Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Time posted:

I personally don't care where my team is located at all. I'm not going to sit around in the town I grew up in so it doesn't matter to me where they physically are
:same: I grew up and pretty much spent my entire life in the Denver suburbs up until over five years ago when I moved to Chicago. I naturally became a Broncos fan as a kid because they were the home team, but I feel like I'm at the point where if they ended up relocating to another city they would still be the team I root for.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

gently caress Spanos first and foremost. I'm glad this Stadium debacle is over. I will miss Rivers, and I think that players Like Junior Seau have done a lot of great things for San Diego. Spanos has burned his bridge. I look forward to watching the Spanos family get bent over a barrel in the coming years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers twitter and facebook changed the logo AGAIN

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

All teams make their logos in Paint and save as .jpg, right?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Febreeze posted:

Any designer will probably tell you that they have a lot less control over the design than most people believe. You basically come up with a ton of ideas and pitch it to the client at intervals and the client picks what they want and ask or demand certain changes until finally it's done and the designer is rarely happy with the result.

Clients aren't necessarily all bad people, they do have a brand to worry about and to be honest a lot of ideas the artist gets are probably crap that wouldn't work so reigning the designer in can be a good thing, but it also makes them very averse to risk and innovation and results in stuff like bland corporate poo poo like the logo we got and a general cluelessness.

This is true. I have worked at a major company forever and while my design work (UX design but graphics too) is for internal clients it is often a big struggle to balance pleasing the client and also steering them away from their bad ideas.

That said this logo thing was dumb (and funny) as hell -certainly wasn't handled by a competent PR team and/or design firm.

Do you want artifacts? Save As->JPG and not PNG will get you artifacts

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Is this new coach any good?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ice To Meet You posted:

All teams make their logos in Paint and save as .jpg, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apparently after seeing the backlash in San Diego over the Chargers moving to LA, the NFL is worried about riots at the Oakland Coliseum if the Raiders announce they're moving to Las Vegas and still have to play in the OCo for the next few years. Looks like if the Raiders move to Vegas they are going to try and cut and run, and not play in Oakland next year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's the city that is going to take the heat for the Raiders leaving, but either way, the coliseum would get torn to pieces the last game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

keevo posted:

Is this new coach any good?

He's a first time head coach so no one really knows

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

If they went with this from the start no one would have given them poo poo

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's still looks like it went through MS Paint at some point. The blue has artifacts all over by the letters.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

a neat cape posted:

This font looks familiar. Also shouldnt they still have a lightning bolt somewhere?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

Apparently after seeing the backlash in San Diego over the Chargers moving to LA, the NFL is worried about riots at the Oakland Coliseum if the Raiders announce they're moving to Las Vegas and still have to play in the OCo for the next few years. Looks like if the Raiders move to Vegas they are going to try and cut and run, and not play in Oakland next year.

Isn't that stadium already ruins?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Isn't that stadium already ruins?

Burning it down would be doing both teams a favor but the league understandably doesn't want that airing on live TV or the audio being on radio

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

Burning it down would be doing both teams a favor but the league understandably doesn't want that airing on live TV or the audio being on radio

It'd be the one thing that would get me to tune into Thursday Night Football, that's for sure.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

She did just have a kid last year....

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
gently caress this move and this new "team." I'm a San Diego Chargers fan, not a loving "Los Angles" Chargers fan. Don't get me wrong, I like LA and always have an excellent time there (parts of it have grown on me) but moving this team there is as disgusting as a Donald Trump presidency. Dean Spanos can go choke on a fat cock and die. I hope he's beheaded by the Mexican cartel.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

i am kiss u now posted:

gently caress this move and this new "team." I'm a San Diego Chargers fan, not a loving "Los Angles" Chargers fan. Don't get me wrong, I like LA and always have an excellent time there (parts of it have grown on me) but moving this team there is as disgusting as a Donald Trump presidency. Dean Spanos can go choke on a fat cock and die. I hope he's beheaded by the Mexican cartel.

Oh cool thanks

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

i am kiss u now posted:

Harsh, but fair.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i am kiss u now posted:

This reads really badly but I agree with nearly every point in it.

I'll probably end up rooting for the Los Angeles Chargers though because having to familiarize myself with a new team is a lot of work

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

a neat cape posted:

hahah it does indeed get better (worse)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

It's still looks like it went through MS Paint at some point. The blue has artifacts all over by the letters.

Just to be clear, MS Paint is fully capable of saving things as .png for non-lossy compression. Those artifacts are called "compression artifacts" and are due to using .jpg, an inappropriate file format for this kind of image.

It may well still have been an MS Paint image, mind you, but MS Paint is not the problem here, this is user error.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

a neat cape posted:

I'll probably end up rooting for the Los Angeles Chargers though because having to familiarize myself with a new team is a lot of work

Yes, it's terrible. I had a very long day and I'm still seething with anger. I do like Philip Rivers, as well though and, there's a lot of great, young talent on that team but, I'm done.

go raiders.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Can they make the Los Angeles any smaller? It's like they're trying to hide it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

a neat cape posted:

He's a first time head coach so no one really knows

Was he any good when he was on those other teams?

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

i am kiss u now posted:

I agree with all this.

I'm done with the NFL, which feels pretty good. I will enjoy having my Sundays and not having to support these billionaire shitbags.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

i am kiss u now posted:

I think there is more than one cartel in Mexico.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Winkie01 posted:

She did just have a kid last year....

Mark Davis is already the coolest owner but this would make him legendary

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

a neat cape posted:

No it isnt. Also you're acting like a battered wife.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Chichevache posted:

I think there is more than one cartel in Mexico.

YOU know which cartel I'm talking about. THAT one.

got any sevens posted:

Plus, Rivers has thrown INTs to like half the NFL's defense at this point so you have a pretty good start right there.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

got any sevens posted:

Steelangel is a lil babby who loves to whine into the ether

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

got any sevens posted:

Yeah

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hell, same

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

keevo posted:

Was he any good when he was on those other teams?

All I know about him is that the Bills had a chance to promote him and didn't.

It's a weird hire. Why bring in an OC as a head coach if you're just going to keep Whisenhunt for offensive continuity? Maybe he's just a better manager of personalities or whatever, I don't know. At least he isn't McCoy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Mark Davis is already the coolest owner but this would make him legendary

I can't think of anyone I would rather inherit the raiders than the love child of mark Davis and Bonnie rotten

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ross, if it makes you feel any better, there's only like a 50 percent chance that we even make it to the beginning of the 2017 football season.

At this time a year from now, we may all be watching the Russian equivalent of football, which I can only imagine involves an abnormally large and round beet, as well as big furry hats.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Have you considered rooting for the San Francisco 49ers? Almost none of our players are worth familiarizing yourself with anyway!

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

a neat cape posted:

All I know about him is that the Bills had a chance to promote him and didn't.

It's a weird hire. Why bring in an OC as a head coach if you're just going to keep Whisenhunt for offensive continuity? Maybe he's just a better manager of personalities or whatever, I don't know. At least he isn't McCoy

Because Spanos is also cheap, in addition to being a scumbag.

I'm gonna test run the Packers for the playoffs, see if I can remember anyone's name other than Rodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Glass of Milk posted:

Because Spanos is also cheap, in addition to being a scumbag.

I'm gonna test run the Packers for the playoffs, see if I can remember anyone's name other than Rodgers.

Jordy Nelson

e: gently caress, he's injured.

ummm, that guy with the hair. clay aiken? matthews? idk.

• Locked thread