Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Guardians is double shipping, so I'd count on him dropping a couple things.
Has Solo been cancelled yet?

Han was a mini-series that already ended.

Edit - I'm glad Bendis is done with Guardians. Hope that rumor that Dan Slott is dropping off from Spider-Man soon is true as well.

Roth fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Guardians is double shipping, so I'd count on him dropping a couple things.
Has Solo been cancelled yet?

I think all of the Merc spin-offs except Slapstick already have cancellation notices.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Roth posted:

Han was a mini-series that already ended.

Edit - I'm glad Bendis is done with Guardians. Hope that rumor that Dan Slott is dropping off from Spider-Man soon is true as well.

I think he means "solo" the moron merc

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oops, lol. I read Han instead of Has

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hell yes duggan on guardians sign me up

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How's the new Rocket and Gamora books? Star Lord was pretty good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rocket's good so far.

Edit: I read #2 tonight so I base "good" off of two issues.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 11, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I liked Gamora more than I liked Star-Lord.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Star Lord and Gamora were really good. Didn't read Rocket.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Star Lord was no Howard the Duck. A Wolverine team up is a good choice for a first issue, but I want to see how weird this can get. Who did that Star Lord/Spider-Man team up? Hashtag team Peter.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The new Ms. Marvel is refreshing. It's nice to once again have a storyline that's just Kamala's. She needs more time to build her own mini-universe in Jersey without her comic getting disrupted by other events.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man gwenpool has gotta be the last person i expected to show up in this jessica jones run

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Has nebula always been just like her movie version? I'm mixing her up with various other cosmic Marvel ladies in my head.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 11, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Viridiant posted:

The new Ms. Marvel is refreshing. It's nice to once again have a storyline that's just Kamala's. She needs more time to build her own mini-universe in Jersey without her comic getting disrupted by other events.

Countdown to IvX.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

Has nebula always been just like her movie version? I'm mixing her up with various other cosmic Marvel ladies in my head.

I think she's traditionally been more antagonistic to Thanos than she is in the movie. Her big appearance was in Infinity Gauntlet where she steals the Gauntlet from him, but before that she'd been in Roger Stern's Avengers, where she was a space pirate who tried to reclaim Thanos's starship.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
She was back to space piraty things in the Thanos book.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Renew Your Vows 3 is good and Annie is adorable.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought the Groot issue of Guardians was lovely.

I also morbidly enjoyed the mental gymnastics Carol was going through to dodge the fact that she created the problem in Jessica Jones.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm at the point where I'm having problems physical fitting my entire collection, and a small budget problem. Is anyone doing Unlimited instead of picking up floppies?

I'm just wondering how you like the service. How reading it on an iPad is instead of paper. How annoying is it to read about something 6 months later?

I think I might just pear it down to my favorite series, and use Unlimited for everything else.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

IUG posted:

I'm at the point where I'm having problems physical fitting my entire collection, and a small budget problem. Is anyone doing Unlimited instead of picking up floppies?

I'm just wondering how you like the service. How reading it on an iPad is instead of paper. How annoying is it to read about something 6 months later?

I think I might just pear it down to my favorite series, and use Unlimited for everything else.

Never mind floppies, half the reason I got Unlimited is because I'm running out of space and didn't even want to keep buying trades anymore. And that covered Marvel, obviously. Now that I've got Comixology I pretty much don't need to buy trades from any publisher.

I haven't been current on comics for a long time so I don't care about being behind. Especially when being behind seems to matter more for event stuff and events are usually poo poo so who cares.

As for reading on a screen, even my phone, I love it. No creases, no fold/staples getting in the way. Colours pop like they never have before because everything's backlit. No ads. And the size of the comic is a function of your screen, so when I'm reading on my big computer monitor it's even bigger than the actual comic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

IUG posted:

It is good. Sure you are 6 months behind but it is cheap and saves space.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bendis/Marquez Netflix Defenders
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/defenders-marvel-brian-michael-bendis-bringing-back-comic-book-series-963406

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Surprised it didn't happen sooner.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's gonna be real good. Can't wait.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bendis on a team that's purely street level should be fine.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I am excited about Marquez drawing Daredevil.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Countdown to IvX.

She's in the event but her comic isn't part of it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has Bendis written Iron Fist much before? He's obviously done a lot of the other three, but what about Danny Rand?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Iron Fist was a part of Bendis' New Avengers team for a while. I think Bendis is reasonably familiar with him at this point.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Waaaaaa, so Uncanny Avengers didn't get canceled after the Marvel Now relaunches?

I thought they were just given an extra couple months to wrap up the Red Skull story, so this is great news!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aphrodite posted:

She's in the event but her comic isn't part of it.

HALLELUJAH!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lovechop posted:

man gwenpool has gotta be the last person i expected to show up in this jessica jones run

It was a good cameo

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IUG posted:

I went 100% digital awhile ago. I travel too much, and taking trades along was only a band-aid on a issue. I make enough that the dollar issue is non-existent, even though you come out way ahead with Unlimited. I thought I'd have an issue reading on a tablet, but an 8" one is big enough that I can view without any problems. Note that I am mostly an archive reader, so being months (in reality just a single story in most cases) behind is no problem for me.

If I wanted to be up to date, I'd probably go Comixology, though somehow you end up paying more for a digital issue than a print one. I'm not a huge fan of the hobby shop model, so anything that moves sales closer to what people actual buy versus what a shop orders seems like a positive to me. But I'll fully admit I've completely gotten loose of the LCS, and never did enjoy the locations and people I had to put up with to just buy comics to read.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
IvX #2 doesn't really sustain the momentum from issue 1, imo. There's a bunch of explodey action but it's mostly very...I don't wanna say slapdash, precisely, but it's the big fight we've all been waiting for and nothing too cool happens. Illyana just hops around teleporting people, Medusa gets pissed, and we're mostly done. I didn't even realize I'd been hoping for a Human Torch vs. Iceman match-up until the issue was over and we didn't get it. Instead the Torch gets taken out by...Sabretooth? Which seems...arbitrary.

I do kinda feel for the two Nuhumans on the run, surprisingly. Sure, their people might deserve to be purged in cleansing hellfire :buddy:, but the issue does set up a sort of sympathetic "Go! You're our last hope!" tone for them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they aren't really the last hope tho. like if the xmen win, nothing really happens to the inhumans. if the inhumans win, the xmen either die or leave the planet. not exactly even stakes here

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It's never not funny that Marvel tried to seriously compare the continent+ size cloud of gas that is lethal to the X-men to a jar of peanut butter in a school with kids who have allergies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont the Xmen live in a hell dimension now anyway?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they moved their school to limbo when this whole thing started and they're tired of it. which is fair imo

not all mutants live with them tho, so a lot of them just end up dead when the cloud passes over. if beast's right (lol) about what is gonna happen, eventually the cloud will break up and become part of the atmosphere. so they couldn't even visit earth because the air would kill them

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When was the last time Beast was right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

It's interesting to see artists try to split the difference between how Jessica's been drawn for the last decade and making her look like Krysten Ritter. The main adjustment seems to be ripped jeans and making her hair jet-black.

• Locked thread