Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Just had to help lift a 500lb woman off the floor.

New deadlift PR

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Gratz, go have a nice burrito to celebrate.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
But don't let her see it.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Second day back on a strength phase and I am certain that I am dying

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Every rep is 7 min off your life

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Defiant Sally posted:

death is certain

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Fallows posted:

Every rep is 7 min off your life

Sick, time for some 8 hour arm workouts then

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Back today landmine rows 5plates x6x3. Pullups bw+45x7x3, plate loaded pulldowns, bb row, cable pulldowns, db curl, preacher, decline sit ups, cable crunches. I have had a loving hacking cough for like all of december and it still aint stopped it blows, i havent even smoked a cig in like 2 weeks and it aint stoppin. Whatever ill be dead before i skip a workout for a cough.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Having my pre-workout poop at the gym on Hump Day, what what.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

I started a squat, bench or press, deadlift, and erg every day thing and Sunday was my day of death (still lifted) but I wose from my gwave and hit bigger numbers monday and tuesday.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

GORDON posted:

Having my pre-workout poop at the gym on Hump Day, what what.

Me too! Dump buddies. I didn't adequately empty myself after waking up so as soon as the preworkout touched my lips it was time to go.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i poo my pants in the gym as an act of dominance

at least thats what my handler says

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Defiant Sally posted:

Embrace it. Love it. Crave it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
First day back in the gym for 4 weeks tonight.

My abs look as good as ever, though, so maybe the gym is just a scam? nah gently caress were my vests always this tight?

sassassin fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 11, 2017

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Why am I squatting more weight with better form than I deadlift?
:iiam:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Paper Diamonds posted:

Why am I squatting more weight with better form than I deadlift?
:iiam:

Are you a big fat geared up powerlifter?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

"Just had a great 20 minute session walking in the treadmill. Better get a protein shake!"

*drinks 600 calorie protein shake*

"Gonna be in great shape in no time!"

- Every New Years resolutioner

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Are you a...?
not really, only 6' tall
i've got a bit extra around the waist, certainly not a fatty though

sassassin posted:

geared up?
No gear (gear both meaning steroids, and also belts and wraps)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A lot of young girls in tight clothing tonight.

I'm a pervy old man for sure.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

"Just had a great 20 minute session walking in the treadmill. Better get a protein shake!"

*drinks 600 calorie protein shake*

"Gonna be in great shape in no time!"

- Every New Years resolutioner

im really jealous of people who can just gain weight without even trying

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

sassassin posted:

A lot of young girls in tight clothing tonight.

I'm a pervy old man for sure.

I felt like once I turned 30 it became my right to be the creepy old guy at the gym.

Still trying to figure out when I get to walk around the locker room naked tho.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i saw "sick abs won't get you anywhere in life" on some girls tinder profile the other day and BOY DO I BEG TO DIFFER

*results may vary, please consult your doctor for low t levels if you want a hot babe half your age, also 50 million dollars helps*

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Probably from a fat girl who settled for a fat dude and she's trying to convince herself that looks don't matter because she can't do any better

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Tolkien minority posted:

Welcome to life after your 20s :swoon:

Get married, get strongfat, give no fucks, pray for death.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Almost at 70kg and crippling body dysmorphia kicking in.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tolkien minority posted:

Being at either extreme has its challenges. I can eat 4k calories per day without even trying. Often more.

The downside is, you gotta try pretty hard to not gain weight.

Also, finally tracking macros, calories and weight again. Time to go from 230->205.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 11, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Khorne posted:

Being at either extreme has its challenges. I can eat 4k calories per day without even trying. Sometimes more.

The downside is, you gotta try pretty hard to not gain weight.

Also, finally tracking macros, calories and weight again. Time to go from 230->205.

I'm sedentary/recovering and eating at least 3.2k calories a day (i measure everything and literally chug 1k cream/whey shakes at least once a day) and still have not gained a single pound in the last month. idk i guess its not such a bad problem but it sucks when you're actually trying to gain. i dont know if its a metabolism thing or what cause i always assumed that was bullshit but at 160 i should be at least gaining fat or something eating this much

not even im smack average i guess im just young
vvv

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 11, 2017

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

you sound tall :wiggle:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm sedentary/recovering and eating at least 3.2k calories a day (i measure everything and literally chug 1k cream/whey shakes at least once a day) and still have not gained a single pound in the last month. idk i guess its not such a bad problem but it sucks when you're actually trying to gain. i dont know if its a metabolism thing or what cause i always assumed that was bullshit but at 160 i should be at least gaining fat or something eating this much

not even im smack average i guess im just young
vvv
I didn't gain over the past 6 weeks eating an average of 3.4k. Maybe a pound. Hard to say.

Lifting is great. I would have gained a bunch of weight if I were still doing nothing. My appetite didn't go up at all with increased activity but my TDEE did.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 11, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://youtu.be/BDzx8sl5i2g

I'm a wimp but here's my Press PR (3 sets across)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

its curtains for Kevin posted:

https://youtu.be/BDzx8sl5i2g

I'm a wimp but here's my Press PR (3 sets across)

Flex yo glutes and stop your lower body from wobbling around, you're wasting power.

Also a hint of push press about that first rep, might get a red light for that in worlds.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I will become strong

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
At the gym.

About 10 minutes left until I'm done and I've gotten through 1 Bong track and there's another 20 minutes to go in this second track.

Don't know if best or worse music selection.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Legs today. Leg ext, squat, bb walking lunge, leg curl, leg press. Both racks were taken so i asked some russian guy if i could work in with him by showing him the word "together" run through google translate. I feel like i gave him some motivation because he started doing sets of 155 but moved up to 205 at the end either because he was tired of adding three plates for me everytime or he was just wanting to go big. Either way I notice these days when I go into the db area it is usually packed but by the time I finish my poo poo and leave it is empty. Probably because white foreigners smell like cheese.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Legs have been every other day this week for me. Been keeping it at a warmup of 1 plate, then just going 5x5 or 4x8 at 2 plates. I don't want to kill myself. As it was, this morning I almost fell down getting the alarm clock.

Maybe no legs for a few days... hopefully arm will be good enough to work in a few weeks.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
2nd week back on the barbell bench after not doing it since April and I'm back to 260x5x5

muscle memories...........

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

2nd week back on the barbell bench after not doing it since April and I'm back to 260x5x5

drat. Nice work.

Today I've managed 10 weighted pull ups, but with only 5kg on the belt. Meh, gotta work harder.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Defiant Sally posted:

plz post your burrito regimen thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm just going to combine my legs and upper body workouts tomorrow, instead of upper today and legs tomorrow. May reduce overall volume a hair to compensate. I had to pack giant coils all night and I'm wore the gently caress out. I sort of wonder what's more efficient, going to the gym anyway one night when you're super tired and know your form will probably suffer, or putting it off a day, and doing it when you'll be more fresh. I mean skipping workouts is one thing but it's just delaying upper body a day. It'll still be hit twice this week like normal. I don't get these super tough nights too terribly often so it's not a frequent thing. I'm guessing something like that is pretty minor and it's more skipping a workout here and there that adds up that slows you down a lot.