Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm not talking incontinence; I'm talking about people who pissed in closets because they literally thought they were in the bathroom. I guess I'm just more used to seeing extreme drinking here in Wisconsin.

Isn't that the famously DUI friendly state because the legislators are alcoholics?

Note: I say this coming from a hick place full of alcoholics too, no judgment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
^^
Yes

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I stopped taking ambien when I suddenly snapped into consciousness in my car in a CVS parking lot. The last conscious thought I had was in while I was in bed several hours earlier. I didn't even wake up. It was like my eyes were already open but my brain suddenly started back up.

Ambien is the most mind loving drug I've ever done. Way weirder than LSD.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Btw, if I had one euro for every "Seven centuries of Reconquista and you to do this!!!"...

"Seven centuries of Reconquista, and you don't want to see me jump out of a cake? I'm insulted."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
when I lived in Minnesota, people would drive to Wisconsin for booze because it was so much more readily available (e.g. Sundays). I think Wisconsin is the state where under-21s can drink if their parents give it to them, too. Major boozers.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Grandad's cool art causing trouble

I already checked she didn't post the coat of arms

show up if you google "reconquista beheading, moor coat of arms"

Guess we can use our imagination :shobon:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Grandad's cool art causing trouble

I already checked she didn't post the coat of arms

I am Don Charles de la Hebdo, behold my heraldic crest!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

when I lived in Minnesota, people would drive to Wisconsin for booze because it was so much more readily available (e.g. Sundays). I think Wisconsin is the state where under-21s can drink if their parents give it to them, too. Major boozers.

Yes, at any age. I could get a drink at 12 at a restaurant if my parents said it was OK.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I don't believe 'black out drunk' is real in that way. I mean look I fully believe you can't remember poo poo the next day because you were just so wasted (although tbh, even then... gently caress you rear end in a top hat you remember that!) but uh idc how drunk I am it's not gonna change my core personality to the point that now I'm trying to rape my friends.

People use that as a way to excuse so much lovely behavior and it is really irritating to me.

As a dedicated alcoholic, I agree. Like I might post some poo poo that I wouldn't normally say on Facebook and once a year I'll start a dumb argument with my gf (arguing dickishly about something that I do believe, but wouldn't normally make a big deal of), but I'm not gonna rape someone or smack a bitch or something.

e: the other issue here is they hadn't been drinking for like 3 hours. The guy had started sobering up. Obviously if he was totally smashed he wouldn't be anywhere near even barely drunk driving levels yet but he did this poo poo when he wasn't even as drunk as he had been earlier. The "I thought you were my girlfriend" is possible but to me that level of intoxication doesn't jibe with quitting drinking three hours earlier and having maintained a coherent conversation after you had quit drinking.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 11, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

show up if you google "reconquista beheading, moor coat of arms"

Guess we can use our imagination :shobon:

I like that Aragon is just heads, the guys making the other one (alcanadre by an image search) must've thought "that's pretty good, but we need to make sure people know these are dead Moors, put some blood on there"

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

^^
Yes

Ambien is the most mind loving drug I've ever done. Way weirder than LSD.

Definitely. I did so much insane poo poo when I was taking prescribed doses of it. I remember the night I was desperately calling my friends sobbing because there were two skinned dinosaurs loving in my kitchen but I had forgotten how to use the stairs to get to my bedroom. I just looked at them and could not understand what I was supposed to do.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

Yes, at any age. I could get a drink at 12 at a restaurant if my parents said it was OK.

Wow. While I see no problem with this whatsoever, as long as it's responsibly supervised by parents (lol it won't be in Wisconsin), that's another crazy world from where I grew up in Michigan. Michigan has very permissive alcohol laws too, compared to many other states, but I can't even imagine what that's like growing up.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

quote:

Should my husband have to walk his own dirty dishes from the office to the kitchen?[new]

submitted an hour ago by throwawayaccount8933

Should my husband have to walk his own dirty dishes from the office to the kitchen?

I realize how obsurd this sounds no matter which side you fall. Let me explain. My husband works from home, about ~40-50 hours 6 months out of the year and ~20 hours or less the other 6 months. During his busiest times I am his assisstant, answering calls, handling paperwork, etc. Otherwise, I am a housewife and we have no kids. The only real "expectations" I have of my husband is walking trash to the trash can twice a week, and to take care of himself. To me, putting your own dirty dishes in the sink, putting your dirty clothes in a hamper, putting your trash in a trash can is reasonable thing to expect from him. He believes otherwise.

So I'm asking, since I am a housewife the majority of the time, am I being unreasonable to expect him to put his clothes in the hamper, dishes in the sink, trash in a trash can? Because he thinks its acceptable to throw his laundry anywhere, leave dishes anywhere and trash where ever and that it is my job to clean it.

tldr; should my husband have to pick up after himself or is that my job as a housewife?

Thoughts? Solutions?

Edit: He's also likely going to comment about how much/little he believes I do to derail the conversation. But the only question I'm asking is whether a grown adult male with a housewife should still have to do basic things like put their clothes in a hamper, dishes in sink, trash in a trash can. It just seems like pretty basic personal care to me

Oh goody! Here's one where the husband shows up in the comments to defend himself!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Wow. While I see no problem with this whatsoever, as long as it's responsibly supervised by parents (lol it won't be in Wisconsin), that's another crazy world from where I grew up in Michigan. Michigan has very permissive alcohol laws too, compared to many other states, but I can't even imagine what that's like growing up.

it's like being in france, most european countries have sensible pragmatic attitudes to alcohol.

kids being served wine mixed with water in france is not unusual.

america is actually, compared to the rest of the world (again) the one with the hosed up laws about booze.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Definitely. I did so much insane poo poo when I was taking prescribed doses of it. I remember the night I was desperately calling my friends sobbing because there were two skinned dinosaurs loving in my kitchen but I had forgotten how to use the stairs to get to my bedroom. I just looked at them and could not understand what I was supposed to do.

This sounds legit amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The kids are being supervised by experienced alcoholics

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

e: the other issue here is they hadn't been drinking for like 3 hours. The guy had started sobering up.

Hell yeah that's a really good point that didn't even occur to me.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

JFairfax posted:

it's like being in france, most european countries have sensible pragmatic attitudes to alcohol.

kids being served wine mixed with water in france is not unusual.

america is actually, compared to the rest of the world (again) the one with the hosed up laws about booze.

Right. France and much of Europe is sensible about alcohol compared to goddamn Wisconsin, so I don't really think you can compare a dignified wine culture to a bunch of alcoholic Packers fans. Of course, we as Americans wouldn't be super weird about alcohol like that if we didn't have puritanical hangups about drinking, but that's a fun pipe dream.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't read the husband's comments but I bet he's a man child

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

almightyerin posted:

He's also likely going to comment about how much/little he believes I do to derail the conversation. But the only question I'm asking is whether a grown adult male with a housewife should still have to do basic things like put their clothes in a hamper, dishes in sink, trash in a trash can. It just seems like pretty basic personal care to me

Oh goody! Here's one where the husband shows up in the comments to defend himself!

It's super obvious they already know the answer to this question and they're just looking to gather a bunch of Reddit posts to link at their husband. Jesus just leave his poo poo on the floor and let him live in squalor till he can figure out how to do bare minimum poo poo like "moving dishes so you can clean them"

quote:

This is her husband. I want to give all the context here:

My wife, as stated has about 10 hours a week of housework to do. It's a 1 bedroom apartment and we have no kids.

We buy all our food from Whole Foods. Most of it is pre prepared so her cooking duties are pretty minimal. I made myself lunch 45 minutes ago.

The dishes are on my desk where I used them while attempting to be productive. I see cleaning the office as something that falls under 'general housework' and further I see the 3 little plates, 1 bowl, and 2 mugs that are currently sitting on it as part of the office.

We don't have actual assigned hampers or anything, it's nowhere near that organized.

My wife doesn't like to go places alone. She doesn't like to make phone calls. I do all of that for her. I do that because I love her and I'm more than willing to do stuff that really bothers her so she doesn't have to.

I feel like I have to say it again... My wife has no kids and works 10 hours a week or less on the apartment. I spend 4-5 hours a week just walking our dogs. I take out the trash.

Reddit we're real people with real issues just like everyone else. I'm kind of a slob. She knew that when she married me. I make a good living and I work pretty hard for it. She neglects to mention that my work is pretty stressful and requires a lot of careful thought and involves tons of responsibility. I probably do 3-4x as much work as she does and my work is significantly harder. Saying that she's the servant in our relationship while she sits on her 250 dollar office chair at her 400 dollar desk in her 1200 dollar a month apartment eating her 8 dollar food because I won't help her do her insanely minimal work is pretty silly imo.

But what do I know I'm just a stupid man.

These people both sound like idiots, I'm glad to hear it seems like they are cloistered in their house to bother each other 99% of the time

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 11, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

first month i was on ambien i had had insomnia for around 15 years and was so used to sleeping maybe 3 hours a night that i kept going to bed at my normal super late time and waking up while the ambien was still in my system. I've never had issues with sleepwalking on ambien, I always wake up where I put myself, but I've also had plenty of times where I felt I was completely OK and was so hosed out of my mind on ambien that I thought leprechauns were real. In that first month I had full blown hallucinations at work on 3 separate occasions and one on the way to work that almost got me killed. The weirdest ones were the time a leprechaun ran across my desk and hid behind the bowl I used for ramen, and that time I saw a dude in a trenchcoat and fedora sitting in my back seat while I was driving down the interstate

ambien really changed my life for the better and I am a success story but it is an unbelievably weird drug and dangerous enough that it should probably be a little harder to get

protip: never mix ambien with weed or liquor you will do something stupid that you will later regret guaranteed

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I (26/F) have a boyfriend (26/M) who really wants to be a cat. What do I do?

u/rizzle3451h

I need advice. I've been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and he desperately wants to be a cat. He constantly meows at me and even hisses. He loves to rub his face up against mine and purr, pretending that he is a cat greeting me and then waits for me to pet him. I am not the biggest fan of cats, but they are growing on me. I just don't know if I should play along with him or tell him that this has gotten out of hand. What should I do?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Pro-tier boner hider here

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

u/rizzle3451h

I need advice. I've been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and he desperately wants to be a cat. He constantly meows at me and even hisses. He loves to rub his face up against mine and purr, pretending that he is a cat greeting me and then waits for me to pet him. I am not the biggest fan of cats, but they are growing on me. I just don't know if I should play along with him or tell him that this has gotten out of hand. What should I do?

ah i wondered what happened to the crawling backwards while meowing goon

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

u/rizzle3451h

sounds like her boyfriend should probably be dating a furry and not a normal human person

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
She should play along with him as the rear end in a top hat cat that doesn't get along with anyone by swatting at him and pissing all over his stuff.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Extradition: How Likely is extradition from EU to USA for darknet vendor...

u/anonitmouse38m

Hello. I will make this a pretty generic question as to not hint towards the case. If someone I know (dual citizen) fled to eu to avoid state charges of firearm poss. poss. with intent. and various other charges stemming from purchases and sales on darknet. but the total amount of drugs found was not substantial <$2000 and sales were also <$15,000 how likely is it that they will seek extradition considering there were no victims, etc..? Also how much does international extradition typically cost? Also this is a country that will extradite its own citizens. Who is the decision of weather to extradite or not ultimately up to? Also who decides if the case goes from state to federal or not?

Thanks in advance. Please only answer with helpful answers my friend is in desperate need.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

u/rizzle3451h

he's just trying to hide a boner. he should contact a doctor if he wants to be a cat for more than 4 hrs. i wonder if he has purrapism.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

lol that guy is so hosed

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol someone finally got tired of my avatar, funny I was gonna replace it with something like this myself eventually

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
there will be no victims of these drugs, or guns

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Lol someone finally got tired of my avatar, funny I was gonna replace it with something like this myself eventually

I can't be the only one who always did a double take when they saw a banned poster making posts.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

u/rizzle3451h

She should already know that everybody wants to be a cat
Cuz a cat's the only cat
Who knows where it's at

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

u/rizzle3451h

put on some cat ears and gently caress, duh

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

u/anonitmouse38m

Hello. I will make this a pretty generic question as to not hint towards the case. If someone I know (dual citizen) fled to eu to avoid state charges of firearm poss. poss. with intent. and various other charges stemming from purchases and sales on darknet. but the total amount of drugs found was not substantial <$2000 and sales were also <$15,000 how likely is it that they will seek extradition considering there were no victims, etc..? Also how much does international extradition typically cost? Also this is a country that will extradite its own citizens. Who is the decision of weather to extradite or not ultimately up to? Also who decides if the case goes from state to federal or not?

Thanks in advance. Please only answer with helpful answers my friend is in desperate need.

the darknet market subreddits are so loving great for this sort of thing

I read this story the other day, it might even be the same guy, where this dude bought a russian shotgun off the darknet directly from a vendor in the baltic over a darknet market, and posted to the subreddit outraged, trying to talk down the vendor as a scammer because the vendor made "some bullshit claim about it getting seized by customs" which came as a total shocker to him because he thought this sale was totally legal and above board (despite taking place on the darknet over encryption using more or less untraceable currency) and how could customs take a gun he legally purchased? Well, it turns out this gun he was trying to buy (the military version of the SAIGA-12) is a gun that is specifically banned by law in the US so even if it was an above board sale it would have been illegal and he was getting it shipped direct to his house, he should have known he couldn't do that legally and that any vendor willing to have it shipped direct to his house wouldn't be legitimate.

By the time the thread was over he was talking about draining his bank accounts and fleeing the country for europe before the legal consequences made their way down to him. Apparently he had another gun that was in transit that hadn't shown up as expected, so even if they didn't raid him the first time, lol if they were going to let two illegal military firearms shipped to the same address pass. He was some dumb rich kid who lived with his parents, lol.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mirthless posted:

the darknet market subreddits are so loving great for this sort of thing

I read this story the other day, it might even be the same guy, where this dude bought a russian shotgun off the darknet directly from a vendor in the baltic over a darknet market, and posted to the subreddit outraged, trying to talk down the vendor as a scammer because the vendor made "some bullshit claim about it getting seized by customs" which came as a total shocker to him because he thought this sale was totally legal and above board (despite taking place on the darknet over encryption using more or less untraceable currency) and how could customs take a gun he legally purchased? Well, it turns out this gun he was trying to buy (the military version of the SAIGA-12) is a gun that is specifically banned by law in the US so even if it was an above board sale it would have been illegal and he was getting it shipped direct to his house, he should have known he couldn't do that legally and that any vendor willing to have it shipped direct to his house wouldn't be legitimate.

By the time the thread was over he was talking about draining his bank accounts and fleeing the country for europe before the legal consequences made their way down to him. Apparently he had another gun that was in transit that hadn't shown up as expected, so even if they didn't raid him the first time, lol if they were going to let two illegal military firearms shipped to the same address pass. He was some dumb rich kid who lived with his parents, lol.

I'm pretty sure there's no "military version" of a Saiga-12 that's banned in the United States. Saigas are pretty common here in all sorts of configurations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm pretty sure there's no "military version" of a Saiga-12 that's banned in the United States. Saigas are pretty common here in all sorts of configurations.

OK right I found what it was:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13662

Obama specifically banned the import of firearms by this manufacturer apparently per wikipedia. I didn't know the details of the ban just that somebody in the thread mentioned that gun specifically was illegal to import

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you're using Bitcoin and TOR I'm pretty sure you can have anything illegal you want shipped to your door. You should probably stop when customs starts seizing your shipments though, at some point you'll lose plausible deniability.

What do I know, though, I'm not an internet lawyer on r/darknetlegal or whatever

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dial-a-Dog posted:

If you're using Bitcoin and TOR I'm pretty sure you can have anything illegal you want shipped to your door. You should probably stop when customs starts seizing your shipments though, at some point you'll lose plausible deniability.

What do I know, though, I'm not an internet lawyer on r/darknetlegal or whatever

the form customs sends you in the mail to let you know they intercepted your illegal package and you can come get it if you really want is called a "love letter" and yeah when you start getting the tender missives it's probably time to settle down

apparently it's pretty hard to get arrested or even raided just for receiving mail. pretty sure buying illegal firearms off the darknet would be a great way to do it, though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well it's hard because otherwise you could set people up so easily. They need proof that you solicited whatever the shipment was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it's not unheard of for criminals to send illegal things to random addresses and intercept the package