Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What happened to me not double-posting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Well it started as a trickle

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

On the same night Obama delivers an eloquent farewell address about reaching the full height of human potential, a war veteran mocked by Trump for being tortured as a prisoner of war leaks a story of urine and prostitutes.

I want to believe. What is happening? What happened to us? What happened to the American dream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Operation Avalanche rules.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

I will honestly be surprised if 2017 ends before Trump has impeachment proceedings at least start.

With the majority the Republicans have in the House? There's no way on God's green earth they even entertain an introduction of articles of impeachment, not with the way midterm elections go for the incumbent party.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

With the majority the Republicans have in the House? There's no way on God's green earth they even entertain an introduction of articles of impeachment, not with the way midterm elections go for the incumbent party.

I think Trump is going to be so loving outrageous in his abuses of power that they'll have to, especially since it'd mean Pence became President and he's the Republican establishments ideal President.

I'm not suggesting a Trump impeachment would actually make anything better, just that it's a likely outcome.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

Meh

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Skwirl posted:

I think Trump is going to be so loving outrageous in his abuses of power that they'll have to, especially since it'd mean Pence became President and he's the Republican establishments ideal President.

I'm not suggesting a Trump impeachment would actually make anything better, just that it's a likely outcome.

Aw, you think they have morals.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Jeff Sessions sounds like Stephen Root's character in O Brother Where Art Thou

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Bubba Ho-Tep is great, though I'd almost consider it a social drama first and a horror film second. It's a surprisingly frank look at the callous way society treats the elderly, that just happens to also feature a soul-sucking mummy.

Silent Hill drags in parts, but it's still more deserving of its spot than Planet Terror was.

Oh yeah I love it, and actually went out of my way to get a copy of the screenplay signed by Landsdale (who is a really funny dude to be around), I just never really thought of it as a horror movie. I'd barely even say it has horror trappings, and those are more related to the setting than the actual mummy.

I guess I've never really sat down and tried to make that big of a list of horror films - after a certain point it probably becomes pretty slim pickings.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

I want to believe. What is happening? What happened to us? What happened to the American dream?

The American dream was always horseshit.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
It's only January 10th, and so far this year has revealed Shmorky as a diaper fetish pedophile, Trump as a pissbaby, and now this.

This year is gonna be a helluva ride.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Jack Gladney posted:

On the same night Obama delivers an eloquent farewell address about reaching the full height of human potential, a war veteran mocked by Trump for being tortured as a prisoner of war leaks a story of urine and prostitutes.

You're pissing it away to satisfy Trump's humiliation fetishization on a scale previously unimaginable :munch:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I Before E posted:

The American dream was always horseshit.

Was hoping that someone would say, "it came true. You're looking at it."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Speaking of being disappointed at Sundance, here's what I have as far as tickets go so far:

XX
Animation Spotlight
Midnight Shorts Program
The Discovery
Kuso
Documentary Shorts Program
Colossal
Raw
City of Ghosts
Carpinteros (Woodpeckers)
The Good Postman
Shorts Program 1
Surprise Midnight
Shorts Program 2
Marjorie Prime
Lemon
Burning Sands
Shorts Program 5
ICARUS (though I'm going to try and exchange this for something I overlooked that I want to see way more)
Free and Easy

Movies I still want to see include the new movie by the people that made Obvious Child, the newest thing by Jem Cohen, a movie where Jack Black heads a Polka Ponzi scheme and the directorial debut of the guy who wrote Sicario and Hell or High Water

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Jack Gladney posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzPdUzygvE

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
It's not a fair or legitimate complaint, but I'd like Birdman more if it wasn't for the jazz drumming.

Whiplash too.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The punchline of Whiplash is all the music in it is really boring, right?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

wyoming posted:

It's only January 10th, and so far this year has revealed Shmorky as a diaper fetish pedophile, Trump as a pissbaby, and now this.

This year is gonna be a helluva ride.

What am I looking at? Is this an obtuse way of saying Trent Reznor's dead?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Oh my god is that Joseph Fiennes in that Michael Jackson 9/11 road trip movie? I completely forgot about that.

edit: Haha it's even better the more I look at it. We really are living in some seriously messed up timeline.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

That's Chris Gaines.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The Peccadillo posted:

A black man

I Before E posted:

That's Chris Gaines.

Nobody remembers Chris Gaines

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

FishBulb posted:

We had a massive discussion about him like two weeks ago

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
See how little people remember?!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FishBulb posted:

A black man

I remember Chris Gaines.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

weekly font posted:

I can die happy if I see the piss tape.

Why would you ever want to loving see that?

wyoming posted:

It's only January 10th, and so far this year has revealed Shmorky as a diaper fetish pedophile,

Wait, WHAT?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I like the shmorky quote that's something like,

??? misquote ??? posted:

lowtax hovers cursor over button labeled "BAN ALL BABYFURS"
[incredibly high-pitched voice] "WHATCHA DOIN 'TAXY?"
lowtax moves the cursor away "uhhh nothing"

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

CPL593H posted:

Wait, WHAT?

A bunch of chatlogs got leaked with him and a sixteen year old, he likes to role play giving babies baths and poo poo. Well, making GBS threads.
Also some LP dweebs got banned for being idiots to lowtax about it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
this like a year after that hosed up audio

that voice

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
And by being dweebs I mean they accused him of exploiting his children, because he posted on twitter about how pissed off he was because he had to explain sexual predators and how much of a shithead Shmorky was to his daughters.
So basically, the site is better off without them.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl3i_7p89aQ

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

wyoming posted:

And by being dweebs I mean they accused him of exploiting his children, because he posted on twitter about how pissed off he was because he had to explain sexual predators and how much of a shithead Shmorky was to his daughters.
So basically, the site is better off without them.

oh my god lowtax has children?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Michael Jackson 9/11 road trip

That's like one of those tag clusters for spam youtubes

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/817801146752499713

Neat.
Have an old youtubes of the day.
I think SMG found this one, youtube found footage anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jonTL7R57A

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

this like a year after that hosed up audio

that voice

What the gently caress is going on? What is this even a recording of?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

oh my god lowtax has children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tJYGw-e4lM&t=406s

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The Peccadillo posted:

That's like one of those tag clusters for spam youtubes

It's definitely not a string of words I ever envisioned myself putting together. The whole project seems too insane to be real but here we are.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's really funny that it was seen as cheap and tasteless in the UK, it's extremely well acted.

Snootiness aside, it came at a time when the floodgates opened on 70s entertainers who were revealed to be pieces of poo poo. Also you couldn't move for Glitter coverage and pictures of him cavorting with kids in Cambodia.

But then we are the same country who lost their poo poo over that BRASS EYE special.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
The Republicans might impeach Trump because his antics might be intolerable to the electorate if not to them, and because then they'd get Pence. He hews even more closely to conservative dogma. In some ways he'd be even worse than Trump, who at least deviates from orthodoxy in a few areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

Ehhh. I thought it was really weak. The only interesting scene was the car chase. I also wish they made it more authentic. I didn't care for Apollo 18, but I enjoyed the aesthetics of that one.

• Locked thread