Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jagged Jim posted:

Hahaha everyone is dunking on the Chargers right now, even our local hockey team!

https://twitter.com/spokanechiefs/status/819703766467284993

Make a t-shirt. Just like that. Please.

It would be great to wear at a Chief Bills game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raku posted:

What I don't get is how stupid they are for letting this happen. Like... did they not see how empty the stadium was at the end of the Rams season? Did they think that was just because they didn't have a loving star player there like Phillip Rivers?

Both of these teams are going to move again within a decade.

St Louis Chargers, San Diego Rams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

God I loving love Shawne Merriman

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I stopped giving a poo poo about the Chargers and the NFL about 4 or 5 years ago largely because of that piece of poo poo Dean Spanos hiring his incompetent son as the director of player personnel and the fact that they fired Schottenheimer to hire literally the worst coach in NFL history. Good on San Diego for refusing to dole out corporate welfare; hopefully other cities follow suit in the future.

Philip Rivers is still a super cool dude though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

And suddenly Tila Tequila found another 15 minutes of fame.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Philip Rivers is actually human garbage

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

They would do great in SD, but it would be really rubbing salt into the wounds of the real Charger fans in SD.

https://twitter.com/Mark_T_Willard/status/819651503627476992

that would be insane

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What if SD paid for a new stadium for the Raiders just to gently caress with Spanos?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a new study bible! posted:

What if SD paid for a new stadium for the Raiders just to gently caress with Spanos?

:laffo:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
NO.

Nothing must get in the way of the Las Vegas Raiders. It's too beautiful a dream.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If we can't get Vegas Raiders, SD Raiders is the second best option

This is, of course, assuming a full move to Mexico City is off the table for the team

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Hot take: The new Chargers logo looks like they ripped it from the SS.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'd love it.

San Diego wants a team who wants to be here. If the Raiders said they wanted to be here, they'd be openly embraced and Dean would lose the last vestiges of his fractured fanbase.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

What if SD paid for a new stadium for the Browns just to gently caress with Spanos?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh hey speaking of

This was never, ever anything other than the city of Oakland acting "hey Raider voters, we tried!"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Really I'm happy that voters are finally telling sports teams to get hosed when they come hat in hand for half a bil and up

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Would unironically be ok with this.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Really I'm happy that voters are finally telling sports teams to get hosed when they come hat in hand for half a bil and up

I'm really happy LV is willing to tax tourists to build the Raiders a stadium

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

I'm really happy LV is willing to tax tourists to build the Raiders a stadium

I wonder why San Diego voted this down

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
San Diego needed rid of the chargers. Any other team would be better but the ownership and quality of the product plus the general shittiness of the franchise makes them not with fighting for

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

What I don't get is how stupid they are for letting this happen. Like... did they not see how empty the stadium was at the end of the Rams season? Did they think that was just because they didn't have a loving star player there like Phillip Rivers?

Both of these teams are going to move again within a decade.

Don't be dramatic. The Rams might realistically have been the most boring team in the NFL this season, in a new market, in a lovely stadium. This is a business plan for the next few decades. It's going to take time, and that was expected.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Raiders to SD would be great and needs to happen.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Brooks posted:

Raiders to SD would be great and needs to happen.

It would be funny but it would not own nearly as much as the Mojave Raiders.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Don't be dramatic. The Rams might realistically have been the most boring team in the NFL this season, in a new market, in a lovely stadium. This is a business plan for the next few decades. It's going to take time, and that was expected.

Kroenke, agreed.

I don't believe for a moment Dean Spanos even thinks he'll be alive for the next few decades, let alone that he'll be satisfied with where he and his baby team are by then, and can easily see him hustling a new place for money before Trump's reelection is over

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
gently caress the Spanos family

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dont give money to billionaires

we didnt

im proud

SD bitch.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chinatown posted:

we didnt

im proud

SD bitch.

You are sounding like a Raider fan already! See how easy that transition was

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

a neat cape posted:

I wonder why San Diego voted this down

Because it's the world's most obvious fig leaf over the fact that we'd use public funds to pay off a billionaire

Chinatown posted:

we didnt

im proud

SD bitch.

:yeah:

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
It sucks for Chargers fans but I'm glad the citizens of SD told them to gently caress off. All of my relatives in LA hate that the Rams moved back and I'm sure they're not going to give a poo poo about the Chargers either.

Ugly Tony fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 13, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think Chargers fans can both be happy that we didn't give a billionaire a stadium, and sad that the team is gone

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Honestly happy for the city of San Diego. gently caress NFL owners.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Rams have a decent following.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I think Chargers fans can both be happy that we didn't give a billionaire a stadium, and sad that the team is gone

Agreed, but it should be channeled into anger at Spanos.

You know, sports fans riot over the dumbest poo poo, it would've been fantastic if the Chargers didn't have any corporate offices to move to LA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

Agreed, but it should be channeled into anger at Spanos.

All three of these emotions have dominated the news for the last 24 hours. Eggs tossed, jerseys left in front of Qualcomm

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

about burning stuff

https://twitter.com/10News/status/819734015934545920

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
All part of Raider transformation

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The new logo tweets got deleted

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This is the real reason LA hasn't had a team for 20 years, not anything about the market or the fans. They told everyone to fuckoff for public funding, and it took entirely privately financed stadium for anything to get built

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Of all the things to find today, I found a $25 PF Chang's gift card while cleaning up some boxes tonight.

If any Chargers fans would like some free PF Chang's, please let me know.

I am serious, this isn't a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I want the Changs

• Locked thread