Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

oatgan posted:

the gypsy people have long suffered through history but they are welcome on rowdy ringsports, let's get back to the action

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/818631174461554690

what a cute couple!
Are we sure it wasn't cocaine that came out of his nose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Are we sure it wasn't cocaine that came out of his nose?

Someone already sort of made that joke!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I think it's worth pointing out that Paige is claiming that the first wellness is not due to drugs but because of some paperwork issue that's probably her fault.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How many episodes of Total Divas are left? Because things are about to get interesting

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

keevo posted:

I think it's worth pointing out that Paige is claiming that the first wellness is not due to drugs but because of some paperwork issue that's probably her fault.

I believe she says it was something she has a prescription for, the second could theoretically be for refusing to show up for a test. There's money to be made with her still but I'm sure both parties are wary of working together any time soon

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MotU posted:

wwe didnt like them together and she wanted to stay with him anyways basically stifling her tenure there; del rio doing the best he can to burn every bridge by no showing indie shows. both of them come off as Weird Peeps during the whole thing

like the things they have both done kind of explain it well enough already, you seem to just be reading the reactions to things rather than the things they are reacting to

ijii posted:

1. Alberto had a wife and has kids, why would a young gal want to marry someone who will probably cheat on her anyways.
2. Rumor has it Alberto likes his drugs and negatively influences Paige with them, (she got wellnessed twice recently).
3. Due to number 2, Paige's own career is circling the toilet which is bad for WWE and bad for her WWE fans who loves watching her wrestle. It's bad for her because she might lose her career and if things end up not working out with Alberto she's going to end up hosed (ie: See Chyna).

kk, understood

like keep in mind I went into this thread with absolutely no knowledge of ADR or Paige as people off the top of my head

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I told you already it's A PRESCRIPTION!

For cocaine

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
ADR is my age, likes getting zooted out of his skull on blow and beating up ninja turtles & Paige is a cute 23yo goth/chav idiot with a sixth grade education. They're carnie as gently caress with an international flair

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alberto is still married too, I believe.

He's also 39 and Paige is 24, and that's pretty icky too.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

kk, understood

like keep in mind I went into this thread with absolutely no knowledge of ADR or Paige as people off the top of my head

at this point, the thread is mostly about marveling at all the poo poo they get into together and not any actual condemnation of them

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

at this point, the thread is mostly about marveling at all the poo poo they get into together and not any actual condemnation of them

i condemn them

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
okay, aside from MotU's condemnation

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I did, it was mostly people saying "she's throwing her career away! she's making a terrible decision!" and nobody really satisfactorily explaining where the hell they were coming from on that

e: like I'm not trying to stick up for their marriage or anything, I'm legit just getting the impression there's something y'all know and I don't

Here's one way of putting it: if I were interviewing them, I couldn't think of a single thing to ask them about what they're doing now that wouldn't be massively insulting.

She had a WWE career, possibly could have been one of the major figures in the women's division for a decade plus, whereas now she's just going to be doing weird indy things while in love with a guy who seems to be an rear end in a top hat in the 'does drugs, fights people, all his business ventures fail, doesn't show up to shows' kind of way.

This thread is super fun about every two weeks when they get into another ridiculous awful thing, like the turtle fight, or the nightclub brawl. I really hope next time it's them at a lucha show with female ninja turtle wrestlers, and Paige fights them.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

That was same exact age disparity between my uncle and his second wife until she served him papers out of nowhere about 7 years into the marriage.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I'm calling it. Del Rio's next business plan will be "Alberto's Baking Company", and they it will prominently feature in a notorious episode of Kitchen Nightmares.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Ageist?

God forbid I factually comment on the Knight family but Saraya and Ricky have a similar age gap.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Somehow Paige is still the most balanced member of her family.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

24 and 39 is only icky if you are still in your mid 20s and jealous that an older and cooler good looking dude with more money and more experience in the sack is scooping up the hot babes that are your age.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Mulaney Power Move posted:

24 and 39 is only icky if you are still in your mid 20s and jealous that an older and cooler good looking dude with more money and more experience in the sack is scooping up the hot babes that are your age.

sometimes it's cool to be in your thirties

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's normal for people in their mid 20's to still be immature and figuring out who they are so dating older guys is a great way to learn how to life but it becomes moot when the person you're dating is equally crazy and immature

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Scooping up the hot babes here

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The cutoff for creepy/not creepy is half your age plus 7. The reason this is established is because common shared formative social experiences are crucial to couples coexisting in close proximity.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King Bahamut posted:

ADR is my age, likes getting zooted out of his skull on blow and beating up ninja turtles & Paige is a cute 23yo goth/chav idiot with a sixth grade education. They're carnie as gently caress with an international flair

Thats not very nice!

Also i just watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie where all the people gave the doctor crap for having a nice young girlfriend and in the end they broke up. I wish Alberto and Paige happiness.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was I supposed to be assigned a babe scoop

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

The cutoff for creepy/not creepy is half your age plus 7. The reason this is established is because common shared formative social experiences are crucial to couples coexisting in close proximity.

I find that people who haven't been in many long-term relationships (or none at all) are the ones who tend to perpetuate this bullshit guideline the most. I know several couples with wide age disparities and it's entirely circumstantial. I've seen it not work out, but for reasons other than age gaps. Generally though the younger of the two is mature beyond their years and that's why it works. One of my friends is 25 and already in a PhD program, and her husband is 38 and an academic colleague who stopped at his Masters to work in his career field. Another is a state worker and the other works in IT, they're 32 and 44 and have been rock solid for 9 years. The number isn't indicative of anything, it's up to the individual. In these specific circumstances, yeah, Paige probably isn't the most mature person to handle that, but it's dumb to say a couple shouldn't be together "because math".

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i date younger women because women my age consider me an abject failure

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thats not very nice!

Also i just watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie where all the people gave the doctor crap for having a nice young girlfriend and in the end they broke up. I wish Alberto and Paige happiness.

Personally I wish them wellness.
I would be happy to see this thread go away because nothing bad/stupid has happened to either one of them for an extended period.
But in the interim I am possessed of sufficient Schadenfreude to enjoy this stupidity.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

your standard for 'an extended period' is an outlier imo

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

Personally I wish them wellness.

No worries, it won't be long! til her third I mean

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

rovert posted:

Ageist?

God forbid I factually comment on the Knight family but Saraya and Ricky have a similar age gap.

Lol, quit trying to cover up for being a racist poo poo.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It wasn't racist he meant Irish not Romani

now if I told him his mom had a nice periwinkle blue caravan, that would be racist

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

do you ever think before you post rovert or does it just all come gushing out

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am rovert's proof reader and I sent six drafts back to him before I let him post.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I am rovert's proof reader and I sent six drafts back to him before I let him post.

Does he pay you in scoops?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Does he pay you in scoops?

RGL runs rovert's twitter so he's not technically quoting his own tweets

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this thread isn't about rovert its about the greatest love story of our generation

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

oatgan posted:

this thread isn't about rovert its about the greatest love story of our generation

So it is about rovert and PSP?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oatgan posted:

Rusev and Lana?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the bennifer to paige and alberto's romeo and juliet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

do you ever think before you post rovert or does it just all come gushing out

I did. Posted the second line hoping SA wouldn't SA about the first line but of course they did anyway. Ricky Knight is a Romani gypsy. No one in the family hides this fact nor should they. Saraya married into it. Paige self identifies as a gypsy in her Twitter profile. Norwich is known for it's gypsy population which is where they are from. Gypsy families do tend to have extended families: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Saraya's social media is DOES outline her families death, marriages and births rather frequently.

I was questioning why this one in particular got so much attention as she's already a grandmother a few times over and fair fucks to her. Personally I thought it was no big deal.

• Locked thread