Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamsystem posted:

How easy is it generally to get upgrade materials from these things? I have 4 units ready to awaken to 6.

King Mog events are great for 6 star mats. Usually there is a limited quantity of each type of six star mat that is priced really cheap. Then there is an unlimited supply that's 4 times more expensive. You should easily be able to get enough for four units, but you may not have enough currency to get other desirable items like star quartz and summon tickets.

The general buy order usual goes:
Any exclusive gear / materia (if it's good quality)
Summon tickets
Star quartz
Cheap priced trust moogle
Elixirs
Gigantaurs
Six star mats as needed
Expensive priced trust moogle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

King Mog events are great for 6 star mats. Usually there is a limited quantity of each type of six star mat that is priced really cheap. Then there is an unlimited supply that's 4 times more expensive. You should easily be able to get enough for four units, but you may not have enough currency to get other desirable items like star quartz and summon tickets.

Summon tickets
Star quartz
Elixirs
Gigantaurs
Six star mats as needed

I'd say this list is highly subjective. A newer player would prioritize Gigantuars over star quartz, heavy arena players have zero interest in Elixirs, etc.
But it is a good rough guide, as gear/materia can be the best stuff from an event, or the worst stuff(Atk 10% from the gears event :lol:)

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Summon tickets
Star quartz
Elixirs
Gigantaurs
Six star mats as needed

If you macro I believe the expensive priced trust moogle is literally never worth it, as the nrg spent getting it would give you way more % just doing earth shrine over and over.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

aherdofpenguins posted:

If you macro I believe the expensive priced trust moogle is literally never worth it, as the nrg spent getting it would give you way more % just doing earth shrine over and over.

Don't buy the TM Moogles kids, not even once.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

aherdofpenguins posted:

It really depends on the event and the rate you are getting after multipliers. Typically, it is not worth it, but it has been worth it on occasion. Also, not all TMs are created equal. If you want the moogle for a Zidane, then it is absolutely worth it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

aherdofpenguins posted:

This heavily depends on whether or not the event has other worthwhile stuff. Some events have given good drops (sacred crystals, megacites) or VERY high rank and unit xp. Buying the moogle at that point is just a byproduct of farming the event for what it has. Orbonne and week 2 of the FF13 gears were particularly good in that regard.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Got a Vanille for daily, then the new event dropped a ticket at BGN...

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Got a Freya from my daily, tossed a ticket into the slot machine and won the Seven jackpot.

Put her in my friend slot, cause she's more useful than my lovely Chizu

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol rainbow daily

lol rainbow arc

Oh well.

EDIT: I threw some extra tickets on the banner because I wanted at least one Type-0 character for the event. I'm actually kinda happy at the results.

3* Firion (NEW)
4* Cheez
3* Rydia (whatever)
4* Seven

I'll take that.

Dias fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 13, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They upped the phantoma rates nicely, positive surprise. The jump from PRO to ELT in difficulty is what ADV to PRO usually is, I'd need 6* WoL made a reality to comfortably do that one. Doublicorn was meant to give 1000 instead of 3000 like claimed everywhere, not surprised.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also unequip your stupid fire weapons.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i spent four tickets for the hell of it and got 2x jack and 2x trey, so thats fine i guess

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I pulled despite saying not to pull until I finish every TM I got. Got Trey on daily pull, which is good for the event. Tickets were Krile, Shantotto, and Vaan. All 3*

drat it me why am I pulling *in charlie brown voice* augh

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 13, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Got lucky and pulled Seven on the daily. Is she good? Glancing at her move list she looks like Bedile 2.0.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Armitage posted:

I pulled despite saying not to pull until I finish every TM I got. Got Trey on daily pull, which is good for the event. Tickets were Krile, Shantotto, and Vaan. All 3*

drat it me why am I pulling *in charlie brown voice* augh

Good grief.

Anyway, should I equip my fancy new Trey or hold off until he's a Lito more leveled up?

Edit: If I give him two Firewalls, that's +60% ATK?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 13, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Not that i can understand the Taiwan videos, but apparently the most recent one talked about the summon system change and how it's making its way eventually to global. SoonTM.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shingouryu posted:

Got lucky and pulled Seven on the daily. Is she good? Glancing at her move list she looks like Bedile 2.0.

100% AoE paralyze LB makes her Arena queen. Her toolset is okay too, even if she has a WEIRD stat distribution. She gets a 40% SPR ST debuff, a 50% ice/lightning/fire ST debuff, Focus and nice elemental coverage to single targets. Most of her damage seems to be physical, but you can also make her a mage if you have the TMs which, again, weird. Bad equipment selection tho (whips, daggers and normal swords). Girl's not setting the world on fire but she's a serviceable unit with a strong niche use, 100% paralyze in Arena is GG.

Dias fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 13, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Good grief.

Anyway, should I equip my fancy new Trey or hold off until he's a Lito more leveled up?

Edit: If I give him two Firewalls, that's +60% ATK?

it stacks yes

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm looking through my friend list to select a bonus unit and what a shocker, Fenrir already has the 5 star base.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dias posted:

100% AoE paralyze LB makes her Arena queen. Her toolset is okay too, even if she has a WEIRD stat distribution. She gets a 40% SPR ST debuff, a 50% ice/lightning/fire ST debuff, Focus and nice elemental coverage to single targets. Most of her damage seems to be physical, but you can also make her a mage if you have the TMs which, again, weird. Bad equipment selection tho (whips, daggers and normal swords). Girl's not setting the world on fire but she's a serviceable unit with a strong niche use, 100% paralyze in Arena is GG.

Neat, I just pulled her as well.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Speaking of Arena, on the one hand, I can use Fire Flask again. On the other hand, no recovery abilities is bleeeeeeeeeeh.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Which magi/megacite colour does Odin want? Or does he really not have one he gains bonuses from?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
He has no type, so none.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am in incredibly small sample size territory but for what it's worth doing pro with 4 +50% units is giving me around 41-42 phantoma per energy whereas doing elite with only 3 of the units is giving 40-41.

i suppose if i limited my elite runs to only ones with 700+ attack friend noctis' maybe i could run four of the units on elite but that seems like a hassle when pro is consistently slightly better.

edit: pro has the added benefit that my exdeath can solo it so i can bring friend units with a bonus regardless of what they are, too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget that the Elite has a better chance to spawn the rare boss that gives 1000 phantoms before bonus. It may or may not make a difference. I remember for the FF13 event, they increased the spawn rate of the rare spawn during week 2, but who knows if they will do so with this one.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

AegisP posted:

He has no type, so none.
Megacite from King Mog onto the shopping list then, he'll be with us in part 2 Zoldaad and looks great in stats and abilities.

rabidsquid posted:

i am in incredibly small sample size territory but for what it's worth doing pro with 4 +50% units is giving me around 41-42 phantoma per energy whereas doing elite with only 3 of the units is giving 40-41.

i suppose if i limited my elite runs to only ones with 700+ attack friend noctis' maybe i could run four of the units on elite but that seems like a hassle when pro is consistently slightly better.

edit: pro has the added benefit that my exdeath can solo it so i can bring friend units with a bonus regardless of what they are, too.
This made me burn five tickets. Mustadio #2, Jack (Ignorance TM and bonus), another Cecil (Excalibur for everybody!), another Celes (mash for TM), another Roselia (dead)

e: currency grind calculator http://aesica.net/?main=ffbe-event-calc handy stuff

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 13, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

There's a daily bundle in the store for T0.

2x of each 6* mat
8 Gigantuar
3 Sacred Crystal
500 event currency

For 500 lapis. Doesn't seem worth it, really.

Also, reminder there's a daily bundle of usually 2 materials. Today it's light megacrysts, which are good. You should be checking them every day if you don't already

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Got a Vanille for daily, then the new event dropped a ticket at BGN...

Hahaha how many thousand $ are you in now? 2000? 3000? Are you aware of your massive gambling addiction bro? Don't even kid us any longer with your "I'm just lucky" bullshit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Another five tickets because I want to max out earnings, Ingus2, Miyuki2, Hayate2, Alma2, Rydia5 :argh: come ooooon
yay another sakurafubuki and cowl

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 13, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: Roselia

At least a unit I didn't have before so that's okay.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Four pulls, got Trey and Seven. If nothing else, I'm good at getting base 4* units...

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

AegisP posted:

Not that i can understand the Taiwan videos, but apparently the most recent one talked about the summon system change and how it's making its way eventually to global. SoonTM.

Apparently they are changing the kind of unit you can get from the different crystal. Under the new system rainbow = only 5* base, orange = only 4* base. So you can't "skip" an awakening by getting a higher rarity of a unit, but you also won't get highest rarity of crap units. In short, stop pulling until the change goes in effect.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
9 Pulls, got Jack, Seven and my first CoD, so I'm all set.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is why I hammered King Mog last banner when I got lucky pulls :saddowns:

7 pulls today:
Gold Edgar
Freya
Xiao
Ludmille
Vann (been playing since July and never got him til today)
Zidane #4
Gold Leo

Couple of good TMs but no bonus units

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Usually Gigantuars are a no brainer for me to get, but now I literally have so many of these things that I can't even take the ones from the christmas event out of my gifts because other gigantuars are taking up too much room.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
same they better provide some better units asap

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I haven't spent any lapis or tickets to summon units since I pulled Noctis 3 weeks ago. All my lapis has gone into NRG refreshes for TMR farming.

I think I am significantly happier with this game. I'm not even sure which banner I'll spend tickets on next, since Orlando seems like a trap.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

Yo why is there no hype for this?!??!?

THIS IS HUGE! Hopefully we get this change in before the next FFT banner but I won't hold my breath.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i ever draw another rainbow crystal again it will be great news!

in other news im really excited to get hit by that free money truck. any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Usually Gigantuars are a no brainer for me to get, but now I literally have so many of these things that I can't even take the ones from the christmas event out of my gifts because other gigantuars are taking up too much room.

Yea, I pulled a 7 so I just used mine I had saved on her. Didn't hat a TON but enough to get her almost to 6*

• Locked thread