Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Petty and stupid but I like it anyway

Bernie would have won in all likelihood and I would still wish Obama did this.

Bernie would not have won, but Bernie was not the problem. Bernie's supporters were the problem. I watched so-called progressives posting Breitbart and Daily Caller links on social media that during the primary supported Bernie because Crooked Hillary. Then I heard Bernie supporters saying the same crap about Benghazi that the tea party and Republicans have been saying for 8 years. Frankly, it got to where you couldn't tell the difference between a Bernie fan and a Trump fan with the vitriol coming from their mouths. It turned off plenty of Democratic party members, including progressives like me and said no way Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Bernie would not have won, but Bernie was not the problem. Bernie's supporters were the problem. I watched so-called progressives posting Breitbart and Daily Caller links on social media that during the primary supported Bernie because Crooked Hillary. Then I heard Bernie supporters saying the same crap about Benghazi that the tea party and Republicans have been saying for 8 years. Frankly, it got to where you couldn't tell the difference between a Bernie fan and a Trump fan with the vitriol coming from their mouths. It turned off plenty of Democratic party members, including progressives like me and said no way Bernie.

I saw a liberal do something bad once so the entire liberal movement is bad.

Also isn't grouping entire people together and judging them as a whole something that you, a just and true Liberal, is against?

Also Bernie would have won.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
waaah some of my friends on facebook are tools and didn't love Hillary enough for my taste welp that does it neoliberalism forever.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

sounds like more apologism for hillary being a lovely and terrible candidate.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
We should see if Michelle bachmann wants to run as the dem nominee in '20. She's proven she's electable among right wingers, so we can sweep the whole moderate and independent crowd with no effort. Anybody who complains about it we'll call an anti-bachmann-bro and explain that her platform of banning gay marriage and abortion are part of a broader pragmatic incrementalist plan that the dirty communists are just too dumb to understand. Plus she's a woman, and since I'm not sexist, being a woman automatically makes her a better candidate than any male, policy be damned. Also, we need to make sure she insults as many people as possible in 2019 and barely campaigns in swing states.

Then when we lose, I can whine and cry on the internet about the lazy sexist idealists who refused to show up and vote for Mi Tia Loca.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Frankly, it got to where you couldn't tell the difference between a Bernie fan and a Trump fan with the vitriol coming from their mouths. It turned off plenty of Democratic party members, including progressives like me and said no way Bernie.

From the outside looking in, I saw waaaaay more hillary people making GBS threads on bernie and his "berniebros" than the other way around

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i'll tell you what man that dang ol' internet man i saw a tweet from a person man that person said all kinds off stuff man you can't ever tell what a person on the internet might say man you can say whatever you want man bernie bros man

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i'll tell you what man that dang ol' internet man i saw a tweet from a person man that person said all kinds off stuff man you can't ever tell what a person on the internet might say man you can say whatever you want man bernie bros man

Well that's what we tell ourselves isn't it, Boomhauer?

SithKitty
Jun 9, 2005

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Had an IRL Bernie Bro tell me unironically that when Bernie lost he realized that all politics is controlled by the wealthy at the expense of the poor. And since he was better and smarter than poor people, he was going to make a bunch of money so he could also take advantage of the poor. So close, and yet, so far.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

theres a will theres moe posted:

Then when we lose, I can whine and cry on the internet about the lazy sexist idealists who refused to show up and vote for Mi Tia Loca.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

SithKitty posted:

And since he was better and smarter than poor people, he was going to make a bunch of money so he could also take advantage of the poor.

How's that workin' out for him?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
IT WAS THE NEO LIBS AND BELTWAY DEMS THAT hosed OVER BERNIE! HE WAS FLAWLESS! FLAWLESS!!! NO REAL LEFTIST COULD HAVE EVER HAD MISGIVINGS ABOUT SAINT BERNARD!!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Schizotek posted:

IT WAS THE NEO LIBS AND BELTWAY DEMS THAT hosed OVER BERNIE! HE WAS FLAWLESS! FLAWLESS!!! NO REAL LEFTIST COULD HAVE EVER HAD MISGIVINGS ABOUT SAINT BERNARD!!

And look how that ended for them

SithKitty
Jun 9, 2005

Wheeee posted:

How's that workin' out for him?

He is a middle class born programmer, so right now he is safe in an upper middle class income bracket and privileged self delusions. Looking forward to the inevitable deterioration of hopes and dream that will follow Trump destroying the economy.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Schizotek posted:

You keep posting that map. Why?

All I see is that Hillary won a bunch of Republican states in the deep south. The same PUMAs that refused to support Obama because of a certain... "darkness" about him.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

lowercase16 posted:

All I see is that Hillary won a bunch of Republican states in the deep south. The same PUMAs that refused to support Obama because of a certain... "darkness" about him.

I like Bernie a lot but the spots on that map that are darkest yellow (which I assume means 'heavy support for Hillary') also went for Obama in 2008:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

vOv posted:

I like Bernie a lot but the spots on that map that are darkest yellow (which I assume means 'heavy support for Hillary') also went for Obama in 2008:

True true. I'm remembering interviews from people in Florida specifically. And those dark yellow areas have a high population of black people that Bernie had trouble connecting with.

I think there's a few reasons for that, but I don't want to start a whole different discussion. I was just trying to figure out what Schizotek was trying to get at by posting that map. It doesn't say anything by itself. Or rather, it tells way too many different stories that I have no idea which one was the point.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

lowercase16 posted:

The darkest yellow areas are also all of the majority black regions in America.

e: Also Puerto Rico

e2: Compare with a map of the blue dog coalition

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 15, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's sad that bernie lost twice and now berniebros are forced to relive their shame everyday over and over.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Schizotek posted:

The darkest yellow areas are also all of the majority black regions in America.

e: Also Puerto Rico

e2: Compare with a map of the blue dog coalition

Ooooh, so we were on the right topic after all.

And you don't think they would have voted for Bernie if he had been the nominee?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

lowercase16 posted:

And you don't think they would have voted for Hillary if she had been the nominee?

In many ways Hillary and Bernie had the same problems. You can't disregard important constituencies

Bernie was never going to be in the nominee in any scenario that involved a democratic election. So it's a bit besides the point.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
We would have won Alabama if not for the bernie bros.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

theres a will theres moe posted:

We would have won Alabama if not for the bernie bros.

Truly, disregarding the black vote because they're unimportant in the general is a winning political move:

Liberals are doomed to failure forever.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Schizotek posted:

Truly, disregarding the black vote because they're unimportant in the general is a winning political move:

Liberals are doomed to failure forever.

Yep, that sure is what I said!

And here I was wondering why Hillary spent so much time stumping in the Bible bel-- oh wait.. hmmm....

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Schizotek posted:

In many ways Hillary and Bernie had the same problems. You can't disregard important constituencies

Bernie was never going to be in the nominee in any scenario that involved a democratic election. So it's a bit besides the point.

I can agree with most of that and quibble with a bit, but a picture thread probably isn't the best place for real discussions.

I don't think it's beside the point, though. We need to has out what went wrong with election, what direction should the party take, and who can we trust to take it there. But all the "Bernie criticizing Hillary cost us the election!" "Um, actually, Bernie would have won." "Nuh uh!" "Yeah huh!" is petty bullshit. Because Trump is going to be president in a few days and

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://youtu.be/4G4RFH2Qo1E

E:

It really is beautiful

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 15, 2017

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Under the ACA replacement, their bill would have been $0 because they would not have received treatment and died as God intended.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even if Bernie wouldn't have won (which he would have) he would certainly have done better than the most disliked democratic candidate in decades, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Streak posted:

Even if Bernie wouldn't have won (which he would have) he would certainly have done better than the most disliked democratic candidate in decades, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

He would have posted a picture as well!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Girl skaters in Theran

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Streak posted:

and yet she still got more votes than trump

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003
Bernie would have won (if he was a better candidate)

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I wonder how many people crying "Bernie would have won!" are doing so because they're accelerationist idiots who voted for Trump too?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Probably not that many, the dumbass accelerationists already have their consolation prize and can gloat about that instead. It's the die-hard Hillmen still sneering away even after their loss that puzzle me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TomViolence posted:

Probably not that many, the dumbass accelerationists already have their consolation prize and can gloat about that instead. It's the die-hard Hillmen still sneering away even after their loss that puzzle me.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

C.M. Kruger posted:

I wonder how many people crying "Bernie would have won!" are doing so because they're accelerationist idiots who voted for Trump too?

When you ASSUME you make an rear end out of U and ME. Maybe everyone isn't American HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

• Locked thread