Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

mekilljoydammit posted:

Goddamn, where were you 6 months ago when I bought an empty shell with a crunched front end from Chicago. ;) (it's a race project, I'm not actually that broken up, just took me a while to find one at the price I wanted to pay)

Waffling. Sorry.

Voltage posted:

I'm in NY but wouldn't mind doing a fly+drive if the price was right - email me at [REDACTED].

You're a madman and I appreciate that. Email sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
The best are the super-low-mileage Miata's that have gone up on BaT lately.

23k 1994 - sold for $10k
2k 1991 - sold for $18k
25k 1992 - sold for $6750

NA's have only been going up in value for a while but all of these people are dumb as hell. That 1991 Miata sold for $14k in 1991, or $24k in 2017 dollars. So you bought a cheap, ubiquitous car designed to be driven over everything else, then instead of driving it you stored it for two decades and lost $6k on it (not even considering how much $14k would have netted you today had you just invested it.) Ridiculous.

Meanwhile:

7k 04 MSM - didn't meet reserve at $15k
40k 2003 - didn't meet reserve at $5900

No one likes NB's and I think they're a much better value than NA's. I couldn't touch an NA worth a poo poo here for under $6k, ended up buying an 01 NB LS w/6spd and ABS for $4500

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
NBs are holding value much better than the NC. The NC is just a straight dive into zero.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

destructo posted:

NBs are holding value much better than the NC. The NC is just a straight dive into zero.

PRHTs are holding on a little better

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

destructo posted:

That's cause no one wants an NC

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can confirm I bought my nc for too much in 2014 and it's been dropping value like a rock

I don't plan on selling it though and I like driving it around without giving a poo poo about keeping it high value

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I think the NC appearance wise has aged pretty well. I used to really like the look of the NB, now not so much. When I buy another Miata - if it's the next 5 years or so, it will be an NC. I like the idea of a bit more comfortable car and the motor specs seem pretty nice.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
NC with a 2.5 swap is a surprisingly easy route to NA power.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, at least I bought my NC well below market value!

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Voltage posted:

I'm in NY but wouldn't mind doing a fly+drive if the price was right - email me

Take a peek in MD/VA/DC craigslist, I feel like there are a few NAs & NBs with potential around here.

I finally got the torsen I scooped up this fall into my 90. Fresh(er) control arms from a 2002 and new amsoil repacked wheel bearings on as well, rear end is feeling nice :tutbutt:

Winter work is on hold now as I'm hopefully closing on a home next month and will have a new to me garage to set up!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like and will probably be buying an NC.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

n8r posted:

I think the NC appearance wise has aged pretty well. I used to really like the look of the NB, now not so much. When I buy another Miata - if it's the next 5 years or so, it will be an NC. I like the idea of a bit more comfortable car and the motor specs seem pretty nice.

I love my NB2 but the body cladding is rather lame, and I can't help but think about how much dead weight it adds for that macho look. I would have liked a PRHT NC but the cheapest near me was $8800 asking price with a salvage title. I saw an NC today in some sort of club trim in white. The dash on the passenger side was painted white with a red stripe, usually I hate that look but it actually was charming in the NC.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Well I made it 12 days before someone doored my brand new nd

What's the best way to fix this?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

LoL, at least I bought my NC well below market value!

I wonder if the toilet lid shaped hood had anything to do with the tanking value.

A MIRACLE posted:

Find a local PDR guy, might be able to massage that out for cheap before you go making a claim.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
So what's so undesirable of the NC?

Besides the lack of pop up headlights. :smuggo:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People don't like the engine or something? It's a huge bitch to turbo. Like a $9K kit or something is the only total package option if memory serves.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like the the looks of the later Club Sport NCs. Great daily driver Miatas for sure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I like the the looks of the later Club Sport NCs. Great daily driver Miatas for sure.

I like the NC1 and it's oval grill. Once it starts grinning I lose interest.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Find a local PDR guy, might be able to massage that out for cheap before you go making a claim.

It's worth a PDR consult, but most aren't going to touch it because it's across a body line.

edit: I'm aware PDR is possible over body lines, but I haven't had much luck finding anyone who will do it due to time/effort/$$$

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 21, 2017

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

So what? I have to replace the whole fender? gently caress man how much does that cost

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I had similar damage in my nc, was a $900 repair but came out looking brand new. No new fender

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Ok I can handle 900. Still, loving annoying. How long was it in the shop?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think that repair only took a few days, I had other work done that needed parts that took two weeks

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Thanks cause I'm supposed to head up pch in two weeks so I want the car for that so I don't have to take the bike

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I would not get get that fixed. They're going to have to repaint the whole panel and blend it into the door. That's a lot of paintwork for a door ding.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you are going to park in the same spot the same ahole will keep denting it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Winter Refresh complete: New timing belt, cam seals, water pump, thermostat, PR rear caliper, slave cylinder, shifter boots, pressure tested.

Maximum jinba ittai achieved

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

djfooboo posted:

Winter Refresh complete: New timing belt, cam seals, water pump, thermostat, PR rear caliper, slave cylinder, shifter boots, pressure tested.

Maximum jinba ittai achieved

Did you change the oil?!?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I can't wait until the RF Launch Editions start hitting the used car lots. Pants...so...tight....

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Did you change the oil?!?

Does a zoo bear poo poo on concrete?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

A MIRACLE posted:

Well I made it 12 days before someone doored my brand new nd

fender flares :getin:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

:laffo: mazdausa sent me a hefty brass keychain because the miata won two awards

keychain might be good for clutching like a roll of quarters while punching a :godwinning:, otherwise i'mma recycle it

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

:laffo: mazdausa sent me a hefty brass keychain because the miata won two awards

keychain might be good for clutching like a roll of quarters while punching a :godwinning:, otherwise i'mma recycle it
REDEEM FOR ONE (1) FREE MANUAL TRANSMISSION

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm keeping mine because obviously this 33 cent trinket is going to be worth fortunes since it's such a collector's item.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yo I'm gonna mod in a bigger windshield wiper fluid reservoir because that poo poo is laughably small

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I guess I need to take a few days and drop the transmission again. Got some kind of leak down there and I think it might be transmission fluid, because 3rd gear is getting really notchy.

Of course a full engine rebuild and transmission oil seal replacement can't be perfect =P

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Someone post pics of this keychain.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
Key for scale.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Oh yeah they gave me one of this too. I think I lost it already lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
I swooned pretty hard when I got my keychain. It's got some heft to it. I appreciate a good piece of free swag.