Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

tactlessbastard posted:

Even farther back, that girl who doesn't want to tell her dad and brother she has a boyfriend because then they'd assume she was getting penetrated and that would be 'girly'....

There it is kids, actual real life internalized misogyny.

When your society is so progressive that being hetero is taboo. It used to be a joke, but this is the first time I've seen it for real.

What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mirthless posted:

Is it cheating if she knew he was going to take her back? The whole situation just feels like it was deliberately contrived by her to absolve herself of guilt. It's about the intent, I don't know.

yeah, this, seriously

don't break up and get back together, and don't take "breaks". if you are the point where you desperately want to be apart and gently caress other people your relationship is over and you're just going through the motions out of convenience and comfort

(edit: obviously there are poly people and people who make open relationships work, before anyone decides to "um, actually" the "gently caress other people part". that's not who I am referring to)

explicitly taking a break to gently caress others probably never works, i'd agree. taking a few weeks and just having some distance sometimes does though, when you are still only a year or 2 in to a relationship and the honeymoon period is over, and you need to really take inventory of what is going on. if you both miss one another and are eager to get back to a more normal level, that can help motivate you to work together to fix what the problems are. if you were the happiest you have been in a year, yeah, this probably ain't working, time to move on.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
If I was the guy whose girlfriend had a threesome, I wouldn't suspect someone who I loved and presumably loved me to do something like that within the span of four days.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it'd be pretty impressive finding a couple of guidos to double-team you with a couple days notice, except lol there almost definitely wasn't just a couple days notice

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gaunab posted:

If I was the guy whose girlfriend had a threesome, I wouldn't suspect someone who I loved and presumably loved me to do something like that within the span of four days.

Yeah, this

Like, even if we "broke up" broke up I'd still expect more than four days of rebound time before going out and having group sex with two randos (and god knows who else if that's what he found out about purely by chance)

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it'd be pretty impressive finding a couple of guidos to double-team you with a couple days notice, except lol there almost definitely wasn't just a couple days notice

I wouldn't be surprised if this was planned way back when she asked him for the open relationship

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Really? If she's attractive at all, finding two dudes willing to gently caress her is not exactly a long and arduous process.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
My [26/M] birthday is this weekend and I wanna go out to the tiki bar but my friend [25/M] says no.

quote:

So it's my birthday and after we watch the new season of AYTO get started I wanna go to the tiki bar and drink some cool drinks that light on fire but my friend (who I'm going to call Zack) says no.
He says he has no money, but I see him own things all the time. How do I get him to go to the bar?
tl;dr: Zack is ruining my birthday.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My [26/M] birthday is this weekend and I wanna go out to the tiki bar but my friend [25/M] says no.

I too see my friends own things all the time and assume they have unlimited funds.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

zakharov posted:

I too see my friends own things all the time and assume they have unlimited funds.

You spent :10bux: to post here. You have unlimited funds too!

We all have unlimited funds!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Hooray!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love owning things

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Is Zack aware of the fact that you can go to a bar and order nothing and just hang out and have fun with your friend?

Is the friend aware that if someone doesn't want to go to something, you can go without them?

These people aren't functional, I can't believe they're in their mid 20s.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Is Zack aware of the fact that you can go to a bar and order nothing and just hang out and have fun with your friend?

Is the friend aware that if someone doesn't want to go to something, you can go without them?

These people aren't functional, I can't believe they're in their mid 20s.

spending the night sober at a tiki bar party with the kind of person who declares their BIRTHDAY is RUINED if you don't want to go to the tiki bar party sounds like hell on earth, frankly

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

I've broken up fights between my 4yo and my 2yo that were more grown up than this jackass.

spending the night sober at a tiki bar party with the kind of person who declares their BIRTHDAY is RUINED if you don't want to go to the tiki bar party sounds like hell on earth, frankly

Same. Christ on a cracker.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yea but Zach is already friends with this person so I assume he's cool with how terrible she is. He's probably terrible in his own way.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the guy who wrote the thread is a dude, which somehow makes it even worse

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

If these were proper adults they wouldn't be posting on reddit for stupid petty bullshit.

A normal conversation should go something like:

:v: "Hey, let's go to the bar and have some drinks for my birthday."
:( "I can't really afford to, sorry."
:v: "Well then I'll pay for it, let's just go hang out, gently caress it."

*a good time is had by proper adults*

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The word "guidos" always makes me think of the Shore episode of Always Sunny, so I'm just going to assume that this story took place on that party boat, with Danny DeVito and the Rum Ham watching.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

The word "guidos" always makes me think of the Shore episode of Always Sunny, so I'm just going to assume that this story took place on that party boat, with Danny DeVito and the Rum Ham watching.

that was a really good episode, and also probably how things panned out

Is it hard to date Interracially in the South?

quote:

I live in SC. I'm half black and Indian. I go to a very conservative state university. I'm going in my junior year and I've never had a girlfriend. I'm not ugly or anything. /r/rateme said i'm about a 7-8/10.

Anyways, I don't really have any friends here and i'm not in a social circle. I don't go to parties because of the lack of connections and i'm not in a fraternity.

I've asked out 3 girls that have given me stronger signs of interest like frequent eye contact. They ignored my initial text. Later I would find that they all had boyfriends. Why would they act like they wanted me to approach. It make me feel like poo poo because the ones that actually seemed interested were taken or they were just a tease.

I'm rambling. Anyways, are girls open to dating out in the south? I'm a big introvert also, so I think i'm somewhat screwed. I probably wouldn't be in this situation if I was outgoing and/or lived out west.
How do people meet and get into relationships in college? In class? Mutual friends?

thanks

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

"I'm a totally anti-social introvert who avoids people like the plague. I'm so badly adjusted I think eye contact is flirting instead of just normal human interaction. How come I can't get a date?"

loving lol

And, "It's totally not my fault because reddit said I was decently attractive. All these girls must be racist and this wouldn't be a problem somewhere more progressive."

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 13, 2017

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Is it hard to date Interracially in the South?

It isn't easy but that isn't your problem, weirdo

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A rare sighting of a Jon Pop in larval form. May he never pupate.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [29f] sold some of my on-again-off-again boyfriend's [39m] magic cards

quote:

We have a rocky relationship.

About five months ago, I lent him $300 to buy a magic card collection to flip for profit. He only recently paid me back $100 of that (in late December).

Earlier this week, I found some flirty texts between him and some female co-workers. I also found texts between him and a male co-worker talking crap about me and discussing boyfriend renting a room from said co-worker. Ouch. I know we have a toxic relationship that would probably be better ended but we're in counseling and he's been living with me out of financial necessity.

Anyway, he called two days ago saying he was going out to a bar with co-workers after work. I said okay, but, later became insecure about it. I tried calling and texting but he didn't respond until 9 pm. He gets off work at 5:15 pm. I didn't answer... Got spotty messages from him basically accusing me of being crazy - he's only going out for drinks with co-workers. Yes, I was overreacting, but, considering the circumstances... I felt he could've at least replied with something halfway helpful. He tried calling twice at midnight, but I was already asleep. Couldn't reach him at all the next day (we had a scheduled counseling appointment that evening and I wanted to at least go by myself but knew he may have rescheduled it...).

I figured he was staying with a co-worker and/or had finalized renting a room from one. What other explanation is there for the utter lack of communication and the text messages I'd found? Well, being that I didn't know what was going on and was dead broke... I took his binder of valuable magic cards to a card trader shop and sold some (avoided the ones I knew he was particularly fond of...) for $150. I was gonna call that even for the $300 I'd forwarded him months ago.

He calls me shortly thereafter, telling me he'd slept in a ditch the night before (really...? That's why he didn't even ask if I'd come pick him up...?). We talk for hours and he wants to go back home with me. So, we go back, getting along.

That is, until the next morning when he looks through his binder. I was hoping to divulge this during the next counseling appointment because I'm afraid of his temper/anger... And I knew this would make him angry... But, I didn't do it solely out of spite. He really owed me the money, I really had no idea what was going on for over 24 hours, and I was dead broke. I was fearful of having no available cash for the next week and, with no way to communicate (we share finances to a degree)... I felt it justified.

Well, Reddit, what do I do to remedy this situation? I've told him the card shop I sold to. I've apologized for the upset I've caused him. I explained my thinking on it. Is there a way to fix this?
If I'm in the wrong here, go ahead and let me have it. I appreciate input on the situation.

Thank you.

tl;dr: Lent bf $300 for a magic card collection months ago. Last month, he repaid $100. Drama this month, thought he'd moved out and I would not be compensated the remaining $200. Sold some of his cards to a shop for $150 while dead broke and not in communication with bf. Got back in touch, worked out some things, but he discovered the sold cards missing before I was able to bring it up in counseling today. What to do? Input and opinions welcome.

Thank you for your time in reading and responding.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She was helping him on flipping them for profit :downs:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Slept in a ditch :jerkbag:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

29 and 39

why can't this be about meth like it would be for normal people

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I [29f] sold some of my on-again-off-again boyfriend's [39m] magic cards

This story is the physical manifestation of the phrase "misery loves company".

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'd have to know which cards they were before I come to a conclusion.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I have also started living healthier working towards the goal of working for RCMP or Calgary Police.

the only way this dipshit is going to work for the RCMP is if they need to justify their budget by framing more idiots for attempted bombings

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

29 and 39

why can't this be about meth like it would be for normal people

I [29f] sold some of my on-again-off-again boyfriend's [39m] meth stash

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm more concerned about her needing $150 right then and there, although obviously I have to point out that he's a loving terrible person and partner.

How hosed is your living situation where you need $150 to "make it through the week?"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Goddamn that woman is a menace. I mean yeah, yeah, card games are silly, the boyfriend sounds like a gently caress up, but even I know Magic cards are worth some pretty crazy amounts of money. Enough money, depending on the cards, that maybe we're going to see a follow up post on legaladvice.

'You wronged me, ergo I will get revenge' is not a relationship strategy that generally pans out well.

I'm just always baffled by people who stay in relationships where they clearly just hate their partner. I understand staying for love or affection or security, but I swear some of these people stay out of spite because they know they make their hated partner miserable.

Or, you know, societal pressure to salvage any relationship that's not outright physically abusive, take your pick.

Also Jesus lady $150???? You date a guy with binders of Magic cards and you don't even know from his screeching every time you even look at them too hard that they're VALUABLE, AMY, DON'T loving TOUCH MY CARDS!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Tiny Deer posted:

Goddamn that woman is a menace. I mean yeah, yeah, card games are silly, the boyfriend sounds like a gently caress up, but even I know Magic cards are worth some pretty crazy amounts of money. Enough money, depending on the cards, that maybe we're going to see a follow up post on legaladvice.

'You wronged me, ergo I will get revenge' is not a relationship strategy that generally pans out well.

I'm just always baffled by people who stay in relationships where they clearly just hate their partner. I understand staying for love or affection or security, but I swear some of these people stay out of spite because they know they make their hated partner miserable.

Or, you know, societal pressure to salvage any relationship that's not outright physically abusive, take your pick.

Also Jesus lady $150???? You date a guy with binders of Magic cards and you don't even know from his screeching every time you even look at them too hard that they're VALUABLE, AMY, DON'T loving TOUCH MY CARDS!

I especially liked this part:

"he called two days ago saying he was going out to a bar with co-workers after work. I said okay, but, later became insecure about it. I tried calling and texting but he didn't respond until 9 pm. He gets off work at 5:15 pm. I didn't answer... Got spotty messages from him basically accusing me of being crazy - he's only going out for drinks with co-workers."

Like, first you're okay with it, then you're not okay with it, then you blow up his phone, and when he finally responds you ignore him. :wtc:

Yes, this guy is a jackass for taking her money and talking bad about her behind her back etc., but this lady sounds literally insane.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sounds like they were already actively in counselling, FOR SOME REASON

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
She does acknowledge they have a toxic relationship that should end. But the they're trying to make it work because...

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Yeah, they clearly don't like, trust, or respect each other, but he needs a place to live and she wants her money back.

I'd say they're obviously desperately poor but if the 39 year old can support a Magic habit we know at least that his poverty is a factor of being dumb as gently caress, not outside circumstances.

Edit: wait they can afford relationship counselling too? Okay so she needed the money for drugs or anime, I honestly couldn't even guess which.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
He's into magic so obviously it's anime :cmon:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if she NEEDED $150 to make it through the week, it was to buy meth

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

I figure you can pirate anime just like any other TV show or movie, right?

Only logical conclusion is that she needed $150 for meth to fuel an uninterrupted week-long anime binge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

54 40 or gently caress posted:

He's into magic so obviously it's anime :cmon:

I mean drugs is the obvious answer but how does a 39 year old Magic player who takes it seriously enough to waste all his money on it even meet a 29 year old tweaker? It has to be anime...except all her behavior is such a stereotypical junkie down to the wild swings of attitude.

I have no idea what's going on except both of them are garbage.