Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

Finally part of the rainbow crystal and 5* base crew: Got a Mercedes on daily, felt lucky and pulled again and got a rainbow! Got Noctis instead of Dark Fina though so I can't complain.

Probably a BETTER pull than DFina if they ever unnerf him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh yeah, Noctis' bag of tricks is great and I'd prefer him over others like Lightning and Luneth for his versatility (although having a DW TM helps here). I was hoping for Dark Fina since I have a dozen friend Noctis and really, wining the coin flip and praying that my first rainbow wasn't going to be some 3/4* base as a 5*.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the wiki has lightning listed as better than noctis and honestly i just dont see it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

rabidsquid posted:

the wiki has lightning listed as better than noctis and honestly i just dont see it

Dual Wield.

Like, you guys underestimate how fuckin' good innate Dual Wield is, even if the character's toolbox isn't as great.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Scrublord Prime posted:

Oh yeah, Noctis' bag of tricks is great and I'd prefer him over others like Lightning and Luneth for his versatility (although having a DW TM helps here). I was hoping for Dark Fina since I have a dozen friend Noctis and really, wining the coin flip and praying that my first rainbow wasn't going to be some 3/4* base as a 5*.

You will appreciate the chaining with those friend Noctis units now that you have your own.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Dias posted:

Dual Wield.

Like, you guys underestimate how fuckin' good innate Dual Wield is, even if the character's toolbox isn't as great.

This. The ratings are based off right out of the box dudes with No TMs. Don't be surprised if when Orlandu is released, he also is rated below Lightning and Luneth.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
See also: why Luka is rated the same as Refia on the wiki.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AegisP posted:

See also: why Luka is rated the same as Refia on the wiki.

Did you read her abilities? They're friggen great. Priestess Miracle is Curaja + Esunaga for 25mp, Regenerate is Curaja for 3 turns for 12mp, she regens 5% MP and 60(SPR x 1.2) automatically each turn, Deep Blue is Embolden but DEF/SPR instead of DEF/ATK, also Stona, Raise, Curaga, and Cleanse. Really the only thing that makes Refia "better" is Embolden for attack teams and Full-Raise instead of just Raise. Also, Lukas LB is a Heal + SPR Buff that gets SIGNIFICANTLY better when you level it up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
With no TMs and no holy element sword Orlandu's solid but not amazing.
With a holy sword (I think there's a non-TM one at some point) he's easily on par with Lightning or Luneth.
An Orlandu with dual wield and loaded with TM gear? No contest. Not even close.

People are not joking when they say a pair of Orlandus can out damage entire (good) parties on their own. That -50% holy resist coupled with the easily chained hits of holy explosion means you are going to do an utterly disgusting amount of damage, especially if they're dual wielding. Thenyou have things like the built in status effect resists.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

McSpankWich posted:

Did you read her abilities? They're friggen great. Priestess Miracle is Curaja + Esunaga for 25mp, Regenerate is Curaja for 3 turns for 12mp, she regens 5% MP and 60(SPR x 1.2) automatically each turn, Deep Blue is Embolden but DEF/SPR instead of DEF/ATK, also Stona, Raise, Curaga, and Cleanse. Really the only thing that makes Refia "better" is Embolden for attack teams and Full-Raise instead of just Raise. Also, Lukas LB is a Heal + SPR Buff that gets SIGNIFICANTLY better when you level it up.

i don't know if this is a "no TMs" argument or not but dualcast makes Refia way better on account of abilities vs spells, but yeah Luka seems pretty great

Evil Fluffy posted:

With no TMs and no holy element sword Orlandu's solid but not amazing.
With a holy sword (I think there's a non-TM one at some point) he's easily on par with Lightning or Luneth.
An Orlandu with dual wield and loaded with TM gear? No contest. Not even close.

People are not joking when they say a pair of Orlandus can out damage entire (good) parties on their own. That -50% holy resist coupled with the easily chained hits of holy explosion means you are going to do an utterly disgusting amount of damage, especially if they're dual wielding. Thenyou have things like the built in status effect resists.

the event for the orlandu release comes with a holy sword

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

In a scenario with no TMs, yes. Which is what I was replying to in agreement with in the previous comment you posted.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
In the Frosty event, what would have qualified as 1 participation point and what was the reward?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AegisP posted:

In a scenario with no TMs, yes. Which is what I was replying to in agreement with in the previous comment you posted.

Oh heh, sorry, I read that as "See also: Why is Luka above Refia," not an explanation. My bad

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

In the Frosty event, what would have qualified as 1 participation point and what was the reward?

Clearing the very first stage? You would have been eligible for group rewards IIRC

Edit: And ranking awards, which would have been 100 lapis.
Editx2: The group rewards would have been 5x Summon Tickets, 5x Mini Power Pots, 5x Mini Shield Pots, 5x Mini Smart Pots, 5x Mini Soul Pots, 2x Burst Pots.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 11, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Haha that new EXVIUS Point system JP got sounds ridiculous. It's basically a reward tier system for buying Lapis. You unlock all rewards at ~$450 spent and they include stuff like guaranteed 4* tickets, 5* tickets and even a pretty good DPS Unit "Lorraine" (Altema 98/100) only obtainable by spending $450 at least once. The rewards reset like the arena medal thing and you can do it all again.

Please Gumi we need this. Just let the unique unit be Sheriff Trump, all western style sprite with two big rear end Colts. Also make him greater than Orlandu DPS wise. I would spend $450 on that.

edit: Lorraines info https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/649 that TM holy poo poo! Can you spell powercreep for me again

Vax fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 11, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

AegisP posted:

Clearing the very first stage? You would have been eligible for group rewards IIRC

Edit: And ranking awards, which would have been 100 lapis.
Editx2: The group rewards would have been 5x Summon Tickets, 5x Mini Power Pots, 5x Mini Shield Pots, 5x Mini Smart Pots, 5x Mini Soul Pots, 2x Burst Pots.

I was just curious since when I made the attempt when it 1st came out my units were no where near ready and got trounced in seconds.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Vax posted:

Haha that new EXVIUS Point system JP got sounds ridiculous. It's basically a reward tier system for buying Lapis. You unlock all rewards at ~$450 spent and they include stuff like guaranteed 4* tickets, 5* tickets and even a pretty good DPS Unit "Lorraine" only obtainable by spending $450 at least once. The rewards reset like the arena medal thing and you can do it all again.

Please Gumi we need this. Just let the unique unit be Sheriff Trump, all western style sprite with two big rear end Colts. Also make him greater than Orlandu DPS wise. I would spend $450 on that.

edit: Lorraines info https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/649 that TM holy poo poo! Can you spell powercreep for me again

You get Sheriff Ariana

Dual wields whips.

Stronger than Orranaranddroue

Can sing and attack at the same time

DW+++++++ at lvl 100 to make those whips hit harder than Honey Boo Boo's BSDM dungeon Mistress

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vax posted:

Haha that new EXVIUS Point system JP got sounds ridiculous. It's basically a reward tier system for buying Lapis. You unlock all rewards at ~$450 spent and they include stuff like guaranteed 4* tickets, 5* tickets and even a pretty good DPS Unit "Lorraine" (Altema 98/100) only obtainable by spending $450 at least once. The rewards reset like the arena medal thing and you can do it all again.

Thats who I was talking about earlier. She's loving insane. The healer is also loving broken.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Vax posted:

Can you spell powercreep for me again

P o w e r c r
https://twitter.com/ryokutaichi/status/819149084816609282
eeeeeeeeeeeh

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
look at the garbage other stats though haha

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is that SoM main character?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Dias posted:

Yes, it very much looks like it. Goddamn, Gumi had better not skip the Secret of Mana collaborations for Global like DeNA has for FFRK. I want SoM!

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Sorry, there is only room for talentless pop stars.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
one less one less problem

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Wow, "Dual wield but better" is basically the definition of power creep, I like that they locked it behind the spend money character too, very classy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stole these from a Reddit thread.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It's not quite a train, but it still makes me laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2o61mA6Rg

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

quote:

Onion Knight's Sword (135 atk)
Prishe's Hair Ornament (45 atk)
Demon's Chestpiece (12 atk)
Desh's Earring (45 atk) x2
Doublehand x4

Now it makes sense. e: Doublehand does not stack on global, kinda makes one think it was a corrected mistake

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 12, 2017

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Now it makes sense. e: Doublehand does not stack on global, kinda makes one think it was a corrected mistake

That unit also just got this as an enhancement.
+100% ATK/+35% DEF/SPR when equipped with Sword & Equip ATK Bonus +100% when only using one hand

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fiss posted:

That unit also just got this as an enhancement.
+100% ATK/+35% DEF/SPR when equipped with Sword & Equip ATK Bonus +100% when only using one hand

It also got a loving 100% damage increase active buff that unlocks 2 nukes. Like onion knight level nukes. So he went from one of the most outclassed base 5* classes of the game to one of the most retarded.

gumi what the gently caress are you doing

jesus christ the last series of enhancements

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So tonight I figured out how to get chrome remote desktop to work on my iPhone. Now I can check Memu for crashes and fix them from my office desk the office breakroom when I take 15.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Dias posted:

Yes it's Randi(?), look at his weapon selection. He shouldn't be allowed to use shields, though Gumi clearly realized this mistake and made sure to award people who use him properly. :colbert:

Don't expect the SoM collab though. It didn't happen in FFRK either.

MrLonghair posted:

Doublehand not stacking no global sucks for us, but it was correct from a game balance perspective.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 12, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm now certain the source of 99% of FFBE crashes on Nox are due to Today's Pick. Can it be murdered and deleted somehow?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes it's Randi(?), look at his weapon selection. He shouldn't be allowed to use shields, though Gumi clearly realized this mistake and made sure to award people who use him properly. :colbert:

Don't expect the SoM collab though. It didn't happen in FFRK either.

Doublehand not stacking no global sucks for us, but it was correct from a game balance perspective.

I don't agree with this at all. If they cared about game balance, they would ban dual wield entirely. Dual Wield with nothing else is roughly a billion times more broken than doublehand stacking on almost every character. Personally, I don't care either way, but that argument that stacking doublehand is broken is just laughable when he have skills like dual wield and double cast.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I am trying to justify who will be my main healer, and I am back and forth on it.

Right now my squad is:
CoD
Charlotte
Vaan
Exdeath

I am back and forth right now between Lenna and Terra. A rank 75 friend and the unit reviews point me towards Lenna because of Cheer, but Terra has Raise. So with my train of thought, if I HAVE to use Lenna, I have to bounce some one for Tellah for his Raise, which is likely Exdeath due to similar fighting traits. CoD's DPS is too high, Charlotte is showing to be a stout tank at max 5* right now, and Vaan's Full Break will just be too much to give up.

Am I over prioritizing Raise?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I would choose Curaja over Raise, since Phoenix Downs exist but the alternative don't in item form. So Lenna.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The best way to handle dead characters is to keep them from dying :v:

Go with Lenna, Cheer is a great party wide attack and defense buff and she gets curaja while Terra is stuck with cura. Plus Lenna has esuna for most status ailments (Petrify is cured by stona but not esuna. You can craft stona too, the recipe is in the first town. Check the wiki because it can be dumb to find)

I'm still using Lenna as a healer and I've cleared all story content and can do most of the hard event content. Those that I couldn't raise wasn't gonna help (gently caress you Golbez and your AoE death)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Dual Cast isn't as busted as Dual Wield is though.

Dual Wield is just on a different level.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Mugaaz posted:

I don't agree with this at all. If they cared about game balance, they would ban dual wield entirely. Dual Wield with nothing else is roughly a billion times more broken than doublehand stacking on almost every character. Personally, I don't care either way, but that argument that stacking doublehand is broken is just laughable when he have skills like dual wield and double cast.

they care aobut game balance in so much that being able to stack 4 doublehands basically would make any unit powerful enough to compare to a base 5✪. That said, enchancements have thrown balance so far out the window that i wonder why people even worry about orlandu anymore,because he'll be outclassed by more easier to get units in less time then people spent waiting and hoarding summons for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Dual Cast isn't as busted as Dual Wield is though.

Dual Wield is just on a different level.

They need to at least reduce spell MP cost with DC to get it anywhere near competitive to DW. The fact that DW's second hit doesn't cost MP is like kicking a dude while he's already down.

• Locked thread