Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a new study bible! posted:

Ross, if it makes you feel any better, there's only like a 50 percent chance that we even make it to the beginning of the 2017 football season.

At this time a year from now, we may all be watching the Russian equivalent of football, which I can only imagine involves an abnormally large and round beet, as well as big furry hats.

Replace the ball with the heads of owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

This reads really badly but I agree with nearly every point in it.

I'll probably end up rooting for the Los Angeles Chargers though because having to familiarize myself with a new team is a lot of work

Speaking as someone who has also had his favorite team taken from him, there is another way. I became an NBA neutral. Still enjoy the sport, still watch games, but my only real rooting interest is that the Thunder lose. Other than that, I watch whatever teams and players I like, because it's the 21st century and I can do that.

It's honestly been pretty fun! I don't have to be pinned to one team, I can just wander. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it, and really none of the heartbreak because I'm only there to see good basketball and have fun.

I'd consider that route instead of just opting to stay with the Chargers or latch onto another team. Who knows, maybe you'll find another team you like enough to become a fan that way.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Raiders reportedly just filed official papers for relocation to Vegas according to Rapoport. I dunno if anything new happened or if it's just an official release of old news

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 14, 2017

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...
Everyone complains about the billionaire owners when the Packers owners personally got Trump elected.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Copernic posted:

Everyone complains about the billionaire owners when the Packers owners personally got Trump elected.

They were hardly the only Trump supporters in that demographic.

Though at least scumbags like Woody and Kraft will get some benefit from the administration, unlike Packers fans

E: There are some exceptions, of course.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 14, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm fairly sure that Paul Ryan, like the rest of us, lusts for death.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Copernic posted:

And their management, who actually control the team, still voted for the lockout.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Nationalize football

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually the players should own the teams and the league.

They pretty much all went to college, right? I'm sure they'd do fine.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Raiders reportedly just filed official papers for relocation to Vegas according to Rapoport. I dunno if anything new happened or if it's just an official release of old news

Where do they play if they move?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dr Tran posted:

Sam Boyd, most likely.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Leperflesh posted:

Actually the players should own the teams and the league.

They pretty much all went to college, right? I'm sure they'd do fine.

Those degrees in landscaping will go to good use at the skins field. Unless the cte made them forget everything.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Dr Tran posted:

I think the plan is still to stay in Oakland until the new building is ready.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Sam Boyd seats 35,000. Davis can probably make UNLV agree to let the Raiders play there for free for a year or two as a condition of the Rebels being able to play at the new arena.

Otherwise they'll play in O.Co and will have to shell out a shitton of money in security.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Oakland isn't some 3rd world uncivilized city that's going to riot over the Raiders moving

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
San Diego City Council says that they'll reach out to the Raiders if Vegas falls through

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
San Diego Raiders just doesn't sound right.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

San Diego Raiders just doesn't sound right.
Why wouldn't they just swap their names and everything at that point?

I still don't understand how you can have two teams with blue and yellow as their primary colours in the same city.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I still don't understand how you can have two teams with blue and yellow as their primary colours in the same city.

*looks up universal and natural law* I don't see any strict prohibition

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man, I wonder how fast what's left of the San Diego Charger fanbase would switch to the Raiders if that happened.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

"You know what? gently caress it then, we ARE NOW the Los Angeles Dodge Chargers"

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

coupbrick posted:

"You know what? gently caress it then, we ARE NOW the Los Angeles Dodge Chargers"

"No thanks, we don't want to have our name be synonomous with a completely dysfunctional product." -Dodge

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

If you don't you are mentally ill. Literally.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

whiteyfats posted:

Oh man, I wonder how fast what's left of the San Diego Charger fanbase would switch to the Raiders if that happened.

I dunno. The main thing I'm twitching about is if Carr was healthy, beat the Texans and had an epic match with the Pats.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

There's no reason for the Raiders to stop being the Raiders, they have fans all over not just in Oakland (or LA).

quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Oakland isn't some 3rd world uncivilized city that's going to riot over the Raiders moving

Haven't Raiders posters said a large chunk of the fans at O.co fly in from out of town? If so, I don't see why they would care that they'll be flying to Vegas instead of Oakland.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 14, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Raiders could do some association with the navy stuff in Diego maybe

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nail Rat posted:

There's no reason for the Raiders to stop being the Raiders, they have fans all over not just in Oakland (or LA).
I know someone who grew up in Nebraska and became a Raiders fan as a kid purely out of spite towards the Broncos

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/820376835305377792

:lol: Good Job

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I know someone who grew up in Nebraska and became a Raiders fan as a kid purely out of spite towards the Broncos

Please send me his Facebook. I think we might be long lost brothers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

whiteyfats posted:

Insanely fast

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ahahahahahahahaha

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

No poo poo, the Rams "came back" to LA and will earn some cred as being the default "home team".

Everyone in LA can see the me too bullshit with the chargers and knows there's no loyalty to LA, it's purely business.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

too bad rams vs chargers in 2018 isn't at the soccer stadium, would have loved to see the attendance for that

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Rams are like gently caress yeah, we're the #1 team this time

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
WE WILL FIGHT FOR LA. ALL OF LA. EVERY INCH. EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD. FIGHT.

I don't know what they're fighting though. I guess the Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers, and Packers?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

WE WILL FIGHT FOR LA. ALL OF LA. EVERY INCH. EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD. FIGHT.

I don't know what they're fighting though. I guess the Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers, and Packers?

Attention it looks like.
More like 5th child syndrome screaming "Look at me, look at meeeeeee!"

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Well to be fair it was something they could agree on.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://www.youtube.com/v/qypmBdL9OoQ?start=23&end=37

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Man I can't imagine the Raiders moving to San Diego. That would be insane. That's like if the Orioles moved to New Jersey then the Toronto Blue Jays moved to Baltimore and all the names stayed the same. So in the AL East you'd have the Baltimore Blue Jays and the New Jersey Orioles. And what would the fans do???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Also, I want to hurt you people in favor of Vegas Raiders, because this place is a bunch of barely middle class people living like they're upper middle class and a bunch of poor people living like they're barely middle class, with a lot of families where nobody goes to college. Low taxes and slim public budgets are what makes all that happen and somehow a bunch of assholes decided that the public's assistance is best spent on professional sports that will largely be viewed by other people because almost nobody here is actually as wealthy as they appear.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 15, 2017

• Locked thread