Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So my hege-staff assassin is 82 with full ascendancy now, and im having doubts on the matter of power charges:

With all 7 charges up, im slamming nose first into crit cap with 333% multiplier.
With 5 charges im still at 93.82% crit with 317% multiplier.

Would it be better to respec 2 power charges (templar and shadow area) into something else? (like +1 frenzy and +1 endurance for example)
I mean 20% multiplier is large but not huge, the crit chance is utterly wasted (well 1.18% are wasted) and the defence and offense from the other charges might benefit me more, no?

Currently sitting at 90% hit chance, running temp chains blasphemy and hatred.
Tooltip dps on sweep is some 64k with 3 frenzy / 7 power charges.

What do you think?

This is the tree i had planned out for lvl 90 WITH power charges:
Yes its only 161% life but theres 4 jewels with 6% each so its 185 really.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...2oTcV6lRY5YrvuL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So today I learned that if the Possessed Foe prophecy triggers on a map with the Warbands mod, every single Warbands member will be possessed by a tormented spirit! And if the map also happens to have, say, the "boss is surrounded by bodyguards" mod on it, the Elite Bodyguards will spawn possessed, too!

That was pretty fun.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

TheRat posted:

EA is a T1 skill.
EA has huge dps, both sustained and burst.
Ruby is 100% mandatory and is never situational.
Elementalist is a useless class for EA. You're either jugger or pathfinder, depending on preference.
On HC you'll never kill yourself to reflect, because you'll have ruby + leech.

Source: EA jugger is my highest ever character (96 and a bit) and I was top5 hc ladder with it until I got ultrabored of the league and stopped playing.

What makes EA work for juggernaut? I've never rolled a juggernaut. Just their general defensiveness?

Also, since I mentioned it before, are there any alternatives to the flammability curse on hit thing I mentioned earlier? I'd still be willing to give EA another go if it weren't for the lovely feeling of that mechanic. (Maybe CoH orb of storms instead of blast rain/rain of arrows?)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

What makes EA work for juggernaut? I've never rolled a juggernaut. Just their general defensiveness?

Tons of attack speed and accuracy. Then you get the tank + move speed on top.

E: As for cursing, I just didn't bother. (CWDT->Enfeeble or Temp chains is allright though)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh I just remembered it wasn't for the curse, it was for EE. Sorry. The build I was reading had a tiiiny amount of flat cold/lightning in gear so that non-EA attacks could trigger fire vulnerability on EO. Sounds too good to pass up but too annoying to play :v:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Tons of attack speed and accuracy. Then you get the tank + move speed on top.

E: As for cursing, I just didn't bother. (CWDT->Enfeeble or Temp chains is allright though)

Also you will likely use EA with blood magic since you cant possibly pay the mana cost, so the life regen from the red area is needed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I'm rolling a Jugg for EA, I'm considering using a Brass Dome over Kaoms, and getting the double chest armor node. With my planned tree that chest alone will give me nearly 30k armor.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Oh I just remembered it wasn't for the curse, it was for EE. Sorry. The build I was reading had a tiiiny amount of flat cold/lightning in gear so that non-EA attacks could trigger fire vulnerability on EO. Sounds too good to pass up but too annoying to play :v:

You trigger EE with the EA attack itself.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Doesn't the initial EA strike have a fire component? Or did I somehow miss some fire damage on my gear somewhere

Oh gently caress me it doesn't I missed an affix on a ring :suicide:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 15, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Doesn't the initial EA strike have a fire component? Or did I somehow miss some fire damage on my gear somewhere

Oh gently caress me it doesn't I missed an affix on a ring :suicide:

The initial hit is just a normal arrow hit. It only has phys + whatever you have on gear/auras.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yep I fixed that, respecced back into EE on my pathfinder and my single target problems are gone. I shouldn't be let out of the house sometimes, I swear.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Didn't EA's damage against bosses used to rely on attaching to frost wall? How does it deal single target damage now that you can't use frost wall like that?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

J posted:

Didn't EA's damage against bosses used to rely on attaching to frost wall? How does it deal single target damage now that you can't use frost wall like that?

Same way you did back then when frostwall wasnt convenient. Weapon or gemswap gmp for slower proj, aoe for conc. Or just be a pathfinder with dying sun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

J posted:

Yea, it was common to drop a Frost Wall on the boss and stack arrows on it. There are a few options to deal with it - I prefer to hold a second bow on weapon swap with gem links for single target damage. For solo play, 5-link is enough for generic map bosses.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
For bosses make a burning damage setup, the ignite will do the killing.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Holyshoot posted:

How much of that is stuff goons give you at the end of the leagues who don't play standard?

None. That stuff rolls in later :D

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 15, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just got Master Alchemist. If I use a flask after I fire explosive arrows but before they detonate, do they benefit, or does the flask have to be up when I fire? (ditto effects from e.g. sulfur flasks)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Just got Master Alchemist. If I use a flask after I fire explosive arrows but before they detonate, do they benefit, or does the flask have to be up when I fire? (ditto effects from e.g. sulfur flasks)
Explosions will benefit in this case, they count separately.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Behold! My idiocy!

I vendored this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843389685

:negative:

E: I added quality to it before doing so and it was 419ES...

Budgie fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 16, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Budgie posted:

Behold! My idiocy!

I vendored this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843389685

:negative:

E: I added quality to it before doing so and it was 419ES...
It happens to every, don't sweat it.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
My question today is if you guys think exalts will go back up eventually or if 50-55c is the new normal

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jinnigan posted:

My question today is if you guys think exalts will go back up eventually or if 50-55c is the new normal

I think they will go back to 60 or so. Theyve been like 85-90 on standard for the last few weeks, and nearer to the end of the league the numbers will converge.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
edit: I am extremely in the wrong thread

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

J
Jun 10, 2001

So why did exalts dip this low, anyway? Are people trying to get the perandus chest challenge done draining all the chaos or what?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

J posted:

So why did exalts dip this low, anyway? Are people trying to get the perandus chest challenge done draining all the chaos or what?

more people playing for a lot longer means more exalts and more chaos.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Exalts are low because I personally bought every single chaos orb in order to buy Deliriums.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Chaos are used in loving everything.

Want to reroll an item? Chaos.

Want to reroll a map? Chaos.

Want to add a Zana mod? Chaos.

Got an item worth more than an alch, but less than an exalt? Chaos.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

J posted:

yes and buying lots of cards and shaper/chayula runs and lots of small stuff that only registers in chaos

1 month in seems to be the "okay i'm done" point

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Soothing Vapors posted:

drat, now I will never know if this was another workout progress post or something amazing like that.

Also there are a lot of chaos sinks that dominate a lot of the players time in temp leagues. While in standard I would imagine that some people are hoarding exalts to try and make new mirror worthy items with new bases/affixes that get introduced in 3.0

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Does character vs enemy level have any direct effect on any calculations at all, or is it only stuff that derives from that (passive tree and stats) that matters?

Got my explosive arrow character CiaphasSA_Torgue :torgue: to 71 this evening. She tear-asses thru everything thus far. Gearing question, should I be doing anything special with gloves, boots and helm, like uniques-wise? Or are they doomed to forever be resistance sticks? Any obvious gearing errors before I head for uber lab?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also it's less the value of exalts dropping and more chaos going up in value. I'm noticing in all currency trading, chaos is worth more.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Chaos are used in loving everything.

Want to reroll an item? Chaos.

Want to reroll a map? Chaos.

Want to add a Zana mod? Chaos.

Got an item worth more than an alch, but less than an exalt? Chaos.

Except that's always been the case of every league and yet they have never dropped this hard. Also if you reroll a map when you can buy 3 or more alchs for a chaos you're doing it wrong. And it has been at that price point the entire league.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ciaphas posted:

Does character vs enemy level have any direct effect on any calculations at all, or is it only stuff that derives from that (passive tree and stats) that matters?

Got my explosive arrow character CiaphasSA_Torgue :torgue: to 71 this evening. She tear-asses thru everything thus far. Gearing question, should I be doing anything special with gloves, boots and helm, like uniques-wise? Or are they doomed to forever be resistance sticks? Any obvious gearing errors before I head for uber lab?

Important thing: lv21 EA gem. Maybe vinktar? Idk. You're life so i woulda picked jugg but that's my preference. What's your life etc at because I'd try for 5-6k before Uber

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

please knock Mom! posted:

Important thing: lv21 EA gem. Maybe vinktar? Idk. You're life so i woulda picked jugg but that's my preference. What's your life etc at because I'd try for 5-6k before Uber

I tried for a pair of 21 EA gems but couldn't find a 21 or an uncorrupted 20 all day. Damage sure skyrocketed soon as I got a 20 though, I was on 16s before.

And yeah I thought about rerolling as Juggernaut when I picked this guy back up, but so far the flask buffs and immunities from Pathfinder are turning out pretty good too. 5.3k life right now.

I'm liking this enough that my starter for next league might just be an EA Juggernaut. Nothing in this was truly expensive at all and I'm cruising hard as long as I'm playing flask piano well enough.

(e: still have an ED/cont trickster to level before I can say I've tried everything I'm currently interested in and can bloody stop with the alts :v:)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Also it's less the value of exalts dropping and more chaos going up in value. I'm noticing in all currency trading, chaos is worth more.

this is probbaly because right about now the "casuals" start their challenges with high chaos sinks (looking at you perandus coffer :mad:)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Also a lot of "casuals" who do the chaos recipe stop playing around now.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Find an extra slot or two to level up gems in cause lv21 gems are a big part of your damage. How's your jewels looking?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What are the popular builds this league and where would they rank in terms of ease to gear and power? last league everyone was going on about double dipping vortex in various ways, blade flurry has become the new earthquake in a melee skill everyone uses, the molten strike axe for cyclone looks strong but I don't know how strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Ciaphas posted:

I tried for a pair of 21 EA gems but couldn't find a 21 or an uncorrupted 20 all day. Damage sure skyrocketed soon as I got a 20 though, I was on 16s before.

And yeah I thought about rerolling as Juggernaut when I picked this guy back up, but so far the flask buffs and immunities from Pathfinder are turning out pretty good too. 5.3k life right now.

I'm liking this enough that my starter for next league might just be an EA Juggernaut. Nothing in this was truly expensive at all and I'm cruising hard as long as I'm playing flask piano well enough.

(e: still have an ED/cont trickster to level before I can say I've tried everything I'm currently interested in and can bloody stop with the alts :v:)

To be fair, you'll probably see another video or hear of another build concept, or find another build enabling unique and probably be right back in it again.
:black101:

• Locked thread