Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

PISSKEY SOURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

I saw some stat thing a while back that said a significant proportion of Democrats, like 10% or something, believed the birther stuff and voted Obama anyway.
I imagine a decent chunk of Americans think the native birth requirement for presidency is not really relevant. I mean, what are the odds today of a foreign nation trying to install their puppet as a leader of a rival or enemy nation?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, it's gone forever ever since its closure immediately post-election and nobody has told me why. I thought about making a new one but I figured it'd just get instagassed and I'd get probated.

Because us politics is so broad that it became meaningless.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Just offscreen is an iceberg labeled "Trump".

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

loquacius posted:

Booker is an extremely flawed candidate (call me literally impossible to please if you must) and Ellison, while great, is bucking for more national attention in a position that would preclude him from running for President so those aren't the best examples in the world :shrug:

We are in total agreement on Warren, though. Hopefully someone can convince her to run.

The election isn't tomorrow my dude, a lot can change in 4 years, plenty of time for anyone I mentioned to build towards the role. Hell look how Obama came straight outta left field in 08. The thing to keep in mind is that everyone's just a flawed human being, ultimately. There will never be a perfect candidate (hell sometimes there'll barely be a good one) and if you sit on the sidelines waiting for one because nobody matches you 100% then you'll be waiting a long time. The best use of time is to make your needs/wants known to better candidates and utilize local organization to push them further in your desired direction. Writing off candidates on either side of the aisle isn't smart and doesn't make for good progress, the ascendancy of Trump proved that. But whatever, it's borderline impossible to talk about this stuff without the potential for massive derails, so if anyone wants to chat more on this subject then pm me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pants Donkey posted:

Keith Ellison is Muslim, so just completely remove him as a potential candidate.

30% of this country thought Obama was Muslim. Can you imagine the freakout when there's a candidate who actually is one

If he can actually get dems to turn out to vote, it doesn't really matter.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

I imagine a decent chunk of Americans think the native birth requirement for presidency is not really relevant. I mean, what are the odds today of a foreign nation trying to install their puppet as a leader of a rival or enemy nation?

If that's actually the reason for that requirement, then with the electoral college that gives it a 2/2 safety systems that completely failed to work.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Nonesense I'm sure we had more failed safety systems than two

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pants Donkey posted:

The Rothschilds learned that degenerate dynasties aren't required in a democracy when you can have the public elect their purpose-bred puppets instead.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

duz posted:

If he can actually get dems to turn out to vote, it doesn't really matter.

Berniebros loathe him, and we've learned to ignore them at our peril, because a bunch of Democrats stabbing the candidate in the back looks really bad.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Sinners Sandwich posted:

also the year is young

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Arguably the primaries were the first failure.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cat Mattress posted:

If that's actually the reason for that requirement, then with the electoral college that gives it a 2/2 safety systems that completely failed to work.

The irony is that it had the opposite effect, since shouting about Obama not being a natural born citizen is what led to Trump's ascendancy in the first place.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Welcome back to Strawman Theatre..

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Yes you can prove logic exists.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

Oh yeah? Then why doesn't atheist-strawman do it? :smug:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Donald J. Trump is our president-elect. The concept of logic and a loving god are both very difficult to prove.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

it's bad enough when this happens for two cartoons with the same topic. The top one at least has the better justification re the sistine being in the vatican, i guess

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

Berniebros loathe him, and we've learned to ignore them at our peril, because a bunch of Democrats stabbing the candidate in the back looks really bad.

"Berniebros loathe Keith Ellison" is a new one on me honestly

Last I checked, "Berniebros" were having heart palpitations at the thought of Keith Ellison not becoming DNC chair. What are you basing this on?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cat Mattress posted:

Ah but can you prove logic exists without using logic QED nerd

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, its gonna take me a minute because my brain automatically shut down to defend itself from the stupidest loving thing its ever heard.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

CAUTION
- GEOPOLITICAL MISCALCULATION
- ROGUE STATES
- NINJAS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gotta agree with this, why isn't Obama giving the medal to Jimmy Carter? :mad:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Yeah, Obama, always adorning himself in gold and calling himself the best ever.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"Yawn! Who cares what some liberal celebrity thinks?" barked every conservative cartoonist, immediately rushing over to their drawing boards to draft a cartoon about how much said celebrity doesn't matter.

I wonder, if you go back far enough, how tiny Trump would have to be to fill Obama's shoes, since Obama was too tiny to fill Bush's shoes, who was too tiny to fill Clinton's shoes, who...

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I feel like a lot of people now understand the baffling visceral rage a lot of rightists felt over Obama, where every little thing he did was somehow grating. Feels a little hypocritical after years of "drat, can't you guys find one single nice thing to say about Obama" but here we are.

It's hard to accept this, except for a few outliers like Pissgate, because Trump genuinely flies off the handle, tosses around lowbrow insults, lies or forgets what he's said from hour to hour, and is actively appointing the most destructive people he can find to every single post he has influence over. Meanwhile, Obama was hated because Marxist Muslim madrassah dijon mustard salt death panels lapel pin taking your guns -- things that didn't happen or didn't matter.

I could buy it for post-election Bush because he got a lot of poo poo for just seeming pretty dumb and looking like a chimp. It wasn't until he dragged the country into crazytown ca. 2002 that people's anger started to match the consequences of his actions.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I could buy it for post-election Bush because he got a lot of poo poo for just seeming pretty dumb and looking like a chimp. It wasn't until he dragged the country into crazytown ca. 2002 that people's anger started to match the consequences of his actions.

Wasn't the early anger about Bush mostly a consequence of the absurdly close election (decided by less than a thousand votes), in which he lost the popular vote while winning for the first time in over a hundred years?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

21 Muns posted:

Wasn't the early anger about Bush mostly a consequence of the absurdly close election (decided by less than a thousand votes), in which he lost the popular vote while winning for the first time in over a hundred years?

That's also a very good point, but if we're talking about things Presidents have actually done of their own accord, Trump is getting a really early start, what with tanking defense company stocks, recalling every ambassador, refusing to divest his investments, bringing his kids along to meetings with foreign leaders, etc.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

No you fool you're supposed to ask him what holds an atom's nucleus together and then when he says gluons you say that they've never been proven to exist.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

Are there any of these where he talks about the burden of proof?

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

holy poo poo

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I'm sure this has been pointed out, but I like how conservative cartoonists are doing their best to jam in as many "Obama is leaving behind a yuge mess for Trump" cartoons as they can before inauguration. It's like they're already set on blaming Obama for the next four years before it's even happened.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

loquacius posted:

"Berniebros loathe Keith Ellison" is a new one on me honestly

Last I checked, "Berniebros" were having heart palpitations at the thought of Keith Ellison not becoming DNC chair. What are you basing this on?

at this point you can replace "berniebro" with "leftist strawman i made up" tbh

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I've seen a few tweets from people who are very surprised and upset to learn that The Affordable Healthcare Act and Obamacare are the same thing and that it's going to go away soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there any of these where he talks about the burden of proof?

God not existing (or not hating humanity while calling it 'love') is an extraordinary claim to him is the thing. He's so far in that worldview he can't concieve of burden of proof.

• Locked thread