Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Modus Pwnens posted:

The Japanese site makes it a little more clear that the monthly free game (games?) with the paid online service will change each month; that is, you'll lose access to the previous month's. Super lame.

E: posting just to make sure I'm not crazy.

Nintendo is bad at internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently they're adding online play to some VC games.

Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 aren't even on the VC so who cares.

E: Apparently 2 is, Evermore still isn't so gently caress all y'all.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

So what's coming out at launch aside from Zelda?

1 2 Switch, which seems like a minigame collection party game thing designed for an easy gateway game for casual players

ARMS, a neat looking game where you run around an arena punching at the opponent with your extendable arms. Uses motion controls to punch, steer your punches, guard, etc. No idea how deep it is. Has multiplayer, described as being deeper than 1 2 Switch, probably more complex and not aimed directly at casual players as a party device/gateway game

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo takes that "delete your ROMs after 24 hours" thing seriously huh

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This news is all real bad. I wanted them to knock it out of the park but the pricing, online stuff, and launch titles are disappointing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sincerely hope there's more to MK8: Deluxe then just Battle Mode and 3(?) new characters. Are the boy and girl inkling different characters or do you get a color/gender swap like the trailer kinda implied?

Also I totally hope that there's alternate musical tracks for each stage. Even if it's just a single new song per track.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dolphin posted:

I would be. On paper it reads like Wii U Part 2: Electric you get the idea.

If you ignore the utter advertising fiasco that the WiiU was.

Anyway, Investors worry, it's what they do.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Pureauthor posted:

Nintendo is bad at internet.

That's why they made a deal with DeNA: To do the internets for them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sincerely hope there's more to MK8: Deluxe then just Battle Mode and 3(?) new characters. Are the boy and girl inkling different characters or do you get a color/gender swap like the trailer kinda implied?

Also I totally hope that there's alternate musical tracks for each stage. Even if it's just a single new song per track.

It also adds the ability to carry 2 items at once and the Boo and feather items return. I don't think we'll get much more other that all that stuff and 1080p since the description page doesn't leave much ambiguity.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-kart-8-deluxe-switch

I'm sure it'll get DLC though if it does well though. It makes sense to turn the game into a platform since it'll probably be popular throughout the Switch's lifespan.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 13, 2017

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I just want to be able to buy a game on the eShop without going through like 15 different screens. Is that so much to ask?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I hope they manage to hack the Switch real quickly so that people can make a gay hack for FE Warriors, too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was Waluigi Pinball in mario kart 8 wii u?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Amazon.de has it with the price tag of 330 euros, come the gently caress on, Nintendo, the thought process shouldn't be "maybe I'll get this nintendo with 4 hour battery life or a PS4 slim"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FirstAidKite posted:

No. It better be the first track if they go ahead with DLC.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hey, look on the bright side - when this thing dies in the market again, there will be a new Nintendo console for you to buy by 2020.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

No, it came back in 7 though.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Terper posted:

I hope they manage to hack the Switch real quickly so that people can make a gay hack for FE Warriors, too

The big(ger) titty mod will thrust FE: Warriors into Skyrim status

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Golden Goat posted:

So what's coming out at launch aside from Zelda?

So Nintendo's latest and greatest innovative system will drop with one major game with the rest to follow 6+ months down the line. Thankfully the Wii-u is actually pretty great-/long after its release--with a ton of games to work through

This feels so familiar though...

Paid online service that probably won't even be improved upon? Did I read that right, the games are only free for that month? Aren't the games just VC poo poo like NES/SNES games? Maybe I'm the minority, while I enjoy nostalgia, I really don't care much for playint stupid hard SNES/NES games

lol

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 13, 2017

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

1 2 Switch, which seems like a minigame collection party game thing designed for an easy gateway game for casual players

ARMS, a neat looking game where you run around an arena punching at the opponent with your extendable arms. Uses motion controls to punch, steer your punches, guard, etc. No idea how deep it is. Has multiplayer, described as being deeper than 1 2 Switch, probably more complex and not aimed directly at casual players as a party device/gateway game

Welp I'll probably wait til more comes out cause those ain't selling it for me.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
four hundred and seventy dollars australian
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Heh

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/819841321099665409

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So Nintendo's latest and greatest innovative system will drop with one major game with the rest to follow 6+ months down the line. Thankfully the Wii-u is actually pretty great-/long after its release--with a ton of games to work through

This feels so familiar though...

Paid online service that probably won't even be improved upon? Did I read that right, the games are only free for that month? Aren't the games just VC poo poo like NES/SNES games? Maybe I'm the minority, while I enjoy nostalgia, I really don't care much for playint stupid hard SNES/NES games

lol

Yea, and they already announced the first three (free trial?) games. Think it was two NES and one SNES game. All three were such poo poo that I've already forgotten all three. Wouldn't you want to front load the free trial period with the best sellers, and not poo poo? I sure hope this forced online stuff is less than $50/year, but I won't bat an eye if it's $60 or higher.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I preordered the switch because yeah, there's some bad stuff, but I also totally skipped the wii u so it'll be cool to be playing nintendo games again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Welp I'll probably wait til more comes out cause those ain't selling it for me.

There'll most certainly be others in addition to those two. Breath of the wild, 1 2 Switch, and ARMS are just the only 3 confirmed launch titles from that switch event thing. I dunno if that'll help you at all but hopefully it does :D

SeANMcBAY posted:

No. It better be the first track if they go ahead with DLC.

Why the gently caress would they ever remove Waluigi Pinball, that's like one of the greatest courses

Then again, 8 also had the lame-rear end battle mode where from what I've heard it didn't even have block fort or the big donut style stages so wtf

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Neo Geo confirmed for Virtual Console just announced by SNK.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

Moonwalking is a subset of walking :eng101:

All moonwalking is walking, but not all walking is moonwalking.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hmm, so games are going to be on those mini cartridges? I won't be downloading them to a microSD card? Is the SD card just going to be used for saves then?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

All moonwalking is walking, but not all walking is moonwalking.

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Honestly it was a better conference than both the Xbox one and both Wii u reveals. It was too Japanese centric though and I need to know what Retro and Monster are up to.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think they probably would just say that portability and having all the DLC bundled in is the plus. Different strokes, of course.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

There'll most certainly be others in addition to those two. Breath of the wild, 1 2 Switch, and ARMS are just the only 3 confirmed launch titles from that switch event thing. I dunno if that'll help you at all but hopefully it does :D

If there's more coming out aside from those then that's good but honestly for it to be worth it to me they'd have to be Switch exclusive.

Otherwise I'm fine waiting til the other announced games come out.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I've preordered on amazon uk, praying every day to iwata-san for news on wiiu ports

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Man, that poor translator they had for the Splatoon guy and Suda51 wasn't having a good time. I know how stressful simultaneous interpreting is (if your concentration slips even briefly and you didn't quite get everything the guy said, you're hosed), but the other translator was totally fine and this guy just seemed nervous and unsure about the whole thing. Wonder if he was new to this or if he was just having an off day.

I also wonder how comically inflated the price for the Switch is going to be here in :finland:. I expect nothing less than 399.99 euros.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

enojy posted:

Yea, and they already announced the first three (free trial?) games. Think it was two NES and one SNES game. All three were such poo poo that I've already forgotten all three. Wouldn't you want to front load the free trial period with the best sellers, and not poo poo? I sure hope this forced online stuff is less than $50/year, but I won't bat an eye if it's $60 or higher.

I think one of the major appeals to Nintendo was that, even though their online was poo poo, it was extremely easy and free to jump on to say, Mario Kart online alone or with a friend. Little kids could manage it and non-tech savvy parents that don't trust the internet didnt have to put their CC details in.

I knew it probably wouldn't play wii-u games but that would be cool. There's just such a huge backlog there

So will the Wii-u line of pro controllers work with it...?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 13, 2017

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I woke up having heard Walmart and Best Buy already did their preorders but going to both show that I can still preorder it. I'd wanna do it from Walmart and not Best Buy since Best Buy has a good track record of taking too many preorders and then telling you you're poo poo outta luck but has anyone from Amazon said when they're opening theirs?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Parental controls now come in an app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdWHOW9zqc

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Parental controls now come in an app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdWHOW9zqc

Holy poo poo, Bowser has Peach as his wallpaper

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

teagone posted:

Hmm, so games are going to be on those mini cartridges? I won't be downloading them to a microSD card? Is the SD card just going to be used for saves then?

If you buy games through digital download you can store them on the internal HDD or on MicroSD.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

If there's more coming out aside from those then that's good but honestly for it to be worth it to me they'd have to be Switch exclusive.

Otherwise I'm fine waiting til the other announced games come out.

That is fine, what is important is that you have decided for yourself what you want and when you will want it and holding off until it meets that criteria, which is a responsible way to handle the situation since it allows you to see how the system turns out :) Regardless, I hope that you enjoy it if/when you eventually get it, just as I hope I someday enjoy it many years from that when I can afford a used system maybe :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TG-Chrono posted:

four hundred and seventy dollars australian
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that
indeed

• Locked thread