Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I pulled the chase rare on this banner. No, I'm not talking about Ace, I'm talking about something that is actually good! I pulled a Zidane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boom::boom::boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'd like to wait with the Orlandorf pulls with that news but what if you are fated to get him in the first five pulls? What if the stars align and mean for you to get two or more of him with an 11pull? Schrödinger's RNG.

Mugaaz posted:

I pulled the chase rare on this banner. No, I'm not talking about Ace, I'm talking about something that is actually good! I pulled a Zidane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hf: :hf:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

MrLonghair posted:

I'd like to wait with the Orlandorf pulls with that news but what if you are fated to get him in the first five pulls? What if the stars align and mean for you to get two or more of him with an 11pull? Schrödinger's RNG.

Yeah I'm like 1 or 2 bonus units would be cool but wasting tix that I could put up TG Cids hot rear end? Meh... probably not going to pull at all on this. Maybe Daily once or twice.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Yeah I'm like 1 or 2 bonus units would be cool but wasting tix that I could put up TG Cids hot rear end? Meh... probably not going to pull at all on this. Maybe Daily once or twice.

I'm doing the same. I'll probably settle for 1 bonus unit from dailies and rely on the generosity of fellow goons' bonus units.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got Trey for my 1/2 pull and blew through all the levels. The ELT boss is able to be hit with blind and paralyze so Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Trey/Cecil can walk right through it with an Exdeath clearing the first 3 waves via dualcast thundaga while the others melee to build up an LB for one of the Exdeaths.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Yo why is there no hype for this?!??!?

THIS IS HUGE! Hopefully we get this change in before the next FFT banner but I won't hold my breath.

I dont see other stuff talkinga bout this yet, so id wait to see when "eventually" is. That said, recent datamine of the global client includes esper terra's TM, and her banner was alongside gacha change, so no idea wtf is going on.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Got Trey for my 1/2 pull and blew through all the levels. The ELT boss is able to be hit with blind and paralyze so Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Trey/Cecil can walk right through it with an Exdeath clearing the first 3 waves via dualcast thundaga while the others melee to build up an LB for one of the Exdeaths.

I've gotten so used to a full Melee team that I forgot about my 550Mag ExDeath. He's trivializing this event now. Can wipe all waves in one dual cast.

Time to load up on more bonus units.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tengames posted:

I dont see other stuff talkinga bout this yet, so id wait to see when "eventually" is. That said, recent datamine of the global client includes esper terra's TM, and her banner was alongside gacha change, so no idea wtf is going on.

Gumi can easily pull a :gumi: and nerf it. Until anything is officially announced, I'm not getting excited about it. But yes it would be loving awesome if it happened. But I have a feeling Gumi is in no rush as long as clowns will livestream $1500 dollars worth of pulls to get Dark Fina.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

m.hache posted:

I've gotten so used to a full Melee team that I forgot about my 550Mag ExDeath. He's trivializing this event now. Can wipe all waves in one dual cast.

Time to load up on more bonus units.

People are reporting that using Carbuncle reflect with Exdeath on the boss obliterates him.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

dangerous.hotdog posted:

People are reporting that using Carbuncle reflect with Exdeath on the boss obliterates him.

Just using his LB blinds the boss. I can 2 shot him with my Elza so I completely mitigate the only threat he poses with that leap.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Try reflecting. You might be able to 1 round him (I personally haven't tried yet).

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Try reflecting. You might be able to 1 round him (I personally haven't tried yet).

How does that work exactly? I've never tried using Carbuncle yet. I just assumed it reflected all spells (including healing)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
:frogsiren: Attention Goons. Please put up your best pulled bonus unit as friend asap. :frogsiren:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

m.hache posted:

How does that work exactly? I've never tried using Carbuncle yet. I just assumed it reflected all spells (including healing)

Yeah, I read about that trick and went to give it a shot, but I don't see how you're supposed to target your own people with aoe stuff like Thundaga. I finally caved and started raising a second Exdeath so this would be incredibly useful.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

m.hache posted:

Throw up Carbuncle's Reflect and just Thundaga your team with Exdeath. It'll reflect 5 Thundagas back to the boss. I think you don't want to Dual Cast since the 2nd set will not be reflected and you'll just take damage.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Gumi can easily pull a :gumi: and nerf it. Until anything is officially announced, I'm not getting excited about it. But yes it would be loving awesome if it happened. But I have a feeling Gumi is in no rush as long as clowns will livestream $1500 dollars worth of pulls to get Dark Fina.

I completely agree with the first part, but I don't think that whale's misery would have been different. If Gumi implement the system Japan has, he still would have had the terrible luck to get 8 off-banner rainbows, they just would have all been base-5* instead of trolls like Rosa and Vanille. For almost everyone else they would be ecstatic to have 8 base-5*, but the whale's gotta have his waifu, so if they're going to chase a banner unit they're still going to drop as much cash as they would in our current system.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Spent a roll on the banner, hoping for a Type-0 unit for Phantoma farming. Ended up with a Chizuru instead. Hey, can't complain.

(Rolled a couple more times after that, got Jack and Trey, so I got pretty much everything I wanted.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah, it took me 4 tickets to get a Jack so I'm good. If a daily pull gets me another banner character, that's great but not critical.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is Seven any good? I got her and one of the other 50% guys

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

m.hache posted:

Just using his LB blinds the boss. I can 2 shot him with my Elza so I completely mitigate the only threat he poses with that leap.

Black Cat Lid also works perfectly., Hex Strike is hilarious.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
The boss can be blinded and paralyzed.

This has to be one of the easiest events in recent memory. I could probably run 4/6 bonus units and be fine.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Doublicorn gives me a reason to Fish and Parry with my Cup Noodles, which makes my day.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Servaetes posted:

People say she's not, but the more I look at her I think "I can make her pretty great I think"

I'm starting on letters for arms tonight for her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
The difficulty scaling in this game cracks me up. I just broke open into the 3rd map, and every fight is Graviga then some other -aga spell and mobs are wiped. Repeat that 3 or 4 times, get to boss area, and suddenly everything you hit does 1/50th damage.

What I am saying is, basically I got Mad Ochu'd to death for 200 lapis to get the fight over with, WHILE he was on Full Break, Imperil'd, and I had shellga and protectga up...after clearing the other fights with so much a hint of the oncoming difficulty.

Also, what is up with the dramatic change in energy. 2nd map everything was 10+ energy, and now I am back to 6,7,8s

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Not really. She's a weird mixed attacker that doesn't really boost either type of attack too well and has stupidly limited equip options. Her TMR's pretty solid, though. I guess she could be made usable with Letters To Arms, but that's about it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

hagie posted:

The difficulty scaling in this game cracks me up. I just broke open into the 3rd map, and every fight is Graviga then some other -aga spell and mobs are wiped. Repeat that 3 or 4 times, get to boss area, and suddenly everything you hit does 1/50th damage.

What I am saying is, basically I got Mad Ochu'd to death for 200 lapis to get the fight over with, WHILE he was on Full Break, Imperil'd, and I had shellga and protectga up...after clearing the other fights with so much a hint of the oncoming difficulty.

Also, what is up with the dramatic change in energy. 2nd map everything was 10+ energy, and now I am back to 6,7,8s

There was this weird energy growth where they realized people couldn't clear content fast enough because it'd take 60 energy to get 4/6 through a level.

I'm glad they equalized it.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Welp got a rainbow today. 5 star loving hayate. I hate this loving game

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The difficulty difference between trash and bosses explodes with Veritas of the Air or so and you should prioritize using your super/whale friends for boss stages. You can oneshot the trash phases without issue then hit the boss and do damage like you're chiseling a rock with your face. It's really annoying.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Welp got a rainbow today. 5 star loving hayate. I hate this loving game

Hey it's the big brother of the 5* Miyuki I pulled last week :v:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It would be pretty neato if at some point if I could get one of the concubines or whatever they're called and give me my 1,000 event currency. At least the event currency is decent this time around so it's not as much of a sting.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I've run into two dualcorns during my runs today, and they are pretty dangerous - anybody they decide to hit dies and they get two actions per turn. Hope they don't target your dualcast Refia! (they totally targeted my dualcast Refia)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i havent seen that thing once and never will bc rng, but that's okay since getting four rate up units means im still getting a decent average. for once i dont need the gigantaurs but also they're so cheap i guess i just will anyway

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shingouryu posted:

I've run into two dualcorns during my runs today, and they are pretty dangerous - anybody they decide to hit dies and they get two actions per turn. Hope they don't target your dualcast Refia! (they totally targeted my dualcast Refia)

Whoa, what the gently caress? I had no idea this was a thing. Yikes.

Edit: Oh, I mis-read that and saw that as a double Doublicorn spawn in the same battle.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 14, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
On a related note, it's not mentioned in the wiki, but Doublicorns can show up on ADV difficulty as well. Had one pop up and wreck my farming just now.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
1st question: who would be better served with Dual-wield (with no other TM stuff)? Chizuru, Bartz, Mercedes, or Dracula Laswell? I have some TM stuff (Bracer x2, Excal, StQ) but they're on a Lightning. Maybe just put the DW on whoever matches up with the boss of the week's weakness?

2nd: next round of TMs? I won't list everything I have (basically every non-5* base), but in general should I keep grinding stuff for Lightning or toast a batch for my Dark Fina? Will do 4 items/abilities and then question 2a: either DW#2 or Dual-cast #2? I already have 2 Lightnings and one DW so there aren't many occasions (yet?) I'd bust out a 4th melee damage dealer but I also have 3 ExD's and Dark Fina so I'm set with native damage DC and Refia has the regular DC. Maybe neither?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Shingouryu posted:

You can have 2x Mirage vests. One for your tank, one for your Refia!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Black Cat Lid and hex strike work on the ELT boss and are my new favorite way to cheese him.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Fenrir posted:

Hey it's the big brother of the 5* Miyuki I pulled last week :v:

Boo man there's nothing more aggrivating than finally getting one of those loving rainbows only for it to be straight garbage. I won't see another one for ages now great. Perhaps the only thing more aggrivating is accidentally smooshing my other Zidane together when I was dropping my moogles on the ones I've been manually grinding. Which is an absolute bitch by the way. I did so many earth shrine runs my thumbs are going to fall off. And I lost my other dual wield. Damnit.

I guess it's not the end of the world since I can't tm farm now anyway and probably won't be able to for at least another couple months but it still sucks a big fat weiner. God today is just not my loving day drat.

I guess on the plus side my noctis now has dual wield. He doesn't have an insanely high attack but hitting twice sure does help.

Friend Id 820 471 103

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
This event is dildos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Ace's victory animation is up there, he summons some cute little dancing thing and gives it a scratch under the chin

• Locked thread