Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I wonder how KC feels about another one of his things going big

(I bet hes happy he isnt known as the dickbutt guy anymore)

I mean he did a kickstarter for plush versions of the dog. very cuddly plushie too, a+ purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

He got a commission to do a politically charged remake of that dog.

He's new to political comics, he didn't label the fire.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I had to google this so maybe someone else is as stupid as me and needs the help, but this is a reference to that film what she did about a woman who can't sing. Bonus, here's the picture he is attempting to imitate:

You guys just don't appreciate pure talent when you see it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He seems more upset about people stealing Question Hound, whereas with dickbutt he seems to genuinely be sick of it to the point where he gave up on going after people that stole the design.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Trump's Mini-Mes": Telnaes's response to Trump's attempt to avoid conflicts of interest by handing his businesses over to his sons.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
:siren:Gay Abortions' Nomination Post is now up!:siren:
Voting will go till 23:59 EST on January 15th. After voting we will tally results.

We had to move a few cartoons around. Had to recreate Brexit and Pulse categories due to spill over. All 'artists' were allowed one entry per category except for in '2016 Election' (not enough entries otherwise) and 'Overall Worst' (tried not to trim this one to much).

If something you nominated did not make the listing this year, we are sorry. Thanks to everyone who contributed in this and the Mid-Terms. Also thanks to Spiffster for helping me trim and sort the nomination list.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

oddium posted:

it's manufacturing plant code

I'm trying to Google this, and I'm not having much luck finding anything other than something called Maga Manufacturing located in Myanmar. Not an acronym either; it's a name. I don't see other four letter brands on our pallets, and Myanmar is a lonnnnnng way to go for wooden pallets.You're sure about this?

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I seriously doubt he would be happy with mass conversion.
I don't know about that

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Angepain posted:

I had to google this so maybe someone else is as stupid as me and needs the help, but this is a reference to that film what she did about a woman who can't sing. Bonus, here's the picture he is attempting to imitate:

You guys just don't appreciate pure talent when you see it.

Uh, that comic is very clearly the handsome visage of none less than Stephen Fry. :colbert:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I'm trying to Google this, and I'm not having much luck finding anything other than something called Maga Manufacturing located in Myanmar. Not an acronym either; it's a name. I don't see other four letter brands on our pallets, and Myanmar is a lonnnnnng way to go for wooden pallets.You're sure about this?

well i'm not an expert i guess but i was told it has something to do with pallet magazine loaders

here's a guy from reddit who also saw it on a chep pallet and you can see an identically formatted code next to it

the ones i've seen are thinner but they're on plain pallets which aren't as thick

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Abyssal Squid posted:

And stepping back from the metaphor, when a law has parts you want to keep, you KEEP THE drat LAW AND AMEND IT. YOU REPEAL LAWS WHEN THEY CONTAIN NOTHING OF VALUE.

No, you see, that would mean Obama would have a legacy and credit for starting that, and Republicans would rather have cancer* than ever let Obama have even a hint of a legacy (no, anything but that!!)

*which will be denied coverage as a pre-existing condition

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ularg posted:

Well that explains the "Binders full of Women" thing now...

T-Trump-sempai... :blush:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Mystic Mongol posted:

he didn't label the fire.

Now I'm going to have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks, rear end in a top hat.

but we've been cross-hatchin' and ctrl-v mashin'

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

National. loving. Treasure.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Selachian posted:

I've read it, it's worth your $3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

I've read it, it's worth your $3.
Someone posted a page in PYF and it contains the following sentence: "I've just arrived from the United States and I'm looking to do something hosed up." So yes it is.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

When America chooses to disengage from politics, racist conspiracy theories and legitimate, evidence-based concerns are treated as equally valid. A sad but true cartoon

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Like, yeah I've shared multitenant multigender toilets. It's no issue and it would've saved one of my clients another three offices per floor in a recent construction project.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Selachian posted:

How does Chuck get his book covers?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Looking at this again with fresh eyes and a cup of generic break-room coffee I think I understand it now: to the average American, mildly annoying whining about things that are true is just as bad as angrily yelling things that are complete lies.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

World Famous W posted:

:siren:Gay Abortions' Nomination Post is now up!:siren:
Voting will go till 23:59 EST on January 15th. After voting we will tally results.

We had to move a few cartoons around. Had to recreate Brexit and Pulse categories due to spill over. All 'artists' were allowed one entry per category except for in '2016 Election' (not enough entries otherwise) and 'Overall Worst' (tried not to trim this one to much).

If something you nominated did not make the listing this year, we are sorry. Thanks to everyone who contributed in this and the Mid-Terms. Also thanks to Spiffster for helping me trim and sort the nomination list.

How did "Empty seat represents Obama's accomplishments" not get included in the worst label category :colbert: RIGGED!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Nebalebadingdong posted:

How does Chuck get his book covers?

He spends 5 minutes on photoshop?

Besides writing this brilliant piece he also did a Reddit AMA today. He's so prolific.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Trogdos! posted:

How did "Empty seat represents Obama's accomplishments" not get included in the worst label category :colbert: RIGGED!

Honestly having to back this, that was a clear frontrunner.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I meant it more in the sense that he's a nationalist bigot with no interest in having his fragile views challenged. Garrison doesn't intend to travel—he said himself that "if I wanted to . . . I would." What he really wants is to cling to the idea that there exist places outside the US where he would be safe, both physically and experientially. Germany can be "pretty loving white" and still be different enough that he'd never actually want to risk going there.

Besides, I hear they actually don't like fascism over there, can you believe it??

My point was that even with all of the immigrants that Germany has let in, the country is still vastly majority German, quite contrary to what Garrison drew in his ridiculous cartoon. They are in no danger of becoming majority Syrian and the never will be. Of course Garrison wouldn't know that because he will never leave his precious American enclave.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Stevoblunt posted:

My point was that even with all of the immigrants that Germany has let in, the country is still vastly majority German, quite contrary to what Garrison drew in his ridiculous cartoon. They are in no danger of becoming majority Syrian and the never will be. Of course Garrison wouldn't know that because he will never leave his precious American enclave.

Even if you gather together all the Syrian refugees, including all the displaced people still in Syria, and put them in Germany they would only make up 13% of the population. Hell, if you took the entire population of Syria before the war and put them in Germany they would make up only 21%! There literally aren't enough Syrians in the world to have them make up the majority of the population of Germany. :psyduck:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Stevoblunt posted:

Wait, you mean the Verminous Other isn't dismantling civilization with a flood of cretinous mooch babies??

(I get it now; we were saying the same thing from differing angles. My mistake.)

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

So Sideshow Bob was right in a completely literal sense when he said some people want to be ruled like a king?

Oh, but I guess he said "deep down" not so clearly on the surface like we saw in the election.

Trump voters absolutely do. Obama would have been better off just going full Socialized medicine, it was all the options and thought that had to go into finding insurance that riled these idiots up. Just stand up there and say "I'm taking your money to pay your doctors. Done."

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The alt-right will be crushed under the bones of the old media. AGC?
"We can't trust this report, a guy said it came from 4chan"

"Whats the source on it coming from 4chan?"

"4chan."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ah yes, noted outdated old-media stalwarts Buzzfeed and The Huffington Post

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Garrison is afraid to put in his examples of alt media, otherwise he would have done so.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

someone please photoshop "alt media" to stormfront or something

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

The alt-right will be crushed under the bones of the old media. AGC?

"We can't trust this report, a guy said it came from 4chan"

"Whats the source on it coming from 4chan?"

"4chan."

4chans evidence for them being the source of the report is passages that aren't in the report

Loeb CL
Nov 18, 2011

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Garrison is afraid to put in his examples of alt media, otherwise he would have done so.

Well, there's the Völkischer Beobachter, and Der Stürmer, and Das Schwarze Korps...

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

It's sure weird how the dinosaur is missing the most-watched news tv channel even though it's a symbol of mainstream media.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The Dinosaur's eye is the CBS logo and thats really clever

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Even if you gather together all the Syrian refugees, including all the displaced people still in Syria, and put them in Germany they would only make up 13% of the population. Hell, if you took the entire population of Syria before the war and put them in Germany they would make up only 21%! There literally aren't enough Syrians in the world to have them make up the majority of the population of Germany. :psyduck:

yes, but if you moved the territories to be coincident with Germany as he is suggesting...

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Why is MTV there? Do people get their news from MTV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Why is MTV there? Do people get their news from MTV?

There was some video they made about white privilege so now they're in the alts' crosshairs too.

• Locked thread