Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:shittypop:

that must have been interesting to explain

There were a bunch of JROTC posters hanging around at the time so I can sort of see her just zoning out but who knows about the robot part. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My Spanish teacher showed us the Spanish-language version of Dracula, complete with a few of the special features/interviews about how it was made on the same sets and everything as the English version, but they had to film at night.

I remember the actress playing... Lucy I think, talking about their costumes and how the white actress playing her role had a nightgown that was all modest with a high neckline, while hers was wayyy more revealing.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Will Smith in talks to star in Tim Burtons Dumbo remake for Disney.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/will-smith-dumbo-tim-burton-adaptation-disney-1201958349/

Tom Hanks has also been offered a role as the villain.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So I'm actually just interested in talking about what movies are greenlighted this year, rather than just hear about people's high school experiences.

New dets on Refn's new movie, sounds interesting: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/11/the-avenging-silence-nicolas-winding-refn-plot-details

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Red Bones posted:

Huh, I didn't know Split was directed by Shyamalan. I wonder if the guy will turn out to be four brothers instead of one man with a very tastelessly depicted mental illness.
The trailer seems to give it away that one of the splits is a literal monster. I'm not really sure how that is supposed to work, but given M. Night's recent work I don't particularly care to find out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The whole movie takes place in McAvoy's mind

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

lomzus posted:

Will Smith in talks to star in Tim Burtons Dumbo remake for Disney.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/will-smith-dumbo-tim-burton-adaptation-disney-1201958349/

Tom Hanks has also been offered a role as the villain.

Will Smith is, presumably, slated to play Dumbo, right?

So many ear jokes on the horizon.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When's the live/cg bambi? Song ofbthe south already is a mix, but they've buried it in their vault. What else are they going to remake, Rescuers? Steamboat Willie?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shageletic posted:

So I'm actually just interested in talking about what movies are greenlighted this year, rather than just hear about people's high school experiences.

New dets on Refn's new movie, sounds interesting: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/11/the-avenging-silence-nicolas-winding-refn-plot-details

It kinda sounds like a pastiche of a Refn plot

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

got any sevens posted:

What else are they going to remake, Rescuers? Steamboat Willie?

I think Favreau's already busy working on The Lion King, Guy Ritchie is doing Aladdin, there's a Mulan movie coming, I believe Lin-Manuel Miranda is attached to work with Menken on The Little Mermaid, there's another 101 Dalmatians coming, the Pete's Dragon guy is doing Peter Pan and I think they announced Snow White a month or two ago.

So, basically, the answer to what else they're going to remake is "all of them."

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Not only just all of them, they're even doing a live-action version of a fairy tale they haven't animated yet, Red Rose, about Snow White's sister.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MacheteZombie posted:

The whole movie takes place in McAvoy's mind
Or The Beast is actually that girl he kidnapped or something.

God I remember first watching that trailer in the cinema. I've never gone from :gizz: to :flaccid: faster than when I saw M. Night's name pop up

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

Will Smith is, presumably, slated to play Dumbo, right?

So many ear jokes on the horizon.

It's actually a tag team with Vivica A. Fox describing the ears and then he gets to comment on the skinny legs of the crows all shucking and jiving on a cell tower decorated to look like a tree.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'm surprised there isnt a modernish version of Beauty and the Beast, like set during ww1 or 2 with french girl/german officer, or like israel/palestine kids, or something halfway to romeo/juliet.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Or The Beast is actually that girl he kidnapped or something.

God I remember first watching that trailer in the cinema. I've never gone from :gizz: to :flaccid: faster than when I saw M. Night's name pop up

To be fair to him, if he made more movies like The Last Airbender I would probably go see them in the theater. Although it was terrible, it was also extremely hilarious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I heard Split is getting pretty good reviews.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Did he write Split? Or just direct it?

Also, he made his name doing suspense and thrillers so this should be in his wheelhouse.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

syscall girl posted:

It's actually a tag team with Vivica A. Fox describing the ears and then he gets to comment on the skinny legs of the crows all shucking and jiving on a cell tower decorated to look like a tree.

I wonder if they could get Jimmy Fallon to play Jim Crow.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Simplex posted:

To be fair to him, if he made more movies like The Last Airbender I would probably go see them in the theater. Although it was terrible, it was also extremely hilarious.

I saw The Last Airbender at a drive in theater that let it go out of focus halfway through the movie and never fixed the problem. I'm still not sure if I'm upset by that or not

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Parasol Prophet posted:

My Spanish teacher showed us the Spanish-language version of Dracula, complete with a few of the special features/interviews about how it was made on the same sets and everything as the English version, but they had to film at night.

I remember the actress playing... Lucy I think, talking about their costumes and how the white actress playing her role had a nightgown that was all modest with a high neckline, while hers was wayyy more revealing.

My Spanish teacher loved to show El Mariachi.

One of my college English professors showed us the Crying Game, and having lived with a drag queen and other LBGTQ people all my life I was the only one in my class that wasn't surprised by the reveal.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

marshmallow creep posted:

One of my college English professors showed us the Crying Game, and having lived with a drag queen and other LBGTQ people all my life I was the only one in my class that wasn't surprised by the reveal.

I'm jealous. I only knew the song and the Ace Ventura reference for a long time and then one day sat down and watched it and it was good.

Song's also pretty good, I got that part. I just expected it to be schlock and nope.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Timby posted:

I think Favreau's already busy working on The Lion King, Guy Ritchie is doing Aladdin, there's a Mulan movie coming, I believe Lin-Manuel Miranda is attached to work with Menken on The Little Mermaid, there's another 101 Dalmatians coming, the Pete's Dragon guy is doing Peter Pan and I think they announced Snow White a month or two ago.

So, basically, the answer to what else they're going to remake is "all of them."

Still waiting for the remake of The Black Hole. :colbert:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I go to a screening of this Friday night? It feels like Room crossed with 10 Cloverfield Lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TouqfIsiI

I'm calling it now, the twist is that the 3 girls are also personalities of the guy.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Len posted:

I saw The Last Airbender at a drive in theater that let it go out of focus halfway through the movie and never fixed the problem. I'm still not sure if I'm upset by that or not

I'm imagining that when blurry, and unfocused Princess Penishead came onscreen there was a lot of anger and confusion at the drive-in.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
So no one else had dead poets society?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

Did he write Split? Or just direct it?

Also, he made his name doing suspense and thrillers so this should be in his wheelhouse.

Wrote and directed.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Simplex posted:

The trailer seems to give it away that one of the splits is a literal monster. I'm not really sure how that is supposed to work, but given M. Night's recent work I don't particularly care to find out.

I never saw The Visit, but isn't it supposed to be good?

got any sevens posted:

I'm surprised there isnt a modernish version of Beauty and the Beast, like set during ww1 or 2 with french girl/german officer, or like israel/palestine kids, or something halfway to romeo/juliet.

I think there was a romance novel over the last few years that had a Nazi death camp guard falling in love with his secretary who happened to be a Jewish woman posing as a Christian and at the end of the book she saves him as they both convert to Christianity. More broadly I feel like hearing that "Nazi officer and Jewish girl posing as Christian in Holocaust" was a minor trend in romance novels overall recently.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DarkSol posted:

Still waiting for the remake of The Black Hole. :colbert:

Did you not see Event Horizon?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someday I should watch Black Hole. I had an audiobook/drama on cassette when I was like 5-8 and listened to it to death but I've never seen the movie.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

I never saw The Visit, but isn't it supposed to be good?

I was never interested in watching it, so I haven't seen it. The wikipedia description of the ending: The film ends as Tyler, to his sister's dismay, performs a freestyle rap recounting the events of their visit. sure is something.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Simplex posted:

I was never interested in watching it, so I haven't seen it. The wikipedia description of the ending: The film ends as Tyler, to his sister's dismay, performs a freestyle rap recounting the events of their visit. sure is something.

Tyler was insufferable. Movie was pretty decent though.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcDErCUiaw

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

got any sevens posted:

Have your heard of the film Beastly. :v:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Late Tim Burton Dumbo sounds awful, AND if Will Smith opts to do it, it'll put Bad Boys 3 on hold. Personally, I'm hoping it never gets made. And we get Bad Boys 3.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mecha Gojira posted:

Late Tim Burton Dumbo sounds awful, AND if Will Smith opts to do it, it'll put Bad Boys 3 on hold. Personally, I'm hoping it never gets made. And we get Bad Boys 3.

Yeah I had no idea BB3 was a thing but getting him and Martin Lawrence back together sounds nice.

I really want to see a pool-destruction gag straight of of Rio and they drive through it in a super up-armored truck.

I am often sarcastic with my posts but I need to see this because of reasons.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

CHiPs trailer with lots of bulges touching each other and bulges touching other things. Also motorcycles, but the plot seems to be all about bulges judging by how much they feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKlbX-t9GLg

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

CHiPs trailer with lots of bulges touching each other and bulges touching other things. Also motorcycles, but the plot seems to be all about bulges judging by how much they feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKlbX-t9GLg

So is this or Baywatch gonna be the better "Greenlighted because of 21 Jump Street" movie?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

So is this or Baywatch gonna be the better "Greenlighted because of 21 Jump Street" movie?
Which one has Dwayne Johnson?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Well since Baywatch doesn't seem as scared of gays I'm gonna go with Baywatch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want a TJ Hooker movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

greatn posted:

I want a TJ Hooker movie.

You're not the only one: “T.J. Hooker” is headed for the bigscreen as an action comedy with David Foster, Ryan Heppe and series creator Rick Husky producing. But that was wayyy back in 2009 so it looks like the project may have stalled.

We also nearly got The Fall Guy starring The Rock but it looks like that may have stalled as well.

• Locked thread