Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
the trick to pre-ordering is to turn on 1-click ordering on amazon and furiously mash f5 all hours of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I preordered the PSVR from Target and it arrived a day early. Hoping to try that again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The trick to preordering is to live in a country that allows preorders already :smuggo:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I heard that to preorder in Australia you have to fight your way past the roos in front of the Gamestop c/d?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

wait they're not gonna put that dumb joycon wiimote motion poo poo into zelda are they, i am cautiously intrigued by a new zelda that doesn't have gimmick controls

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

sirbeefalot posted:

I heard that to preorder in Australia you have to fight your way past the roos in front of the Gamestop c/d?

D

There is no Gamestop in Aus
It's called EBGames here. Same company

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
Australia isn't a country it's a mistake where the entire government is somehow worse then Donald Trump. It's why the rest of the world punishes it by making it pay inflated prices and forces its citizens to eat vegemite

Edit: I hate iPhone auto correct bullshit

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 12, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Australia isn't a country it's a mistake where the entire government is somehow worse then Donald Trump. It's why the rest of the world is perfect Nieves it by making it pay inflated prices a d forces by its citizens to eat vegemite

:stare:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If Switch preorders sell out retailer-wide I'll be really shocked. I mean this is the home console after the Wii U, which even scalpers know tanked. Did the Wii U even have scarce preorders after the behemoth of sales that was the Wii? I'm pretty sure my roommate at the time went out and just bought one on launch day.

All that said I'll be F5'in with the rest of ya'll tonight GOGOGOGOG

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

enojy posted:

If Switch preorders sell out retailer-wide I'll be really shocked. I mean this is the home console after the Wii U, which even scalpers know tanked. Did the Wii U even have scarce preorders after the behemoth of sales that was the Wii? I'm pretty sure my roommate at the time went out and just bought one on launch day.

The difference is that no one knew what the WiiU was. I still thought it was a Wii accessory until last year. People are pretty excited about the Switch.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
what if they left battle mode off mario kart 8 on purpose because they KNEW they were gonna re-release it on the next console :tinfoil:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

sirbeefalot posted:

no but they ship you a deadly spider. a different one for every order, collect the whole set

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

the trick to pre-ordering is to turn on 1-click ordering on amazon and furiously mash f5 all hours of the day

They disable 1-click ordering for certain "expected to sell out instantly" items.

They announced when they were going to open up NES Classic pre-orders, so many people swarmed Amazon the entire site crashed, when it came back a few minutes later they were sold out.

Maybe it's not so bad for higher price point items though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

enojy posted:

the NES Classic Mini I Swear I Haven't Pirated These Games A Thousand Times Already had less hype than the Switch and still isn't available, I would not write off the scalpers any time soon

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

youcallthatatwist posted:

Why are we quoting 100 follower twitter accounts as trustworthy now

I just called my local Gamestop and they said preorders open when the stores do tomorrow. Called my local walmart and they had no clue what a Nintendo Switch even was lol

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gorgolflox posted:

I haven't preordered a console since the N64. I hope I do it right

What? Why didn't you just ask your mom for it for Christmas like I did?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
And yet even Austrailia has a more sensible approach to guns than the USA lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

what if they left battle mode off mario kart 8 on purpose because they KNEW they were gonna re-release it on the next console :tinfoil:

loving artificial scarcity bullshit...

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

When do preorders starts? After the conference thingy?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

univbee posted:

They disable 1-click ordering for certain "expected to sell out instantly" items.

They announced when they were going to open up NES Classic pre-orders, so many people swarmed Amazon the entire site crashed, when it came back a few minutes later they were sold out.

If you really want to game Amazon, you put the item you want at the top of your wishlist, because you can add items to your cart from the wishlist, so even if the item's page doesn't load you can keep refreshing your wishlist until the "Add to Cart" button appears on the item on that page.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And yet even Austrailia has a more sensible approach to guns than the USA lol

I am interested in gun

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

univbee posted:

There was some other pre-order last year where they announced a time, but the link to the pre-order got discovered and they were already sold out when the item went live. I think it might have been the Fire Emblem LE, was pretty lovely.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Your joking right? cause nope.

go on

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Beastie posted:

when reggie lets out his alpha roar and hits the money gong.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819625063116926978

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Breaking news, Reggie chokes on cookies and passes out prior to the live stream.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

It will be interesting to see how pre-orders go for this thing tomorrow. While I'm worried that I won't get one tomorrow, my gut says most of us plunking down the dough to preorder early will probably be fine. It's not a $60 fad item like the NES Classic and for a lot of people this whole system is a wait and see as they just don't quite trust Nintendo.

At least that's what I tell myself so I don't get furious when I can't even pre-order it tomorrow.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tender Bender posted:

I'm starting get anxious that I won't get a pre order. I'm 30 years old why is this happening to me.

Manchild!!!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-City-Undercover-Switch/dp/B01MS6KPOH/

quote:

LEGO City Undercover - Switch
This item will be released on April 30, 2017.

Last minute delay?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

release dates on the last day of the month are almost always placeholders, and it was never announced for Switch launch, just "Spring 2017"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Did anyone ever say it was launch?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

i need the deets

when is the press conference again

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzCFqCUKOXI

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

I have never preordered anything. Do places require payment in full?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beastie posted:

We're hoping so but nothing is confirmed.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Shadow225 posted:

i need the deets

when is the press conference again

Just over eight hours from now

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

nodadchad posted:

I have never preordered anything. Do places require payment in full?

It depends on the store. Gamestop in store usually requires a deposit and you can pay over the next two months interest free. Most others take payment when shipping.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Reggie is definitely a guy who eats cookies

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
AC/DC Nintendo fans of the world UNITE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHpClGAAvpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Everyone on the twitter is mentioning the 16(?) new tracks for Mario Kart and the addition of battle mode, yet no one is talking about the return of DoubleDash-esque dual-driver karts. Wasn't that in the initial reveal trailer? Did I imagine that?

• Locked thread