Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

ZombieJesus posted:

Also re the water drinking groom, maybe his fiance is being a bitch because she knows it's actually a bullshit "medical condition", and he drinks as some sort of ocd compulsion, and the hospitalisations for "passing out" we're actually just panic attacks?

Even if your loon theory is true, she agreed to marry him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

54 40 or gently caress posted:

:justpost: here so we can applaud you for severing or chide you for being dumb

You have to or it'll automatically remove the post

Reddit is such garbage

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I mean yeah if he has 10 non-webbed fingers and 10 non-webbed toes and is functional enough to post on reddit he's fine.

But talk about an atomic bombshell that you. can,. never. tell. anyone.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Nah make it your tinder profile text

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

I mean yeah if he has 10 non-webbed fingers and 10 non-webbed toes and is functional enough to post on reddit he's fine.

But talk about an atomic bombshell that you. can,. never. tell. anyone.

I can't find it right now but there was the story about the guy and girlfriend who were talking about their first times, and the guy admitted his first time was loving his mother, and he continued loving his mother into his mid-20s.

like, dude

just

you take that to your grave

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

I can't find it right now but there was the story about the guy and girlfriend who were talking about their first times, and the guy admitted his first time was loving his mother, and he continued loving his mother into his mid-20s.

like, dude

just

Reminds me of that verified AMA a guy did about how his mom jerked him off when he broke his arms and it developed into a sexual relationship. Some psychiatrist did a full study on the family to prove his theory about positive incestuous relationships or something.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

like, dude

just

Those stories always depressed the poo poo out of me because I assume there's a very good chance that that kind of sexual abuse started in childhood

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Those stories always depressed the poo poo out of me because I assume there's a very good chance that that kind of sexual abuse started in childhood

:colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
NOPE NOPE NOPE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Parenting should be illegal

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

ZombieJesus posted:

Also re the water drinking groom, maybe his fiance is being a bitch because she knows it's actually a bullshit "medical condition", and he drinks as some sort of ocd compulsion, and the hospitalisations for "passing out" we're actually just panic attacks?

not a doctor but aren't there very severe and chronic kinds of orthostatic hypotension where the treatment is very frequent dosing of water+electrolytes?

leaving aside that it doesn't really matter if it's 'real' or not. even if they are 'just' panic attacks , he's not having them for fun.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Reminds me of that verified AMA a guy did about how his mom jerked him off when he broke his arms and it developed into a sexual relationship. Some psychiatrist did a full study on the family to prove his theory about positive incestuous relationships or something.

i do not... think that the conclusion was accurate

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

That kid is gonna be the first dude in 7th grade to touch a boob
:negative:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Pick posted:

The real fallacy is thinking that being a friend prevents you from being considered as a partner. This is not true, and I've never seen it be true.

Yes it is, I'm doing it to someone right now.

My (32/m) friend (26/f) has been trying to get me to ask out her sister (23/f) who is also part of our friend group for a year, I won't do it because it could potentially blow up my entire social life. She's completely awesome and under different circumstances I'd absolutely be interested. But after sleeping with my best friend (now 32/f) back in the day who I'm no longer on speaking terms with, I have no interest in dating my platonic friends.

E: I'm not leading this poor girl on or anything, just to be clear. I'd just rather stick to tinder than mix sex and friendships.

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 15, 2017

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

My (32/m) friend (26/f) has been trying to get me to ask out her sister (23/f) who is also part of our friend group for a year, I won't do it because it could potentially blow up my entire social life. She's completely awesome and under different circumstances I'd absolutely be interested. But after sleeping with my best friend (now 32/f) back in the day who I'm no longer on speaking terms with, I have no interest in dating my platonic friends.

E: I'm not leading this poor girl on or anything, just to be clear. I'd just rather stick to tinder than mix sex and friendships.

Eh I mean in your case you're not looking for a long term romantic partner at all, yeah? Keeping sex out of friendships when you don't want them to become relationships is a good idea 99.99% of the time.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

what the hell? one of the perks of toddlers is having them fetch you poo poo. they love it

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Tiny Deer posted:

Eh I mean in your case you're not looking for a long term romantic partner at all, yeah? Keeping sex out of friendships when you don't want them to become relationships is a good idea 99.99% of the time.

Not sure what gave you that idea.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tiny Deer posted:

Yeah, if the lady is just looking for some strange trim twice a week or whatever, squishing it and then scramming it on that guy's sister isn't going to do her anything good in her social circles.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

[b]My [21F] boyfriend [22] blocked me after I made an inconsiderate mistake[b]

My boyfriend and I were having a serious talk regarding an issue in our past that hurt him deeply. We were talking through Facebook chat. He decided to go to work late so that we can continue talking. I thought the conversation was about to wrap up and I also didn't want him to be even later for work. He got really upset when I told him the reason (going into a game of League of Legends) for not responding to him right away.

I've thoughtlessly made this mistake a few times before, and he has expressed how much it angers/hurts him when I do something else during a serious discussion. He said that was the last straw and that he and I are done. Granted, he says that he's done or we're done a lot of the times when we fight out of anger. He blocked me off of Facebook (he's done it before), and now I can't contact him since he doesn't have a phone. I messaged him from a different Facebook account of mine, but he didn't respond.

Oddly enough, we don't fight when we're in person. We only have hiccups when we're away from each other (the internet). He does these stunts like blocking and ignoring me, but in person we don't have any problems at all. I find it extremely difficult to resolve our fights when he does things like this. I am no angel by the way, I also pull these moves as well. So what can I do to resolve this issue? Should I keep trying to talk to him or let him cool down and give him space to come to me?

TL;DR: boyfriend blocked me after I played a game in the middle of a serious talk. How do I go about this situation? What do I do to fix my mistake?

lol break up you dummies

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Not sure what gave you that idea.

Wait were you roleplaying as the post or something?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Axel Rhodes Scholar posted:

not a doctor but aren't there very severe and chronic kinds of orthostatic hypotension where the treatment is very frequent dosing of water+electrolytes?

leaving aside that it doesn't really matter if it's 'real' or not. even if they are 'just' panic attacks , he's not having them for fun.

This is diabetes insipidus and the treatment is not to drink gallons and gallons of water a day. He is doing this because of mental illness. This is a recognized manifestation of psychosis.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
so many of these people sound so extremely lame

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Well I just signed up for r/childfree

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hey, is that just for Junior or do we all get a go?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Pearnicious posted:

Nah, they were just charging up their JO crystals, right?

...right?
OMG SOMEONE ANSWER HIM PLEASE

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Gluten Freeman posted:

lol break up you dummies

League of Legends is like DOTA, right, in that matches generally take 45+ minutes and you need to be concentrating basically the entire time or your team falls behind? Because :laffo: if so

"I'm glad we can have a serious discussion about this, I really feel connected to you right now"
"kk lol, brb 1 hour"

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

subhuman filth posted:

This is diabetes insipidus and the treatment is not to drink gallons and gallons of water a day. He is doing this because of mental illness. This is a recognized manifestation of psychosis.

Okay, but that doesn't matter at all. Her weird stubborn refusal to let him have his needed medical thing or security blanky is going to ruin their wedding for no drat good reason.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I read through a whole lot of this topic to not only take my mind off some hilariously awful family drama, but to hopefully find out someone I knew popped up in here since they seem like the reddit type. Kind of disappointed they didn't. At least it's good to know my family still isn't bottom of the barrel, no one I know has left a baby in walmart yet.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Dating within your friend circles is asking for trouble when poo poo goes awry. Especially if it's ever the kind of argument that gets people picking sides and then a break up costs you like half your friends even if it's not an especially bad break up.

Anyway, actual content;
This one doesn't need the meat of the post, just this.

quote:

I [34M] just got a call from the police. My gf [33F] was lying drunk in the middle of the street

tl;dr: My GF was brought to my house by the police because she was drunk and lying in the street. She just pissed on my floor and is denying she's drunk.

So lets try again:

quote:

My[14M] mom[38F] won't let me or my sisters[8&10] go to the renaissance fair because someone she used to know works there. How can I convince her it's safe?
I've always loved anything medieval or high fantasy. There's a ren fair coming to town in few weeks and I really want to go, so do my sisters.

Growing up my mom did sword fighting. She found out that one of the guys that was in her class is a pedophile. She said she found out when her class was around 17-18. He had already started to abuse his younger sisters friend. Nothing was ever proven in court but everyone knew he did it.

Apparently he learned leatherworking and now travels with a ren fair. That's the same ren fair that's coming here. My mom forbids us from going and my dad just goes along with whatever she says.

I think she's being ridiculous. There's going to be hundreds of people there! He's not going to jump out from the bushes and get us.

How can I convince her to let us go? She's being really overprotective right?

tl;dr: One of my moms dueling partners grew up to be a pedo. She thinks we're in danger from being in the same general area..
Don't go to the pedofair.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I just read an article about this today. Surprise: it is depressing.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...eac6094e2523a7e

First line is "TRIGGER WARNING: This story discusses experiences of childhood sexual abuse, incest and suicide."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hehe, maybe people should stop rapin kids

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
r/relationships[new]

My [32M] wife [28F] saw my father spanking our son [4} and flipped out..

u/FamilyInShambles5h

We have been together for 7 years and our relationship is pretty stable except when it comes to my parents. My wife and parents do not get along, they disagree on a lot of things especially parenting. They think she is too gentle and doesn't establish strict enough boundaries while she thinks their parenting choices are too controlling and borderline abusive.

I was belted ..even I got into trouble but I learned how take it and get it over with, otherwise growing up was pretty good. My wife was raised the opposite way, her parents were all about talking and learning through mistakes, she was never belted, grounded or yelled at like I was.

Our parenting style is similar but I have found it hard to be as calm as she and I have lost it a few times but Ive never spanked our son.

My parents were looking after our son and he is very high energy and is going through a phase where he likes to hid things on people and this can be VERY frusrating. He apparently hid my fathers car keys causing my dad to be late for work so my dad belted my son.

When my wife and I came in my son was standing crying saying his bum and back hurt because my dad had spanked him. My wife and him got into an argument, apparently he hit him with his belt on his bare bottom and it was now so red and sore he couldn't sit down. She lost her poo poo yelling he didn't have the right to spank him and picked up the belt and hit my dad with it (my son was not in the room at this point) and said "how does it feel bastard" and stormed out

We drove home in silence with my wife holding our son because he couldn't sit down on the seat. Once my son was taken care of my wife and I got into another argrument about the spanking, I told her that I didn't agree with him hitting him but she was wrong to do that to my father and I tried to get her to apologize and told her that maybe a spanking will teach him something, I don't agree with how extreme my father did it but a tap might not hurt IMO. She wouldn't even hear it, screaming we are the parents and they should respect our choice and what a bastard my father was, he was never to see my son again etc

She ended up leaving the house with our son and won't respond to any of my calls or texts... she sent me one text about how my son also had red marks on his back meaning that he was belted all over his back and not just his bum, it wasn't a simple spank and that just solidifises her decision on them never seeing my son again.

This puts me in a really hard place, my parents aren't welcome (according to my wife) but I don't think that is fair, they are my parents I can't just cut them out like this, they punished my son how they thought was best.

Im sorry this is all jumbled and probably not making much sense but Im at a lost of what to do, how to handle this situation. Its my wife versus my own parents. My parents are my parents, I owe them so much and can't bare the thought of never seeing them again. I just wish my wife would come home so we can discuss this..

tl;dr: My dad spanked my son and my wife lost her poo poo and hit him with the belt so he'd feel what my son felt. Everyone is fighting now and she won't apologize for hitting my dad and says my parents aren't seeing my son ever again.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:stare:
Im with the wife on this one. If the guy has the self control to not hit his son then he should stand up to his father about this. Condoning physical abuse by a relative is about as bad as committing the abuse itself.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Absolutely. I bolded that part as :hellyeah: moment

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
There's spanking and then there's beating. Leaving marks and using implements pushes it way towards the beating end of the scale.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

quote:

I told her that I didn't agree with him hitting him but she was wrong to do that to my father and I tried to get her to apologize and told her that maybe a spanking will teach him something, I don't agree with how extreme my father did it but a tap might not hurt IMO

What kind of argument even is this? "Well if the situation was completely different and my dad didn't completely gently caress up our child with a belt, it would have been fine so what's the big deal?"

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I would love to have seen the look on his father's face while she was wailing on him with the belt. gently caress that guy.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

I told her that I didn't agree with him hitting him but she was wrong to do that to my father and I tried to get her to apologize and told her that maybe a spanking will teach him something

See, I know that the husband is referring to the kid "learning something" here but ideally he would be talking about his dad learning from getting smacked by his wife..

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I was spanked as a kid and I turned out terrible but I think it's unrelated.

quote:

This puts me in a really hard place, my parents aren't welcome (according to my wife) but I don't think that is fair, they are my parents I can't just cut them out like this, they punished my son how they thought was best.

He's such a goddamn coward it's making me angry. I don't care whether you consider spanking a kid's rear end is abuse or not, I think we can all agree whipping a child's back is genuine physical child abuse.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The guy probably got beat like that regularly as a child, so it is understandable that he wants to rationalise this and downplay his father being an abusive piece of poo poo as an initial reaction. He was abused, so he can't see it for what it is, maybe? He is getting a pretty big reality check in the comments, though, which will hopefully get him to see it for what it was and stand up to his father about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Hahahhah loving good for her for belting the grandpa, not such a great means of punishment now, is it? And really, where's the flaw there? It's okay for an adult to belt a child but not an adult to do it to another adult (and I don't mean in the fun way)?

I'm totally a no hands on punishment type, totally with the wife on this one. And under no circumstance should any person be spanking/physically punishing a child that isn't their own. I don't think it should be done at all, but especially not kids that aren't yours.

I love his logic about "I turned out fine!" -blows up on his four year old-. Kid is not going through a phase, the kid is four.