Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

hyperdevbox posted:

weak wrists big dick posted:

will there be collectibles in this game, similar to Fallout: New Vegas?
Yes!

like these??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Two days before my lava lamp phone app went live i see this guys snowglobe app just crushing it and i had to go back to the drawing board

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Willfrey posted:

Two days before my lava lamp phone app went live i see this guys snowglobe app just crushing it and i had to go back to the drawing board

Idea: somehow make the lava lamp a guillotine.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Saxophone posted:

Tbf, that poo poo was actually pretty funny.

Not as funny as them thinking that any of this is going to get people to give them money, either now or in the increasingly unlikely scenario that this shitpile would ever be completed

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

Some sort of sci-fi guillotine, where you insert your head into the lamp and a color blob just engulfs it and pops the head right off.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

crap now i'm jonesing for the pathologic remake, thanks thread

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

GunnerJ posted:

well i was experimenting with different things, tried shaking my lavalamp like a snowglobe but i burned my hand real bad

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
My lava lamp game is based in ancient rome during Mt. Vesuvius eruption. Our plucky main character scampers away from the lava and snatches an apple from a fruit vendor dying in agony

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nerdz posted:

My lava lamp game is based in ancient rome during Mt. Vesuvius eruption. Our plucky main character scampers away from the lava and snatches an apple from a fruit vendor dying in agony

Historically inaccurate!

Vesuvius would've cooked Pompeii and Herculaneum in under a second once the heat surge arrived. It would be too fast to hurt if you were outside.

Now people hidden in basements that got killed by collapsing roofs, that's a different story.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Yeah, so far, besides general entertainment, the best thing this thread has produced is a desire in me to back Pathological. Because holy poo poo that looks dope.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Sdoots posted:

When I think of the big names in games, my list includes the heavy hitters. You know, Sid Meier, Shigeru Miyamato, Gulliermo Del Toro, Hideki Kamiya, Ken Levine, Hideo Kojima, Shinji Mikami, Suda 51, Ed Boon, Jimmy Page, Swery, Iga, others who I will remember in like an hour, and of course, HyperDevBox.

I see that John Romero has not made you his bitch sufficiently yet.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Saxophone posted:

Yeah, so far, besides general entertainment, the best thing this thread has produced is a desire in me to back Pathological. Because holy poo poo that looks dope.

Russian/Eastern European videogames always feel surreal and like a vodka fueled fever dream, though it's oddly satisfying to experience.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Yes, that's why even with the very poorly executed IGG (Something Ronthouer now concedes) they were able to drum up a sizable portion of the requested funds!

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Prism posted:

Historically inaccurate!

Vesuvius would've cooked Pompeii and Herculaneum in under a second once the heat surge arrived. It would be too fast to hurt if you were outside.

Now people hidden in basements that got killed by collapsing roofs, that's a different story.

This is a good example of why I still love my dead gay forums - I actually learn poo poo here. Who knew I'd learn a fact about the Vesuvius explosion in a thread about a JRPG?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Thursday Next posted:

This is a good example of why I still love my dead gay forums - I actually learn poo poo here. Who knew I'd learn a fact about the Vesuvius explosion in a thread about a JRPG?
Well, given that this thread is not, in fact, about a JRPG...

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Thursday Next posted:

In that case, have some bonus education. I'm not an expert, but I remember some of the articles when the new findings were reported.

The pyroclastic surge is what would have killed the people outside in Pompeii. A pyroclastic surge is a mass of gas, ash, and rock fragments that moves almost like a fluid; it's a lighter version of a pyroclastic flow, but a surge has more volcanic gases and can more easily roil uphill and around obstacles. They can move up to about 250-300 miles per hour; the Mount St. Helens pyroclastic surges were in that range. There's a few kinds and stages of pyroclastic surges, but because of the time since Vesuvius the results are kind of mixed together by now.

When the bodies were first found buried in pyroclastic junk, they were believe to have writhed in agony because they're in unusual positions and sometimes contorted. More studies suggested that what happened is that the thermal shock from the base surge hit and killed them immediately - the surge Vesuvius would have produced would probably have been in the 600F range, and moving 250+ miles per hour. This knocks people and objects over, and also causes a spasm in dead bodies when it does really unpleasant things to cell structure (and the water in muscle cells) called the cadaveric spasm; it causes the muscles to seize and then lock, like extremely rapid rigor mortis. Then they were buried and twisted around by the movement of the ash-cloud parts of the pyroclastic surges, which hit with more force and can bury things as they lead into the ground surge stage.

All of this is more educational than anything in Thermidor.

Prism fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 12, 2017

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Prism posted:

In that case, have some bonus education. I'm not an expert, but I remember some of the articles when the new findings were reported.

(real metal stuff about people getting fuckin' owned)

All of this is more educational than anything in Thermidor.

Getting hit by a pyroclastic surge is more educational and probably more pleasant than Thermidor. You heard it here folks.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sdoots posted:

Getting hit by a pyroclastic surge is more educational and probably more pleasant than Thermidor. You heard it here folks.

Maybe there should be a volcano in Thermidor. It wouldn't be any less historically inaccurate. Thermaldor.

As an aside to hyperdevbox so I'm sort of on topic: I wanted to like the concept, because I love history and also RPGs, but sadly you couldn't grab me for the reasons previously mentioned in this thread and the one you ditched. Maybe try again some year, after some real hard work.

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 12, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Prism posted:

after some real hard work.

hahahahahahaha

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kelp Me! posted:

hahahahahahaha

Well, yeah, that's about the response I expect...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
i'm forced to wonder if hyperdevbox considers anyone who downloaded they're lovely mobile apps a 'fan'

also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadGlB-_lEg

whose hands are these ron? those nails are rachet as gently caress

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

6 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

7 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

8 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

9 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

10 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

11 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

12 January 2017 - $1082 USD raised by 25 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

Total increase in amount raised between 28 December 2016 to 12 January 2017 - $280

Total increase in number of backers between 28 December 2016 to 12 January 2017 - 3

No. of days left - 17

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $238,918.00

Average amount of new funds per day required to meet target - $14,054.00

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

nearly busting through that 0.5% mark, go team hyperdevbox

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
joke's on us, they were just pretending to make a game anyway

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's been a long-rear end time since school but who would read a series of effortposts on the revolution, if this thread is still alive in like a week or so

the french revolution is legit one of the most interesting spans of human history and i wouldn't want anyone to go away thinking it was just guillotines and bad jrpg pitches

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's been a long-rear end time since school but who would read a series of effortposts on the revolution, if this thread is still alive in like a week or so

the french revolution is legit one of the most interesting spans of human history and i wouldn't want anyone to go away thinking it was just guillotines and bad jrpg pitches
Yeah sure

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Hell yeah

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Reiterpallasch posted:

100% would.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I am very interested but I also think you should PM your posts to me and let me post them so that happydumbox can't see them :v:

he doesn't deserve them

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Jesus Christ, Real Snowglobe is even more boring than I thought it would be. Who the hell thinks that kind of thing is worth making? Is there some sort of snowglobe fetish out there?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OneTwentySix posted:

Jesus Christ, Real Snowglobe is even more boring than I thought it would be. Who the hell thinks that kind of thing is worth making? Is there some sort of snowglobe fetish out there?

Okay but does it actually function? It's a thing which exists?

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Prism posted:

100% would.

Same

I like learning things, thank you!

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

I liked HyperDevBox waaay back in the day for porting more involved titles to Android when everyone else was completely ignoring the platform. Sure, Spectral Souls ain't exactly the best thing out there, but it's not like Square wanted anything to do with the platform back then so it was all we had, and the porting was competent.

So this... this is a shame. I don't blame them for having ambitions, and I'm not even as opposed to the notion of trivializing a complicated and violent period in history as everyone else is (children's entertainment has done that for ages). But porting some PSP games to Android and slapping a virtual joystick on them isn't a basis for asking people for money on a completely original title. You've got to have SOMETHING meaningful to show, and PR that's willing to listen rather than get defensive and fight back at the slightest resistance or provocation, because you're asking for our money.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I am always game for long winded historical posts!

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I am always game for long winded historical posts!

:hfive:

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

sethsez posted:

You've got to have SOMETHING meaningful to show.

I don't know why some people are getting the impression that we haven't released any games, and only did porting for Android...
Here is a list of the main titles we have developed:
  • Matchiiz
  • Indy 500 Arcade Racing
  • ExZeus
  • ExZeus 2
  • LoveCatch

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

I don't know why some people are getting the impression that we haven't released any games, and only did porting for Android...
  • Matchiiz
  • Indy 500 Arcade Racing
  • ExZeus
  • ExZeus 2
  • LoveCatch

You're forgetting the most important AAA+ title you guys made:

Real Snowglobe

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hyperdevbox posted:

• Matchiiz
  • Indy 500 Arcade Racing
  • ExZeus
  • ExZeus 2
  • LoveCatch

to be fair, you really shouldn't be telling people you developed those. stick with ported, it looks better

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

this is a stickup posted:

to be fair, you really shouldn't be telling people you developed those. stick with ported, it looks better

Why is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Why is that?

Someone tell him to google "shovelware"

• Locked thread