to me...

Blackheart posted:

Well that's one way to hold a shield but I just put it on the side of his arm, with the tail end facing up.

I did a surgery to the guncanoe. It no longer has a high-backed seat, and fits on his shoulder nicely. I like your solution too, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just scored a MISB MP Star Saber for a steal.

help, i can't stop

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

For people who've had it for a while now, how did Star Saber end up being?

I found Astrotrain today, I'm pretty happy with him. Darkmoon's legs don't fold up properly behind the head but I think all of them do that, and one of his knees is tighter than the other which it seems is also common. All in all a cool voyager, but I wanna paint the train and shuttle "windows"; since I don't have yellow, what do you think would fit better, red or blue?

Also that MP Primal repaint is in toy accurate colors, plus mutant head and all.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People are losing their poo poo over it getting it's own MP number. Like of all the stupid things to get worked up over.