Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

UW-Platteville for the longest time didn't have a "mascot" (they were called the Pioneers though). They picked one up recently.

Also they have the World's Largest M, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Joey Freshwater posted:

High School but one of the schools I went to were the Spongers. Like the guy that dives and goes and gets sponges from the ocean. We were that guy.

high schools have insane names, the ones near me were Pretzels, Hubs, Barbs, etc

central illinois had the Fisher Bunnies and Pekin Chinks (until that got changed in the mid 80s)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scarf posted:

It's pretty great

That's an amazing logo: :eyepop:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

high schools have insane names, the ones near me were Pretzels, Hubs, Barbs, etc

My college roommate went to DeKalb and I was extremely jealous of all his badass Barb gear

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

central illinois had the Fisher Bunnies and Pekin Chinks (until that got changed in the mid 80s)

Syrupmakers
Atom Smashers
Angoras

Alas all the new schools go with generic poo poo like Knights or Titans.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Gettysburg College Bullets.

Our mascot was even worse.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dilber posted:

:stonklol:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Dilber posted:

it looks like the Orange Bowl mascot after a gastric bypass

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Joey Freshwater posted:

High School but one of the schools I went to were the Spongers. Like the guy that dives and goes and gets sponges from the ocean. We were that guy.

Tarpon Springs?

Also I'm surprised there aren't more coastal schools with a shark mascot. Like UCF/USF should be the Sharks instead of their current lame nicknames.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 11, 2017

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Donald Trumps penis

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

mastershakeman posted:

Personal favorite is the Winters Blizzards. They are represented by an anthropomorphized winter tornado.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

Donald Trumps penis

Can't be, it's standing erect.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Luke Falk returning for senior season, Husky fans rejoice

Hooray

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

A coworker and I just had the the dumb school team names conversation yesterday.

I have no idea what a red hurricane has to do with Western Pennsylvania. :psyduck:

Edit: For at least one year we had a re-envisioned mascot that was basically an upside-down red poop. We've moved on, thankfully.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I can say with total confidence that this, unquestionably, is me.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If my Facebook friends are any indication, insecure and boastful ACC fans are trying their best to supplant insecure and boastful SEC fans as the top dog in Vicarious Success Land.

Meth Orange.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Alas all the new schools go with generic poo poo like Knights or Titans.

My high school hired its first coach before they had a name for the team when they built the place in the 50s. His last name was Knight, so we became the Knights then and there. When I was in high school, our coach had the last name King.

Unfortunately, both King and his Knights were terrible and the Pittsburgh newspapers never got a chance to use the puns and "clever" article titles you'd want.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hunter Renfroe listens to PFTCommenter

https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/819217460498993153

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Thank you for this nick

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Harbaugh's thoughts on the championship game:

"Well, I heard it was a great game," Harbaugh said. "I have it TiVo'd. I fell asleep. But I heard it was an incredible game."

https://twitter.com/FanSportsClips/status/818982560885682176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dilber posted:

The fighting used tampon is a good mascot IMO.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wonder where SDSU is going to play now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dilber posted:

They should try a little harder. Compare that thing to RISD's Scrotie and just weep at your lack of design Gettysburg.

:nws: http://www.risd.edu/about/news/scrotie_responds/

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

angryrobots posted:

Harbaugh's thoughts on the championship game:

"Well, I heard it was a great game," Harbaugh said. "I have it TiVo'd. I fell asleep. But I heard it was an incredible game."

https://twitter.com/FanSportsClips/status/818982560885682176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

To be fair, Harbaugh strikes me as the type to get up at 4:15 am everyday to do a workout that includes 5 and 7 step drops.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Harbaugh seems like someone you could gaslight really easy and probably really gently caress up his life because it seems like it would be intensely regimented and ordered.

What I'm saying is how can we gaslight Harbaugh?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Apparently back stage at the AFCA awards last night, Rick Neuheisel noticed Harbaugh wearing a blue suit. He jokingly asked Harbaugh where his khakis were. Harbaugh stated, "I'm wearing my blue khakis."

Harbaugh thinks all slacks are khakis.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Kansas State with a preseason ranking? Sign me the gently caress up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Frankel/status/819184576123768832

This man is an angel on Earth

also

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, that trophy is so terrible.

A WWE-style title belt would be much better.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I love that some of y'all hate Harbaugh so much that every little joke or comment he makes you dive in to dissect and see where you can throw in a dig.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

someone on Reddit posted:

Three out of the last four years, Will Muschamp's in-state rival has won the national championship.

2013 - Muschamp is HC at Florida, FSU wins.

2015 - Muschamp is DC at Auburn, Alabama wins.

2016 - Muschamp is HC at South Carolina, Clemson wins.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

I love that some of y'all hate Harbaugh so much that every little joke or comment he makes you dive in to dissect and see where you can throw in a dig.

he is a weird dude and thats ok

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Again i just want to reiterate gently caress Muschamp

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Regnevelc posted:

I love that if anyone says anything about that weirdo you come rushing in to protect his E-honor like you are his cousin or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's usually not reg doing that

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Harbaugh is still mad and his petty response shows it. And that's worth noticing.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Oops, got my Michigan men mixed up

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
We use this forum to mock virtually every well known coach in the sport for the dumb stuff they say or do.

A mod once spent real life time and money dedicating a website to making fun of a coach for having epilepsy and we thought it was the funniest loving thing ever.

MourningView posted:

It's usually not reg doing that

You sure? I think it is him. Pretty sure he's yelled at me like 3 times thinking when I post about Harbaugh it's because VT lost that Sugar Bowl and why am I even bothering posting about Michigan because VT isn't a rival.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 12, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I will never apologize for hating Harbaugh, Meyer, and Bielema, you hear me? Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Emron posted:

I will never apologize for hating Harbaugh, Meyer, and Bielema, you hear me? Never.

Every time something bad happened to Bielema in their bowl, I laughed. I hate coaches that use Wisconsin as a launch pad up to other places.

• Locked thread