Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CJacobs posted:

Only if you've got enough damage dealing items to kill things before they can get a chance to attack you, which is not possible in many situations in this videogame.
Basically, yeah. It really seems like the most "realistic" scenario is to pick up the Holy Mantle at some point on those two runs and not lose it when you transition through to the third, and even then you have to have a pretty sweet build to kill everything in Sheol/Dark Room before it can hit you twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man Delirium sure shoots a lot of loving bullets. Probably still easier than Hush because of lower HP though.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

RatHat posted:

Man Delirium sure shoots a lot of loving bullets. Probably still easier than Hush because of lower HP though.

i dunno, i can reliably dodge all of the hush's attacks and take zero damage over the whole fight (assuming my damage is high enough to deal with adds and i can out run the orbital strikes) but delirium just gets all up in your grill and explodes into a million spawns and poo poo

maybe i just need more practice. does he still teleport on top of you got instant damage?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I think Isaac updated overnight and now it refuses to launch, the "preparing to launch" window just keeps blinking until I close it. Antibirth won't launch either, but that one says it's attempting to launch with the parameters " " and clicking ok just makes it go to the preparing to launch window and then immediately back to the parameters thing until I close the window. Anyone else had this? My other Steam games work fine.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

I think Isaac updated overnight and now it refuses to launch, the "preparing to launch" window just keeps blinking until I close it. Antibirth won't launch either, but that one says it's attempting to launch with the parameters " " and clicking ok just makes it go to the preparing to launch window and then immediately back to the parameters thing until I close the window. Anyone else had this? My other Steam games work fine.

It launches fine for me, but now whenever Delirium becomes the Gate or Mega Maw or It Lives, it teleports up to the northwest corner of the arena and I cannot hit it until it teleports again.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stone Fatties need to stop to catch their breath now. I haven't been following patch changes closely, but I think that's new with this one.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

Stone Fatties need to stop to catch their breath now. I haven't been following patch changes closely, but I think that's new with this one.

Yeah, they're much easier to deal with with Lilith, now that the little guy isn't stuck inside a stone fatty all the time. They also fixed the RERUN achievement (complete victory lap #3), so you can do it without mods enabled now.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I really want those hard stat numbers but not to the tune of :10bux: and definitely not with all the detrimental bullshit in tow.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Krampus takes 8 more frames to brimstone now.

http://m.imgur.com/a/b571g

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

No mention of this?

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/819771205393661954?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Orange Harrison posted:

I really want those hard stat numbers but not to the tune of :10bux: and definitely not with all the detrimental bullshit in tow.

Download and play Antibirth for free, it's got the same HUD except it looks a little nicer.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Pigbuster posted:

Krampus takes 8 more frames to brimstone now.

http://m.imgur.com/a/b571g

That's a pleasant surprise. With all the extra directions he can shoot now, I was taking a lot of damage fighting him.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

BJPaskoff posted:

That's a pleasant surprise. With all the extra directions he can shoot now, I was taking a lot of damage fighting him.

Haven't played since the first post afterbirth+ patch, but is there a tell for when he shoots diagonally yet? I can deal with horizontal/vertical beams by strafing and trying to stay out of the way, but there was only so much to be done when I tried avoiding horizontal beams only to step directly into diagonal ones.

Or was there one before and I just didn't notice it in the handful of runs I did?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Wrist Watch posted:

Haven't played since the first post afterbirth+ patch, but is there a tell for when he shoots diagonally yet? I can deal with horizontal/vertical beams by strafing and trying to stay out of the way, but there was only so much to be done when I tried avoiding horizontal beams only to step directly into diagonal ones.

Or was there one before and I just didn't notice it in the handful of runs I did?

I thought he was referring to the spin brim.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Kuros posted:

I thought he was referring to the spin brim.

I was talking about both the diagonally and the spin. There's no tell when he's doing either, as far as I can see. I have the same trouble with angels.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

With the angels it's pretty easy to just dodge all 8 directions. It can be awkward with Krampus' wider beams and spinning ability.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Each angel can only do two types of beam and has separate tells for both iirc

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
There's a sound cue for the diagonal brimstone. Still no way of telling if he's gonna spin it, though.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Each angel can only do two types of beam and has separate tells for both iirc

Yeah, the one with vestaments on is the one that can shoot 4 ways at once IIRC. At least in the Mega Satan fight.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

With how bad all the console ports have been it isn't worth mentioning.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

flyboi posted:

With how bad all the console ports have been it isn't worth mentioning.

I probably play the 3ds version the most these days, even with the slowdown and without the expansions. Still not buying a switch for a long time, but it's pretty cool.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The console ports are beyond bad. There's slowdown whenever you enter a room, whenever collectibles spawn, whenever a lot of attacks are happening. They have gamebreaking bugs that crash the game and require you to restart the consoles (if you do too well in the Boss Rush for instance, the game will crash. Makes that unlock a lot of fun) and apparently it memory leaks so badly that it can crash the 3ds even in sleep mode. How the gently caress that works, I don't know.

As a programmer myself, it's a loving nightmare how bad they are at their job. Remember when they said the Wii U hardware wasn't strong enough to handle their 2D pixelart indie game?

e: jokes on me for buying them though, I guess :downs:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I had no idea that holding R reset your win streak. Like, I get "why" because it's "an achievement" but gently caress you Edmund there's fuckin content locked behind a 5-win streak.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Your Computer posted:

The console ports are beyond bad. There's slowdown whenever you enter a room, whenever collectibles spawn, whenever a lot of attacks are happening. They have gamebreaking bugs that crash the game and require you to restart the consoles (if you do too well in the Boss Rush for instance, the game will crash. Makes that unlock a lot of fun) and apparently it memory leaks so badly that it can crash the 3ds even in sleep mode. How the gently caress that works, I don't know.

As a programmer myself, it's a loving nightmare how bad they are at their job. Remember when they said the Wii U hardware wasn't strong enough to handle their 2D pixelart indie game?

e: jokes on me for buying them though, I guess :downs:

I've been lucky enough to avoid any major crashes, but you're not wrong. I just hope they learned enough to do better next time, because I am an innocent babe in the woods.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

apokaladle posted:

I've been lucky enough to avoid any major crashes, but you're not wrong. I just hope they learned enough to do better next time, because I am an innocent babe in the woods.

Yeah, I want to believe :( Portable Binding of Isaac that works would be like the best thing.

Shame it's Afterbirth+ though, I really doubt they'll be able to iron out everything before releasing it on the Switch and they're notorious for not supporting their console games after release (see: previous post)..

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
As someone who got 1001% with Afterbirth, I'm finding absolutely nothing enjoyable about Afterbirth+. All the additions just seem like a big "gently caress you" to the player instead of adding anything that's actually interesting.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Fun fact; if Undefined sends you to an I AM ERROR room in the Void, when you take the trapdoor it just sends you back to a brand new Void level. I managed to make it past Hush with 1 heart and then just ran the Void until I built up a juggernaught with full hearts to take out Delirium.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crackbone posted:

Fun fact; if Undefined sends you to an I AM ERROR room in the Void, when you take the trapdoor it just sends you back to a brand new Void level. I managed to make it past Hush with 1 heart and then just ran the Void until I built up a juggernaught with full hearts to take out Delirium.

You could also do this with The Chest and Dark Room in Rebirth, but they ceased to be have ERROR rooms in Afterbirth. Void'll probably get it's ERROR room patched out.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I had no idea that holding R reset your win streak. Like, I get "why" because it's "an achievement" but gently caress you Edmund there's fuckin content locked behind a 5-win streak.

This is the worst complaint, sorry. You have to win five in a row as different characters, not hold R on five different characters until you start next to a curse room with three Guppy pieces.

If you start with a good Eden run, you can play your two best characters and then Isaac and Azazel and be done with it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I did my first win of the streak with the lost :smugdog:

Has anyone actually gotten a sort special rock though? What makes it super special?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's weird that there's no challenge where you start with the Dinfinite

EDIT: Apparently the Smelter(consumes trinkets to give you their effects permanently) works on One-use trinkets. So if you consume Missing Poster you'll always come back to death as the Lost, Store credit makes all store items free, ect.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 14, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woo beat Bassakwards. Had to restart a ton to eventually get epic fetus that lasted till Caves 1. Went down to half a heart against Big Horn in Caves II because epic fetus is hoooooooooorrrriibbblleee against Big Horn. It would have been just awful to lose it there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh great, portal to the Void spawned UNDER me after Mom. I'm not sure this character can beat Delirium yet so I hope I get some good items, or else my 3 win streak(with 3 different characters) will end.

EDIT: Managed to do it, mostly thanks to the Perc pill I found.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 14, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some people on reddit have found the "super special rocks"

They're just tinted rocks that take 2 bombs to destroy instead of 1.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Some people on reddit have found the "super special rocks"

They're just tinted rocks that take 2 bombs to destroy instead of 1.

McMillan'd.txt

EDIT: It says they drop twice as much, which I guess is nice, but still... why?

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 14, 2017

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Why not? Makes the tinted rock finders more relevant as well.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

Oh great, portal to the Void spawned UNDER me after Mom. I'm not sure this character can beat Delirium yet so I hope I get some good items, or else my 3 win streak(with 3 different characters) will end.

EDIT: Managed to do it, mostly thanks to the Perc pill I found.

The 3 win streak can be done with the same character, it's the 5 win that must be done with different guys.

I spent 5 hours trying to get "zip!" yesterday and the only viable runs I got was 0:20:30, 0:20:05 with Eden and a 0:16:xx with Samson where I died to Big Horn outside of the Lambs room. At least the Ace of Hearts is easy to unlock, just do basement I & II with the Lost.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that's what I meant, I was 3 wins into the 5 win streak.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
swallowed penny is such a bearer of false hope

i can never grab that penny beforce the invincibility frames wear off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone else try to drop a trinket or card, and then you can't hold any trinkets/cards without constantly holding down the button to drop them? I thought this was a problem with the new character, but I just got it with Issac twice today. I can exit the game and restart it, but it'll still be there. I have to exit the game all together to stop this. I'm on a Mac with a 360 controller.