Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
when ya think about it everyone is doomed really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

European release schedule, might not work with everywhere else.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/819935233546063872

Ya know even as someone who liked the Switch already I was not sold on having a huge lineup. Seeing this list for year one..I'm actually more excited!

Also I never got Mario Kart 8 so :toot:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

only in this thread

Somebody post today's ntdoy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

When is nintendo going to give up on this poo poo. Just make games for other consoles and handhelds and basically everyone will be better off

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

zenintrude posted:

But you have a month to claim them for free...

Read this again:

You get a month to download them for free... sounds like the same system to me.

I read that as "Download this game and you will get to play it for free for a month, and after that, you no longer have access to it". Being that they are loving up everything else with this, I am sure they are loving that up too.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Between my PC and Switch what games would I miss?

Red dead?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I can't believe this stream has been on for an hour and a half and they've only showed one game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Phone posted:

Nintendo didn't charge for multiplayer when I received an SNES for Christmas as a small child! See, this is why Nintendo has completely screwed the pooch and why they're doomed to fail forever.

Nintendo didn't charge for multiplayer on the WiiU. Also Nintendo's online stuff has been really lacking, though the 3DS estore is decent enough in design.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

babypolis posted:

When is nintendo going to give up on this poo poo. Just make games for other consoles and handhelds and basically everyone will be better off

They are the handhelds, and they're making it for them exclusively.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So with a little more info I'm still at the same spot- I have like zero reason to buy this thing until some limited-userbase-time multiplayer game (it's Spla2n) comes out and that's happening in the summer

Hopefully by that time we'll also know more about when the other games are coming out for the thing and they'll have the supply-chain issues sorted as well so I can just go pick one up.

As for there being like no games at launch I feel like this is every console. There hasn't been a real reason for me to pick up a console at launch in... ever.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

s.i.r.e. posted:

How? Other than Zelda nothing looked good and it basically showed how out of touch Nintendo is with modern gaming experiences and how they're botching their new console that's supposed to replaced their worst console since the Virtual Boy.

I understand rose-tinted glasses or being naïve, but good loving jesus.

Yeah, see, I don't understand why they're releasing good games like ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Super Bomberman R. It looks terrible.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still think the presentation was pretty good but I'm not happy with the cost of accessories and paying for online. Also not happy about full price Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with no discount for people that had it on Wii U. That voice chat thing is the stupidest poo poo since I might as well just call or Skype my friends like I did playing Wii U games with my friends.

I'm looking forward to more announced games coming out on this than anything on PC/PS4 this year so I'm not too down on it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 13, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

babypolis posted:

Don't worry the 180s are still inbound

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ethanol posted:

Somebody post today's ntdoy

please dont use the market right after an event to justify if an event was successful or not.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

zenintrude posted:

Read this again:

Someone read the direct Japanese quote and it really makes it sound more like they can only be played in that one month period.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

please dont use the market right after an event to justify if an event was successful or not.

Should i use he number of people itt who currently have two preordered switches?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rexroom posted:

European release schedule, might not work with everywhere else.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/819935233546063872

I don't believe that XB2 will come out in 2017 outside of Japan. Calling it now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

...:smith: gently caress.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Monkey Fracas posted:

So with a little more info I'm still at the same spot- I have like zero reason to buy this thing until some limited-userbase-time multiplayer game (it's Spla2n) comes out and that's happening in the summer

I'm sure Splatoon 2 will last longer than your average online shooter so even then there's no rush.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

s.i.r.e. posted:

How? Honestly.

Launching with Zelda, MK8 Deluxe the following month, Splatoon 2 in the Summer, and a brand new 3D Mario hearkening back to 64 and Sunshine for the Holidays, along with ARMS, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade 2 coming soon. And that's not even mentioning all the third party stuff like Skyrim, Disgaea 5, Bomberman, Sonic Mania (which I'm extremely happy about), new Shin Megami Tensei, Shovel Knight, Ultra Street Fighter II, and Yooka-Laylee, among other games

I'm earnestly excited for all of this and think this is gonna be a great year for Nintendo. It's fine if you don't think otherwise but you could at least not be a buzzkill and try to ruin people's enjoyment and anticipation

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ethanol posted:

Should i use he number of people itt who currently have two preordered switches?

Scalper pre-orders shouldn't count.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also the Japanese reaction to the Switch so far seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So is Splatoon 2 basically Splatoon Deluxe? A couple new maps and new weapons? I guess you could say the same about every other FPS multiplayer online game though

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ethanol posted:

It won't negate the pessimism of posts there have been in this thread about the launch.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/grmartin/status/819937589541109762

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zenintrude posted:

Read this again:

No, that reads that you only get to play them for a month and then you don't have access to them.

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, see, I don't understand why they're releasing good games like ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Super Bomberman R. It looks terrible.

Splatoon 2 looks decent and I haven't seen Bomberman yet, but ARMS looks terrible.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Splatoon 2 looks so fun. I hope that comes out early summer and not late summer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Launching with Zelda, MK8 Deluxe the following month, Splatoon 2 in the Summer, and a brand new 3D Mario hearkening back to 64 and Sunshine for the Holidays, along with ARMS, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade 2 coming soon. And that's not even mentioning all the third party stuff like Skyrim, Disgaea 5, Bomberman, Sonic Mania (which I'm extremely happy about), new Shin Megami Tensei, Shovel Knight, Ultra Street Fighter II, and Yooka-Laylee, among other games

I'm earnestly excited for all of this and think this is gonna be a great year for Nintendo. It's fine if you don't think otherwise but you could at least not be a buzzkill and try to ruin people's enjoyment and anticipation

Not to dampen your enthusiasm too much but at least 1 of those games you listed (most likely 3) will most definitely not be releasing this year.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If it doesn't do too hot, the new pokemon made specifically for it will help.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

zenintrude posted:

Read this again:

It sounds like you only get the game itself for a month

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

babypolis posted:

When is nintendo going to give up on this poo poo.

When it stops making them money.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/laurakbuzz/status/819937981695983616

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mulva posted:

When it stops making them money.

It's been doing that since they launched the WiiU...

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Console for jerks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Looper posted:

It sounds like you only get the game itself for a month

Yeah if you can't read

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hey in addition to Great Game Skyrim which I will totally buy and play again (for sure trust me!) could you guys... also release a port of Fallout NV on this thing? That would be great, thanks

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure Splatoon 2 will last longer than your average online shooter so even then there's no rush.

Yeah, the first one had a super-long life. Was playing it a few months ago and it seemed fine. Just kind of want to jump in at the start this time, y'know?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

TaurusOxford posted:

It's been doing that since they launched the WiiU...

3DS carried them a bit, so it worked out. If this fucks up for them, then they are in trouble.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I hope that in Mario Odyssey you can buy and wear a selection of baller hats.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Saw the Super Mario Odyssey trailer. Seeing Mario run around in a realistic city is a surreal experience. The other levels look gorgeous though. Also, lol at the hat throw. I am happy we are getting another Mario 64/Galaxy style game.

While I'm probably not going to buy a Switch on launch since I always wait on new console releases will definitely be picking one up for that game when it launches. Plus, I need to see this mysterious new console in action before I considering dumping money into one. In the meantime I'll be happily snapping up Wii U games for cheap.

Is Nintendo doomed with the new console? The is answer is they've always been doomed since the N64. Alienating 3rd party developers and making weird consoles is hurting them in the long run, but I don't buy Nintendo consoles to play AAA games, that's what my PC is for. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

Looking forward to throwing Mario's hat around all the wacky worlds he'll be visiting Holiday 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Astro7x posted:

So is Splatoon 2 basically Splatoon Deluxe? A couple new maps and new weapons? I guess you could say the same about every other FPS multiplayer online game though

...No?

• Locked thread