Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

We use this forum to mock virtually every well known coach in the sport for the dumb stuff they say or do.

A mod once spent real life time and money dedicating a website to making fun of a coach for having epilepsy and we thought it was the funniest loving thing ever.

You sure? I think it is him. Pretty sure he's yelled at me like 3 times thinking when I post about Harbaugh it's because VT lost that Sugar Bowl and why am I even bothering posting about Michigan because VT isn't a rival.

That's Marquis de Pyro. Reg is One of the Good Ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kansas has moved back their home and home with Houston back from 2019/20 to 2022/23 to schedule Boston College. It's expected the series will be totally cancelled in favor of a 2-for-1 with Coastal Carolina. UH is now in serious trouble of having to schedule two FCS schools for 2019 and 2020.

The price of being too good in the G5 I guess.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 12, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's Marquis de Pyro. Reg is One of the Good Ones.

You're absolutely right, he is a good one. My mistake. Sometimes I get Michigan Men on the brain and boy I can't stop.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

You're absolutely right, he is a good one. My mistake. Sometimes I get Michigan Men on the brain and boy I can't stop.

Buddy, same.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Fluffdaddy posted:

I love that if anyone says anything about that weirdo you come rushing in to protect his E-honor like you are his cousin or something.

I wasn't rushing to defend his honor in that post by any means.... so yanno.

Crotch Bat posted:

You sure? I think it is him. Pretty sure he's yelled at me like 3 times thinking when I post about Harbaugh it's because VT lost that Sugar Bowl and why am I even bothering posting about Michigan because VT isn't a rival.

I've only chimed in about 3 times to make fun of someone doing it.

If it ended up being you all 3 times, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Colorado School of Mines are the "Orediggers" and their mascot is a bucking rear end.

From two pages ago about the bucking rear end with lit dynamite in its mouth did not get the love and attention it deserved.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

iospace posted:

Every time something bad happened to Bielema in their bowl, I laughed. I hate coaches that use Wisconsin as a launch pad up to other places.

It's not like Bielema really used Wisconsin as a launching pad as Arkansas was a pretty horizontal move.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Former 4* QB Torrance Gibson transfers from Ohio State to Cincinnati because he did something non-criminally really really really stupid

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Former 4* QB Torrance Gibson transfers from Ohio State to Cincinnati because he did something non-criminally really really really stupid

Moving out of town but staying in Ohio?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bip Roberts posted:

His poor judgment is quite consistent.

He'd probably start immediately at UF, and he grew up in Florida. Though, it could be that Ohio State got jobs for his family and they moved up to Ohio, so staying would work.

vvv better explanation

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 12, 2017

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

An Ohio State coach just took over there, and is willing to let him play QB again.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

iospace posted:

Every time something bad happened to Bielema in their bowl, I laughed. I hate coaches that use Wisconsin as a launch pad up to other places.

So you hate Barry being overly involved in the program and refusing to pay for assistants chasing off coaches? I mean that sounds fair, but directing your anger at Bert strikes me as a bit misplaced. At least for that. There are plenty of other reasons to hate on Bert.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I hate Bert because he's a piece of poo poo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MARTIN_MIAMI_HC/status/819634212475207680

Miami (no, the other one) finally has some up-to-date facilities. They look rad.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Korranus posted:

Kansas has moved back their home and home with Houston back from 2019/20 to 2022/23 to schedule Boston College. It's expected the series will be totally cancelled in favor of a 2-for-1 with Coastal Carolina. UH is now in serious trouble of having to schedule two FCS schools for 2019 and 2020.

The price of being too good in the G5 I guess.

At least their SOS should get a boost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Miami (no, the other one) finally has some up-to-date facilities. They look rad.

if only they got some up-to-date hype music

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

if only they got some up-to-date hype music

Having something even just a couple years old is still a huge step forward for Miami. The only school with less updated facilities in the MAC may have been Eastern Michigan. Miami was a disaster after Roethlisberger left. When Chuck got there they were probably a good 15 years behind where most of the rest of the conference had evolved to.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

DJExile posted:

The only school with less updated facilities in the MAC may have been Eastern Michigan.

HELLO

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DJExile posted:

So this is probably just me be grumpy about the CFB arms race, but how could anyone look at that and go "yeah but they just need 10 waterfalls with the school logo projected on them"

Those locker-rooms are rad, the barbershop is cool, the weight room looks awesome. What more do you need?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Bert was at Wisconsin forever before he moved to Arkansas. Both Bert and Anderson made lateral-at-best moves to get out of Wisconsin. Considering the stuff about low assistant salaries and defections, its more likely than not that Barry Alavarez is a bad boss to work for.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bert was at Wisconsin forever before he moved to Arkansas. Both Bert and Anderson made lateral-at-best moves to get out of Wisconsin. Considering the stuff about low assistant salaries and defections, its more likely than not that Barry Alavarez is a bad boss to work for.

I've actually heard that about Barry from another source too.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

Emron posted:

I hate Bert because he's a piece of poo poo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bert was awesome at Wisconsin and it's hilarious to see so many Wisconsin fans try to pretend he and Anderson were actually terrible after they left.

iospace posted:

I've actually heard that about Barry from another source too.

There's a reason I joke about him still being the coach.

Which, I mean, credit to him because the program has been great regardless of who the nominal head coach is, but he does seem like an awful boss

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 13, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bielema and Andersen left Wisconsin because they knew they'd never beat Northwestern at Ryan Field.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I appreciate Harbaugh because he likes things that i do, steak sandwiches and a nice glass of milk.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Steak sandwiches are dumb unless you mean like philly steak. A proper steak is too chewy to be the filling of a sandwich.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

.....A proper steak is too chewy....

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

Steak sandwiches are dumb unless you mean like philly steak. A proper steak is too chewy to be the filling of a sandwich.
You should try an Argentinian steakhouse sometime. It might change your mind.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Jeff Badet, Kentucky's leading WR this year, will graduate in May and transfer to another school for his senior year. Did not see that coming. He was the fastest receiver and had some big plays this year. Only thing I can think is that he wants to go somewhere with a more pass oriented offense. Kentucky got away from that this year with the emergence of Benny Snell and the thunder and lightning attack of Benny and Boom. Wide receiver is one of the deepest positions on the team, but it still sucks to lose one of your best. Even with Boom Williams declaring early for the draft, that's still only 3 starters gone on offense.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

Is almost as if you can use different cuts of steak for different things

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

Tri tip sandwiches are the best.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Bip Roberts posted:

Tri tip sandwiches are the best.
Tri-tip is California's sad attempt to pretend it has its own barbecue culture.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flank steak owns super hard as a leftover sandwich meat the next day

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This has to be record timing for a transition from the end of the season to food arguments

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Emron posted:

This has to be record timing for a transition from the end of the season to food arguments

they never really end, tbqh

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think Wisconsin is a better job than Arkansas if Barry wasnt over your shoulder.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

I think Wisconsin is a better job than Arkansas if Barry wasnt over your shoulder.

Yeah this is the thing. Wisconsin is a hell of a program in the big picture and should be a great destination for most coaches, but nobody wants to deal with both Barry and a really thin assistant salary pool.

You could probably make do with just one or the other, but dealing with both has to weigh hard on a coach.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Incoherence posted:

Tri-tip is California's sad attempt to pretend it has its own barbecue culture.

TrI tip rules

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
New York strip all the way baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Hanger steak is actually the best steak. That's why the butchers used to keep it for themselves.

• Locked thread