Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Astralis 3-0, Hellraisers 0-3

Optic, Liquid, G2, fnatic, Virtus Pro, SK, Na'Vi

North and FaZe very close too. G2 will actually probably disappoint and do worse than those two, but hey.

Tough Major to predict because there are a billion potential upsets. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shoe-in team like VP or SK go out in groups because of some wild bo1s. Probably gonna be some super tense games in the final group games for elimination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hr are getting out of groups u loving idiots

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

HR are definitely contenders right now, probably better then Gambit and Liquid.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Good luck with that

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Famethrowa posted:

HR are definitely contenders right now, probably better then Gambit and Liquid.

I guess I don't keep up with form so much, but on paper both lineups look way better than HR. Why are HR so special and likely to get out of groups? A quick look at their results doesn't exactly wow me.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hr have the power of friendship, which is the real factor that propels champions 🏆

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

Just FYI for dudes in thread. Currently wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours in regard to the whole passing out thing. Finally got seen

I missed some key details but I hope you're doing well. Stay safe.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Jeza posted:

I guess I don't keep up with form so much, but on paper both lineups look way better than HR. Why are HR so special and likely to get out of groups? A quick look at their results doesn't exactly wow me.

they have some hungarian motherfucker called DeadFox who's like 10x better than Portugese Fox

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Deadfox and Bondik have been great pickups, and the team has a whole has been pulling off some great upsets on the way to qualifying for the major. Their showing at the final qualifiers showed lots of promise.

I think they can conceivably upset G2 and Faze, not to mention Liquid and Flipside.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
What a tough time to be a Hiko fan. :(

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

all bets on

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Believing in Liquid rofl. If they can't win it with s1mple simultaneously winning and throwing rounds they ain't doin it with Danish cast-off

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

sleppy posted:

all bets on

:getin:

I bought all the Liquid sprays.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

RyokoTK posted:

What a tough time to be a Hiko fan. :(

It hurts. It hurts deep. Why did I have to start watching his stream and then become a liquid fan. I've learned what I'm in for after watching the years whittle away at my friend who's a lions fan.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

Astralis 3-0, Hellraisers 0-3

Optic, Liquid, G2, fnatic, Virtus Pro, SK, Na'Vi

North and FaZe very close too. G2 will actually probably disappoint and do worse than those two, but hey.

Tough Major to predict because there are a billion potential upsets. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shoe-in team like VP or SK go out in groups because of some wild bo1s. Probably gonna be some super tense games in the final group games for elimination.

If Liquid somehow get out of groups, it will most likely be by the skin of their teeth. Also, G2 as of late is far too mediocre, and Fnatic with doplan have barely played together: just 18 maps in a little over two months.

I highly doubt Godsent can't at least beat Flipsid3 or HR, but then again, they did just lose to a T4 Polish team, so...

Not even Turk believes in mousesports anymore. :staredog:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

sterster posted:

It hurts. It hurts deep. Why did I have to start watching his stream and then become a liquid fan. I've learned what I'm in for after watching the years whittle away at my friend who's a lions fan.

Tell me about it, I live in Minnesota and know nothing but abject misery when it comes to local pride.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Who was the goon that had like thousands in skins from betting before the crackdown because I want his opinion

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

If Liquid somehow get out of groups, it will most likely be by the skin of their teeth. Also, G2 as of late is far too mediocre, and Fnatic with doplan have barely played together: just 18 maps in a little over two months.

I highly doubt Godsent can't at least beat Flipsid3 or HR, but then again, they did just lose to a T4 Polish team, so...

Not even Turk believes in mousesports anymore. :staredog:

Bud, believe me, it was a tough choice between my mouzboiz and FaZe, but I gotta face facts that mouz is garbage if they can't get anybody to help NiKo out. It can't be the Niko Show each and every game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lowel and denis will carry. not kidding

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Bud, believe me, it was a tough choice between my mouzboiz and FaZe, but I gotta face facts that mouz is garbage if they can't get anybody to help NiKo out. It can't be the Niko Show each and every game.

loWel and ChrisJ can turn up, probably, maybe. Glad to see you on the MLG side now, though. :smugdog:

stump collector posted:

lowel and denis will carry. not kidding

Isn't denis their worst player staistically?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
dont care hes due for a good tournament

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

sleppy posted:

all bets on

Is this someone's new tattoo?

Agoat posted:

I missed some key details but I hope you're doing well. Stay safe.

Not much. Doing better. I still pass out from coughing and laughing too hard. At least the doctors are like "well that's loving weird!" Now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do you move slower when carrying a hostage

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Glad to see you on the MLG side now, though. :smugdog:

:owned:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Crazy that counterstrike made you aware of that condition. Glad you got through to the VA finally

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

Do you move slower when carrying a hostage

Yes.

If this pick causes you to miss Gold/Silver by 1-3 points, I will laugh pretty hard.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

If this pick causes you to miss Gold/Silver by 1-3 points, I will laugh pretty hard.

It'll be okay because I only display this bad boy anyway. :getin:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I recently stopped playing for 8+ months and got inactive-deranked right down into the silvers. If anyone would like to join the sealclubbing back up to gold nova something PM me or add me on steam, same username as here.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

symbolic posted:

Yeah, I'm betting on them having a bad start, and just going full-on tilt from how bad things have been for them lately.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ah, yes, the Reddit approach.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

VelociBacon posted:

I recently stopped playing for 8+ months and got inactive-deranked right down into the silvers. If anyone would like to join the sealclubbing back up to gold nova something PM me or add me on steam, same username as here.

I'll join you on the nights my internet isn't poo poo.

Soulex13 is my steamid

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What's the best creative player sticker so far?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Either Carrygan or Kioshima probably

Though Zeus' new thunderbolt sig looks nice, and I like AnGe1's and Sixer's just from how they look.

And of course there's the old VACO sig.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

symbolic posted:

I remember some people asking, quote, "Who the gently caress is PRIDE lol".

So here's a bit of backstory.

Back in the day, there was the Golden Five: Neo, Taz, Kuben, Loord, and Luq (later on Luq retired and was replaced by Pasha and that lineup is still called the Golden Five often enough). Fast forward to 2013 and Loord and Kuben leave, since the team is in deep enough doldrums they figure something needs to change. They take on byali and Snax and some time later Kuben comes back as a coach.

This leaves Loord. In 1.6 he was definitely a good player, but always second fiddle to Neo and Taz. He also had something of a reputation for raging based on some incidents. Supposedly, once he left the Golden Five (I think they played as Universal Soldiers at the time?), he figured it was a good opportunity to form a team where he'd get to be the star, so he assembled a team of youngsters and got right back to playing, with mediocre results. His team - one that is now Kinguin - had some better and worse results, but never anything big, like playing at a Major. It was firmly the second-best Polish team, though, which I guess was enough to pay the bills.

Then a new side sprung up, made up of players with no connection to the Golden Five. It was a team of five new faces, who, with time, managed to start competing with Loord's teams for the second-best-in-Poland status. Eventually, via player swaps, signings, and re-signings, Loord ends up with the core lineup of what is now Kinguin, while the other team (at that point playing as eBettle, later Vexed, later AGG) qualify for the Cologne 2015 major. From this point on, Loord's team finds it second-to-VP status seriously challenged.

Then, in September of last year, AGG suddenly released the team and it unexpectedly disbanded. From that point on, Loord, now as coach of Kinguin, had a free hand to pick the best players in Poland who were not in VP for his squad.

PRIDE are the guys he rejected.

In other words, they're the rejects from a squad led by a man who took up coaching after being rejected for actual play in a squad made up of guys rejected from being picked up for VP (from where he was also rejected before).

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

if you guys want to watch a comedy show, BIG vs Rogue on cache was hilarious.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

if you guys want to watch a comedy show, BIG vs Rogue on cache was hilarious.

Any team that unironically picks up Cadian will be unintentionally hilarious anyway

e:
https://clips.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs/ClumsyFoxWutFace

wow. just...

even more e:
https://clips.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs/TalentedSeahorseHumbleLife

Cadian really is the worst professional player in cs:go

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker