Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want to believe that this insurance company that have robot death insurance went bankrupt after Age of Ultron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The MSJ posted:

I want to believe that this insurance company that have robot death insurance went bankrupt after Age of Ultron.

They probably didn't start offering it until after Ultron.

Wait, the Chitauri weren't robots right? Because otherwise, they would've started offering it after New York.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PunkBoy posted:

I mean if the only weapon you have is a gun, you're going to loving use it, even if it is out of desperation. And while I can understand not being into the Nadeer family stuff, that was kinda eh, this was far from the worst episode even if you ignore Season 1. We got an interesting take on robot sentience, evil John Hannah, nerdy sci-fi references, and a Shotgun-Axe decapitation. I'm pretty happy.

It had to have been the acting because it was just so... poor. Like everyone trying to be season 1 Brett Dalton poor. CW poor.

I dunno, this show usually has a whole lot of leeway for me. Mack's quips were about the only thing that went right.

And I'm sad that we have evil John Hannah. I liked him the grey area. Evil scientist is boring.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Robots are really only a risk to old people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not convinced that Aida wasn't affected by the Darkholde and she doesn't want it. All we really found out was that Radcliffe was plotting it and he thinks Aida is unaffected. That still leaves the possibility that Aida really is doing her own thing and is just playing along with Radcliffe. There were just too many little scenes of not just Aida acting on her own but also the May LMD seeming to act odd. Like, why would Aida have spoken the way she did to May about her plans if she was just following Radcliffe's orders?

It might have all turned out to be lazy and cheap red herrings that don't make sense, but SHIELD has generally been better than that. Most of the time when there's a little unresolved issue or something that looks odd it leads to something. I see no reason to assume the worst here just because they didn't give us a teaser of Aida smiling or something.

But we'll see. I'm fine to wait it out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Textbook overthinking.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I did not like the betrayal of the dude in the copter

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

It would be kind of funny if Vijay had the power of a DC comics character, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_Man_(comics) Every time he dies he comes back to life with a different power.

Whatever his deal is, he's the closest thing to a Spider-Man we've got so far.

Spergatory posted:

I think Vijay's probably the Inhuman equivalent of Darwin. His power seems to be tied to his life being threatened; until that guy pulled a gun on him, he didn't seem to have any powers at all, whereas most other Inhumans have really obvious powers that they have a hard time controlling at first. He didn't seem to be fully aware of himself during the fight, either, operating more or less on pure instinct until his sister snapped him out of it. So I think his superpower is basically just "survive." He couldn't do anything about his sister's bullet because he didn't see it coming, so instead his powers just shoved him into a regenerative cocoon as soon as he was away from her.

hope and vaseline posted:

Same thought I had. He's just gonna keep evolving powers on the fly that'll keep him alive.

Sounds like you're just describing Doomsday here. Watch him come back and the only changes are him being anaerobic and having bulletproof abs.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 12, 2017

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Doomsday/Resurrection Man only get a new power/immunity when something full-on kills them. Vijay seemed to get a new power the moment his life was threatened at least once, which is closer to Darwin, which makes more sense given that Darwin is a Marvel character where the other two are DC dudes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Grognan posted:

I did not like the betrayal of the dude in the copter

If you make a sacred pact with your sister, that one of you will for sure kill the other if they ever get changed into an inhuman, you probably shouldn't be so incredulous when you turn into an inhuman and your sister tries to kill you, and maybe not get into a helicopter with her right after the goons she hired tried to kill you. That was pretty dumb, yeah.

Maybe it's because of Westworld, but I like evil scientist man being behind things instead of evil robots turning evil just because they're robots and they have feelings now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ensign_Ricky posted:

This raises the question of exactly how sharp is the shotgun-axe, considering that he chopped off the head one-handed.

:black101:

edit: Apparently Peter fuckin' Dinklage is in talks to join the MCU for Infinity War. Which either means Pip the Troll, or we could have Tyrion Lannister as the voice of goddamned Mephisto.

And that is totally a Mephisto who'd go ahead and slap an ambigram across the cover of the Darkhold for shits and giggles.

Lmao if Marvel secretly got some Xmen rights back and he's the new Wolverine

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Maybe he'll just be Peter Dinklage and be along for the ride.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The main rumour from a week or so ago before it gained traction was that he's been considered for Norman Osbourne.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

The main rumour from a week or so ago before it gained traction was that he's been considered for Norman Osbourne.

You'd think he'd be debuting as Norman in Spider-man Homecoming if it was that.

He's probably Pip.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pete's gonnai be Puck. Alpha Flight will be one of the upcoming, untitled movies.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Spergatory posted:

Doomsday/Resurrection Man only get a new power/immunity when something full-on kills them. Vijay seemed to get a new power the moment his life was threatened at least once, which is closer to Darwin, which makes more sense given that Darwin is a Marvel character where the other two are DC dudes.

Isn't Darwin an X-Men character? Even less likely than a DC character if so. :D

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Medullah posted:

Isn't Darwin an X-Men character? Even less likely than a DC character if so. :D

Which is why he isn't actually Darwin, he's Darwinhuman. Sort of like how Joey was Magnoto and Civil War Registration is for Mutants Inhumans.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Something to ponder: Aida may not be sentient after all, but LMD-May definitely is (or should be, based on what we've seen). She was created from May's brainscan, and Aida was doing her light-weaving thing constructing the neuronal structure of a brain (presumably May's). Aida's emulating emotion, but LMD-May has a brain (or, at least, is running a brain as software). Cogito ergo sum and all that.

Ming-Na Wen must be annoyed though. Could they really not have found someone who hasn't already had a "was impersonated by someone/something else" storyline?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Arcanen posted:

Could they really not have found someone who hasn't already had a "was impersonated by someone/something else" storyline?

I'm actually wondering if this might be a plot point -- she and Coulson could have cooked up a way to ID a clone / doppleganger / mimic / whatever and that's why he acted like such a yutz in the room with her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It should have been Jemma who was copied.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Then Fitz would definitely gently caress the robot

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Their relationship has been too stable, this would have been a more interesting shakeup than Coulson and LMayD's flirting.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I'm still thinking they'll kill off Gemma somehow, and she'll be replaced by an LMD. Basically, so Gemma is still a character on the show, but with that as an emotional punch towards the end of the season.

Basically, it'd be Fred and Illyria all over again. Tons of brooding "you're not her" moments. And a resident LMD character if the show continues, since that's such a SHIELD thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

And do so while knowing it was a robot.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

He has turned down roles for elves and leprechauns in the past, but you think he'd be okay with a goblin?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Arcanen posted:

Something to ponder: Aida may not be sentient after all, but LMD-May definitely is (or should be, based on what we've seen). She was created from May's brainscan, and Aida was doing her light-weaving thing constructing the neuronal structure of a brain (presumably May's). Aida's emulating emotion, but LMD-May has a brain (or, at least, is running a brain as software). Cogito ergo sum and all that.

No endocrine system, so probably all emulated.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can't kill Jemma! Someone deserves to be happy.

I really don't like Radcliff as the Superior, as it just turns him into the one behind everything evil, and I don't think that works from what we've seen. That would mean he was also behind the Watchdogs, which would mean he was involved with things before Hive recruited him.

It will probably turn out to be someone else, though it would be cool if they used this to work into the Inhumans show, so it's actually Maximus. But that would be really forward thinking.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What about that hologram guy from a long time ago? Wasn't he ex-shield or something and then never got mentioned again?

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Can't kill Jemma! Someone deserves to be happy.

I really don't like Radcliff as the Superior, as it just turns him into the one behind everything evil, and I don't think that works from what we've seen. That would mean he was also behind the Watchdogs, which would mean he was involved with things before Hive recruited him.

It will probably turn out to be someone else, though it would be cool if they used this to work into the Inhumans show, so it's actually Maximus. But that would be really forward thinking.

He's definitely not the Superior. It might be Blake. I could have sworn they said he founded the Watchdogs last season, although I may have misheard.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

AbsolutelySane posted:

He's definitely not the Superior. It might be Blake. I could have sworn they said he founded the Watchdogs last season, although I may have misheard.

It's Ward. Not Grant, the other one. The third one. The one who's not supposed to be screwed up. Surprise! He's screwed up.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AbsolutelySane posted:

Yeah, that whole Blake as mastermind behind the Watchdogs really went anywhere other than establishing the Watchdogs as a bigger threat than rednecks in pickup trucks who found nifty weapons. I can see them doing a callback and having the reveal be that Blake is the Superior.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

If fitz doesn't end up happy once this show is done I might riot. Dude just deserves it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's Scotch is genetic

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Loved the Chopping Mall reference.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

flosofl posted:

No endocrine system, so probably all emulated.
My hope for how they handle the brain scan LMD vs Aida's normal AI is something along the lines of the simulated mind getting increasingly inaccurate the longer it runs.

Radcliffe's need for the Darkhold to make immortal synthetic people would seem a bit strange if he's already got a perfect May-copy running around that isn't going to start glitching out at some point.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Eh, Radcliff doesn't want to copy himself. He wants he, himself, the current iteration of his consciousness, to live forever (along with ostensibly everyone else). There's a difference between creating a copy of something and preserving the original so that it never dies or decays.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Eh, Radcliff doesn't want to copy himself. He wants he, himself, the current iteration of his consciousness, to live forever (along with ostensibly everyone else). There's a difference between creating a copy of something and preserving the original so that it never dies or decays.

Pretty much like everyone else that's looked at the Darkhold. Well, at least everyone human. I was definitely wrong about it changing Aida, but I didn't allow for Radcliffe doing his best Batiatus impression. I guess you don't need a lot of exposure to it to start down that road. He barely glanced at the thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Radcliffe didn't really need to be magically influenced by the Darkhold to want it. The guy's entire resume is genetically modifying humans with cyborg tech, trying to turn them into Inhumans, and then building androids. I don't think he needed much of a push to want to get ahold of a book that he thinks could give him unending knowledge and the key to power and eternal life.

I mean, Radcliffe's always been a mad scientist who only plays nice with the good guys to stay out of jail.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't think Radcliffe is any more evil than he ever was, remember he went along with a plan to turn the entire human race into slaves of Hive, just to keep himself alive.

Aida could easily have killed Fitz and May, but i assume she didn't because Radcliffe doesn't want any of his team mates to die if he can help it (generic Shield agents don't count).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Koening brothers are coming back :neckbeard:

• Locked thread