Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

DancinBrud posted:

Did you make sure to turn your TV's motion smoothing off? That makes everything look worse, yet many new TVs seem to have it turned on by default.

I will check that. It probably is since I'm not terribly technical and running on default settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

If anything, I think it actually looks better now (though for how long that has been the case, I can't really say- it only just struck me). Not quite up to par with Clone Wars and its insane budget, but they've started using a lot more shadows and varied lighting that makes it seem much closer than the first season.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like this show but I feel like it ruins the original trilogy in that theres like 30 jedi running around my screen at a time and this is apparently only a few years/months before a new hope?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Empress Brosephine posted:

I like this show but I feel like it ruins the original trilogy in that theres like 30 jedi running around my screen at a time and this is apparently only a few years/months before a new hope?

There's 4 Jedi, two of which are subsequently in the original trilogy, and I think we've already established in the movies themselves that Obi Wan was lying through his teeth, about almost everything Jedi related, in order to prep Luke to confront and defeat Vader, and only admitted it when Luke finally caught each instance. "Your father was killed by Vader" (from a certain point of view), "You're the last hope" (no, there is another), etc

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 10, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
There's two Jedi left (outside of Obi-wan and Yoda). We're still two years out from Rogue One, and six years out from the moment where Luke will be the last of the Jedi per Yoda. So there's still time to take Ezra and Kanan off the board.

Maul isn't a Jedi, and Ahsoka isn't one either per the order and her own beliefs.

You then also have the non-Jedi Force users in the galaxy who don't count either, i.e. Maz, Chirrut, Bendu, etc..

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Teek posted:

Maul isn't a Jedi, and Ahsoka isn't one either per the order and her own beliefs.

You then also have the non-Jedi Force users in the galaxy who don't count either, i.e. Maz, Chirrut, etc..

There's also all those Inquisitors which adds up to a whooole bunch of people running around with lightsabers who aren't aren't Jedi or Sith.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There's also the race of force empaths from the Mace Jar Jar buddy cop story on TCW, unless Palpatine went on and wiped them out after finishing off the Night Sisters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And Snoke.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

"Luke, you are the last of the Jedi™."
*Jedi is a registered trademark of the Jedi Order, and is not intended to imply general force user.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 10, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's also all those Inquisitors which adds up to a whooole bunch of people running around with lightsabers who aren't aren't Jedi or Sith.

Are they all dead? Boy, their absence this year has really been addition by subtraction.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the ones who have appeared are dead but based on their names there should be a few more.

They could already be dead though.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Inquisitors aren't returning in Rebels anymore. I think they're kind of playing it by the ear on this one. They could all be dead or not, but they're not going to tell. Considering the Darth Vader comic, which is canon, never features them despite featuring some of Palpatine's backups for Darth Vader (none of which are force users) suggests that they're all dead by the end of a New Hope. But, it wouldn't be the first time Palptine lied about such things (see: Inquisitors and Emperor's Hand in Legends).

NTRabbit posted:

There's also the race of force empaths from the Mace Jar Jar buddy cop story on TCW, unless Palpatine went on and wiped them out after finishing off the Night Sisters.

I mean, they aren't Jedi. Jedi is a religious order with a particular belief system and actions. You can be a force sensitive, but being a Jedi requires a particular religious mindset. They're really trying to drive that home in nucannon.

Aphrodite posted:

And Snoke.

You mean Erza "Snoke" Bridgers? /s

thrawn527 posted:

"Luke, you are the last of the Jedi™."
*Jedi is a registered trademark of the Jedi Order, and is not intended to imply general force user.

Well, yeah. Jedi is a religion. So, saying you're the last Jedi means you're the last member of the religion. There were other force users, obliviously. The force is everywhere and in everything and its a big galaxy after all. Besides, Leia was also a force sensitive and he knew about her when he said that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe Obi-Wan didnt lie and it was Lucas' lovely writing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe it was lovely writing.

StarWarsLore.Txt

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They were going to let a little Anakin the Menace just go about his life as a backwater wizard. Probably right in hindsight, :argh: Qui-Gon you stubborn Irishman!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

All the ones who have appeared are dead but based on their names there should be a few more.

They could already be dead though.

Emperor Palpatine: "Spray paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on the sides of three Inquisitors and release them in the Lothal system, the Rebels will go nuts trying to find Inquisitor number three!"
Lord Vader: "It will be done, my master."

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 10, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Emperor Palpatine: "Spray paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on the sides of three Inquisitors and release them in the Lothal system, the Rebels will go nuts trying to find Inquisitor number three!"

God this is totally in-character for Sheev

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

"...so then I threw the senate at him! The whole thing. True story."

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 10, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

There's no such thing as Jedi. Never have been. The Jedi, just...there's never been any such thing as Jedi. You think there used to be Jedi? That's just sad! Now, lets talk about the Death Star. We're going to make the YUUGEST, most luxurious space station. Of all time. Just the best. We're going to make this station, it's going to be great, people will think it's a small moon. We're going to build this station, and we're going to make the outer systems pay for it. They're going to pay for it.

Back to 'only Luke can defeat the Sith' talk: Obi-Wan always did seem to have a thing for prophesied 'great ones.' And it also ties in to the theory that Luke and Leia are his, not Anikin's. He made Vader, so it's up to him and his kid to fix things.

Really, we were five minutes away from Vader being on the Springer show, talking about how much he loves Padme and his kids, and he's sorry he lost his temper, and he's going to try harder, then Jerry says 'Well, Anikin, Padme has a surprise for you. Turns out, those kids aren't actually yours! Lets meet the real father!' And out comes Obi-Wan, dancing away, and looking smug, talking smack like 'Looks like you weren't the Chosen One....IN BED, BITCH!' Then Vader goes after him, and it's JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!

Covok
May 27, 2013

TheCenturion posted:

There's no such thing as Jedi. Never have been. The Jedi, just...there's never been any such thing as Jedi. You think there used to be Jedi? That's just sad! Now, lets talk about the Death Star. We're going to make the YUUGEST, most luxurious space station. Of all time. Just the best. We're going to make this station, it's going to be great, people will think it's a small moon. We're going to build this station, and we're going to make the outer systems pay for it. They're going to pay for it.

Back to 'only Luke can defeat the Sith' talk: Obi-Wan always did seem to have a thing for prophesied 'great ones.' And it also ties in to the theory that Luke and Leia are his, not Anikin's. He made Vader, so it's up to him and his kid to fix things.

Really, we were five minutes away from Vader being on the Springer show, talking about how much he loves Padme and his kids, and he's sorry he lost his temper, and he's going to try harder, then Jerry says 'Well, Anikin, Padme has a surprise for you. Turns out, those kids aren't actually yours! Lets meet the real father!' And out comes Obi-Wan, dancing away, and looking smug, talking smack like 'Looks like you weren't the Chosen One....IN BED, BITCH!' Then Vader goes after him, and it's JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!

Yes, I was asking the Senate if they could pay for the Death Star. Yes, but, you got to see the picture here. This thing is bigly important. It's YUUGE! We need to front the cash then the outer systems will reimburse us. They're going to reimburse us! Don't let the lying crooked rebel media with their fake news trick you!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Covok posted:

There were other force users, obliviously.
This should be the next thread title.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I dunno "When gone am I, the last of the force users with a lightsaber formally recognized by surviving members of our monastic religion of the Jedi Order you will be, counting not that one guy just kinda recognized by the Force itself who was, or anyone who just stop identifying as a Jedi did" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How dare you assume my force wielder identity.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Covok posted:

Yes, I was asking the Senate if they could pay for the Death Star. Yes, but, you got to see the picture here. This thing is bigly important. It's YUUGE! We need to front the cash then the outer systems will reimburse us. They're going to reimburse us! Don't let the lying crooked rebel media with their fake news trick you!
There's an entire Twitter account dedicated to this and it's pretty well executed. Emperor Trumpatine.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like you guys are presenting a lore that is too complex and detailed for a childrens cartoon

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

i feel like you guys are presenting a lore that is too complex and detailed for a childrens cartoon

Welcome to the Star Wars fandom.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Can you elaborate? I tend to think the basics are easy to grasp but I'd be interested to hear another take.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I spent last the week or so catching up on this show and found my self really enjoying it. I never watched the Clone Wars, if I'm liking this would you guys recommend that I go back and watch that too?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Veotax posted:

I spent last the week or so catching up on this show and found my self really enjoying it. I never watched the Clone Wars, if I'm liking this would you guys recommend that I go back and watch that too?

But be prepared for a rough pilot movie, first season, and a few real clunkers here and there. Most of it is good though.

And by now you've seen what Ahsoka becomes, so maybe her starting out as an annoying brat may sit easier with you than with people who didn't know where her character would be going back when the show originally aired.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

"All of it" is a great recommendation, but if that seems intimidating or if you're only interested in the cream of the crop, my essential episodes guide is linked in the OP of the thread. Can't go wrong no matter what with Clone Wars!

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

TheCenturion posted:

Or maybe Obi-Wan was actually hoping for Luke to rescue Vader from the dark side - something that pretty much never could have happened with a total stranger such as Ezra or Kanan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dave Syndrome posted:

But be prepared for a rough pilot movie, first season, and a few real clunkers here and there. Most of it is good though.

And by now you've seen what Ahsoka becomes, so maybe her starting out as an annoying brat may sit easier with you than with people who didn't know where her character would be going back when the show originally aired.

I still sort of miss her calling R2 "Artooie". I thought that was kinda cute. Skyguy can gently caress right off though.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The only Clone Wars worth watching end to end is the 2003 miniseries

The reboot series definitely has its moments but the early seasons suffer heavily from being a kids show made for children, and even as it improves every season has way too many 4Kidz Entertainment style filler episodes

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I think the high volume of EU content fools you into thinking it's complex because it's not particularly so

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Nina posted:

I think the high volume of EU content fools you into thinking it's complex because it's not particularly so

A new superweapon has been developed my a cloned Emperor! Again!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Again a super weapon or again a cloned emperor?:v:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Colonial Air Force posted:

A new superweapon has been developed my a cloned Emperor! Again!

Finally! Schedule a Mofference!

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Gaz-L posted:

I still sort of miss her calling R2 "Artooie". I thought that was kinda cute. Skyguy can gently caress right off though.

Way back when the Ahsoka/Vader confrontation was first teased, I had this vision of him calling her "Snips" to get her to lose her poo poo.
In the end, though, with considering what we got, flippancy wouldn't have worked in that moment.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Dave Syndrome posted:

Way back when the Ahsoka/Vader confrontation was first teased, I had this vision of him calling her "Snips" to get her to lose her poo poo.
In the end, though, with considering what we got, flippancy wouldn't have worked in that moment.

Agreed. I'm glad they did what they did with the dialog.

*E* "Then you will die braver than most" is a drat good line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Veotax posted:

It's better than this show in every way, so yes.

• Locked thread