Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I dearly, dearly wish I could be surprised by this news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When being the top selling title in November with a $5 sale lands the #7 spot for the year, I would guess the downloads aren't that great either.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I still think the Vita is the best handheld console that has been made thus far.

Playing games like blazblue while commuting for short sessions is great.
I'm really hoping for a third sony handheld

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sefal posted:

I'm really hoping for a new virtual boy

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sefal posted:

I still think the Vita is the best handheld console that has been made thus far.

it's called the nintendo switch and it's coming tonite

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Sefal posted:

I love my vita but I would never take it outside because I have a recurring nightmare where I'm on a train and a curious child asks me what I'm playing, and its Demon Gaze and I get arrested.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Not Operator posted:

I love my vita but I would never take it outside because I have a recurring nightmare where I'm on a train and a curious child asks me what I'm playing, and its Demon Gaze and I get arrested.

I think you are good unless they caught you playing Criminal Girls.

Demon Gaze is a pretty swell game.Looking forward to the sequel

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MPLS to NOLA posted:

was Shovel Knight a good port?

Very good. You should buy it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Who buys physical vita games though

And it probably doesn't help that the vita section in game stores is usually like a tiny shelf in the corner

Physical games in general still outsell the digitsl version of the same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Not Operator posted:

that's weird. you're weird.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sefal posted:

If it took micro sd it would have had a really good chance at beating the psp (which also had proprietary memory), but you got cell phone model pricing on memory and the internet crying 'it doesn't have mario so nogames' so it would be a miracle to get another handheld.

Cellphone f2p bullshit is the future, this is what the consumers want.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Who buys physical vita games though

And it probably doesn't help that the vita section in game stores is usually like a tiny shelf in the corner

Whoa, you live where the vita gets a shelf? The gamestop near me hasn't stocked 3ds or vita games in awhile. If you ask they just try to push a psn gift card/eshop gift card on you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

If it took micro sd it would have had a really good chance at beating the psp (which also had proprietary memory), but you got cell phone model pricing on memory and the internet crying 'it doesn't have mario so nogames' so it would be a miracle to get another handheld.

The internet cried about no games because there were no loving games.

Niche jrpgs are not good for mass appeal.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

that's weird. you're weird.

It is a joke.

edit: I'll post this next to the joke in future so people will know, even when the joke isn't especially funny.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

protect our children from the demon gays

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Andrast posted:

The internet cried about no games because there were no loving games.

Niche jrpgs are not good for mass appeal.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/22/2655711/playstation-vita-us-launch-titles-memory-card-prices
I know these are all niche jrpgs, but it literally would not have mattered. The nogames thing was going on before the system even released.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Whoa, you live where the vita gets a shelf? The gamestop near me hasn't stocked 3ds or vita games in awhile. If you ask they just try to push a psn gift card/eshop gift card on you.

not stocking 3ds games is criminally stupid, those still sell

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 12, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/22/2655711/playstation-vita-us-launch-titles-memory-card-prices
I know these are all niche jrpgs, but it literally would not have mattered. The nogames thing was going on before the system even released.

Do you honestly think that the vita had a strong library of games that appeal to the mainstream audience in the first one or two years of it's existence?

Vita sold badly because it didn't have games that grabbed people's interest and it was expensive. Sony could probably have fixed that with strong support (like Nintendo with the 3DS) but chose to abandon the console instead.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 12, 2017

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

If public opinion is "I'm not going to buy it anyway" why would you support it. If you look at your audience and they're saying "The memory is too expensive, I'm not going to buy it" why would you make anything for it.
The vita is a great piece of hardware but lol titty games or whatever. It's dead, doesn't matter.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Not Operator posted:

I remember the section where you're running away from gunfire took me days to get past. It was loving misery and just made worse by it not being a typical climby-shooty section where you can try to come up with different approaches when the first one fails. Its just doing the exact same thing repeatedly until fate decides this run is the winner.

Other than that, I don't remember it being as bad as any of the PS3/4 games, which are actual anti-fun on crushing, and even worse on whatever the new remake difficulty is (brutal?)

Golden Abyss is barely worth a playthrough. Can't imagine suffering through it on Crushing. And I loved UC1 and 2.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 12, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Not Operator posted:

If you were playing Monster Monpiece of something like that, sure... it could happen. Really isn't that bad except for the panty witch.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

not stocking 3ds games is criminally stupid, those still sell

Where they used to be awhile ago is a shelf of gift cards and a tv that just plays Kongregate ads on loop. 3DS can't compete with Stick Figure Flash Battler V2.0a or whatever I guess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pm3uG4Fd3A

Wow, a new game on the Vita! It sure is a Vita game too, so you probably shouldn't watch the video near people who can fire you and/or kids in the train!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I stopped the video at "Compile Heart", did I miss much?

~this is another joke, please don't answer sincerely~

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not Operator posted:

ignoring the second part of your post, i flipped through and all i saw were very tiny anime girls in an oversized living room environment running under chairs.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Where they used to be awhile ago is a shelf of gift cards and a tv that just plays Kongregate ads on loop. 3DS can't compete with Stick Figure Flash Battler V2.0a or whatever I guess.

god this might even be true

i just saw a thing for criminal girls on steam, can't believe the vita would lose its killer app so easily

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Not Operator posted:

What if the fact it could be a joke, could be a joke itself?

I am not sure I can keep up with your shenanigans user Not Operator of the Something Awful forums.

Saoshyant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pm3uG4Fd3A

Wow, a new game on the Vita! It sure is a Vita game too, so you probably shouldn't watch the video near people who can fire you and/or kids in the train!

Compile Heart needs to just stop these things.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Compile Heart should never stop.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Awesome, I always wanted to play an anime version of de_rats

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Detheros posted:

Compile Heart should never stop.

A giantess fetish is just one mistimed yawn away from vore, maybe they should take it easy for a while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad cabbagepots finally got a job

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hs9hezCdDQ

"Let's throw all our old art assets in a free to play card game"

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm just thinking of these poor kids getting fired because I watched a Compile Heart video.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What happens if I let someone borrow my Vita and they play a Vita game online via my PSN while i'm gaming online on my PS4?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What happens if I let someone borrow my Vita and they play a Vita game online via my PSN while i'm gaming online on my PS4?

an explosion

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Basically nothing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I got Miku for the PS4 and I take back any good things I may have said about Bon Appetit. Miku is so much better. It's just so good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Four physical anime games on the edge of a digital cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sony lets you have one person per kind of device per account, so one on vita, one on PS3, and one on PS4 simultaneously is fine. But don't do that because doing so will cause the gatekeeper to speak the last of the seven words that bring about the complete annihilation of the universe.