Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

One of the things I liked about that flick was the way it presented coming out of hyperspace, including that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

http://i.imgur.com/zmepwCG.mp4

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Yeah, I let out an audible gasp at this part since it was so good.

edit:: Gold Squadron knew what was up, unsung heroes

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Jan 13, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Grey Fox posted:

I thought it was Blue Squadron that went in and gave you the viewer the first clue this was gonna end rough.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Grey Fox posted:

I'm glad Gold Squadron was in the movie, Y-wings don't get nearly the screen time or recognition they deserve.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I was super happy to see the Ion Cannons take out a Star Destroyer too. That was super rad to see.

Lots of small things, that made that space battle fun.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Pretty amazing that the Star Destroyer happens to appear aligned on the exact same axis as the ships that are already there

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aston posted:

Pretty amazing that the Star Destroyer happens to appear aligned on the exact same axis as the ships that are already there

This could have been auto completed by the navigation droid/computer, during the hyperspace jump.

You gigantic loving pedant.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Aston posted:

Yeah it's almost like this is some kind of Space Fantasy series.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Aston posted:

You'd have a point if it was in deep space. They are jumping above a planet , so the alignment makes sense.
How about you complain about how everybody gets killed on screen just so fans can't say somebody survived the last attack.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

This could have been auto completed by the navigation droid/computer, during the hyperspace jump.

You gigantic loving pedant.

You just missed the whole point of star wars

Vader's on that ship he don't need no stinking computer man to line that poo poo up

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

syscall girl posted:

Vader's on that ship he don't need no stinking computer man to line that poo poo up

And yet he needs a computer to draw breath.

Also: I doubt Vader is piloting the ship. That's some anonymous goon's job, one of those dudes with the goofy helmets. Some jackboot given 2 minutes to program a course could line it up just fine. No need to waste The Big Guy's time.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Railing Kill posted:

And yet he needs a computer to draw breath.

Also: I doubt Vader is piloting the ship. That's some anonymous goon's job, one of those dudes with the goofy helmets. Some jackboot given 2 minutes to program a course could line it up just fine. No need to waste The Big Guy's time.

What's the fun of having a giant gently caress off spaceship if you can't fly it :colbert:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

syscall girl posted:

Whoa hang on, he's the best star fighter pilot in the galaxy, not Star Destroyer pilot. poo poo.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We already know he's a good pilot. There should be a pod race except with Star Destroyers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want Darth "super badass" Vader to be true to his roots and shout "YAHOOOO" while flying around in space and accidentally killing everyone

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The fact that disney hasn't contracted anyone for a new podracer game is just shameful.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Aston posted:

I like you.

Zzulu posted:

I want Darth "super badass" Vader to be true to his roots and shout "YAHOOOO" while flying around in space and accidentally killing everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_H3_g9PhnM

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Ape of Naples posted:

We already know he's a good pilot. There should be a pod race except with Star Destroyers.

Long ago in a galaxy far away an old man smiled behind his silly costume and doesn't know why.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lurking Haro posted:

You'd have a point if it was in deep space. They are jumping above a planet , so the alignment makes sense.
How about you complain about how everybody gets killed on screen just so fans can't say somebody survived the last attack.

But where were the Bothans

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Brainamp posted:

The fact that disney hasn't contracted anyone for a new podracer game is just shameful.
I think you mean podracer movie. I'd watch the poo poo out of a rocket chariot film that's basically Ben Hur meets Fast and Furious, in space.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

I feel like you know the answer to this and are begging the question.

It's funny though cuz when I was watching the movie I kept wondering about it and had forgotten they were in episode six.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Azhais posted:

Manny Both-hands died stealing the plans for the second Death Star.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Azhais posted:

Botans aren't that popular and are hard to get hold of nowadays.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Right, but where's these telesmears I keep hearing about?

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Lurking Haro posted:

My WWII-era grandparents would always give me those when they came to visit, and they sucked.

Just awful.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Brainamp posted:

How were those giant arcade podracing games? I heard they were legit fun.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Trivia posted:

My WWII-era grandparents would always give me those when they came to visit, and they sucked.

Just awful.
The real ones (Bontan Ame) are fantastic, though--always soft, delicately flavored. They never last long around me, so I'm glad they're relatively hard to find (and pricey) here in metro Detroit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

The real ones (Bontan Ame) are fantastic, though--always soft, delicately flavored. They never last long around me, so I'm glad they're relatively hard to find (and pricey) here in metro Detroit.

When I was a kid I would have rather gone to the dentist than eat this candy. They were little disappointment squares.

I'm glad you like them though. I always feel bad if a candy has no fans...like those cheap pieces of taffy in black or orange wrappers that only exist during Halloween.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I was a kid I would have rather gone to the dentist than eat this candy. They were little disappointment squares.

I'm glad you like them though. I always feel bad if a candy has no fans...like those cheap pieces of taffy in black or orange wrappers that only exist during Halloween.

See that's the best part about those candies , no one else will eat them. So more for me !

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

syscall girl posted:

I thought it was Blue Squadron that went in and gave you the viewer the first clue this was gonna end rough.

"Huh. I wonder why they're using some random fish guy and not Admiral Ackbar. ... ... uh oh."

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Sappo569 posted:

See that's the best part about those candies , no one else will eat them. So more for me !

We have this candy up in the northeast US (it may be elsewhere, but I've never seen it outside of New England) that is made from sugar, coconut, and mashed potato. All of that is covered in dark chocolate, and it's loving delicious. My wife hates coconut and thinks potato in candy is weird (go figure), so I get the whole batch that my mom made for Christmas to myself. Awww yuss

Anyway, baseball gifs!

Jeff Bridges :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

drat, those calf muscles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

We have this candy up in the northeast US (it may be elsewhere, but I've never seen it outside of New England) that is made from sugar, coconut, and mashed potato. All of that is covered in dark chocolate, and it's loving delicious. My wife hates coconut and thinks potato in candy is weird (go figure), so I get the whole batch that my mom made for Christmas to myself. Awww yuss
I'm in NE, I've never heard of this. What is it?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

IUG posted:

I'm in NE, I've never heard of this. What is it?

3/4 cup mashed potatoes, a pound of powdered sugar, and a pound of shredded coconut, mixed together and dipped in chocolate. Seriously.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Lurking Haro posted:

Many Botans died to bring us this delicious candy

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

The arcade ones, I dunno. The original pc game was baller as gently caress though for its time. Lots of racers and maps to choose from, with multiplayer too. One of my favorite games as a kid, though I'm sure its aged pretty badly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Probably the best version of the game, but as someone who has played one relatively recently it hasn't aged as well as you might think

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Brainamp posted:

The arcade ones, I dunno. The original pc game was baller as gently caress though for its time. Lots of racers and maps to choose from, with multiplayer too. One of my favorite games as a kid, though I'm sure its aged pretty badly.
I don't know how different the PC one looks but I have the N64 one, and it has.

Very badly.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
http://i.imgur.com/pNsVp2I.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ac11ot0.gifv