Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Crofty is the lead commentator in the F1 2016 game if you want a frightening look into our future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Hi howdy here is my unpopular opinion: Crofty, Brundle, and Ted are the best Formula One commentary team out of Sky, BBC, and NBC.

They're so the commentary team I started out with in 2014, so that may play into it, but still they seem like nice guys and while Martin and Ted might not have the most agreeable opinions they all do a good job :shobon:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's a good thing they finally finished that containment building for Chernobyl because I am MELTING DOWN

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Spaced God posted:

Hi howdy here is my unpopular opinion: Crofty, Brundle, and Ted are the best Formula One commentary team out of Sky, BBC, and NBC.

They're so the commentary team I started out with in 2014, so that may play into it, but still they seem like nice guys and while Martin and Ted might not have the most agreeable opinions they all do a good job :shobon:

lol look at this noob who never got to enjoy the tones of James Hunt and Murray Walker

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

It's a good thing they finally finished that containment building for Chernobyl because I am MELTING DOWN

I haven't seen a good "your a shitposter" meltdown from you in a bit. Seems due

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

You Am I posted:

lol look at this noob who never got to enjoy the tones of James Hunt and Murray Walker

Whoops, by the big three networks I meant to imply current era! Walker remains the best commentator (from watching old races)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I haven't seen a good "your a shitposter" meltdown from you in a bit. Seems due

Sorry, I'm busy being filled with care about Nintendo things.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Oh yeh man waggle fighting, iOS style reaction games and old ports. Nintendo is like the Leigh Diffey of game developing - useless trash.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't give a hot gay gently caress about Nintendo but I did sit through a 90 minute kart club meeting tonight and old 1500quid is being assfucked by my class changing tire manufacturers and I'm probably going to need to actually pay for tires this year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 13, 2017

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Thats what you get for having dreams and hobbies outside of sitting on your rear end surfing the web pal.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Fiat. Emmissions. Cheating?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.d47e7e7c5e4c

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/business/epa-emissions-cheating-diesel-fiat-chrysler-jeep-dodge.html?_r=0

Sergio Marchionne, chief executive of Fiat Chrysler, mounted an impassioned defense, denying that the company had intentionally broken the law.

“There’s not a guy” at the automaker “who would try something as stupid” as cheating on emissions tests, he said on a call with reporters.

“We don’t belong to a class of criminals,” Mr. Marchionne said. “We have done, in our view, nothing that is illegal.”

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't give a hot gay gently caress about Nintendo but I did sit through a 90 minute kart club meeting tonight and old 1500quid is being assfucked by my class changing tire manufacturers and I'm probably going to need to actually pay for tires this year.

This is why I sim race. Also karting where I live doesn't exist.=/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/detroit-auto-show/2017/01/09/fiat-chrysler-ceo-sergio-marchionne-trump-we-need-clarity/96120070/

Marchionne announced on Monday that he would be retiring at the end of 2018.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thank god.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Good, gently caress that smug looking rear end in a top hat. Although, Ferrari does suck tremendously, so I could see why he's so salty all the time.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Its difficult to describe just how hard the BBC are pushing this Fiat Chrysler story and I'm not sure why. Unless of course they are hoping the Fiat pandas get dragged into this and they want to be able to say they got the story first.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Probably because it is a big deal

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not so much in the UK as no one owns those cars.

Anyway, They did have something. They just announced on the bbc news that Renault is under investigation in France for rigging emissions tests.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38607678
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...n-a7525241.html

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 13, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

This is why I sim race. Also karting where I live doesn't exist.=/

Didn't you spend like $1500 on a set of pedals or something though? That was half my budget last year and that includes replacing an engine that blew up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Didn't you spend like $1500 on a set of pedals or something though? That was half my budget last year and that includes replacing an engine that blew up.

Naw my pedals are "only" 300.

I do have a direct drive wheel though...

I'd love to Kart. It's just not feasible here.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Is there any EU car maker that doesn't cheat? It's almost as bad as the EU F1 drivers

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Morgan and Ferrari, everyone else are frauds.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does Britain even make cars anymore? Joke nation

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lotus (with Toyota Engines).

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Norns posted:

Naw my pedals are "only" 300.

I do have a direct drive wheel though...

I'd love to Kart. It's just not feasible here.

Looking to get into an entry-level wheel/pedals/shifter. Should I look for a deal on logitech g29 or go for thrustmaster tx300? I'd plan on building the PVC frame for it most likely

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Alain Post posted:

We make a fuckton, we just don't design them anymore

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

dreesemonkey posted:

Looking to get into an entry-level wheel/pedals/shifter. Should I look for a deal on logitech g29 or go for thrustmaster tx300? I'd plan on building the PVC frame for it most likely

I'd get the t300. It's belt driven vs gear driven like the g29.

My old wheel was the Thrustmaster TX. Same internals. I'd still have It if in didn't get such a good deal on my Accuforce.

The g29 isn't a terrible wheel. But that loving gear rattle will murder you in stuff like Dirt Rally.

Edit:
Oh poo poo you needed a shifter too....Long term I'd say you'll still be happier with the belt driven wheel. But a shifter on top of that will add another 100 or 150...

The shifter that comes with the G29 isn't amazing. But it comes with one...

Norns fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

We have a thread if you want to ask more questions:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Lotus (with Toyota Engines).

Malaysian owned.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We make morgans and most formula 1 cars.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Britain even makes the Mercedes Formula 1 cars. Britain loves helping Germany conquer the world.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
English and Germans are basically the same.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

English and Germans are basically the same.

Even the Queen is German.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Norns posted:

I'd get the t300. It's belt driven vs gear driven like the g29.

My old wheel was the Thrustmaster TX. Same internals. I'd still have It if in didn't get such a good deal on my Accuforce.

The g29 isn't a terrible wheel. But that loving gear rattle will murder you in stuff like Dirt Rally.

Edit:
Oh poo poo you needed a shifter too....Long term I'd say you'll still be happier with the belt driven wheel. But a shifter on top of that will add another 100 or 150...

The shifter that comes with the G29 isn't amazing. But it comes with one...

Thanks for the info, actually the G29/G920 doesn't come with a shifter anymore. In fact, the wheel (other than the new buttons) is apparently identical internally to the G27. So it's actually a pretty big ripoff overall.

I think I'm aiming for a cheap used G27 if I can find one (because I could probably get that and build a base for under $500ish), if not I'll suck it up and go thrustmaster tx300 probably. Maybe. Someday.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm of two minds about this. On one hand no more Brundle commentary if he did die, on the other we would've probably had Crofty as lead commentator.

Croft IS lead, Brundle is color

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

We make a fuckton, we just don't design them anymore

The Austin Fuckton was sorely under appreciated.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Totally different from the Morris Fuckton, despite being designed by the same guy and made at the same place

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I went karting after work on Thursday for 2.5 hours straight and qualified to drive Pro karts. poo poo those things are a different animal but a ton of fun. Powering out of corners and catching the rear is a blast, the learning curve is also a welcomed change.

I'm now about to hunt for my own helmet and some gloves.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If you can get away with it just buy baseball batting gloves. Entry level karting gloves are garbage and batting glove are going to have the feel of a real high end glove for about $30-40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Alain Post posted:

This is like complaining that our Murray doesn't win enough Grand Slams. When all the european tennis players are doping, it's hard to win even if you're the best

• Locked thread