Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I don't know why people think that there won't be a port of Pokémon Sun/Moon. People who have dug around in the files found that models and textures are HD ready and the graphics are down graded from another version to run on the 3DS

The downside is ports are gonna be full price and hit or miss with games I want to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Im a bit torn, I buy Nintendo gameboxes day 1 and have always owned/loved it.

But I always wait on the portables ever since I bought a Gameboy pocket with my hard earned money and they immediately came out with Gameboy color.
Do I got the DS lite and the 3dsxl (then the new, because a kiosk literally sold it when holy poo poo the 3d tracking actually works as advertised)

So I don't know if I should jump in at launch or wait for the lite version of this, I have the feeling in a year or so a version with better battery and some more features will exist.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Weren't the models way turnt up in X/Y as well? Just having hires models isn't a smoking gun IMO. I won't count on it being announced tonight, but potentially down the track.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do you think Bill is gonna steal Reggie's doughnuts this time? I think he's gonna do it. What a rascal!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Pokemon won't be announced today because they just sold a gently caress ton of copies at christmas and don't want to upset people.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
bill and reggie get into a heated fistfight over donuts as it fades out to the Super Smash Brothers x Fire Emblem featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & knuckles logo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Pokemon won't be announced today because they just sold a gently caress ton of copies at christmas and don't want to upset people.

my tentative guess would be announcing it at launch of the switch, for release by christmas 2017.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I need a new Animal Crossing as well.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

spit on my clit posted:

bill and reggie get into a heated fistfight over donuts as it fades out to the Super Smash Brothers x Fire Emblem featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & knuckles logo

I can't believe Bill Trinen is a playable character in Super Smash Switch

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ethanol posted:

I'm just saying I would be more intrigued if I could play the 3ds games on it. I might just get a second hand 3ds because I want to play that Zelda game

You can get an o3DS on eBay for like $50-100 which is actually way more than I expected what the heck.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

well why not posted:

Weren't the models way turnt up in X/Y as well? Just having hires models isn't a smoking gun IMO. I won't count on it being announced tonight, but potentially down the track.

The 3DS Pokemon models range anywhere from 5,000 to 15,000 polygons depending on size. For reference, Lightning in FFXIII was 13,000 polygons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/uzUozo1628U

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reggie walks off stage at the end of the reveal. Suddenly the theater goes pitch black. No sound and no light for over two minutes. Suddenly a single spot light shines down in the middle of the stage. Dead center is Gabe Newell. He starts laughing. No music plays there's just the sound of his laughter as slowly the Half Life 3 logo slowly descends into view behind him before the stage curtains are drawn shut. The audience leaves as he continues to laugh from behind the curtains

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

well why not posted:

The hi res models were made then so that they don't have to remodel them again when they eventually make an HD game. They would have been insane to have made those models starting in XY if they really had no intention of doing an HD game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I better be able to preorder this loving thing at 9:01 pm

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I don't know why people think that there won't be a port of Pokémon Sun/Moon. People who have dug around in the files found that models and textures are HD ready and the graphics are down graded from another version to run on the 3DS
I thought that way because they resisted it for so drat long, but I also didn't know any of that junk

Not that you really wanted to know why :geno:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

The 3DS Pokemon models range anywhere from 5,000 to 15,000 polygons depending on size. For reference, Lightning in FFXIII was 13,000 polygons.

neat. Apparently MGSV Snake was around 18k. No wonder the 3DS chugs with those things on screen.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ethanol posted:

The downside is ports are gonna be full price and hit or miss with games I want to play

I'm going to buy all of them

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

I can't believe Bill Trinen is a playable character in Super Smash Switch

i mean, yeah, but he's just a skin choice for Waluigi. they didn't even change the geometry, so it's just a photo of Bill Trinen stretched over a Waluigi mesh. Same as every other player model.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

well why not posted:

neat. Apparently MGSV Snake was around 18k. No wonder the 3DS chugs with those things on screen.

You can see for yourself in this video just how good Pokemon can look when not restricted by 3DS hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSEEmX_d8OM

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

lol if they wanted to avoid upsetting people they wouldn't have killed the wiiu so quickly, or had shortages of poo poo like amiibos and nes classics, or issue takedowns of virtually every youtube nintendo thing and fangame in existence. really doubt nintendo would give one last gently caress about hurting your feelings so I'm gonna say Pokemon Stars gets a nod tonight

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

To cash in on the popularity of the Five Nights at Freddy's Nintendo will unveil Night of the Living WAAAH in which five clones of Waluigi attempt to attack a player inside Princess Peach's panic room before Mario arrives the next morning

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Has Nintendo said anything about if the Switch has online capabilities and to what capacity?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Surprised to see that Resident Evil 7 Switch has so much Birdo-themed DLC.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Has Nintendo said anything about if the Switch has online capabilities and to what capacity?

It'll probably use wifi of some type.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

To cash in on the popularity of the Five Nights at Freddy's Nintendo will unveil Night of the Living WAAAH in which five clones of Waluigi attempt to attack a player inside Princess Peach's panic room before Mario arrives the next morning

man if Nintendo wants to rescind their LPer shittiness while going after a known quantity this idea would sell gangbusters. repackage waluigi as a jumpscare character for all games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i will be a little annoyed if they put all 5 of the good wii u games on the switch with bonus content and really rub my face in the fact that i could have sat out another nintendo generation and not missed anything

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Reggie walks off stage at the end of the reveal. Suddenly the theater goes pitch black. No sound and no light for over two minutes. Suddenly a single spot light shines down in the middle of the stage. Dead center is Gabe Newell. He starts laughing. No music plays there's just the sound of his laughter as slowly the Half Life 3 logo slowly descends into view behind him before the stage curtains are drawn shut. The audience leaves as he continues to laugh from behind the curtains

:bisonyes:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Can't wait for the edgy jumpscare follow up to Luigi's Mansion.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
It'll be a huge fuckup if the Wii U ports aren't like $30 or $40 bucks. That would be a fantastic deal for people who never got them the first time around and make double dipping for people who already have a Wii U an easier pill to swallow.

If they're at $60 then lol.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just want another nintendo land but without asymmetric play i dunno if it could be any good

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

well why not posted:

Surprised to see that Resident Evil 7 Switch has so much Birdo-themed DLC.

This would be loving incredible, actually. Imagine a high-res, gross-rear end Birdo comin' at you out of a darkened farmhouse, holy poo poo.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

bloodychill posted:

Is there gonna be Pikmin 4 on this thing? That's mainly what I care about.

I hope so, my perfect launch would be Zelda, a new Mario and a Pikmin game.

I wish the treehouse thing wasn't starting at the same time I need to be at Gamestop to get my pre-order in :smith:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Just black out the whole card right now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shouldn't the free space be "This doesn't change anything this time Nintendo is doomed FOR REAL" ?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Laura K confirmed Retro isn't working on a new Donkey Kong :qq:

(or Metroid)

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

No "Spamming 'My Body is Ready' Memes"... 1/10

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008