Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SNES games with online is crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I don't think the real people in the mario world look that much dumber than the pianas in sunshine or w/e. I doubt you really interact with them in any way... Yeah it's probably better without them but who cares that much.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The lack of virtual console stuff is some poo poo though.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

They briefly, as an aside, mentioned that voice, chat, and parties will be handled via smartphone app, lol.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

why tf wasn't this fully in the presentation

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

where's metroid

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and there's an annual fee a'la Xbox Live/Playstation Plus

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Oh Don Piano posted:

Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

thats col

This is some drat win. That's a good start for what still kind of looks like might be a lovely online service

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok i wasnt going crazy that was SFII. But theyre adding new characters lol. I guess its been like 4 years since capcom released a new version of SFII, they cant let that tradition die any time soon

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hopefully if you already bought mario kart 8 you can get mario kart 8 deluxe for the cost that they would've charged for a battle mode dlc

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Holy ahit, just realized the original NES game also had 'Zelda' in the title. Crazy how they're bringing back full circle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube posted:

hopefully if you already bought mario kart 8 you can get mario kart 8 deluxe for the cost that they would've charged for a battle mode dlc

Lol...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

The hats a cool idea but since 90% of that trailer was galaxy style milieus why even have the city poo poo.

he's on an Oddessy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*loudly into phone* yeh- HELLO? You there, hang on I'll add you. gently caress. I closed it. *hits home button 40 times, while accidentally launching the Fart App which then plays 40 Farts in super fast time*

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

When can I pre-order in America

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Oh Don Piano posted:

Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

thats col

sounds like you only get to keep the game for that month, unlike ps+. lame

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

frank.club posted:

where's metroid

nobody wants to play those boring 80s throwback games, Old. Man. *your psyche bar drains*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GameCube posted:

hopefully the trade-in credit for the wiiu is crazy high to make up for half the games being ports lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Holy ahit, just realized the original NES game also had 'Zelda' in the title. Crazy how they're bringing back full circle.

imagine if someone in the new game says "it's dangerous to go alone." how epic would that be

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*loudly into phone* yeh- HELLO? You there, hang on I'll add you. gently caress. I closed it. *hits home button 40 times, while accidentally launching the Fart App which then plays 40 Farts in super fast time*

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

nobody wants to play those boring 80s throwback games, Old. Man. *your psyche bar drains*

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Ok i wasnt going crazy that was SFII. But theyre adding new characters lol. I guess its been like 4 years since capcom released a new version of SFII, they cant let that tradition die any time soon

yeah that poo poo is wild

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

hopefully the trade-in credit for the wiiu is crazy high to make up for half the games being ports lol

lol.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I heard someone mention a new rayman? Hell yeah if so

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

GameCube posted:

imagine if someone in the new game says "it's dangerous to go alone." how epic would that be

It rhymes, it's like poetry.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think a dense cityscape is a cool idea for a mario level. but the regular people are bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Every single wii u exclusive is oging to get a switch port except mario maker probably

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

did they show how this thing reads games? like is it a disc or cartridge or download only?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

did they show how this thing reads games? like is it a disc or cartridge or download only?

Its carts like 3DS

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

online snes multiplayer, thats a lot to think about

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Its carts like 3DS

cool

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
so do the joy con's really have ice in them.or??

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

they didn't mention that or storage capacity which again, is loving weird since its out in 6 weeks

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

can't believe no pikmin :(

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

they didn't mention that or storage capacity which again, is loving weird since its out in 6 weeks

500GB

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Zas posted:

3 just came out a couple of years ago...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

theres a pikmin 3ds game coming out this year. but pikmin 3 was relatively late on wiiu so hold tight fellow pikmaniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Internal memory

32GB of internal memory, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. Users can easily expand storage space using microSDXC cards.