Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Probably because the partner hasn't thought about it at all. They are unlikely to bring it up. It's up to the partner looking to introduce it to open the line of communication.

After re-reading her post, I guess I need to change my stance on her a bit. She asked a second time and he said the answer is still no, and then elaborated that he doesn't enjoy it after trying it before. She has issues though, she thinks that it means he liked his ex more for letting the ex peg him, somehow not realizing that HE DIDN'T LIKE IT, SO HE DOESN'T WANT TO DO IT AGAIN WITH ANYONE.

She might be moreso an oblivious moron than a scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

I think that tattoos and piercings are a big turn off. I would certainly rather marry someone who did not have any piercings or any tattoos, although, like this guy, I don't think I would consider it a dealbreaker. Forcing me to say that I like it though, that is pretty loving annoying.

she wants to be with somebody who likes her tattoos, he wants to be with somebody who doesn't have them. really seems to me like they're incompatible at this point.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lets break up over tattoos

this is the most important thing to us: tattoos

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
and piercings

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Zzulu posted:

lets break up over tattoos

this is the most important thing to us: tattoos

hey dude when you have something relatively major about a person you're not really fond of and they consider it relatively important to their identity, do you think it's a good idea for them to break up early in the relationship, or do you think they should get married and do it seven years later when they have a couple of kids?

a breakup in the dating phase is neither extreme nor unreasonable over "minor" things about people that are permanent features. Maybe you get over it, or maybe you let it fester forever. This is a pretty fundamental disagreement and it doesn't sound like it's going to get better.

like seriously i can see these two getting married and this dude not wanting to gently caress his wife because he's not attracted to her, (b/c of all the tattoos and piercings) and then opening up his relationship only to find that his wife has dudes fawning all over her specifically because she has tattoos and piercings. It sounds like both of them are making themselves miserable over something neither of them has to endure. They're 22. There will be other people.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 13, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i respekt her chocies

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Rawr :3

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

I think that it is a nuanced communication issue that the Internet cannot really help them with. I do not think that it is wrong to float an idea occasionally, but at the same time, it is not fair to badger someone about something they know that they do not want to do.

I think she has some pretty severe issues with consent that she's revealing. She's confronted with "I don't want this" and responds not with "I understand and will accept this", but rather with "How can I make you do it anyway?" It's not rape, obviously, but she's definitely not someone I would put my faith into.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Zzulu posted:

i respekt her chocies

hey if you don't find her attractive, why would you marry her?

that's the point

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The guy who doesn't like tattoos also seems like by far the better catch, since he is smart enough to get a stem degree but also smart enough to know that graduate school is terrible and that nobody should ever want to do it because it'll make you want to kill yourself

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No she is definitely raping that guy for sure

micro-rape-aggressions and such

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I love that one of the go-to arguments against tattoos is always "they'll look bad when you get older." Like, way to miss the entire point of getting a tattoo. It's got nothing to do with what it will look like in 30 years, because you're displaying it and showing it off now. You don't usually see old wrinkly people showing off 40 year old tattoos because they already did that 40 years ago when it was nice and new.

Imagine if you used that justification for other things? Like, don't buy that car because it will look bad in 10 years. Don't replace the worn-out carpet in your home because it's just going to look bad in 10 years.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Girl's addicted to bodymods and probably right if she'd rather have more tats and piercings than have him

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also, I think it is wrong to keep "floating" an idea about sex acts after a partner has given a firm no.

If they change their mind, they will let you know, you don't have to ask again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If your car looks like poo poo in 10 years, you can just replace it, just like you replace the girlfriend with lovely looking 10-year-old tattoos.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pick posted:

The guy who doesn't like tattoos also seems like by far the better catch, since he is smart enough to get a stem degree but also smart enough to know that graduate school is terrible and that nobody should ever want to do it because it'll make you want to kill yourself

yeah I was gonna point this out; going to grad school when you've already got a stem degree and a decent job is pointless and self-destructive

I'm in his boat but have friends that are in grad school and it's the worst

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

we don't exactly know anything about the girlfriend other than her being a millennial with piercings, tattoos, and an ego. I agree on the grad school thing, though.

also lol Pick it's really weird to see you rage about gamer autist sperglords for pages and then talk up a STEMlord body shamer as a catch

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Pick posted:

If your car looks like poo poo in 10 years, you can just replace it, just like you replace the girlfriend with lovely looking 10-year-old tattoos.

Or just get your tattoo touched up or covered up with a new one? What an insane idea.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

holy poo poo pick really hates women, too, if they choose to get tattoos apparently

it's your fault your husband left you, you shouldn't have marked your body without his consent

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
80% of people with tattoos & piercings look bad

10% look good but would look better without them

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Mirthless posted:

holy poo poo pick really hates women, too, if they choose to get tattoos apparently

Pick is just a really awful person who hates anything she slightly disagrees with.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Zzulu posted:

weren't you just screaming about how he's entitled to a relationship with her like five posts ago?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pearnicious posted:

Or just get your tattoo touched up or covered up with a new one? What an insane idea.

Or just don't spend thousands of dollars to look like a tramp

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zzulu posted:

hell, 80%of people look bad

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

weren't you just screaming about how he's entitled to a relationship with her like five posts ago?
Hm I don't think so friend

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

:stare:

what the gently caress

that's not even low key misogyny

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pearnicious posted:

I love that one of the go-to arguments against tattoos is always "they'll look bad when you get older." Like, way to miss the entire point of getting a tattoo. It's got nothing to do with what it will look like in 30 years, because you're displaying it and showing it off now. You don't usually see old wrinkly people showing off 40 year old tattoos because they already did that 40 years ago when it was nice and new.

Imagine if you used that justification for other things? Like, don't buy that car because it will look bad in 10 years. Don't replace the worn-out carpet in your home because it's just going to look bad in 10 years.

if it's not some dumb as gently caress tribal or tweety bird or other idiot bro poo poo your tattoos will look extremely badass on a wizened old fart anyway

as a soft-skinned twentysomething child of comfort you just look like you got a dumb hobby with all that ink all over you, but what would you rather be in 50 years when your life is behind you; dreary old grandpa gathering dust in the corner with his time being young and full of life long forgotten, or the demented coot who everyone thinks used to be a fucken hells angel

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 13, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pearnicious posted:

Pick is just a really awful person who hates anything she slightly disagrees with.

I got a kick out of your report by the way

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Pick posted:

Pearnicious posted:

Murder, right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Where oh where will we find a place that is safe to play too many video games and have bad tattoos without all of this shaming :qq:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

in a shocking turn of events, tattoos will be the topic that gets the thread locked, narrowly beating out fierce competitors cum and overwatch

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can't you just get those high quality tattoos taht wash off with water, like actors get

That way you can have all sorts of arts on your body but they wont be permanent and you can switch em out and stuff

Why nail it into your skin bro

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Can't you just get those high quality tattoos taht wash off with water

That way you can have all sorts of arts on your body but they wont be permanent and you can switch em out and stuff

Why nail it into your skin bro

Pair them with those pills that grow into dinosaurs for a fun and safe afternoon with your significant other

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
hang on are we still talking about cum in this thread

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

hang on are we still talking about cum in this thread

we never stopped friend, it's the background radiation of this thread

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you tattoo the cum into the skin using a cum-based watercolor

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

For the record, I don't have any tattoos. I just think Pick's blatant intolerant hatred for literally anything she slightly disagrees with is disgusting.

And bragging about it too, just wow.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pearnicious posted:

For the record, I don't have any tattoos. I just think Pick's blatant intolerant hatred for literally anything she slightly disagrees with is disgusting.

And bragging about it too, just wow.

Yea, Pick, it's quirky but adorable when you say poo poo like "Jeans are disgusting" but when you start doing it to people...

:yikes:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zzulu posted:

you tattoo the cum into the skin using a cum-based watercolor

and it's a tattoo of tracer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
my sisters friend got a tattoo of a giant diamond on her belly, its the size of a large watermelon, i lolled to myself for 5 minutes when i was alone again. what im saying here is i would def dump a partner if she insisted on getting more and more tattoos