Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Bob Diaco has emerged as a candidate for both the Nebraska and Arkansas jobs.

Someone tell me how to feel about Bob Diaco as a DC. I know he was solid at ND and that's about it, but kind of nutty at UConn

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hopefully he creates dumb trophy no one cares about for Iowa-Nebrask-oh :(

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i will hound diaco relentlessly about an NU/NU trophy if he goes there

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Reports coming out Wilcox is in final negotiations for Cal HC job.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
TCU's offensive playcalling has been absolutely dogshit for the past 3 years

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

TCU's offensive playcalling has been absolutely dogshit for the past 3 years

3 years?

Expand that search to 4 years and see how it compares. Dude was a savior for Boykin.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean honestly, you can say he was bad last year all you want but...

Since Kansas hired him I hope you're right of course.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Bob Diaco has emerged as a candidate for both the Nebraska and Arkansas jobs.

Someone tell me how to feel about Bob Diaco as a DC. I know he was solid at ND and that's about it, but kind of nutty at UConn

He's a great defensive mind. You can do a lot worse than him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's still young and UConn is a really tough job. His issue there was the offense anyway. He did a great job at ND and is a good recruiter. He'd be a nice hire. I wish Iowa could find room for him but Phil Parker is a good coach and Diaco is over qualified to be a position coach

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Grittybeard posted:

I mean honestly, you can say he was bad last year all you want but...

Since Kansas hired him I hope you're right of course.

On the other hand... Kenny Hill

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Its sounding like Justin Wilcox will be signing with Cal. Maybe.

The thought is he's keeping Spavital and potentially bringing in Tosh as DC.

We'll see.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Clearly a coach killer in that kid.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Oh poo poo son

https://twitter.com/CoachSamz/status/819950549483327489

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Cristobal is gonna land a pretty good HC job in a couple years.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
He's a lovely line coach tho

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Is that just salt or are you serious because Alabama has a line that can usually run on everyone with impunity

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Did we ever learn what happened with Cristobal at FIU? He is going to be an HC in the next couple years, but I feel like I want some accounting of his time there before I would hire him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Excuse me Kenny Trill

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

Did we ever learn what happened with Cristobal at FIU? He is going to be an HC in the next couple years, but I feel like I want some accounting of his time there before I would hire him.

I think it was mostly FIU being delusional

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
People on some Auburn sites are saying Mark Helfrich is in town. It's probably just rumors, but I would really like him as Auburn's OC.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So two ex-USF head coaches, one ex-FIU coach. So just need to hire George O'Leary and Schnellenberger to complete the Group of 5 Florida ex-coaches.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

Is that just salt or are you serious because Alabama has a line that can usually run on everyone with impunity

It was much better with the previous guy and then better again after he was moved to only coaching part of the line. His best attribute is crootin

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How can you really tell if a Bama coach is good at crootin, I mean, the worst recruiter in the country could still get a bunch of 5-stars to come to Bama

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

Then Meachem leaves his gig as the co-OC with playcalling duties at TCU, to take over the offense at... Kansas? That's just... what? Does he have some personal reason that he needs to live in Kansas or something?

Playcalling duty was being given to Sonny Cumbie for next season. It makes sense that he would leave to be a playcaller somewhere else.

Also, it looks like TCU may hire Arizona St Offensive Line Coach Chris Thomsen to the same position. You may remember him from being the interm coach at Texas Tech when Tommy Tuberville bolted.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 13, 2017

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Diaco to Nebraska is official.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Locksley backs out of joining UF, will probably get an on-the-field position with Alabama now that Christobal has left

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Rich Rodriguez posted:

in the town you grew up in and getting to coach at the school you played for is probably pretty cool!

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Cristobal turned down the Pitt job in 2011 and Rutgers in 2012. In the latter case, he accepted it, but his wife wanted to stay in Miami. That was reportedly the issue with Pittsburgh too.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

How can you really tell if a Bama coach is good at crootin, I mean, the worst recruiter in the country could still get a bunch of 5-stars to come to Bama

the ones that aren't are told to leave

like doug nussmeier

... so christobal could be bad at that too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

once again, a weirdo rivalry-monger comes into the crosshairs of the mighty north-western wildcat

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

pillsburysoldier posted:

Locksley backs out of joining UF, will probably get an on-the-field position with Alabama now that Christobal has left

Has his son said where he's transferring to?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Spavital to WVU.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Western Michigan hired Tim Lester, who I've never heard of but he played QB there.

Most recently a QB coach at Purdue and Syracuse. Ok then.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Former Chicago Enforcers QB Tim Lester?!

Dango Bango posted:

Diaco to Nebraska is official.

I am pleased with this news and will leave it at that. I <think> we still need an assistant or two so those hires could be interesting, too.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

Has his son said where he's transferring to?

Iunno. A JUCO maybe?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

People on some Auburn sites are saying Mark Helfrich is in town. It's probably just rumors, but I would really like him as Auburn's OC.
Word is he's holding out for a HC job but the only major one open is Cal so I dunno?

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Word is he's holding out for a HC job but the only major one open is Cal so I dunno?

He shouldn't. He needs to go OC for someone who will teach him how to maintain discipline. Then he can pick up a new HC job and probably be pretty dang good at it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Wisconsin's DC Justin Wilcox accepts the Cal job.
Losing DC coordinators in back-to-back years is frustrating, and compounding that silly season's almost over. Wisconsin doesn't really have a lot of options for a replacement coming from outside the program. At least there's enough starters returning (3 dlinemen, 2 linebackers, and 2 DB starters, along with a slew of injured linebackers healing up), along with the fact both of the last guys got massive raises, to be fairly attractive.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Between that, Nussmeier staying, and this:

...i'm trying to figure out whether to start ringing the alarm in my heart that 2017 is going to be a bad football year. Like actually bad and not just unwatchable or below-expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love my lame dead team

• Locked thread